/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Any Scholarship for revert sisters to study Islam in KSA?

revert2007
04-16-2010, 01:08 PM
Assalamualikum.

I would like to know is there any scholarship available for revert sisters to study Islam and Arabic in KSA?

Of course revert sisters who are married and have their mahram with them.I have heard some time ago about this and I would like to know if it is true.

If anyone know any news about it and confirmed it is true,please kindly reply to my thread.

Assalamualikum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Missinglinks
04-16-2010, 01:20 PM
bismillah

dear sister

I think it is possible in Makkah, here is a very usefull website that itself has much info and even links you to other usefull websites.

www.bakkah.net

wa salaam

may Allah help you...

I would love to see muslim women scholars, moreover since I know that they are the ones who mainly are raising our children and

Imam Ad-Dhahabi says:
قال الحافظ الذهبي: “لم يؤثر عن امرأة أنها كذبت في الحديث”. ويقول رحمه الله : “وما علمت من النساء من اتهمت ولا من تركوها” – ميزان الاعتدال : 4 / 604
"..but no woman was ever accused of fabricating hadith." He also says: "I know of no woman who ever has been accused of fabricating hadith and be banned (because of that)"
{“Meezan Al-A’tidal”, 4/604}.

AhmadibnNasroon
04-17-2010, 01:45 AM
wa 3laykum assalam,

Bakkah wont help. That site is run by Musa Richardson so dont expect to get anywhere with it.

Since you're a sister, I'm assuming you're married so it would largely depend on your husband applying. He would have to meet the conditions of each university. Both Madinah al Munawwara uni and Umm ul Quraa have age limits of 23 now. Minimum HS diploma is required and I believe he'll need some letters of recommendation as well (tazkiya). Both Umm ul Quraa and Madinah al Munawwarra have sister universities next to the jaamiyyah'tul islamiyya. So if he can get in to one of the two Unis, then I'm certain you can get into the sister's program.

Your best bet is for him to get in contact with someone who is there or can get him a scholarship. Basically what brothers do is that they hand in their application through ppl going to hajj/umrah which isn't as good as going there yourself and applying via an interview. It takes approximately 1 year for a response. If he does go for the interview, let him play dumb, basically he shouldn't act as if he has a lot of knowledge of Islam. These universities are designed for people to learn about Islam not having a lot of knowledge. I recall a friend applying and the guy before him went into the interview claiming to have sat with so many ulemma, memorizing so many books, and the students told my friend thats not what the university wants.

I dont have any info on hand of Muhammad ibn Saud Uni, perhaps someone else can post some relevant information.

islamirama
04-17-2010, 02:01 AM
Try this forum, i believe they based in madina

http://www.hijra.net/forum/

format_quote Originally Posted by AhmadibnPhilip
wa 3laykum assalam,

Bakkah wont help. That site is run by Musa Richardson so dont expect to get anywhere with it.
Something we should know about musa? he's not in oz is he?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AhmadibnNasroon
04-17-2010, 02:12 AM
eh, nothing worth mentioning at this point

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!