/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Gotta fix my hijaab!

Beardo
04-13-2010, 04:47 AM
I teach some youngsters on Saturdays, about a group of 10. There's a 9 year old girl in my class. Every single class session she requests to leave the classroom to fix her Hijaab. I don't mind, but her Hijaab is fine. It's the elastic type, so it shouldn't be a distraction during class time. I wouldn't mind as much if she wouldn't leave class for a whole 10 minutes. Would it be wrong for me to refuse her? :X

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd Al-Maajid
04-13-2010, 05:56 AM
Is hijaab is compulsory for a 9 year old girl....:? "O Prophet! Tell thy wives and daughters, and the believing women, that they should cast their outer garments over their persons...that they should be known and not molested." [Chapter 33, verse 59] In general, girls are required to wear hijab at puberty, and throughout the rest of their lives, whenever they are in the company of males who are not their mahrems.
If the girl has not reached puberty then you can refuse her to go out and fix her hijaab...I think she wants to truant your classes...;D;D;D

Snowflake
04-13-2010, 06:11 AM
:sl: May she needs the ladies and is too shy to say it? How long is the class? If it's not a long three hour class, then just tell them that they aren't allowed to leave the lesson to use the toilets and so to go before class starts.

distressed
04-13-2010, 07:24 AM
Maybe its not her hijab shes fixing ?? and another reason ?? I would maybe take her to a side after a class and ask her if there is anything wrong ? I wouldnt refuse her as it might upset her and she may think shes done something wrong or shes in trouble ? then again if it is genuinely her hijab..then it could be uncomfortable in some way ? only way you'll know is to ask her.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
04-13-2010, 07:33 AM
Is there a woman available who could chat with this girl and get to the bottom of this problem? Perhaps she finds it difficult to talk to a man - depending on what the problem is ...

Beardo
04-13-2010, 01:08 PM
It's really just the Hijaab. She stands right outside the door. Anyway, the best solution was the one mentioned above where I make an announcement saying all needs must be taken care of before class is in session.

distressed
04-13-2010, 01:53 PM
if shes only 9..and new to wearing a hijab..it maybe that she finds it a bit uncomfortable and needs to get used to it ? Personally i think its a bit harsh 2 refuse, the child, but thats just my opinion.

'Abd Al-Maajid
04-13-2010, 01:57 PM
You cant be so rude to refuse a cute 'lil 9 year old girl who's trying to wear a hijaab and trying to get used to it...But you should ask her to finish soon and we're all waiting for you...

Beardo
04-16-2010, 11:02 PM
^ I do say that. I mean, I'm not rude about it lol. Thus far, I've excused her all times. I was just wondering, would it be rude to say it;s fine and that she can sit down...

But as someone mentioned above, she's starting Hijaab, I might as well let her go ahead with it to make her feel more comfortable etc. If she can't feel comfortable in a Muslim setting, then that's sad.

Guess she'll be excused 10 minutes of class session every week.

distressed
04-19-2010, 09:37 AM
Once she gets used to it, im sure the interuptions will be less frequent !!!

EllyDicious
04-19-2010, 04:00 PM
lol what would she fix about her hijaab?
do you notice any change in her after she comes back?
wondering what could be wrong about her hijaab...

cat eyes
04-19-2010, 06:01 PM
hummm i was thinking there was some type of ruling on men teaching young ladies:? ive forgotton where i read it now.

Duhaa786M
04-19-2010, 06:49 PM
This thread is realy getting interesting :thumbs_up

Life_Is_Short
04-19-2010, 08:02 PM
We used to use this excuse back in school all the time to get out of class. :P

Hidaaya
04-20-2010, 02:02 AM
I'm pretty sure it's just an excuse to have a short break, hehe.

I should know, I used to do that all the time when I went to Quran classes when I was young :nervous:

So now when I go back there to teach the other students and they ask to fix their hijaab, I tell them I know what they're up to. It scares them. :statisfie

GuCcI
04-20-2010, 03:31 AM
Maybe she's just trying to get out of your class... I did that a lot.. only my excuses were more non-believable, this girl is smart mashallah.

Beardo
04-20-2010, 03:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by GuCcI
Maybe she's just trying to get out of your class... I did that a lot.. only my excuses were more non-believable, this girl is smart mashallah.
>_> Is this some sort of Sister alliance which I should perhaps be aware of? What is this heresy?!

Life_Is_Short
04-21-2010, 10:50 PM
Sometimes a couple of my classmates used to rub glue on their hands and ask the teacher to let them wash it off.

That was so childish but always worked. :hmm:

GuCcI
04-22-2010, 01:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
>_> Is this some sort of Sister alliance which I should perhaps be aware of? What is this heresy?!
yeah you should. sisterhood alliance doesnt just end there! :p

Beardo
04-23-2010, 10:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
Sometimes a couple of my classmates used to rub glue on their hands and ask the teacher to let them wash it off.

That was so childish but always worked. :hmm:
That's actually a smart idea. Doesn't work in college though, since you don't use glue in college... After a certain age, actually, you stop using colored pencils and crayons etc all together. Or is that just me?
format_quote Originally Posted by GuCcI
yeah you should. sisterhood alliance doesnt just end there! :p
I'm okay with this whole sisterhood unity thing, how else could we be an Ummah? But could we not use this power against the poor brothers? :exhausted:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!