/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Quick question

aadil77
04-13-2010, 08:08 AM
:sl:

I have this masjid donation box in my room, it clearly says 'lillah donations for mosque' its for a specific masjid. Normally when it would fill up to the top we would give it to the masjid, they'd empty it and give it back, but now my mum sends the money to poor people in pakistan. Is this right, can we use a donation box to collect money for sadaqa when its use is only intended for masjid lillah?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Innocent Soul
04-13-2010, 09:20 AM
Assalamualaikum

You should write "Donations for sadqah" instead of "lillah donations for mosques". Then it would be ok I think.

aadil77
04-13-2010, 10:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Safiya 1
Assalamualaikum

You should write "Donations for sadqah" instead of "lillah donations for mosques". Then it would be ok I think.
nah I meant the masjid gave out these boxes to collect lillah for them

Innocent Soul
04-13-2010, 11:23 AM
Sorry, I misunderstood it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rafeeq
04-13-2010, 11:45 AM
It is straight understandable. When you were collecting and people were donating for masjid, you should give to masjid only. It is unfair (I m sorry) with those who trusted you and intended to give away for masjid.
Wama Elaina Ilal Balagh.

peaceandlove
04-13-2010, 11:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77

I have this masjid donation box in my room, it clearly says 'lillah donations for mosque' its for a specific masjid. Normally when it would fill up to the top we would give it to the masjid, they'd empty it and give it back, but now my mum sends the money to poor people in pakistan. Is this right, can we use a donation box to collect money for sadaqa when its use is only intended for masjid lillah?
why did not you right both sentecne that you will either give this money in mosque or disturibue it to poor people

aadil77
04-13-2010, 12:15 PM
I think you guys don't understand, the masjid gives out these donation boxes to keep at home and add money to, I don't go collecting from others, but yeah I think I should make sure it goes to the masjid only

cat eyes
04-13-2010, 05:29 PM
mashaAllah brother thats really good thing. may Allah reward you.

Hamza Asadullah
05-03-2010, 04:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, if you do not collect the money from anyone else then it does not matter where you and your family give charity to. If anyone else puts money in there then they should be told where the money will end up. It is best to keep donations to Pakistan and other areas in a seperate box and use the current box to collect for the Masjid.

and Allah knows best in all matters

Dagless
05-03-2010, 04:16 PM
Just put a second box right next to it saying "sadaqa".

Snowflake
05-03-2010, 04:22 PM
^Best Idea. You can make your own collection jars for home by heating a knife until it's red hot and driving it through a plastic jar top. Press the flat end of the blade side to side to widen the gap so pound coins can go in easily. Keep safety in mind and do it over the sink in a well ventilated area. Also make sure the knife has handle which won't heat up when the blade does.

aadil77
05-03-2010, 04:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, if you do not collect the money from anyone else then it does not matter where you and your family give charity to. If anyone else puts money in there then they should be told where the money will end up. It is best to keep donations to Pakistan and other areas in a seperate box and use the current box to collect for the Masjid.

and Allah knows best in all matters
Wa Alaykum Asalam

yep thats what I'm gonna do

Abdul-Raouf
05-03-2010, 04:32 PM
To my knowledge. The money should go for the Masjid only.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!