/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this?

muslimsister1
04-13-2010, 08:54 AM
:sl:

Hope your all in good health, i was reading the daily express and read this article:
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...s-as-crucifix-
now some of you may have a go at me for this and forgive me if i offend anyone with my opinion, i feel as though islam is being put more in the spotlight for the wrong reasons due to this, iv seen muslim hospital workers who wear headscarves and full sleeved clothes and i think its is very good for the NHS and britian to allow this, so why will they not allow this lady wearing a crucifix? at the end of the day people will think that there is one rule for the muslims and another for christians and this is what gets peoples backs up about islam that its taking over etc etc but its the ruling that puts islam in the spotlight for the wrong reason!!!! it just really winds me up, im sorry if i have offended anyone but du undersatnd what im saying?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
What Is Truth?
04-13-2010, 08:40 PM
I think there is a significant difference between Muslims wearing hijab dress (which is mandatory) and Christians wearing a crucifix (which isn't at all). So I don't see a problem with allowing the former but not the latter on health grounds. However, if the NHS are allowing other faith groups to wear non-compulsory jewellery (as they appear do be doing in the case of Sikhs), that is more than a tad inconsistent.

(Christians are required to submit to the governing authorities unless it means rejecting the gospel or disobeying God, following Jesus example of submission to the Jewish and Roman authorities, adhering to what Paul says in Romans 13:5 and what Peter says in 1 Peter 2:13.)

Supreme
04-13-2010, 10:20 PM
What do I think of it?

OUTRAGED KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED THIS IS DISGRACEFUL THEY ARE GOING TO HELL

Well, in honesty, I just think it's nothing short of stupidity and religious insensitivity. Whatever happened to 'live and let live'? It is discrimination- Muslims are allowd the Hijab, Sikhs are allowed bangels, so why aren't Christians permitted crucifixes? I agree with the comments of Lord Carey- this is fear of Muslims and Sikhs, and discrimination of Christians.

Skavau
04-14-2010, 01:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by What is Truth?
I think there is a significant difference between Muslims wearing hijab dress (which is mandatory) and Christians wearing a crucifix (which isn't at all). So I don't see a problem with allowing the former but not the latter on health grounds. However, if the NHS are allowing other faith groups to wear non-compulsory jewellery (as they appear do be doing in the case of Sikhs), that is more than a tad inconsistent.
It does not, or should not matter whether Islam declares hijab dress mandatory or not. By the same logic - I could just as well show up wearing a ninja suit for a job and declare that they must allow me to wear it because according to my principles, it is mandatory. What matters is whether someone's personal dress code obligations contravene their employers dress code standards or impede health and safety.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
What Is Truth?
04-14-2010, 01:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skavau
It does not, or should not matter whether Islam declares hijab dress mandatory or not. By the same logic - I could just as well show up wearing a ninja suit for a job and declare that they must allow me to wear it because according to my principles, it is mandatory. What matters is whether someone's personal dress code obligations contravene their employers dress code standards or impede health and safety.
I also think there is a significant difference between a sophisticated worldview which is seriously adopted by over 1.5 billion people and a joke belief-system, and that that difference should have a bearing on these kind of conflicts. I also don't quite see how wearing long sleeves has any real impact on health and safety (I consider claims that bacteria cunningly use doctors' ties and the like to work their infectious magic utterly bogus) or why arbitrary dress codes should influence decision-making.

Skavau
04-14-2010, 03:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by What Is Truth?
I also think there is a significant difference between a sophisticated worldview which is seriously adopted by over 1.5 billion people and a joke belief-system, and that that difference should have a bearing on these kind of conflicts. I also don't quite see how wearing long sleeves has any real impact on health and safety (I consider claims that bacteria cunningly use doctors' ties and the like to work their infectious magic utterly bogus) or why arbitrary dress codes should influence decision-making.
Why should a secular state recognise this difference? An evangelical christian say working in a shop, could claim it is his religious duty to begin preaching to every customer and claim discrimination if asked to stop. If an employer has a specific dress-code in mind then you and a secular state can demand of him no exemptions based on religion. That is discriminatory.

What Is Truth?
04-16-2010, 05:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skavau
Why should a secular state recognise this difference?
The difference is either significant or not, whether the state is secular or not. If you don't think the difference between a major world religion and Ninjaism is of any significance, then we'll simply have to disagree.

جوري
04-16-2010, 06:08 PM
I have to say that no Jewelry should be allowed near patients.. in fact I have never seen anyone go to an OR Sikh, Muslim or Jew sporting any jewelery or watches.. you must donne the sterile wear of the OR..

everyone complies with this.. and frankly the clothes in themselves are 'ninja like' there is no secular or religious laws when it comes to medical ethics.. but if I have to say medical ethics certainly leans more toward religious laws than secular ones!

I hope this puts the debate to an end.. it has nothing to do with religion it is all about patient safety.. I don't think it matters if you are dealing with patients on an outpatient setting but if you are performing procedures you must take any item that will cause harm off...

of course I have read that England has the worse rate of nosocomial infections in the so called developed world so perhaps it is necessary your medical board to convene and decide what is acceptable as far as patient safety is concerned on an insular fashion!

I have had a dear member of my family my beloved aunt in the ICU for 7 months as one negligent doctor left an item in her bowels after performing a c section and they removed a large chunk of it that became gangrenous she almost died! .. so if you think things can't be dropped in there, think again with blood and inflammation and large standby team things happen and have happened, that is why everything is counted now after every procedure especially towels!

There should be NO jewelery and you should wear the hospital required gear!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!