/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious Fireball Seen In The Sky?

Beardo
04-18-2010, 12:56 AM
April 15, 2010 3:15 p.m. EST
Topics: mystery, science and technology, human interest, environmental issue, astronomy, natural science, nature, United States
Linda Young - AHN News Writer

Chicago, IL, United States (AHN) - Many people in the Midwest reported seeing a giant ball of light up the sky Wednesday night for about 15 minutes just after 10 p.m. local time.

Residents of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Missouri, Ohio and Wisconsin reported seeing what some described as a giant fireball in the sky.

National Weather Service officials say the object appeared over the northern sky and moved from west to east, breaking into smaller pieces before it reached the horizon and disappeared from sight.

There is speculation about what it was. National Weather Service officials say it could have been caused by a large meteorite.

If the mysterious fireball was a meteorite, it might have been one associated with a meteor shower called Gamma Virginids that occurs from April 4 to April 21.

Read more: http://www.allheadlinenews.com/artic...#ixzz0lPPgKsuz

-------------------

I saw the video on CNN as well. Think its real?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
CosmicPathos
04-18-2010, 06:45 AM
It cannot be meteorite. meteorite or those objects which eventually fall on Earth. Since this did not, I doubt it can be technically called meteorite.

Yes it seems to be real. There are many asteroids oribiting between Mars and Jupiter. When they collide with each other, many objects called meteroids fall.

Gator
04-18-2010, 11:47 AM
It did break up in the atmosphere and fall to earth in little pieces so I guess it would be a meteorite, right?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!