/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is the World Coming to an End???

paradise88
04-18-2010, 03:49 PM
:sl:

Firstly i would like to apologise if i am repeating these topics, i am still not used to this new layout and finding posts as easy...

I know alot of people talk about signs of the world ending, most of us are familiar with many of them..
Some people are saying that the recent volcano eruption is like a sign because natural disasters will become often, is this true? Im not too sure.. One comment i heard was that its ashes from hell :embarrass

Its just things i've heard.. what are ur opinions?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
04-18-2010, 04:35 PM
the world will come to an end eventually...the best you can do is focus and defeat the shaytan

marwen
04-18-2010, 04:44 PM
For me the end of the world is when I die, whether it comes before the effective end of world or at the same time it doesn't make a big difference.
So I have to prepare myself for my own end of the world.

Alpha Dude
04-18-2010, 04:49 PM
Wa alaykum salam
One comment i heard was that its ashes from hell :embarrass
Lol, well that's obviously not true. :D

But yeah, natural disasters will increase toward the end of time and emergence of dajjal.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
CosmicPathos
04-18-2010, 06:45 PM
if you are talking about 2012 then as Muslims we dont believe in that. No one can know when Judgmet day will come. To say that its 2012 negates the very principle that no human can know when it will come.

marwen
04-18-2010, 07:05 PM
Me neither I don't believe in this 2012 joke.
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
To say that its 2012 negates the very principle that no human can know when it will come.
erm.. What you said is fine, but it's not really accurate. You know "probabilistically" it's possible that the world ends in 2012 (we're not certain it'll be after 2012 because we dont know when it will be anyway).
However, if it happenes, it doesn't mean the people who predicted it are able to see the future : it may be just a coincidence, or a prediction wich is not certain. If I tell you tomorrow it will rain (based on prediction), and tomorrow it does. Does that mean I can see the future ('Ilm al ghayb) ? Of course not !
But when we consider the 2012 story as a prediction, on what is it based ? there is no scientific prediction in it, it's just a science-fiction thing, and so it's a joke !

CosmicPathos
04-18-2010, 07:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
Me neither I don't believe in this 2012 joke.

erm.. What you said is fine, but it's not really accurate. You know "probabilistically" it's possible that the world ends in 2012. However, if it happenes, it doesn't mean the people who predicted it are able to see the future : it may be just a coincidence, or a prediction wich is not certain. If I tell you tomorrow it will rain (based on prediction), and tomorrow it does. Does that mean I can see the future ('Ilm al ghayb) ? Of course not !
But when we consider the 2012 story as a prediction, on what is it based ? there is no scientific prediction in it, it's just a science-fiction thing, and so it's a joke !
Probabilistic coincidences also happen because Allah wills them through His infinite knowledge. I dont think Allah will allow probabilistic coincidences to come true in regards to Judgment day. He will bring Judgment day when no one could have anticipated and were lost in the dunya. Kher Allah knows best.

Beardo
04-18-2010, 08:32 PM
As each day goes by, the world is getting closer and closer to the Last Day. But when will it come? Allah Ta'ala not only knows best, but He is the only one that knows.

The signs have begun to appear. The Prophet Sallallahu Alayhe Wasallam himself was a sign, as he was the seal of the Prophets. After him, no more prophets are to come.

M.B
04-18-2010, 09:39 PM

it is so near its unbelivable i think because of all the earthquakes and the volcano and still people dont take heed this is the big problem killing everyday and so on so much haraam . we are not even worshiping Allah how Allah is supposed to be worshiped subhanAllah.

one of the biggest signs is the earthquakes that are happening like everyday.

:w:

paradise88
04-19-2010, 10:15 AM
Hey i didnt say anything abt 2010 lol im just genrally asking abt the recent and ongoing natural disasters, n thanks to whoever commented n said that natural disasters will become more often..
Also i agree with end of the world is when we die essentially, Allah knows who will be here to witness this earth destructing

Woodrow
04-19-2010, 11:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by paradise786
Hey i didnt say anything abt 2010 lol im just genrally asking abt the recent and ongoing natural disasters, n thanks to whoever commented n said that natural disasters will become more often..
Also i agree with end of the world is when we die essentially, Allah knows who will be here to witness this earth destructing

I have no idea when the end of the world will come. However this recent volcano is not a major disaster it would have gone unnoticed for nearly all of us if it had not been for high flying aircraft. Less than 75 years ago in fact during my lifetime there was a much worse volcanic eruption in Iceland that except for a few scientists and National Geographic Magazine, it went virtually unnoticed. But, there were no intercontinental flights to be canceled by the dust. Here in the USA not very long ago Mt St Helens was a much more powerful volcano, but the dust did not occur in a region to disrupt air traffic and very little property damage occurred, so it was seen more as a irritation than as a disaster. Hundreds if not thousands of Volcanic eruption take place every year, most cause no concern as they occur in barren regions. They are becoming disasters because people are dumb enough to build cities near active volcanoes.

In fact at this very moment there are 18 volcanoes erupting all equally powerful, but 17 are in areas where they are not posing any problem.

EGON
Flores Island (Indonesia)
(-8.67, 122.45)
ETNA
Sicily (Italy)
(37.734, 15.004)
EYJAFJOLL
Southern Iceland
(63.63, -19.62)
GAUA
Banks Islands (SW Pacific)
(-14.27, 167.5)
MIYAKE-JIMA
Izu Islands (Japan)
(34.079, 139.529)
REDOUBT
Southwestern Alaska
EGON
Flores Island (Indonesia)
(-8.67, 122.45)
ETNA
Sicily (Italy)
(37.734, 15.004)
EYJAFJOLL
Southern Iceland
(63.63, -19.62)
GAUA
Banks Islands (SW Pacific)
(-14.27, 167.5)
MIYAKE-JIMA
Izu Islands (Japan)
(34.079, 139.529)
REDOUBT
Southwestern Alaska
(60.485, -152.742)
REVENTADOR
Ecuador
(-0.077, -77.656)
ARENAL
Costa Rica
(10.463, -84.703)
BATU TARA
Komba Island (Indonesia)
(-7.792, 123.579)
DUKONO
Halmahera
(1.68, 127.88)
KARYMSKY
Eastern Kamchatka
(54.05, 159.45)
KILAUEA
Hawaii (USA)
(19.421, -155.287)
KLIUCHEVSKOI
Central Kamchatka (Russia)
56.057, 160.638)
POPOCATEPETL
México
(19.023, -98.622)
RABAUL
New Britain
(-4.271, 152.203)
SAKURA-JIMA
Kyushu
(31.585, 130.657)
SHIVELUCH
Central Kamchatka (Russia)
(56.653, 161.36)
SOUFRIERE HILLS
Montserrat
(16.72, -62.18)

This is just a typical day and in terms of Volcanic activity a very quiet one compared to past activity. The same with Earthquakes. Several thousand occur daily. Most far out at sea and go unnoticed, except when they are near human habitats.

As far as natural disasters none in recent years have come close to those in the not too distant past. Probably the worse would have been the flooding of the Mediterranean Basin. Yep, in the early days of human civilization the Med was dry land and while it's formation began about 100 Million years ago, it was not complete until about 10,000 years ago. There probably are very many ancient cities on the sea floor of the med.

While some of the signs of the end days will be increased earthquakes and volcanos, for the past 1000 years there has been a major decress. Today they are much less frequent than they were just a 100 or so years ago.

We need to look at each moment as being a sign of the last days. We may not know when the last days of the earth will come, but with a very high degree of certainty we can say that the last day of each person reading this will be within 100 years.

Now with this current lull we are having in seismic activity, we can be certain that with the number of Volcanos that exist on earth (We know of 1500 that exist on land and probably 3 times as many below the seas.) There will be a time coming of much greater disasters. There are an estimated 6,000 volcanos on this earth. The day when they all erupt at the same time, we will see the fury of the final days, and that can take place at any moment, without further warning.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!