PDA

View Full Version : Kuwait confiscates 'obscene' shirts



islamirama
04-17-2010, 07:49 PM
Kuwait confiscates 'obscene' shirts




Kuwait is also taking legal action against those involved in the import and sale of 'obscene' shirts

By Habib Toumi, Bahrain Bureau Chief Published: 11:51 April 12, 2010
One of the shirts confiscated by the Kuwaiti authorities. Image Credit: Supplied Manama: Kuwait has confiscated shirts with "obscene messages and pictures" and is taking legal action against the people involved in importing and selling them.

According to Kuwaiti media, the commerce and industry ministry has confiscated "morally offensive" items and products from shops and is contacting the public prosecutor to take action against those involved in bringing and selling them in Kuwait.

The pictures and messages on the items are against public morals and incite debauchery, the ministry said.

Kuwaiti law sets a punishment up to three years' imprisonment and an up to KD3,000 (US$9,780) fine for anyone who publicly incites in a public place immoral acts and prostitution and for anyone who prints or sells or distributes or exhibits pictures or drawings or forms or anything immoral.


http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/kuwait...hirts-1.611280

Comments:

Where do you think these shirts are coming from? The anti-islam organizations/agencies in the west are producing these and shipping them to Muslim worlds to change the perception and mindset of the people there. This is brainwashing propaganda so Muslims start selling their sisters rather than stand up for their honor and defending them against these colonizing rapists.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Supreme
04-18-2010, 01:11 PM
Wow, that shirt is disgusting. You wouldn't even find such abominable T-shirts in London.
Reply

Abu Zainab
04-18-2010, 01:29 PM
Why is the word obscene in quotation marks....Is the journalist not man enough to say it really is obscene?

Even in the most liberal of societies this would be considered outrageous.
Reply

ardianto
04-18-2010, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by islamirama
Where do you think these shirts are coming from?
Maybe from Bangladesh, maybe from Indonesia, maybe from China, maybe from ........

The question is not where those T-shirts were produced, but who created the design. Those T-shirts maybe printed in origin country, maybe in destination country.

The anti-islam organizations/agencies in the west are producing these and shipping them to Muslim worlds to change the perception and mindset of the people there. This is brainwashing propaganda so Muslims start selling their sisters rather than stand up for their honor and defending them against these colonizing rapists.
I don't think this is western propaganda for brainwash Muslims.
That's just a rude joke for protest something, and probably it was created by Muslims themselves.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Cabdullahi
04-18-2010, 02:05 PM
the muslim youth are lapping up the toxic fashion styles......in the middle east if you dont dress hip you're backward and stupid.....but who's more backward than a person who wears a shirt printed with 'my honor and dignity is for sale'
Reply

Pygoscelis
04-18-2010, 03:18 PM
Three years in jail for wearing a T-Shirt - THAT is obscene.
Reply

ardianto
04-19-2010, 04:22 AM
That T-shirt is not obscene, but insult and offense women. I agree if Govt ban those T-shirt.

Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
Three years in jail for wearing a T-Shirt - THAT is obscene.
In certain countries people get only few weeks in jail for wearing obscene T-shirt. But people can get more than ten years in jail for wearing T-shirt that questioning govt policy.
Reply

Pygoscelis
04-19-2010, 11:35 PM
... which is ridiculus. It is just a T-shirt.
Reply

جوري
04-19-2010, 11:52 PM
it is just white powder 'cocaine', it is just a shaken baby (overly loved), it is just a man in a rainbow bikini gyrating prading before three year olds, it is just an obscene shirt ... it is just ______________ add debauchery of choice to the space provide it and get the atheist approval!
Reply

Skavau
04-20-2010, 03:25 AM
Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
it is just white powder 'cocaine', it is just a shaken baby (overly loved), it is just a man in a rainbow bikini gyrating prading before three year olds, it is just an obscene shirt ... it is just ______________ add debauchery of choice to the space provide it and get the atheist approval!
No, not really. You're talking about things that actually harm people here. Shaking a baby too hard can kill them. Substances such as cocaine can be dangerous and kill people. Pedophiles also are a threat towards young children. How can you compare those to the wearing of a crude shirt?
Reply

ardianto
04-20-2010, 04:02 AM
Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
... which is ridiculus. It is just a T-shirt.
Say it with T-shirt.

T-shirt is a media for expressing something. People can draw or write anything on T-shirt, like funny picture, humor, critic or word of wisdom. This is not about wearing T-shirt, but about what is picture or word on that T-shirt.

You must be have T-shirts, and I guess you chose those because you love the design that printed on those T-shirts.
Reply

CosmicPathos
04-20-2010, 04:03 AM
^ they harm moral condition of the society.
Reply

aadil77
04-20-2010, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by Supreme
Wow, that shirt is disgusting. You wouldn't even find such abominable T-shirts in London.
Actually I saw plenty in london tourist shops
Reply

جوري
04-20-2010, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by Skavau
No, not really. You're talking about things that actually harm people here. Shaking a baby too hard can kill them. Substances such as cocaine can be dangerous and kill people. Pedophiles also are a threat towards young children. How can you compare those to the wearing of a crude shirt?
Some people will argue that they don't know that shaking a baby can cause hemorrhage as such isn't a crime.. and cocaine has medicinal uses, surely you have heard of bupivacaine, benzocaine, lidocaine.. indeed it too 'cocaine' is a powerful anesthetic so not only can it comfort people but due to its equally powerful vasoconstrictive effect it can also stop bleeding temporarily if applied to an area where a bleed can't be controlled or a small vessel can't be ligated for it can't be visualized .. I might even argue that it is very useful.. so I ask how you can even compare that to a crude shirt? surely one is morally degenerate and the first potentially life saving..

see what happens when your morality is self-made and you are ignorant of the sciences as you are of theology?

all the best
Reply

Getoffmyback
04-20-2010, 03:28 PM
Do you think that this t-shirt's quote is meant to be against muslim veiled sisters or So? Or just for teen boys knowing that boys always fight with their sisters! Cos i have a nephew and niece and i see how they post funny stuff against each others.

kuwait have an islamic goverment law?
Reply

Supreme
04-20-2010, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by aadil77
Actually I saw plenty in london tourist shops
Really? I live in London and not once have I encountered anyone wearing this top! Actually, the other day, I did see a man wearing a T-shirt saying: 'I don't need sex, the government ****s me every time I pay taxes', although I would not consider that on the same level as this T-shirt. I honestly am not sure which tourist shops you have in mind...?
Reply

Skavau
04-20-2010, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
Some people will argue that they don't know that shaking a baby can cause hemorrhage as such isn't a crime.. and cocaine has medicinal uses, surely you have heard of bupivacaine, benzocaine, lidocaine.. indeed it too 'cocaine' is a powerful anesthetic so not only can it comfort people but due to its equally powerful vasoconstrictive effect it can also stop bleeding temporarily if applied to an area where a bleed can't be controlled or a small vessel can't be ligated for it can't be visualized .. I might even argue that it is very useful.. so I ask how you can even compare that to a crude shirt? surely one is morally degenerate and the first potentially life saving..
?

Shaking a baby, has actual, real consequences to other people. I am aware of the use of cocaine for medicinal purposes but in the context you were using, you were trying to make the point that well, if these t-shirts are okay, then why not other things... and then you went on to compare ridiculous things to the wearing of a specific t-shirt. I ask again: How are they comparable?
Reply

جوري
04-20-2010, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by Skavau
?

Shaking a baby, has actual, real consequences to other people.
some babies are shaken to no consequence and lovingly.. in certain cultures babies are put in a sieve and shaken by each family member.. it is considered a celebration!
I am aware of the use of cocaine for medical purposes but in the context you were using, you were trying to make the point that well, if these t-shirts are okay, then why not other things... and then you went on to compare ridiculous things to the wearing of a specific t-shirt.
You are aware yet your reply denotes you were so aghast, I used it as an example to display how wishy washy your 'morality' is if it exists at all .. you seem to have a haphazard random way of assigning it and yet appalled at what others find appalling.. what does that make you?

You didn't really support your comparison. You went off on a tangent about the practical application of cocaine and said that oh, well perhaps people might not know that shaking their baby can kill it.
see two above replies!

all the best
Reply

Skavau
04-20-2010, 05:08 PM
I'm not appalled at people being offended at specific t-shirts. I can see why Muslims might find these grotesque. I only took issue with your silly comparisons of wearing a t-shirt to killing a baby. If you want to ask me about my ethical compass, I suggest you PM me or open it up in one of the morality threads.
Reply

جوري
04-20-2010, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by Skavau
I'm not appalled at people being offended at specific t-shirts. I can see why Muslims might find these grotesque. I only took issue with your silly comparisons of wearing a t-shirt to killing a baby. If you want to ask me about my ethical compass, I suggest you PM me or open it up in one of the morality threads.
you wrote and again in support of your friend:
How can you compare those to the wearing of a crude shirt?
to which I have amply supplemented you with evidence that things that you might find terrible/appalling/incomparable to heinous acts or (insert the word of your choice here) is in fact quite comparable, it is all about what how tight your morality meter is or where your morals come from to begin with and demonstrated for you instances where the afore mentioned 'crimes' can either be cultural or medicinal.. so it is really a question of what is moral and how such standards are instated or applied.. Again, I notice that atheists have no standards or change their standards as the topic changed.. it is what we call plain hypocrisy..basically I don't want to hear the atheist complaint of why folks find it appalling that such shirts come with a fine to manufacture or wearer.

all the best
Reply

Danah
04-20-2010, 05:45 PM
What a disgusting shirt!!!!

I guarantee you that anyone who can't read English can find the color of the Shirt nice with bright writing like that one and buy it without any idea about the meaning of what is that!!

I saw many poor people who don't know English well and wear such stuff with such disgusting messages!!
Reply

جوري
04-20-2010, 05:53 PM
that is specifically why folks end up wearing snakes and shoes with ism illah written on them (astghfor Allah il3atheem) these degenerate turds export their hatred to us in whatever form and some of us are just fools lapping it up!

:w:
Reply

aadil77
04-20-2010, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by Supreme
Really? I live in London and not once have I encountered anyone wearing this top! Actually, the other day, I did see a man wearing a T-shirt saying: 'I don't need sex, the government ****s me every time I pay taxes', although I would not consider that on the same level as this T-shirt. I honestly am not sure which tourist shops you have in mind...?
Nah I didn't mean the exact same shirt, but ones with loads of sexuality on them, not good with names but I saw them in a shop near the big screen thingy in central london, theres a chinese takeaway nearby as well
Reply

ardianto
04-21-2010, 03:29 AM
Originally Posted by Danah

I saw many poor people who don't know English well and wear such stuff with such disgusting messages!!
I saw a poor guy wore T-shirt "Popular Girl".
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!