/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is ajinomoto halal??

Periwinkle18
04-17-2010, 08:13 AM
:sl:

i don't know where to post this buh im posting it here is ajinomoto/chinese salt halal can we use it while we're cooking??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
04-17-2010, 09:25 AM
In year 2000, Indonesian Ulama council (MUI) found there was an enzyme from pig that used by ajinomoto in production process, although this enzyme didn't mixed in ajinomoto MSG itself. Then MUI issued fatwa haram for ajinomto.

Ajinomoto has confessed their mistake, and change that enzyme with a stuff from soy beans. Now Ajinomoto has halal certificate from MUI.

However, this is only for ajinomoto that produced in Indonesia. I don't know about ajinomoto in other countries.

Periwinkle18
04-20-2010, 03:20 PM
are u sure its halal?? how am i gonna tell my mum she says shes gng to throw all the ajinomoto sumone told her its not halal do av the fatwa in written tht its halal again??

ardianto
04-20-2010, 04:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
are u sure its halal?? how am i gonna tell my mum she says shes gng to throw all the ajinomoto sumone told her its not halal do av the fatwa in written tht its halal again??
Read again my post. I mean, Ajinomoto that has halal certificate (from Indonesian Ulama Council) is Ajinomoto that produced in Indonesia. I didn't say Ajinomoto that produced in other countries is halal.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
04-20-2010, 04:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
who told your mum that ajinomoto is haram?
That person must be working for the competitor of ajinomoto.
Ask that person why ajinomoto is haram, do not blindly do everything anyone tells you to do when there is no reason/proof.

Ajinomoto is a brand name of the oldest and biggest producer of commercial MSG (monosodium glutamate). It is made from the fermentation of mostly sugar cane or starch.
There is nothing in the process that requires haram stuff.
If ajinomoto is haram, you might as well stop consuming almost every single processed food, because MSG is flavour enhancer and is used in most processed food.

Periwinkle18
04-23-2010, 11:39 AM
JazakAllah :) i duno who told her but they told her enzyme thinng.

syilla
04-29-2010, 08:44 AM
i have friend who works in ajinomoto factory ...and he said its halaal...

i've heard alot of things about ajinomoto...it made from frog skin and etc...lol.

btw i thought ajinomoto is from japan/korean.

ardianto
04-29-2010, 02:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
i have friend who works in ajinomoto factory ...and he said its halaal...

Ajinomoto in Malaysia has halal label.

i've heard alot of things about ajinomoto...it made from frog skin and etc...lol.
Of course not.
btw i thought ajinomoto is from japan/korean.
Japan.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!