/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Could someone please explain "Islamic Attire"?

imacatholic
04-20-2010, 06:10 AM
I am a Catholic and I have a very good Muslim friend, Abbas, who invited me to the local mosque for an international food festival. I looked on their website and it says "Islamic Attire Required". Could someone please explain to me what it is and where to get it?

Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
omar ibrahim
04-20-2010, 06:21 AM
Hi brother

Actually there is no special islamic dress actually so it will be much better if you ask your friend ^^

aadil77
04-20-2010, 08:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by imacatholic
I am a Catholic and I have a very good Muslim friend, Abbas, who invited me to the local mosque for an international food festival. I looked on their website and it says "Islamic Attire Required". Could someone please explain to me what it is and where to get it?

Thanks.
It just means dress modestly, assuming you're a man - you don't have to worry much

but if you're a woman - wear loose clothing and ideally nothing but your hands and face should be showing

GuCcI
04-20-2010, 03:47 PM
Don't wear t-shirts or clothes with graphics/visuals of people/animals, skinny jeans, etc.
I would recommend business casual - safe.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hidaaya
04-20-2010, 06:25 PM
Modest clothing.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!