/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what to do

cat eyes
04-15-2010, 04:06 PM
:sl: this question has already been asked,, i just want to know what do you have to do if you break promise to Allah? :( i have become highly frustrated with myself :wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
islamirama
04-15-2010, 05:58 PM
:wa:

Kafaarat al-yameen (expiation for an unfulfilled oath) means feeding ten poor people with the average food that your family eats, or clothing them, or freeing a slave. What is obligatory in feeding is half a saa’ of the staple food of the country, such as dates, wheat, etc. It is equivalent to approximately one and a half kilograms of rice, which should be given with something that can be eaten with it, to one poor person. It is obligatory to give to ten different people. If you can find a family of poor Muslims composed of ten members, or two or three families who numbers add up to ten, and you give them fifteen kilograms of rice, along with some meat, for example, this will be sufficient. Or you can distribute to them what is needed for ten lunches or dinners already cooked, of the food that an average person needs for lunch, and this is sufficient. Clothing means that which is needed to cover the ‘awrah for prayer. If your mother is unable to feed or clothe poor people, or free a slave, then she has to fast for three days, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Allaah will not punish you for what is unintentional in your oaths, but He will punish you for your deliberate oaths; for its expiation (a deliberate oath) feed ten Masaakeen (poor persons), on a scale of the average of that with which you feed your own families, or clothe them or manumit a slave. But whosoever cannot afford (that), then he should fast for three days. That is the expiation for the oaths when you have sworn. And protect your oaths (i.e. do not swear much)…” [al-Maa’idah 5:89]

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/9985

cat eyes
04-16-2010, 10:28 AM
jazakallah brother but i wont be able to fast for the next five days due to personal reasons is there anything else i can do? thanks for replying

Abdul Wahid
04-16-2010, 04:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
jazakallah brother but i wont be able to fast for the next five days due to personal reasons is there anything else i can do? thanks for replying
:sl: sister

One point to remember is that one can only resort to fasting three days for the kaffara if unable to do any of the following:

1. Freeing a slave

2. Clothing ten poor people, giving each of them one garment or more.

3. Feeding ten poor people two meals each.

Only when incapable of observing the above can one resort to fasting three days.

If fasting is your only option then fast after the 5 days but don't delay it any further.

And ALLAH(SWT) knows best.

:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!