PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Albania



EllyDicious
04-17-2010, 01:08 PM
Hi, :statisfie

My name is Elida but you can call me Elly. I am from Albania, 23 y.o, Law student.
My hobbies are singing; photography; computers.

About my religion orientation, I come from a Muslim family, but myself I'm not a real Muslim.
I believe in God but I don't think He has any religion and I wonder if He likes the fact that people have religions and also kill themselves for religious issues. :hmm:

I think God will love your if you're a good human being, no matter if you're Christian/Jewish/Muslim etc. as well as even if you don't have any religion at all.

I'm here because God / religious discussion has always been attractive to me.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
PouringRain
04-17-2010, 02:57 PM
Welcome to the forum. :)
Reply

Misz_Muslimah
04-17-2010, 03:00 PM
Welcome to the forum Elly! :)
Reply

glo
04-17-2010, 06:52 PM
Welcome to the forum, Elly. :welcome:

It is indeed heart-breaking to watch followers of the same loving, forgiving and merciful God hating, attacking and killing each other ...
No wonder people lose faith in religion! :hmm:

I look forward to reading more from you.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
غزالی
04-17-2010, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by EllyDicious
Hi, :statisfie

My name is Elida but you can call me Elly. I am from Albania, 23 y.o, Law student.
My hobbies are singing; photography; computers.

About my religion orientation, I come from a Muslim family, but myself I'm not a real Muslim.
I believe in God but I don't think He has any religion and I wonder if He likes the fact that people have religions and also kill themselves for religious issues. :hmm:

I think God will love your if you're a good human being, no matter if you're Christian/Jewish/Muslim etc. as well as even if you don't have any religion at all.

I'm here because God / religious discussion has always been attractive to me.
Welcome to the islamicboard forum family Elly!

You are true in saying God love everyone & we admit there is some extremism in some religion people but we can't fit this to all. what are the rule for religion from Allah, what is the need of religion and why single religion ? these are serious question and required detail. i hope you will found answer to this question through continue viewing the forum with intention of seeking knowledge. Insha Allah (by God Will).
Good Luck.
Reply

CosmicPathos
04-17-2010, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by EllyDicious
Hi, :statisfie

My name is Elida but you can call me Elly. I am from Albania, 23 y.o, Law student.
My hobbies are singing; photography; computers.

About my religion orientation, I come from a Muslim family, but myself I'm not a real Muslim.
I believe in God but I don't think He has any religion and I wonder if He likes the fact that people have religions and also kill themselves for religious issues. :hmm:

I think God will love your if you're a good human being, no matter if you're Christian/Jewish/Muslim etc. as well as even if you don't have any religion at all.

I'm here because God / religious discussion has always been attractive to me.
Hi,

I hope you get to learn from here.

Regarding your views, can you give any evidence in regards to why you think God will love any good human? I would love to believe you but I need evidence to believe in what you are saying.

I hope your stay is beneficial and learn Truth from here.
Reply

EllyDicious
04-17-2010, 10:23 PM
Thank You for the welcome everyone! :-)

Originally Posted by mad_scientist
can you give any evidence in regards to why you think God will love any good human? I would love to believe you but I need evidence to believe in what you are saying.
.
Can you give any evidence in regards to why you think God will love any religious person? [I guess that's what you think since you don't believe that God loves any good human].
I guess you'd say that your evidence is Q'uran or any other holy book?
We all know those books are man-made and no one / nothing can assure us that what's written there is 100% true.

Even Bin Laden believes in God and refers to Him as "Allah". He claims to be religious while he's the most sinful man on earth for causing terrorism.

What is the point in killing people just because they don't share the same religion? I don't think God would like this.

That's why I wonder what's the point of religion, at all. You can be religious, yet you kill people, judge those who don't share the same religion, speak in the name of God as you'd know what He truly thinks ... etc.


God is just one, and if you're a good human, if you respect yourself and everyone around you, if you love life and people, if you know how to behave, if you sacrifice for your family and friends, if you are helpful to the others, if you are honest and loyal, if you are generous and have a great heart, if you are open minded, frank and sincere , if you love God and believe in Him .......then what is the point in being religious / choosing a religion??
That's why I think God loves any good human, no matter what religion they choose.

Do you seriously think that God loves only Muslims??
There can people great Christian people around the world and you think God loves them less?
I don't think so.
Reply

Beardo
04-18-2010, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by EllyDicious
Hi, :statisfie

My name is Elida but you can call me Elly. I am from Albania, 23 y.o, Law student.
My hobbies are singing; photography; computers.

About my religion orientation, I come from a Muslim family, but myself I'm not a real Muslim.
I believe in God but I don't think He has any religion and I wonder if He likes the fact that people have religions and also kill themselves for religious issues. :hmm:

I think God will love your if you're a good human being, no matter if you're Christian/Jewish/Muslim etc. as well as even if you don't have any religion at all.

I'm here because God / religious discussion has always been attractive to me.
Law Student! Sounds like you're a smart person. Welcome to the forums.

By the way, do you know, by any chance, if Albania the name has anything to do with Albino? They sound so similar, I wondered if they were some how historically or scientifically linked.
Reply

EllyDicious
04-18-2010, 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by Rashad

By the way, do you know, by any chance, if Albania the name has anything to do with Albino? They sound so similar, I wondered if they were some how historically or scientifically linked.
Hi, :)
Albino is a comune in the province of Bergamo, in Lombardy, northern Italy. It is located north of Bergamo so it's not related to Albania.
Reply

EllyDicious
04-18-2010, 12:17 AM
SOrry, double post. isn't there an option to edit the post?
Reply

Beardo
04-18-2010, 12:58 AM
Originally Posted by EllyDicious
SOrry, double post. isn't there an option to edit the post?
Not until you reach 50 posts, wherein you'll become a "Full Member" and receive that green bolded username. :)
Reply

CosmicPathos
04-18-2010, 01:37 AM
Originally Posted by EllyDicious
Thank You for the welcome everyone! :-)



Can you give any evidence in regards to why you think God will love any religious person? [I guess that's what you think since you don't believe that God loves any good human].
I guess you'd say that your evidence is Q'uran or any other holy book?
We all know those books are man-made and no one / nothing can assure us that what's written there is 100% true.

Even Bin Laden believes in God and refers to Him as "Allah". He claims to be religious while he's the most sinful man on earth for causing terrorism.

What is the point in killing people just because they don't share the same religion? I don't think God would like this.

That's why I wonder what's the point of religion, at all. You can be religious, yet you kill people, judge those who don't share the same religion, speak in the name of God as you'd know what He truly thinks ... etc.


God is just one, and if you're a good human, if you respect yourself and everyone around you, if you love life and people, if you know how to behave, if you sacrifice for your family and friends, if you are helpful to the others, if you are honest and loyal, if you are generous and have a great heart, if you are open minded, frank and sincere , if you love God and believe in Him .......then what is the point in being religious / choosing a religion??
That's why I think God loves any good human, no matter what religion they choose.

Do you seriously think that God loves only Muslims??
There can people great Christian people around the world and you think God loves them less?
I don't think so.
Well you have brought many points. Lets look at them one by one.

"Can you give any evidence in regards to why you think God will love any religious person? [I guess that's what you think since you don't believe that God loves any good human].
I guess you'd say that your evidence is Q'uran or any other holy book?
We all know those books are man-made and no one / nothing can assure us that what's written there is 100% true."


Speak for yourself. I know that Quran is not man-made. If you think so then create a book which single handedly takes a language, Albanian in this case perhaps, to the heights of literary perfection never attained before in history by any grammarian or linguist of the language of your choice, while being illiterate and with no resources to edit your work.



"Even Bin Laden believes in God and refers to Him as "Allah". He claims to be religious while he's the most sinful man on earth for causing terrorism."


Who gave you the right to judge someone (Bin Laden in this case) sinful and someone else pious? Are you pious just because you dont kill other humans? Are you the one playing God now?



"God is just one, and if you're a good human, if you respect yourself and everyone around you, if you love life and people, if you know how to behave, if you sacrifice for your family and friends, if you are helpful to the others, if you are honest and loyal, if you are generous and have a great heart, if you are open minded, frank and sincere , if you love God and believe in Him .......then what is the point in being religious / choosing a religion??
That's why I think God loves any good human, no matter what religion they choose."


All those characteristics, which you have mentioned, they are meaningless to me. They are not objective. They are just those characteristics which perhaps you like, why should I value those things which you like? Hence, those characteristics (the bolded part) are not necessarily good at a universal scale. So are you saying that a person who follows what you think is good, is a good person? What if a human thinks that lying is good, do you think he is a bad person? Why would you think so? Are you playing God again?


"Do you seriously think that God loves only Muslims??
There can people great Christian people around the world and you think God loves them less?
I don't think so."


I could not care more what you think and what you dont think. Islamic God (Allah) loves those humans who follow His command and love Him.

Hope you get to learn more form these forums.
Reply

EllyDicious
04-18-2010, 08:14 AM
Originally Posted by mad_scientist
Speak for yourself. I know that Quran is not man-made. If you think so then create a book which single handedly takes a language, Albanian in this case perhaps, to the heights of literary perfection never attained before in history by any grammarian or linguist of the language of your choice, while being illiterate and with no resources to edit your work.
How do you know Quran is not man-made? You just guess it or that's what YOU LIKE/have been taught to think.
You don't have anything to prove that Q'uran is not man-made. You just believe what's written there [consciously or unconsciously].

who gave you the right to judge someone (Bin Laden in this case) sinful and someone else pious? Are you pious just because you dont kill other humans? Are you the one playing God now?
I'm sure YOU KNOW he's not a righteous man. I'm sure even Q'uran doesn't support what he's done.
And if Q'uran supported it, would you think what he did was right?

I'm not playing God and don't want to.
Don't tell me you haven't judged anyone in your life. I'm sure you've been trying to play God too. It's part of the human nature.


All those characteristics, which you have mentioned, they are meaningless to me. They are not objective. They are just those characteristics which perhaps you like, why should I value those things which you like? Hence, those characteristics (the bolded part) are not necessarily good at a universal scale. So are you saying that a person who follows what you think is good, is a good person? What if a human thinks that lying is good, do you think he is a bad person? Why would you think so? Are you playing God again?
And you think a person who follows Q'uran and Islamic God is a good person?
No human thinks that lying is good and we all know that. Just because they lie, doesn't mean it's good[and they know it], but still they do it.
Humanity/Society have shown through all these ages that nothing good comes out of lying.
Neither does Q'uran support it.

What is a good person to you, mad_scientist?
Also, why you think that humans described as 'good'/bad in Q'uran are good/bad persons?? Why does Q'uran have the right to decide what's right or wrong?
I'm sure you have no logical answer for these questions.

I could not care more what you think and what you dont think. Islamic God (Allah) loves those humans who follow His command and love Him.
It's funny though how you say "Islamic God". You make is sound like there are 5-6 types of Gods.
While I think God [not necessarily Islamic] loves any human, even those who may not follow him. I guess he loves even the atheists.

Also, how do you know God is Islamic and that he loves all the humans who follow him? Because Q'uran says so?
Again, you don't have anything to prove any of these, but I'd be curious if you answered to the questions asked in this post.

Hope you get to learn more form these forums.
Sure, I will.
Reply

Asiyah3
04-18-2010, 08:52 AM
Welcome Elida :) Hope you'll learn lots here insha'llah. :)

I believe in God but I don't think He has any religion
Do you believe in paradise and hell? If so, why do you think He then created us if there is no religion?

Allaah has created man in a world of temptation, trials, and risks. What kind of God is that who would create his beings and then abandon them without granting them guidance, without showing them the right path not caring about what happens to them?
and I wonder if He likes the fact that people have religions and also kill themselves for religious issues. :hmm:
Killing themselves is strictly prohibited. Don't blame the law, blame the people who break the law.

I think God will love your if you're a good human being, no matter if you're Christian/Jewish/Muslim etc. as well as even if you don't have any religion at all.
What makes you a good human? Rejecting, being ungrateful and denying your Creator's existance? The One Who heals you when you are sick, the One Who feeds you when you are hungry and gives you drink when you are thirsty.

Can you give any evidence in regards to why you think God will love any religious person? [I guess that's what you think since you don't believe that God loves any good human].
Are you comparing the one who gives thanks to the Provider after something good befalls him or merely after enjoying a spoonful of food or a sup of water and bears calamities and distress patiently seeking Allah's reward or spends the night seeking Allah's pleasure while everybody else is sleeping or the one who fasts bearing hunger and thirst and giving up his food and drink for the sake of the Provider or the one who gives charity to the poor and needy and who glorifies His lord day and night to the one who takes this all for granted and disobeys and denies His Lord's existance?

We all know those books are man-made and no one / nothing can assure us that what's written there is 100% true.
As it has been said to you, talk for yourself only. We muslims all know that those books are revelations from Allah. (I'm might not be so good in explaining, so I copied the below...)

"Man is created and subjugated, and he has to know his Creator and what He wants of him, and why he was created. Man cannot come to know that independently. He has no way of finding that out except through knowing the Prophets and Messengers, and the guidance and light which they brought.

Source: http://islam-qa.com/en/ref/13957/"

Even Bin Laden believes in God and refers to Him as "Allah". He claims to be religious while he's the most sinful man on earth for causing terrorism.
God is the best of Judges. He is the most sinful man on Earth for causing terrorism? That's some statement! Again, don't blame the law, blame the people who break the law.
What is the point in killing people just because they don't share the same religion? I don't think God would like this.
And where has it been claimed otherwise?

Allah Almighty says:

“There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the Right Path has become distinct from the wrong path. Whoever disbelieves in Taaghoot (false gods) and believes in Allaah, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break” [al-Baqarah 2:256]

Allaah has created man and given him reason, and He has sent down to him Revelation and sent to him Messengers to call him to the truth and warn him against falsehood. Then He has left him to make his own choice.

“And say: ‘The truth is from your Lord.’ Then whosoever wills, let him believe; and whosoever wills, let him disbelieve

[al-Kahf 18:29]

May Allah guide you and us.
Reply

Grofica
04-18-2010, 09:23 AM
Welcome Elida!!!

This is a great forum you will love it here!!!!
Reply

Asiyah3
04-18-2010, 10:17 AM
Peace,

You just guess it or that's what YOU LIKE/
Islam has taught us to follow reason and not our own desires and likings.

"37. Or have you a Book through which you learn.

38. That you shall have all that you choose?

39. Or you have oaths from Us, reaching to the Day of Resurrection that yours will be what you judge." [Al-Qalam]

have been taught to think.
My parents rarely kept me lectures or discussed religion with me. I started exploring a while ago after I grew up a bit older. I still have a lot to learn :phew

It's funny though how you say "Islamic God". You make is sound like there are 5-6 types of Gods.
While I think God [not necessarily Islamic] loves any human, even those who may not follow him. I guess he loves even the atheists.
To my undrestanding, he said Islamic God assuming you're not a native Arabic speaker and referring it to the Arabic word Allah.
Also, how do you know God is Islamic and that he loves all the humans who follow him? Because Q'uran says so?
see my previous post.
Reply

EllyDicious
04-18-2010, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by _muslim_
Welcome Elida :) Hope you'll learn lots here insha'llah. :)
Hi _muslim_ :)


Do you believe in paradise and hell? If so, why do you think He then created us if there is no religion?
I'm not sure if I believe in Heave/Hell. In the past I used to believe, now I'm not sure.
Sometimes I think this life is a test. Depending on how you behave here, God decides where you belong in the afterlife.

Allaah has created man in a world of temptation, trials, and risks. What kind of God is that who would create his beings and then abandon them without granting them guidance, without showing them the right path not caring about what happens to them?
It makes sense. :)

Killing themselves is strictly prohibited. Don't blame the law, blame the people who break the law.
True. But I wasn't talking about killing yourself. I was talking about killing the others. But I'm sure Law prohibits that too.
I mention this topic because I've heard many stories about Muslims families who used to kill their daughters because they brought shame in the family by marrying men that parents didn't like.
Some extremely religious people think that sharing Blood is the only solution. That's why religion is dangerous.

What makes you a good human? Rejecting, being ungrateful and denying your Creator's existance? The One Who heals you when you are sick, the One Who feeds you when you are hungry and gives you drink when you are thirsty.
I didn't deny my Creator. Even If I did, but I was good and generous with everyone around me, It wouldn't make me a bad person. Human's personality is not measured only by how much they believe in God. There are other character features that matter.
And if you don't deny your Creator but you kill your daughter because she brought shame at home, does it make you a good human??
Reply

tango92
04-18-2010, 09:00 PM
maybe you should try to look into the proofs of islam, like the miracles of the quran etc. the quran is present today you just have to read the relevant passages.

proof is there for those who sincerely seek it even whilst being a skeptic. i dunno, i used to be alot like you at one time but after certain events in life and gaining some maturity and using my brain Allah guided me to conviction. and i never believed just because my parents indoctrinated me, for most of my teenage yrs i was thinking along the lines of an agnost.

after all you cant see Allah swt right? yet looking at the world around you and your own soul, youll realise its impossible for Allah not to exist. then ask if Allah exists then has he created the heavens in sport or is there some purpose your missing?
Reply

EllyDicious
04-18-2010, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by tango92
maybe you should try to look into the proofs of islam, like the miracles of the quran etc. the quran is present today you just have to read the relevant passages.

proof is there for those who sincerely seek it even whilst being a skeptic. i dunno, i used to be alot like you at one time but after certain events in life and gaining some maturity and using my brain Allah guided me to conviction. and i never believed just because my parents indoctrinated me, for most of my teenage yrs i was thinking along the lines of an agnost.

after all you cant see Allah swt right? yet looking at the world around you and your own soul, youll realise its almost impossible for Allah not to exist. then ask if Allah exists then has he created the heavens in sport or is there some purpose your missing?
I'm not agnostic and I'm not denying the creator. I just think religion is man-made.
Reply

aadil77
04-19-2010, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by EllyDicious
Even Bin Laden believes in God and refers to Him as "Allah". He claims to be religious while he's the most sinful man on earth for causing terrorism.
Are you god that can judge someone to 'the most sinful man on earth' and not religious? There is no proof that bin laden has caused any terrorism.

From what I've experienced albanians are the worst muslims I've ever met, probably more sinful than the biggest terrorist in the world - george bush
Reply

EllyDicious
04-19-2010, 12:05 AM
Originally Posted by aadil77
Are you god that can judge someone to 'the most sinful man on earth' and not religious? There is no proof that bin laden has caused any terrorism.

From what I've experienced albanians are the worst muslims I've ever met, probably more sinful than the biggest terrorist in the world - george bush
I have no nerve to discuss this topic with you as I don't care what you think about Bin, Bush or Albanians.

If you don't know that Bin Laden is a terrorist, than sorry to say but do you ever watch the news? Don't make me think you're ignorant for not knowing what's going on around the world when clearly Bin laden shows up in his videos threatening for terrorism attacks.
If that's not a proof to you, then this is the most amusing moment of my day.
Reply

Nora.
04-28-2010, 08:56 AM
welcome to the forum sis ..

if you want to be sure that Islam is the truth religion .. simply Read the http://www.islamicboard.com/showthre...e-Encyclopedia
then you will release that Quran has mentioned things before more than 1400 years .. and scientists just prove these things through labs and Experiments ..
if you can read in Arabic that's would be good I will send you some books that proves Quran is not man- made written .

:)
Reply

EllyDicious
04-28-2010, 06:12 PM
Hi Nora, thank you for the welcome.
THe page is only in Arabic. I'm not finding the option to switch it to English.
Reply

Nora.
04-28-2010, 06:41 PM
ok follow this link

http://quran-m.com/firas/en1/

if you want it in a language other than English ..
just click here

http://www.quran-m.com/

and here is another one

http://kaheel7.com/eng/

Hope you enjoy reading these articles :)
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!