/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Unnecessary comments

Alpha Dude
04-13-2010, 08:53 PM
:sl:

I found this posted on a brother's xanga page today (here). It made me lol but he does have a point to his post. :omg:
I usually don't do these types of social issues/controversial posts but I guess I needed a place to rant and since this is my xanga, I can do that. Please note that in this post I am not referring to anyone who posts out of concern for the Muslims or concern for people in general and tries to use their internet outlets as ways to sincerely advise and remind the people. Those of you guys who do this...I love you all for the benefit you provide all of us and the raw sincerity with which you write. Really I do. May Allah reward you. One such brother wrote an extremely sincere, raw post on his xanga. I am subscribed to him and it is a recent post. InshAllah you will find it and hopefully derive some benefit from his thoughts. Please don't hold anything against me if I offend anyone, I apologize as I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings inshAllah.

So I've noticed recently on this mad rush that we've developed on social networking and blogging sites like facebook and xanga (yes, I am a part of both), people have been leaving extremely spiritually intimate comments about themselves in their facebooks and posts. Some people will go out of their way to explicitly mention on their STATUS on facebook (this is that creepy feature where you can tell your friends what you do every hour of your life) as: "currently trying to rectify my soul...". What?...Vhat? God, dude, that takes alot of time to sign in and put up.

Let me try and give some exaggerated and some not-so-exagerrated examples of things people write on their blogs/facebooks.

"I wish I could be closer to Allah...I try sooo hard and I feel like I'm so sincere but for some reason it just doesn't work."

"Trying my best not to show off or be proud in my heart. Its so hard but I am glad I'm at least trying" :D

"Trying to read Quran everyday and make it a habit. I wish I was closer to the Quran...blah blah blah" :)

"I want to get married so my wife can wake me up for fajr prayer. That would be so awesome. We'd pray together and stuff. Yeah, we'd read Quran to each other. lololomgthx! Sigh...I wish I could find her. By the way, my number is 123-456-7890. Gotta go to sleep. Tahajjud tonight! lolkthanxbye!"

Ok..please buy this shirt if you are going to post that again:

"I feel so ashamed because of all my sins. I'm such a sinner. I'm a sinning sinner. I'm so bad. I want to ask for repentance for all the sins I did." imsad

"I'm a sinner. I'm the worst person out of anyone ever. I sin alot. I need to go back to Allah".

See above, etc.

Are you serious? Please!!! My beloved siblings in Islam - if you want to be closer to Allah - TELL HIM. Not me! And not the rest of the world! If you don't want to show off...then stop telling me about it! If you want to read the Quran...SIGN OFF AND READ! And if you want to get married....go look and look for the awesome pious supar dupar hijabi sister who has prayed more fajrs in her life than we have all five prayers together - in whatever Halaal manner best pleases you! And why are we telling people about our sins and being so extreme about it? If we are sinners than we should repent to Allah privately. That's it. Case closed. Baath khatam. End of estory. Yes, estory.

I mean really, I know that we all have our own blogs and we all have the right to post whatever we want. For everyone who is saying: "Well its my blog and you don't have to read it and I am an independent person and this is my right" I am not talking about rights. Yes yes there is freedom of speech, and its your blog and you have the right to be an individual. Good job for being so deep and profound and realizing that you should be your own person. Please enjoy this picture of a cookie:

You may also be interested in:

I am not questioning anyone's sincerity. That's between people and Allah. I am talking about safety. I am talking about how spiritually unsafe it is for a person to expose their spiritual nakedness for every single person on the face of this planet to see. How can a person who is trying to root out the disease of showing off....POST ABOUT IT? That makes me feel kind of like this:

No, it doesn't make me feel stupid. It makes me feel confused.

It concerns me when we do this because we are falling into the trap which we are trying to escape from, by opening our hearts up to the world. This is why we have scholars, ulama, counselors, spouses, and older brothers. Talking about our detailed personal spiritual development in public is a huge risk in two ways:

1. Publicizing one's spiritual state, can lead to the world knowing your inner weaknesses.

2. Publicizing one's spiritual development is dangerous because it can lead to arrogance, pride, showing off, and open up all sorts of nasty trapdoors set by shaitaan concerning pride and conceitedness.

There is a huge difference between that, and mentioning something that you happen to come across in your development/studies, and making a point of letting people know about it so that it encourages them to do good.

But really. One reason we are so spiritually bankrupt is because we worry about other people rather than worrying about Allah. Please..lets worry about Allah. Let's write to him those things which we are saying to people which don't really need to go their ears.

Allah knows the very deepest whispers of our hearts. If we call to him, ask him, inform him with our own lips and testify to him of the state of our own souls - inshAllah the need/desire we feel to tell other people about our inner states will diminish.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-13-2010, 09:38 PM
I agreee....SubhaanAllaah
May Allaah keep us away from such acts..Ameen

Innocent Soul
04-14-2010, 01:20 AM
I to agree, Jazakallah for posting.

May Allaah keep us away from such acts
Ameen

Alpha Dude
04-14-2010, 03:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
loool don't ask who that reminded me of :P
Stop picking on Murad. :hmm:

lololomgthx! and lolkthanxbye! reminded me of Rashad though. Hyperactive. :hiding:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
04-14-2010, 03:24 PM
:sl: Very nicely written, funny and thought provoking. Jazak Allah for sharing.

syilla
04-16-2010, 02:43 PM
lol....then i guess that guy will never understand why people write poems... is not for him to judge who is sincere and who is not...huhu

Alpha Dude
04-16-2010, 02:51 PM
Sister, I think you're overlooking his message. Particularly:

I am not questioning anyone's sincerity. That's between people and Allah. I am talking about safety. I am talking about how spiritually unsafe it is for a person to expose their spiritual nakedness for every single person on the face of this planet to see. How can a person who is trying to root out the disease of showing off....POST ABOUT IT?

It concerns me when we do this because we are falling into the trap which we are trying to escape from, by opening our hearts up to the world. This is why we have scholars, ulama, counselors, spouses, and older brothers. Talking about our detailed personal spiritual development in public is a huge risk in two ways:

1. Publicizing one's spiritual state, can lead to the world knowing your inner weaknesses.

2. Publicizing one's spiritual development is dangerous because it can lead to arrogance, pride, showing off, and open up all sorts of nasty trapdoors set by shaitaan concerning pride and conceitedness.

syilla
04-16-2010, 03:09 PM
^^^ well... i know he commented that... but don't you think his comments are like judging...

is there any hadith saying publisizing spiritual feelings are unsafe?

Donia
04-16-2010, 04:03 PM
Nice. I really enjoyed reading this alhumdulillah.

JazakAllah khair.

Alpha Dude
04-16-2010, 04:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
^^^ well... i know he commented that... but don't you think his comments are like judging...
He explicitly said he is not questioning anybody's sincerity, so why should we assume otherwise? Are you not judging him now? :)

is there any hadith saying publisizing spiritual feelings are unsafe?
Allahu Alaam. Please appreciate that he is not dispensing an Islamic commandment but rather giving advice to help people curb spritual problems such as riya and khibr that may arise by doing things like those mentioned.

cat eyes
04-16-2010, 04:17 PM
but why should you be afraid of showing some one your weakness? isen that a type of ego? no one is perfect btw whether a person is expressing his feelings or not, you can still get a fair idea whether that person is spiritually weak

i love to disagree on everything for attention its my weakness:hiding: and i bet people can notice that already

See what i mean:p

syilla
04-16-2010, 04:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
He explicitly said he is not questioning anybody's sincerity, so why should we assume otherwise? Are you not judging him now? :)
ahh...nice smiley you have there. i'm not questioning him questioning other people sincerity...i'm questioning him judging that people will weaken his eeman because expressing their feelings.... and that of course its because of sincerity. Everyone is different and everyone has ways of expressing their thoughts.

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude

Allahu Alaam. Please appreciate that he is not dispensing an Islamic commandment but rather giving advice to help people curb spritual problems such as riya and khibr that may arise by doing things like those mentioned.
Riya' and khibr is only for Allah to judge. It should be as reminder for us to have a 'sincere' intentions...but not at all to stop us from showing or telling 'good things'

Is not for us to say...why people wants to show goodness. For at least we should be surrounded with everyone showing and trying to express thing about islam and goodness. thats what islam society is about. We should not be like those people...when people wants to show goodness...we will want to raise our eyebrows for it?? Every feeling, every word and every action should all related to islam.

Alpha Dude
04-16-2010, 04:44 PM
Fair enough, sister. I do see your point.

To those who took good from the blog post, Alhamdulilah.

syilla
04-16-2010, 04:55 PM
I just think we have less of showing goodness and more showing 'bad'ness... and for me we should reform the internet into something 'good'...huhuhu

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!