/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Problem with geocentric defender.

ardianto
04-16-2010, 03:04 PM
:sl:

Please forgive me if this thread is controversial, but I am in a problem with some brothers/sisters that make me want to cry.

Like other people, I studied and learned many knowledge including astronomy although only basic level. I know how earth walks on its orbit, what is the sun, what are stars, what are galaxies. I realize, the universe is extremely big, and my Islamic teachers said, the universe is the sign of greatness of Allah.

I am living in a country that has many Muslim astronomers who always supply astronomical information to Ministry of Religion and Ulama Council. So, Ulama can make schedule for daily salah, schedule for salah sunnah when solar or moon eclipse, definite Qiblat direction, etc. In short word, I am living in a country where astronomy is a part of Islamic knowledge.

In 2006, some people issued a book that 'explain' if according to Islam, the right concept in astronomy is not the earth revolve the sun (heliocentric), but the sun revolve the earth (geocentric). This book was followed by many websites for support that geocentric concept. This is look like a movement against heliocentric.

This movement caused controversy because points of their statement are :
- Heliocentric was created by non-Muslims for misguide Muslims to the wrong paths. Some of them say heliocentric was created by Christian and Jews, the rest say heliocentric was originally from Ancient Greek pagan belief.
- Every proof of heliocentric astronomy are false. Journey to outer space were hoax.
- Muslims are obligated to reject heliocentric concept because Qur'an has said the right concept is geocentric. Muslims who believe heliocentric are kuffar.

Brothers in Indonesia (including me) are trying to explain them if heliocentric is not wrong. However, when we explain them with physic or history, they always say, those answer are not from Qur'an and hadists. When we show them some answer that based on Qur'an from local Ulama who explain heliocentric is not wrong, they replied, those Ulama are guys who don't know anything about Islam.

The problem was going bigger when enemies of Islam came and quote that geocentric concept for support their lie propaganda if Qur'an contradictive with science, and that is a proof is Qur'an was written by human. Unfortunately, those geocentric supporter never help us to refute that propaganda although they and us are in the same websites.

I have opened my door of ijtihad. I don't say geocentric is wrong. The sun revolve the earth, or the earth revolve the sun in depend on where we stand. When we stand on earth, the sun walks on it orbit from east to west. But when we stand in outer space, we can see the earth walks on its orbit revolve the sun. But unfortunately, they always attack us with offensive words.

Frankly, I have no objection if they want to defend their concept, but I hope they ........
- Do not accuse us disrespect to Salaf Ulama. We agree with many of their fatawa, we disagree only one or few fatawa, but we always respect to them.
- Do not insult other Ulama.
- Do not easy to call kafir to other Muslims.
- Do not make statements that can confuse Muslims, in example "the sun is life being".

Now, I am in confusion. How can I fight those enemies of Islam if my brothers/sisters always make statements that support that anti-Islam propaganda ?

I am so worry Muslims would thinking if Qur'an is contradictive with science, and they begin to doubt to Islam.

P.S. This debate is still running.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
04-17-2010, 02:40 AM
I must explain, this controversy was NOT caused by fatwa from Syaikh Salih Al-Uthaymin. He had issued a fatwa that say if the sun revolve the earth, but it didn't caused any controversy because Syaikh Salih Al-Uthaymin didn't say any offensive word. As a great Alim, he always respect to other Muslim.

The controversy was started by this book.

and followed by many websites that 'attack' Muslims who support heliocentric.

Hamza Asadullah
05-03-2010, 09:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
:sl:

Please forgive me if this thread is controversial, but I am in a problem with some brothers/sisters that make me want to cry.

Like other people, I studied and learned many knowledge including astronomy although only basic level. I know how earth walks on its orbit, what is the sun, what are stars, what are galaxies. I realize, the universe is extremely big, and my Islamic teachers said, the universe is the sign of greatness of Allah.

I am living in a country that has many Muslim astronomers who always supply astronomical information to Ministry of Religion and Ulama Council. So, Ulama can make schedule for daily salah, schedule for salah sunnah when solar or moon eclipse, definite Qiblat direction, etc. In short word, I am living in a country where astronomy is a part of Islamic knowledge.

In 2006, some people issued a book that 'explain' if according to Islam, the right concept in astronomy is not the earth revolve the sun (heliocentric), but the sun revolve the earth (geocentric). This book was followed by many websites for support that geocentric concept. This is look like a movement against heliocentric.

This movement caused controversy because points of their statement are :
- Heliocentric was created by non-Muslims for misguide Muslims to the wrong paths. Some of them say heliocentric was created by Christian and Jews, the rest say heliocentric was originally from Ancient Greek pagan belief.
- Every proof of heliocentric astronomy are false. Journey to outer space were hoax.
- Muslims are obligated to reject heliocentric concept because Qur'an has said the right concept is geocentric. Muslims who believe heliocentric are kuffar.

Brothers in Indonesia (including me) are trying to explain them if heliocentric is not wrong. However, when we explain them with physic or history, they always say, those answer are not from Qur'an and hadists. When we show them some answer that based on Qur'an from local Ulama who explain heliocentric is not wrong, they replied, those Ulama are guys who don't know anything about Islam.

The problem was going bigger when enemies of Islam came and quote that geocentric concept for support their lie propaganda if Qur'an contradictive with science, and that is a proof is Qur'an was written by human. Unfortunately, those geocentric supporter never help us to refute that propaganda although they and us are in the same websites.

I have opened my door of ijtihad. I don't say geocentric is wrong. The sun revolve the earth, or the earth revolve the sun in depend on where we stand. When we stand on earth, the sun walks on it orbit from east to west. But when we stand in outer space, we can see the earth walks on its orbit revolve the sun. But unfortunately, they always attack us with offensive words.

Frankly, I have no objection if they want to defend their concept, but I hope they ........
- Do not accuse us disrespect to Salaf Ulama. We agree with many of their fatawa, we disagree only one or few fatawa, but we always respect to them.
- Do not insult other Ulama.
- Do not easy to call kafir to other Muslims.
- Do not make statements that can confuse Muslims, in example "the sun is life being".

Now, I am in confusion. How can I fight those enemies of Islam if my brothers/sisters always make statements that support that anti-Islam propaganda ?

I am so worry Muslims would thinking if Qur'an is contradictive with science, and they begin to doubt to Islam.

P.S. This debate is still running.
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, brother i spent a very long time debating with kufaar and Muslims on the science of the Qur'an. The Qur'an contains science which even by todays standards is an absolute miracle and MANY big scientists have reverted to islam by what Allah has written in the Qur'an.

My brother it is science that is contradictive as there will always be new science to replace old one. Until this day not a single verse in the Qur'an is contradticive and if this was the case then it would surely have been a huge thing. The Qur'an is a miracle and it will remain the most unique book in the universe until the end of time.

Let me tell you brother that there are some people who you can give them all the proofs in the world but they will not listen to you because they have a seal on their hearts. You must realise that all you can do is inform them in a beautiful and gentle manner using wisdom and tact and then leave it at that. You cannot guide anyone or change their ways for you can only try your best to make them see sense and leave it to Allah and make dua for them.

and Allah knows best in all matters

ardianto
05-09-2010, 12:25 PM
To : brother Hamza.

Thank you very much for your response. That is a good advice.
Insha Allah, I will make dua for all brothers and sisters in Islam.

Jazak Allah Khayr.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
05-09-2010, 12:28 PM
This what I mean with the problem with geocentric defender.
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...rth-fixed.html

To Admins and Mods : If you think it's better if you close this thread, you can close this thread.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!