/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sabr

glo
04-19-2010, 07:38 AM
I have a very small question.

Can somebody tell me how exactly to pronounce the word 'sabr'?
And what exactly it means?

Thanks. :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
04-19-2010, 08:11 AM
sabr - say it like sabber

Just means patience

ardianto
04-19-2010, 08:40 AM
English = Patience

Arabic = Sabr

Indonesian/Malaysian = Sabar

omar ibrahim
04-19-2010, 08:59 AM
it does not just mean patience its actually more than patience you can say patience with difficulty

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd-al Latif
04-19-2010, 10:14 AM
The word sabr means patience i.e. 'to refrain and withhold'.

And according to the famous linguistic in the Arabic language, known as Firozabadi, the word sabr may have different meanings according to the situation. When one has sabr when refraining from his sexual desires and temptations it is known as 'afeef' (Chastity), sabr when fighting the enemy in the battlefield is known as "shajaa'a" (Bravery) etc. They all encompass the same meaning which is to refrain and withhold from whatever is disliked, prohibited in islam etc.

This is why in Islam the only deed that will be rewarded with account is patience.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-19-2010, 10:19 AM
^ Indeed Masha`Allaaah.. i didnt know ..learning something aye

Cabdullahi
04-19-2010, 01:21 PM
Repeat after me SA.............BR

SA and BR...................SABR

Missinglinks
04-19-2010, 01:38 PM
Bismillah

alhamdolillah

read surah yusuf and know what sabr is! such a beautifull example of sabr troughout the life and never give up hope!

also surah baqarah says:

Sahih International
And seek help through patience and prayer, and indeed, it is difficult except for the humbly submissive [to Allah ]
Tafsir al-Jalalayn
Seek help, ask for assistance in your affairs, in patience, by restraining the soul in the face of that which it dislikes; and prayer. The singling out of this for mention is a way of emphasising its great importance; in one hadīth, [it is stated], ‘When something bothered the Prophet (s), he would immediately resort to prayer’; it is said that the address here is to the Jews: when greed and desire for leadership became impediments to their faith, they were enjoined to forbearance, which constituted fasting and prayer, since, the former stems from lust and the latter yields humility and negates pride. For it, prayer, is grievous, burdensome, except to the humble, those that are at peace in obedience,

Fuaad
04-19-2010, 01:40 PM
you pronounce "sa" like you say sat and the br like when you are cold brrr..

glo
04-19-2010, 06:00 PM
Thank you all!:rock:

جوري
04-19-2010, 06:13 PM
1:26 in the video to learn proper pronunciation of sabr!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!