/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Back pain

glo
04-21-2010, 08:23 AM
So I like to start the day with a few stretches and toning exercises.
Nothing too strenuous, I always warm up before and cool down afterwards, and I have been doing it for months.

This morning I suddenly felt a jolt in my upper spine, pretty much between my should blades, and could hardly move with pain.

A couple of hours later, after applying some heat and taking some anti-inflammatory painkillers, it is a lot better - but I can still feel it, it jars occasionally and is restricting my movements.

I have had lower back pain before, but never upper back pain.
I love being active, so the idea of having to rest and take it easy is not appealing at all! :hmm:

Does anybody have any advice (or words of comfort)?

Thank you. :thankyou:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abu Zainab
04-21-2010, 11:01 AM
Just my two cents:

1. Keep applying the heat

2. Rest

3. Use sesame oil.....Take two tablespoons....Better to take in the evening (about two or three hours before dinner)...Wash it down with some coffee or hot chocolate. You will start to notice a lot of difference within a week.

4. Massage with sesame oil....be careful though....take it easy with the massage....

5. This is my favorite....My mom makes this for me...cook some garlic in olive oil....boil the hell out of it till it gets black...strain and allow to cool down..... I play soccer and get a lot of injuries....I apply it on my legs at night and the pain is gone by morning

Cabdullahi
04-21-2010, 11:43 AM
Subhana'Allah just like my mother...she has back pains too because she fell down the stairs once......my advice is probably a bit extreme....it could be that you're back muscles are weak so hit the gym and work on strengthening your back

glo
04-21-2010, 12:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
Subhana'Allah just like my mother...she has back pains too because she fell down the stairs once......my advice is probably a bit extreme....it could be that you're back muscles are weak so hit the gym and work on strengthening your back
I don't think so.
I am very active usually - I enjoy running, walking, gardening etc; and I started doing stretching and toning exercises in the mornings a couple for months ago. Those include some (light) weight lifting, and I'm no stranger to 'the Plank'! (Remember, I am just trying to maintain a level of fitness and suppleness - I don't want to end up looking like Schwarzenegger!)

I wonder whether I just didn't warm up enough or whether I overstretched.
It's a lot better now. I think the pain killers have helped.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Life_Is_Short
04-21-2010, 01:34 PM
If it continues make sure you see a Doctor because it could be something serious.

glo
04-21-2010, 05:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
If it continues make sure you see a Doctor because it could be something serious.
If the pain continues I will - although I am sure that it is of a musculoskeletal nature, rather than anything else ...

Argamemnon
04-21-2010, 08:14 PM
I hope it's nothing serious. I had made a 'wrong move' when exercising back in 2001, and my upper back has never been the same. Years after the incident, occasionally I still had this burning feeling at the same spot between the shoulder blades, slightly on the left..lol

GuCcI
04-23-2010, 04:04 PM
If it still gets really bad you should see a doctor. My mom has chronic lower back pain because of one of the discs in her spinal cord, and it was only discovered through a CT scan despite doing many x-rays. The doctor advised for some simple back excersises, heat, rest, etc but you know... the pain only goes away temporarily.

glo
04-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Very strangely my back is perfectly fine now.
It was very painful when it happened two days ago, and still a bit sore yesterday - but today it is better than ever!

It's almost as if something had clicked back into it's right place ...

Life_Is_Short
04-23-2010, 08:56 PM
^ Could have been a nerve compression.. :-\

islamirama
04-23-2010, 11:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
It's almost as if something had clicked back into it's right place ...
We call that vein overlapping on another vein, or you refer to it as pulling a muscle. Most likely you pulled a muscle or something and now its back in its place :)

piXie
04-24-2010, 01:38 PM
I remember once my mum had really bad back pain, so much so that she couldn't get out of bed or move. My grandmother gave her tumeric powder (Haldi) mixed in milk and a handful of almonds.

Tumeric powder is anti-inflammatory and relieves pain. Can even be mixed in water if milk does not agree with someone. Alhamdulillaah, my mum had a speedy recovery. And believe me when I say speedy !

Try it ! :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!