/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Attire

paradise88
04-12-2010, 02:14 PM
:sl:

I was wondering from an islamic point of view as everything i probably knw is clouded by culture..
For example if i get married i would not take my hijab off for the actual party/wedding thing but then the traditional outfit is so bright n sparkly n defeats object of hijab. Our weddings are segregated but there is one point where everyone gives them gifts men/women and also take pictures with the bride n groom together. It is usually close friends and family.

I would be confused on what to wear! I have never taken it off when i got to parties n i dnt intend to when if i get married..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
04-12-2010, 05:04 PM
Can't you mix your wedding dress with hijab ?.

distressed
04-13-2010, 11:56 AM
you can still keep you head covered with the dress that your wearing right ?? Ive been to several weddings..and some are girls from strict backgrounds,they usually just use the matching scarf..you get with the lengha/sari..and make sure it fits on the head. I dont think you can really tone it down..unless you change your whole outfit! Its your big day..so you just need to make sure your comfortable.

congrats..and enjoy it.

unknown_JJ
04-13-2010, 12:14 PM
I think shes trying to say, that the wedding dress is so over the top, that even wearing the hijab with it, it doesnt seem right?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
distressed
04-13-2010, 01:58 PM
ah i understand!! wedding attire is supposed to be OTT..you cant really tone it down..not with a simple hijab..so its best just to mke best use of the one that comes with the dress.! I dont think any1 will expect anything different.

Insaanah
04-13-2010, 02:09 PM

I have been to weddings where:

The bride and ladies are in one room, and the groom and men are in another. Then they make an announcement amongst the ladies that the groom will come to sit next to the bride for a few minutes so the ladies put their hijaabs on then he sits next to the bride for 5 minutes and then goes back to the men's room. Only mahram men ever see her.

I've also been to one as above, except the groom didn't come and sit next to the bride in front of the ladies. There was a third side room where they sat together for a bit and only their close relations and her mahrams went.

If non-mahrams have to see you on your wedding day, then you have to be in full hijaab and jilbaab (that completely covers all your finery) while they're around.

The best thing is to make some kind of arrangement where non-mahrams won't see you at all, and enjoy!

GuCcI
04-13-2010, 02:10 PM
Well as the bride, it is important to look OTT ... and you wouldnt want someone to outdress you right?

If you're worried about looking too gorgeous when its time to take pictures with people, I dont why it's just the over the top clothes that's a concern... if anything... the super elaborate makeup would also play a role. And even if you quickly changed into something less sparkly, you would also have to tone down the makeup... is it a really feasible option? The best and hassle-free solution would be to only include mahrams in the pictures...

paradise88
04-14-2010, 09:07 AM
hehe im not getting married..yet. but yeah im worried about wearing a fancy outfit n then a hijab and defeating the object.. its hard one cos u dnt knw who is coming to ur wedding lol

distressed
04-14-2010, 11:37 AM
personally i wear a hijab..but if it was me, i would just stick to the one with my dress, as long as your heads covered, plus its supposed to be very OTTT from wat ive seen of asian weddings lately, even the strict ones, if theres separate seating, then you've no probs.

S_87
04-14-2010, 12:48 PM
then make sure you have it from the beginning that you dont want any men in the womens area. if youre talking about asian wedding dresses, most ive seen show the arms so if there ARE men and you wear a headscarf, remember your arms are to be covered also. :)

Cabdullahi
04-14-2010, 03:43 PM
hijab doesnt mean just cover the hair and that should ensure you're covered....hijab means you must cover all your assets and these assets are not restricted to the head and face area!

keep it halal but keep it chic

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!