/* */

PDA

View Full Version : She's Back! with questions........yo

anonymous
04-16-2010, 06:01 PM
Yo ppls wassup. Its me… sista truuue. Idk where the heck my account is but it doesn’t matter.

In the past two years I think about a couple hundred questions have came up to my mind to confuse me and back then when I’d ask u guys would say “it’s the devil sparkin up the questions” but idc cause I feel that if I actually get even vague answers, I would feel a whole lot better.

Quick update: nah, I haven’t gotten much better than I was one year ago, or two, or three, or even four. I actually think I’ve gotten worse. Especially with music. I’m obsessed with taylor swift and evanescence. And I hardly even feel bad about. But that’s only the smallest of the stupid faith war. I’ll keep throwin the rocks, but no matter how big they are, the devil’ll keep throwin fire bombs that blind the hell out of me…….or wait.. into me…?

Wow I’m a great procrastinator (oh yea I actually kno what that means now lol)

So on with the questions (take a deep breath and a chill pill cause my stupidity and stubbornness [and beautifully perfect grammar] tends to drive people crazii):

1. you guys all know hamas, do u guys kno their nasheeds? They’re always singing about faith and allah and how they’re never scared and never goin to be scared no matter what the israeli’s do to ‘em, and they’re faith and pureness is sooooo strong! I know they’re a whole lot better than me. I know when they die, they usually die smiling. BUT…most of their nasheeds have drums and stuff in em, they sound a lot like my brothers hip hop beats. I’ve noticed they mostly use drums, I’m not sure if they’re all like that. And some people say that it’s the bad words in songs that are bad, but the beat is harmless…that sounds pretty…understandable. But if everyone’s sayin even the beat is haram, doesn’t matter if the words are good, then why are the Palestinians using awesome (haram) beats to make amazing (halal) nasheeds?? It would be hard to believe that the Palestinians are doing something so haram so obviously with people of their incredible faith right? Try not to jump at me for such a critically uninformed question. :p
  2. If u do something that’s realllllllllllly stupid and u know its stupid and its haram too and that’s why its stupid…but u feel bad about doing it and u really wish u hadn’t or wanna take it back because it’s haram and u didn’t mean to do it, but apparently the shaitan is the best persuader out there, and u try to do something to make allah forgive u for it….but the shaitan still plays u and makes ur repenting very stupidly unsincere-ish…would allah really know what went to you when u did it and forgive ?? Like…say there’s this cliff, and it’s strictly off limits because it’s haramness is incredibly high, but u of all people, because ur so stupid, decide to jump off it, and when u land at the bottom (pretend u survive) u feel very bad and u want to walk right up to god and tell him why u did it and that it was just so tempting and u beg for forgiveness….but all u really end up doing is thinking in ur head that u shouldn’t have done it, that u wish u were stronger but know that ur pretty much an invisible shadow in this world. i don’t really know what I’m asking, ur probably guessing therapy but no I think it’s more of something like…..HELP! why do I fall so easily under the shaitans stupid flaming feet?? My mom says that the shaitan doesn’t bother the true mu’mins, the ones that really really love allah and have some crazy repenting skills, but how do I get to that level if I can’t get through the very first “easy” level??
  3. why is it so hard for me to get to where I want to get? Is it because the shaitan’s taken over completely? Like..no goin back completely? I wanna win but I’m growin weak, and my faith sucks so it’s hard to keep goin. I’ve been at this since I was like fourteen and if there’s any of those ancient peoples still here, they’d remember my annoying questions and crappy drop of deen that’s slowly lingering somewhere unfound in my blood, and now I’m seventeen and I’ve still gone nowhere…well no where good at least. If I keep getting worse, and I’ve gotten worse since my stupid attempt and trying to get better, then how the hell would u only imagine I’d be like when im 20, or 30 or even 50??? I don’t wanna be like them old ladies that screwed up their entire lives because of the stupid shaitan getting into their heads in their teens and never leaving as they realize their mistakes. I don’t wanna be that. I wanna be a true muslim... sorry true muslims for wasting that name for u on li.
  4. How do u break sihr? I just wanna know if there’s anything out there that can help break it after it’s been there unknown for 21 years. Its pretty creepy, and it’s screwed up A LOT of people’s lives, so I think it’s time to break it now and I’d be willing to give my soul for this person to set them free and everyone else that they’re hurting free of their chains. Please help.

I have to go take a stupid algebra quiz right now so that’s all I’ll put up right now, some questions have slipped my mind……and don’t worry I probably won’t reply to u guys with more stupidity but I will read whatever ur answers might be.

Peace outt.
Paix dehors.
And merci beaucoup!

P.S. Li dudes the new layout sucks. The way it was before (with the “top” statistics was soo unique, now it just looks like crap. It almost scared me away and my heart is still at this place, imagine what ur doin to the new ppl :p No offence. Just a very mean comment but still, no offence.

P.S.S. I see Amat Allah came back!! I Love u sisss!! ♥♥♥

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Güven
04-16-2010, 07:08 PM
Glad to see you alive and well, sis. It's been a while. :D

Im no good at giving advice anymore, so I'll leave it to experts.

May Allah help you.

Cabdullahi
04-16-2010, 08:02 PM
sister your addiction to music is a chemical one, listening to music releases endorphins and endorphins make you feel good so whenever you feel stressed the only thing that comes to mind is music and your brain is fixated to that, you have to find other avenues to relief stress you cannot carry on like this.....do something that you really enjoy which is halal...like exercising...writing rhymes whenever you're stressed and i know you can drop some mean lines! Keep strong!

Remember the more satanic music you listen to the more you'll be thrown into oblivion and also remember that the battle wont be over until you stop breathing..so the shaytan hasnt taken over you!!

Alpha Dude
04-16-2010, 09:48 PM
:sl:

Is this truemuslim?

1. By consensus, with the exception of duff, no other form of music is acceptable.

If the nasheeds you are talking about use duff, then they're ok.

In any case, the motive behind anybody's use of haram instrument is irrelevant. There is only one immediate issue that must be thought of by you and that is whether or not what you are listening to is permissible. There is no need to delve into and overthink the issue bar this detail.

2 & 3. Allah says if we go walking toward him, he comes running toward us.

Wholeheartedly believe it and strive to take genuine and sincere steps toward Allah.

Try this for a few nights and whenever you feel low in connection with Allah:

Seclude yourself some place where you wouldn't be interupted. After having made wudhu, pray two nafil rakat and sit down to make dua.

You ask Allah to forgive all your past sins, the ones that you know of and those that you don't, then ask Allah to guide you always.

In the dua, you ask Allah will full concentration as though you really are asking of an All hearing, All merciful being that will most definitely give you what you ask for.

4. Some tips I would give anybody that is suffering from sihr:

i. Keep firm faith in Allah above all else.
ii. Strive to make it your purpose in life to attain the pleasure of Allah and have little desire to seek the treasures and happiness of this world.
iii. Strive to fulfil all commandments of Allah. Pray all salah, fast on the appropriate days, give zakat and charity when necessary etc
iv. Pray Surah Baqarah in the house as often as possible, at least every 3 days. It's a long surah so perhaps split it up so that you finish within the three days. If time is a limiting factor, read as much of it as possible. Some is better than nothing. Play the surah on MP3 each day full too. Shaytanic jinns can't enter such a house in which this surah is recited for 3 days, as far as I am aware.
iv. Pray Ayatul Kursi as well as the last three surahs of the Qur'an all thrice after each salah.
v. Prior to sleeping, pray the last three surahs, blow into your hands and wipe your hands over as much of your body that can be reached. Do this thrice. Also recite Ayatul Kursi.
vi. Try to stay in a state of wudhu as often as possible. Sleep in a state of wudhu too.
vii. Adopt patience and recognise this is Allah's test for you.

InshaAllah consistent practice of the above will help. Try also to seek out the help of qualified and trustworthy people that are known to help in the removal of sihr. Watch out for fakes though, there's a lot out there.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noorseeker
04-17-2010, 04:57 AM
is this truemuslim, if it is we missed you and your poems

Soulja Girl
04-18-2010, 08:23 PM

LOL

She's back huh? Where ya been hidin, still teh same eh? :p..

:wa:

anonymous
04-20-2010, 07:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
Glad to see you alive and well, sis. It's been a while. :D
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven

Im no good at giving advice anymore, so I'll leave it to experts.

May Allah help you.
I remember u, the turkish dude. Sokay and thank u anyway =)

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
sister your addiction to music is a chemical one, listening to music releases endorphins and endorphins make you feel good so whenever you feel stressed the only thing that comes to mind is music and your brain is fixated to that, you have to find other avenues to relief stress you cannot carry on like this.....do something that you really enjoy which is halal...like exercising...writing rhymes whenever you're stressed and i know you can drop some mean lines! Keep strong!
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii

Remember the more satanic music you listen to the more you'll be thrown into oblivion and also remember that the battle wont be over until you stop breathing..so the shaytan hasnt taken over you!!
It’s funny I still need to use dictionary.com to understand most of these posts XD
I exercise all the time, but I can never do it unless I have my pretty pink mp3 player with me. Everytime I add a song, I feel worse. It’s up to 275 tracks now and I feel like I actually have a statistic of my sins. 275 sins. 275 reasons to burn in hell. 275 blazing rods to my ears. 275 scorching steps onto flaming glass pieces. 275 sins + the unknown other part of the sins that I don’t have exact numbers of.
I write poems and and rhymes all the time also, I can stay up for hours to do that into the middle of the night, but I need background music to pump me up. Sometimes I stay up all night on the treadmill but nobody knows, and the music is blasting in my ear the whole time. I know that dua in the night is the best dua, and the prayer in the night is the best prayer. But I just can’t do that. I can never make myself get off the treadmill or the books enough to make wudhu and actually PRAY. It’s like…starting an essay. Yea that’s it. It’s exactly like starting an essay. U know u have to do it or u flunk out. Mr. whatever is going to kick u out if u fail. And u waste time doing everything else there is to do in the world but u can NEVER start the freakin essay. U know u should but u just cant. This is way worse though because u don’t flunk out of the dudes classroom, u flunk out of LIFE.
I understand what ur sayin, what with the music making me feel better and take away stress. When I actually read that, I know it’s true. I’m always stressed and I like to stay alone most of the time. I hate people. I can’t stand anyone around me anymore because every single person I know criticizes me for what I do (“look at her with the shaitans in her ears all the time”) i’m not trying to change for them, to shut them up, I’m trying to change for ME becausei KNOW They’re right. I just hate how they tell me it. They can never say “Oh dude she’s psychotic get her into therapy before she goes to hell” I’d appreciate that so much more…..well not really the therapy but the help! I want help not hate. I hate hate. I hate people who hate. And I hate the dude who made hate. Stupid devil.
I know I’m stressed. I know that school is driving me crazy; I’m an honor student and I’m taking college classes, yet nobody is proud of that, which drives me crazier.
I know that my books are about to be published and I’ve started two more books; which is really hard because stupid literary agents are sooooooooooooooooooooooo strict! But they’ve finally accepted, and my books will finally be published, but it just puts all the stress more on me because I need to take time for this part of my life ALONE. Which is pretty hard to get.
I know that i have deen to hold up, not just one of the life distractions, which means I gotta pray all 5, and gotta make em sincere. That’s hard. Like…very hard. For me at least. And a million more things.
And of course, I KNOW that music lets me out of this stupid world for a small moment. It’s like my free getaway for 30 minutes. I don’t hear anyone. I don’t see anyone. It’s like dying…but in a haram way. I’d rather die. But I don’t wanna die YET. Because I know that if I were to die right now, I’m straight to hell. I know that you’re probably gonna say “oh no, that’s not a good way to go sister, prayer is an even better getaway…dua is like floating on clouds….-something awesome that u guys always say-“ but I will never be able to do that. I can never take myself out of music. I actually wouldn’t even mind going to JAIL for three years or even five or ten or twenty, as long as I have my cute pink mp3 with me and a laptop to charge it! That’s insane. I’m insane. Insanity goes to hell = I go to hell.
Thanks bro, I appreciate all the help, and I love the way u brought out the logic of WHY I listen to music. Maybe if I was in a…idk the middle of a forest. And I didn’t have my ipod. I wouldn’t actually want to listen to it. As long as I’m alone in the forest. I would just need my prayer rug, and a quran. That’s all I would need to survive in there. No food no beds no people no nothing. I know I would love that if that would be possible because I’d be sure I’d be a MUCH MUCH MUCH better person than I am right now. I would feel at least a tiny ping of enthusiasm, thati would at least feel a little bit like a real “truemuslim” who would actually might just maybe have a chance to go to heaven.

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude

Is this truemuslim?

1. By consensus, with the exception of duff, no other form of music is acceptable.

If the nasheeds you are talking about use duff, then they're ok.

In any case, the motive behind anybody's use of haram instrument is irrelevant. There is only one immediate issue that must be thought of by you and that is whether or not what you are listening to is permissible. There is no need to delve into and overthink the issue bar this detail.

2 & 3. Allah says if we go walking toward him, he comes running toward us.

Wholeheartedly believe it and strive to take genuine and sincere steps toward Allah.

Try this for a few nights and whenever you feel low in connection with Allah:

Seclude yourself some place where you wouldn't be interrupted. After having made wudhu, pray two nafil rakat and sit down to make dua.

You ask Allah to forgive all your past sins, the ones that you know of and those that you don't, then ask Allah to guide you always.

In the dua, you ask Allah will full concentration as though you really are asking of an All hearing, All merciful being that will most definitely give you what you ask for.

4. Some tips I would give anybody that is suffering from sihr:

i. Keep firm faith in Allah above all else.
ii. Strive to make it your purpose in life to attain the pleasure of Allah and have little desire to seek the treasures and happiness of this world.
iii. Strive to fulfil all commandments of Allah. Pray all salah, fast on the appropriate days, give zakat and charity when necessary etc
iv. Pray Surah Baqarah in the house as often as possible, at least every 3 days. It's a long surah so perhaps split it up so that you finish within the three days. If time is a limiting factor, read as much of it as possible. Some is better than nothing. Play the surah on MP3 each day full too. Shaytanic jinns can't enter such a house in which this surah is recited for 3 days, as far as I am aware.
iv. Pray Ayatul Kursi as well as the last three surahs of the Qur'an all thrice after each salah.
v. Prior to sleeping, pray the last three surahs, blow into your hands and wipe your hands over as much of your body that can be reached. Do this thrice. Also recite Ayatul Kursi.
vi. Try to stay in a state of wudhu as often as possible. Sleep in a state of wudhu too.
vii. Adopt patience and recognise this is Allah's test for you.

InshaAllah consistent practice of the above will help. Try also to seek out the help of qualified and trustworthy people that are known to help in the removal of sihr. Watch out for fakes though, there's a lot out there.
Yea it’s me. I’d be very very surprised if u know a more psychotic, faithless, stupid, stubborn, insane person like me.
I get it, and I think you’re right. I think I just KNOW that all music with more than a duff are haram. And I just want something to give me permission to let me be free in my own little cage of music without going to hell for it.
I guess I’m more of crawling towards Allah. I wish I had a t-mobile connection with allah, it never cuts up no matter where u are and what ur goin through. But instead my connection with allah is like my internet connection – very crappy. Every night I think that my tears have finally run out, but when I’ve finally almost gotten close to entering dreamland, they burst out. I get up and get on my knees and ask allah for forgivness for every single thing that I’ve done, and sometimes I don’t even realize what they are. I can’t talk to anybody or trust anybody or ask anyone for advice, which is why i’ve came here. You guys used to tell me not to keep everything inside me, not to hide everything with a smile, and I guess it’s true, I hide it from people, but explode like “Little Boy” in front of god, and yet it feels like he’s up there laughing at me. Knowing where I’m already going he’s probably not trying to help me because he already knows that when I’m __ years old I will die by a ____ and go to hell. so there’s no hope. But I keep trying and I keep fighting and u guys say the battles never over until I die so I keep going and I’ve never stopped. I never feel better. And sometimes it feels like not only humans have betrayed me, but god has. Because I ask god for something, for help, in really really strict and scary situations, and after I pray in silence quickly, and for once it actually feels sincere, I go out there and I’m trusting him, I have all my faith in him and I feel like he’s put a titanium shield over me to protect me from what’s to come, but I get shot down immediately in the battlefield and I realize I’ve been betrayed. That’s the worst betrayal u can ever feel, betrayed by god. That’s one of the things that I actually KNOW bring my faith down, because it’s like if you’re running to your mom for help to seal up a wound, and she says “Okay darling” and she brings out the bandages and kisses u and makes u feel safe, imagine if she betrays u right there, after u feel amaan, u feel trust and safety in her hands, but imagine if she actually does something else…like cuts ur leg off or something. That’s what it feels like. And that’s why I find it hard to get closer to allah, because no matter how desperate I am, and how hard I beat myself up and how sincere I make myself, everything just gets worse. That makes it harder. That makes me give up. And I don’t give up easily but it actually stoops me down to that level.
That sihr part of your post is very very helpful. Do you have a link of the ayat alkursi and surat al baqarah? I’ve tried getting it off limewire but all the ones I get from there need to be beat down by Malwarebytes, so they don’t work. Thank you so much alpha. Btw, do u know if the surah’s and stuff that you said can actually help push away sihr from the home even after it’s been here for two decades? Or is it just to avoid sihr from entering? I will try to put the surah’s and on my mp3 and force myself to play them instead of the music. I feel like a weights been lifted off my heart already lol. Thank u so much bro. really. U’ve always had the best advice. Bless ya XD

format_quote Originally Posted by nightstar
is this truemuslim, if it is we missed you and your poems

try not to bang ur head against the table, but yea it’s me. I just came for advice and I’ll leave quickly before anyone turns insane. btw my poems sucked =p I laugh at what I used to write now. I like what I have now. Three more notebooks have filled up… oh yeeaaa. XD

format_quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Lady
format_quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Lady

LOL

She's back huh? Where ya been hidin, still teh same eh? :p..

Was hiding in my cute little pink musical world. Missed ya sis. Good to know ur all well. And yea I’m the same, and much worse. But hey my grades have gotten up lol. I’ve gone from a straight F student to an honor student in the national honor society. I wish my faith could take that jump too.
XD I’m surprised u haven’t changed ur name yet, realizing I’M the insane one, you still have ur name Crazy lady. XD

I’m desperate for change. I think it’s kinda crazy but i’ve actually asked allah to let me die on this certain day…may 13..and even though he probably won’t really do that, I feel like it really would happen. So it’s like I set a goal deadline and I have to fix myself before that. I did this wayyy back on new years so I’ve had lots of time, but I still am struggling to change. Which is why I’ve blown up.

I also was wondering about playing the lottery. Ok so I go to the store and see this cute instant lotto machine, so I get a ticket and win $200, I give every single penny of that to poor people ($100 – to charity, other $100 – aunties in yemen who’ve gone broke…) but someone tells me after I’ve bought it and won, “dude! U’ve got luck! Too bad it’s haram. U should stop playin” im like…..??? now u tell me??? Like seriously? And they were there too watching me buy and send so… so anyway. Is it really haram if I’m saving a bunch of people from starving to death??? Just because of the way that I got the money? PERSONALY I think that if I win money, and people are being saved from starvation from that very money that I won, and I’m not taking even a single penny for myself, then that isn’t haram. Besides if I didn’t get the money, somebody else would have, and they probably wouldn’t have sent anything to poor people, they probably would’ve used the $200 to buy a freakin x360. I know a bunch of people who’ve won around that much and lower sometimes higher in lotto’s and they don’t send it to poor people, they buy ipods and games for their wii and stuff. And even if I don’t send the money to poor people around the WORLD, I would use it to feed my family. I think that wouldn’t be haram either. U know how hard it is to find a job today in ohio?? (answer: very hard) my dad’s retired and my brothers can’t find jobs, nobody else works and we have 11 ppl in this house! So if we play and win lotto and use the money to save ourselves and/or other people, how the hell is that haram? Please enlighten me =)

NOTE: I don’t want it to seem like I’m just complaining, because I don’t complain. It’s just that I can’t trust anybody, which includes the people I’ve trusted all my life who have finally showed me their real face now. So I come in here where nobody knows who I am and see if there’s a willing helping hand out their in the dark crowd. It’s clear there is more than one though. I love u guys XD

ANOTHER NOTE: I’m not really crazy, I think I’ve actually got half my mind to realize I’m DOING haram. That’s gotta count for something right? I rant a lot and I talk a lot when I’m stressed and feel like I’m on the verge of bursting out to tiny little pieces like poor little Hiroshima. So please forgive my sane insanity. (lol I think this note just made u think I’m more insane that u already thought =p forgive me) XDDD

Soulja Girl
04-20-2010, 07:57 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
may 13
^Why on ma dad's birfday for eh? Can't ya pick anova day? =( Kiddin :p.. Am bein way off topic buh meh.. :><: & sorreh, I ent good @ givin advice.. :-[

Alpha Dude
04-20-2010, 09:18 PM
yet it feels like he’s up there laughing at me. Knowing where I’m already going he’s probably not trying to help me because he already knows that when I’m __ years old I will die by a ____ and go to hell. so there’s no hope. But I keep trying and I keep fighting and u guys say the battles never over until I die so I keep going and I’ve never stopped. I never feel better.
Sister, it is important that when you think of Allah, you imagine a benevolent and Merciful being that will most definitely answer you when you ask him.* You have to have conviction and certainty that your pleas will be heard. You can't think negatively, not even an iota. Force the bad thoughts about Allah out of you. Make dua with full concentration and look at Allah in an extremely positive light.

You shouldn't feel betrayed if things don't go your way. Our entire purpose in this life is to be tested.

Hardships are a necessity as they build our character such that we end up closer to Allah. In my own experience, I don't think I have ever at any other time felt closer to Allah than when I was going through grief. Hardships are a blessing. It is hard to think about it that way initially, but it helps if you also wholeheartedly accept that this world is temporary and that our primary goal is to attain Allah's pleasure alone.

It is good that you have fear of Allah. However, you can't base you deen solely on fear. Too much fear is not good. Allah is All Merciful and All Compassionate. He cares for you and has more mercy for you than that a mother has for her children. So try to see him in a more pleasant light.

We should have a balance of hope and fear. Not too much fear that we feel doomed all the time and not too much hope that we end up doing sin after sin thinking that Allah will forgive us in the end. Just stay in between these two states.

* With his wisdom, something you ask might be withheld for you to be given at a later date, or substituted with something better or even the reward for the dua to be kept in store for Jannah. Realise that you are a slave and Allah is acting in your ultimate best interest if what you ask isn't given. So submit to his wisdom and resign yourself into his hands and let him do as he wills.

That sihr part of your post is very very helpful. Do you have a link of the ayat alkursi and surat al baqarah? I’ve tried getting it off limewire but all the ones I get from there need to be beat down by Malwarebytes, so they don’t work. Thank you so much alpha. Btw, do u know if the surah’s and stuff that you said can actually help push away sihr from the home even after it’s been here for two decades? Or is it just to avoid sihr from entering? I will try to put the surah’s and on my mp3 and force myself to play them instead of the music. I feel like a weights been lifted off my heart already lol. Thank u so much bro. really. U’ve always had the best advice. Bless ya XD
Ayatul Kursi.
Surah Baqarah (by Mishary Rashid :D). It's a large file (116 MB) InshaAllah the DL works.

What I advised in the previous post should protect from any sihr being applied and also cure InshaAllah. Keep hope and believe that the recitation and prayer will help and InshaAllah they will. However, remember to keep patience and submit to Allah's will and not let things get you down if they don't work out. There is always a higher wisdom at play.

anonymous
04-21-2010, 06:15 PM
Yay! Thank youu sooo much! The downloads both worked fine and they’re on my mp3 player now.
I just have one more question, Alpha, do you have any idea whether or not it’s okay to listen to those surah’s in just my ears and still have the same effect? I was going to wait till I’m home alone then play both those surah’s so the whole house can become pure, even if only one person is in it, but I don’t wanna wait till whenever that is so I was wondering if it would be just as effective if I play them to just my ears (headphones) with everyone in the house? Or does the person have to hear it directly? Because he’s deaf anyway but do they have to be in the same room and hear (deafly) the surah’s playing out loud? I don’t really think I would want to play it out to the whole house with everyone in it because my brother’s are gonna play music at the same time and I know that’s haram. And no, they won’t listen if I told them to turn it off (please). Wow lol sorry for my terrible-get-to-the-point-question.
If u don’t know the answer it’s okay but u seem to know everything XD jazakallah khair bro…wow it feels like forever since I said that.
Thanks so much u have no idea how grateful I am for ur advice. Now I gotta go be grateful to allah. You’ve made great points in your post, sometimes I just forget it’s all a test because I give in to this stuff too easily. I’ll keep everyone I think of allah positive inshallah as you said, even if the worst splashes on me.

And miss crazii its okay u commenting/remembering is advice enough lol XD

Bless u guys/gurls all for all ur help. Don’t get no hopes up I’ll probably be back in like three, four years with either good or bad news. I have a feeling it’s good J
Paix dehors ppls.

Alpha Dude
04-21-2010, 11:00 PM

Allah knows best, but if you played it in the house it would keep the house itself free from bad jinns InshaAllah. If you listened in your headphones, it would benefit you personally I would say. You could just do both I guess. Play it once on your computer relatively loud and then once with headphones on in your MP3 player.

Lol, listening to the same reciter over and over might get a bit repetative so look for other versions of the same Surah.

Also, I would say primarily it is more important and would be more effective if you prayed the surah yourself. Since it's a long surah, split it up into 3 and pray a third each day so that within 3 days you've recited it one full time. If you can't do that, recite as much of it as possible.

//-Asif-\\
04-22-2010, 03:38 AM
Assalaam Alaikum

Whoa sister. You sure can write a handful. Your posts seem like a teenager on the phone with her best friend haha. I can almost hear you speak the words you type. Now I know the Ipod seems like the greatest invention on the planet earth but it would be nice to use it for something of more Islamic benefit. Maybe you can jam some nasheed or some Native Deen, I mean if you're going to be jamming, you might as well jam to something that actually has a positive message and has the potential to bring your iman up.

When it comes to your addiction (best word I can come up with at the time) to music and your Ipod that's something that a majority of the young world can't get enough of. Music is their life and means of escape. It has the tendency to do that, to make yourself get sucked into the rhythm, the beat, the words and all of that. Now you shouldn't beat yourself up with the "I'm going to Hell, I'm going to Hell" stuff. But the keyword to keep in mind is moderation. Chocolate is good. A lot of people LOOOVE chocolate, but too much would be bad, you'd get a sugar rush, all those calories hehe. So a chocolate bar from time to time is okay. Video games are something guys love. I love video games, sometimes I tend to go for hours playing them. Too much video games though is a bad thing. You can miss prayers, you aren't productive and you get distracted from more important things, like gaining Islamic knowledge and whatnot. Basically too much of anything is a bad thing but if you balance things out, it'll be better for you in the long run.

My wife was just like you. She is a new Muslim, not even a year and a half yet. And she had (correction, she still has) a pink Ipod with THOUSANDS of songs. She'd go on song downloading sprees and all that. She read up Islamic articles about music and it's evils and tendancies to take you away from remembrance of Allah (SWT) and she thought she would NEVER be able to stop listening to music or be able to cut it down even though she knew that it was bad. But when Ramadan came around and of course you gotta shut down all of the fun stuff (video games, TV, Music etc.) and focus on Allah(SWT) and reading the Qur'an etc. She did that. She put the Ipod down and started reading and listening to surahs and gaining Islamic knowledge. She read more and listened to Music less. After Ramadan was over she was able to go days without listening to music and it for the first time in her life didn't bother her. There wasnt a craving. Sure she listens to music from time to time but it doesn't CONSUME her life.

So what you gotta do is create a balance. You gotta force yourself to put that IPod on the shelf. Wrap up them headphones and slip it into your drawer and read. Read the Qur'an, the Hadiths, watch videos like the Deen Show from scholars like Bilal Philips, Yusuf Estes, Khalid Yasin. When you immerse yourself in Islam more you'll feel the need to listen to music less. It won't bother you that you ain't blasting those tunes. Replace those tunes with Islamic artists like Native Deen, Zain Bhikha etc that motivate you to remember your Rabb and engage yourself in seeking more and more Islamic knowledge.

Hope that helped.

Salaams.

aadil77
04-22-2010, 08:27 AM
Go to www.quranicaudio.com find yourself a recitor that you really like, then download his whole quran recitation onto your ipod, it has to be somethin that flows and sticks in your head - a good alternative to your beats

after I discovered the recitation of Sheikh Mahir Al Muaiqly I gave up on music

oh yh and watch this vid by napoleon - he gave up his whole music career after he became muslim

anonymous
04-22-2010, 03:59 PM

Allah knows best, but if you played it in the house it would keep the house itself free from bad jinns InshaAllah. If you listened in your headphones, it would benefit you personally I would say. You could just do both I guess. Play it once on your computer relatively loud and then once with headphones on in your MP3 player.

Lol, listening to the same reciter over and over might get a bit repetative so look for other versions of the same Surah.

Also, I would say primarily it is more important and would be more effective if you prayed the surah yourself. Since it's a long surah, split it up into 3 and pray a third each day so that within 3 days you've recited it one full time. If you can't do that, recite as much of it as possible.
Oh.. yea thats a good idea. i actually listened to the ayat al kursi over and over and over a gain yesterday after i downloaded it (and was only tempted to play taylor swift ONCE! WhoO!) and i pretty much memorize it now so i can recite that myself. yay! I'll need to find an english written version of surah al baqarah becasue my arabic sucks. it'll be like "A,....all.....alafl..alaflam... yea i give up" XD
thnx bro :))

format_quote Originally Posted by //-Asif-\\
Assalaam Alaikum
format_quote Originally Posted by //-Asif-\\

Whoa sister. You sure can write a handful. Your posts seem like a teenager on the phone with her best friend haha. I can almost hear you speak the words you type. Now I know the Ipod seems like the greatest invention on the planet earth but it would be nice to use it for something of more Islamic benefit. Maybe you can jam some nasheed or some Native Deen, I mean if you're going to be jamming, you might as well jam to something that actually has a positive message and has the potential to bring your iman up.

When it comes to your addiction (best word I can come up with at the time) to music and your Ipod that's something that a majority of the young world can't get enough of. Music is their life and means of escape. It has the tendency to do that, to make yourself get sucked into the rhythm, the beat, the words and all of that. Now you shouldn't beat yourself up with the "I'm going to Hell, I'm going to Hell" stuff. But the keyword to keep in mind is moderation. Chocolate is good. A lot of people LOOOVE chocolate, but too much would be bad, you'd get a sugar rush, all those calories hehe. So a chocolate bar from time to time is okay. Video games are something guys love. I love video games, sometimes I tend to go for hours playing them. Too much video games though is a bad thing. You can miss prayers, you aren't productive and you get distracted from more important things, like gaining Islamic knowledge and whatnot. Basically too much of anything is a bad thing but if you balance things out, it'll be better for you in the long run.

My wife was just like you. She is a new Muslim, not even a year and a half yet. And she had (correction, she still has) a pink Ipod with THOUSANDS of songs. She'd go on song downloading sprees and all that. She read up Islamic articles about music and it's evils and tendancies to take you away from remembrance of Allah (SWT) and she thought she would NEVER be able to stop listening to music or be able to cut it down even though she knew that it was bad. But when Ramadan came around and of course you gotta shut down all of the fun stuff (video games, TV, Music etc.) and focus on Allah(SWT) and reading the Qur'an etc. She did that. She put the Ipod down and started reading and listening to surahs and gaining Islamic knowledge. She read more and listened to Music less. After Ramadan was over she was able to go days without listening to music and it for the first time in her life didn't bother her. There wasnt a craving. Sure she listens to music from time to time but it doesn't CONSUME her life.

So what you gotta do is create a balance. You gotta force yourself to put that IPod on the shelf. Wrap up them headphones and slip it into your drawer and read. Read the Qur'an, the Hadiths, watch videos like the Deen Show from scholars like Bilal Philips, Yusuf Estes, Khalid Yasin. When you immerse yourself in Islam more you'll feel the need to listen to music less. It won't bother you that you ain't blasting those tunes. Replace those tunes with Islamic artists like Native Deen, Zain Bhikha etc that motivate you to remember your Rabb and engage yourself in seeking more and more Islamic knowledge.

Hope that helped.

Salaams.
Lol. U should read my essays (AND I always get A’s on em even though they drive my teachers crazy) and correction: The ipod is the worst invention in the world. I have a zune thingy, ipod sucks. It’s only popular cause the apple company is popular but the material they made it with really really sucks. K on topic now (I used to be known on this forum for going off topic…always XD)
Yea I get what your sayin but the thing is…ok well I hate people. I hate listening to everyone who talks to me because everything they say is always like..making fun of me or insulting me or telling me to do stuff or something. They’d like talk about me in their conversations and if I really want to resist killing one of them no matter how much I love them, I have to go to MY world. I close my eyes and evanescence starts playing. Flowers bloom and rainbows come and everyone is GONE. It’s just me, just me, no them, no insults, no commands, and murderous feelings. Lol ok im not really murderous but yea u get what I mean, like when ur teacher makes u write take an exam RIGHT after u turn in a 5 page essay (no double space!) and u feel like jumping up in ur seat like Jasper Cullen and twist the dudes tie over his neck till he dies. But u can’t really do that, because u’ll get expelled. And not graduate. And that would really suck. Same with my situation. I can’t kill em, and even if I could I’d feel very bad about it because these are ppl I really love. Lol it sounds like I need therapy or something I know but trust me I’m the sane one in this place. So to the point – I’m not killing or planning on killing anyone. Ok there. So anyway. Before I got my mp3 I’d used to just go and cry myself to my world, but it wasn’t good cause someone coulda walked in and what would I say? “u pissed me off!” ?
Lol, “song downloading sprees” haha that’s what I call mine, too. Ur wife sounds like a really great muslim, that’s not what I am. In Ramadan I can’t even stop listening then. Even when I know I HAVE to, I still don’t. I do feel more guilty in Ramadan than I usually do, and sometimes I actually turn it off (the holy off button!*gasp*.) when I used to be on this forum, I remember I only listened to tupac and nas and them rap ppl, but even that I had stopped it and started with outlandish and native deen, then I went to just native deen, then native deen and abu ali (haven’t listened to him in FOREVER.) a few monthes after I left though, I actually discovered this girl with cute blonde hair and a pretty voice that is actually VERY popular around me but I had never heard of her before in my LIFE; taylor swift. I got addicted to her songs then, which I LOVE because shes the best! Then I discovered other country singers and started like country songs instead of the rap I used to like. Then I somehow moved to rock and country, then rock and country and (are u ready? Yea I stooped down to this level) Emo songs…i’m now addictd to emo songs and rock songs (not the ones where they scream their lungs off) and everything taylor swift and carrie underwood. I still can’t believe that only a couple of years ago I had no idea taylor swift and death cab for cutie existed! I know the world has ended when I have a lady gaga or kiesha song on my ipod. I haven’t stooped THAT low, I’m not at the bottom (yet); good to know :)
I hate to admit it but I really can’t stand them talking ppl. I can’t stand watching a video with someone TALKING in it. Like, they can show me how to hotwire a car and talk but they can’t just sit in the chair and TALK the wholllle time! That’s why I don’t watch them Islamic lecture dudes. Maybe if they were to rap or sing everthing that they were saying I’d totally be hooked lol. They be like “Yo, music ain’t right, follow da light. Put down the ipod and get on with my God. It’ll increase yo faith and all sins erase….bla bla bla…” XD k maybe not a good idea.
Thanks for ur advice, I’ll pretend that next month is Ramadan, it’ll give me time to prepare. A new goal has been set :) wOOt.

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
Go to www.quranicaudio.com find yourself a recitor that you really like, then download his whole quran recitation onto your ipod, it has to be somethin that flows and sticks in your head - a good alternative to your beats

after I discovered the recitation of Sheikh Mahir Al Muaiqly I gave up on music

oh yh and watch this vid by napoleon - he gave up his whole music career after he became muslim

oh thanks for the link! That’s what I needed! It won’t/can’t replace the music I listen to because it can’t completely drown out the things I want to drown out, but at least it comes with a “guilt-free guarantee”! Thanks!
Idk who that is btw, the only napoleon I know of died in the 1820’s...and was french…XD
Thanks so much anyway for everything =))

aadil77
04-22-2010, 05:36 PM
Idk who that is btw, the only napoleon I know of died in the 1820’s...and was french…XD
Thanks so much anyway for everything =))
watch that vid and you'll find out who he is, he was one of tupac's boys

loads of rappers have become muslim, if they can give up on music - anyone can

anonymous
04-23-2010, 05:29 PM
watch that vid and you'll find out who he is, he was one of tupac's boys

loads of rappers have become muslim, if they can give up on music - anyone can
ohh from the outlawz? oh k gotcha, i only knew about tupac and the yaki kadafi dude or whatever his name is.
yeh i guess ur right, inshallah i can have the strength allah gave them =) thanks bro.

oh btw does anyone know the answer to my lotto question? i really want it answer before i leave.

I also was wondering about playing the lottery. Ok so I go to the store and see this cute instant lotto machine, so I get a ticket and win $200, I give every single penny of that to poor people ($100 – to charity, other $100 – aunties in yemen who’ve gone broke…) but someone tells me after I’ve bought it and won, “dude! U’ve got luck! Too bad it’s haram. U should stop playin” im like…..??? now u tell me??? Like seriously? And they were there too watching me buy and send so… so anyway. Is it really haram if I’m saving a bunch of people from starving to death??? Just because of the way that I got the money? PERSONALY I think that if I win money, and people are being saved from starvation from that very money that I won, and I’m not taking even a single penny for myself, then that isn’t haram. Besides if I didn’t get the money, somebody else would have, and they probably wouldn’t have sent anything to poor people, they probably would’ve used the $200 to buy a freakin x360. I know a bunch of people who’ve won around that much and lower sometimes higher in lotto’s and they don’t send it to poor people, they buy ipods and games for their wii and stuff. And even if I don’t send the money to poor people around the WORLD, I would use it to feed my family. I think that wouldn’t be haram either. U know how hard it is to find a job today in ohio?? (answer: very hard) my dad’s retired and my brothers can’t find jobs, nobody else works and we have 11 ppl in this house! So if we play and win lotto and use the money to save ourselves and/or other people, how the hell is that haram? Please enlighten me =)
If yu ppls dont kno the answer sokay jus say so cause i can't stick round forever. Thnx, you guys r awesom and this forum is awesomly uber XD

aadil77
04-23-2010, 05:53 PM
ohh from the outlawz? oh k gotcha, i only knew about tupac and the yaki kadafi dude or whatever his name is.
yeh i guess ur right, inshallah i can have the strength allah gave them =) thanks bro.

oh btw does anyone know the answer to my lotto question? i really want it answer before i leave.

If yu ppls dont kno the answer sokay jus say so cause i can't stick round forever. Thnx, you guys r awesom and this forum is awesomly uber XD
Lol if you know you can't play the lottery in the first place then whats there to ask?

cause if we were allowed to play for that reason, I'd go to casinos, buy the lottery and bet on stuff all day just so I could give money to charity

anonymous
04-23-2010, 06:11 PM
i was askin if i can play and give money to save ppls from starving =p
that sucks cause it doesn't seem like theres anything wrong with that, spend $1 and get $199, then send to ppl. i mean u can feed a whole family with $5 so just imagine what that would do. I was thinkin if ur playing it like them rich ppl who put in $20 and get nothing, like…gambling addiction, then it would be haram, especially if ur just gonna use the money u win to get ur own stuff that u don’t need. But if ur spending a a dollar or two AND sending it so people can have dinner on their tables…or floors… then why would that be wrong?

Cabdullahi
04-23-2010, 06:16 PM
sister true, drop some lines for us!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!