/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 1st birthday

Lonely Gal
04-17-2010, 06:24 AM
hey all,,
just wondering my niece has turned one and I wanted to get her something based around islam and learning of it.. any ideas what i could get her?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Lonely Gal
04-17-2010, 06:31 AM
would Arabic Alphabet Wooden Blocks be wrong because the baby wud be sittin on the floor and then these arabic letters also on the floor.. wud that be Gunaah?

glo
04-17-2010, 06:35 AM
Wooden blocks are about right for that age.

Lonely Gal
04-17-2010, 06:37 AM
is it ok to have them on the floor tho?
what about arabic alphabet book?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
04-17-2010, 06:44 AM
From an Islamic perspective?
I can't help you there. I was purely thinking from a child development perspective.

I hope somebody else can answer your question. :)

CosmicPathos
04-17-2010, 07:22 AM
I dont think there is anything with arabic alphabets being on the floor?

ardianto
04-17-2010, 07:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lonely Gal
would Arabic Alphabet Wooden Blocks be wrong because the baby wud be sittin on the floor and then these arabic letters also on the floor.. wud that be Gunaah?
Al Qur'an that written in Arabic is a holly book. But Arabic alphabet itself is not sacred, not different than Latin alphabet.

ardianto
04-17-2010, 07:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
From an Islamic perspective?
I can't help you there. I was purely thinking from a child development perspective.

I hope somebody else can answer your question. :)
I have no idea too, and I was purely thinking from a child development perspective too.
:D

But I think for 1 year old child, educative toy is good.
Here some example : www.rumahmainan.com/produk_umur.php?umur=1

tango92
04-17-2010, 11:36 AM
a colouring book! i used to love those

ardianto
04-17-2010, 02:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
a colouring book! i used to love those
Give it in her next birthday. From some information I found coloring book is recommended for 2 years old child.

For 1 year old child, it's better a toy for train her motor nerve.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!