/* */

PDA

View Full Version : wearing foundation on face???

muslimgirl12
04-21-2010, 11:41 AM
Hello

I was just wondering, can muslim women wear conceler/foundation on their face in from og non marams - i ask becasue - i suffer from acne and have blemishes on my face which i feel embarrased about and therfore wear it - i wouldnt wear it if my skin was clear but unfortunatly its not

any ideas???

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cat eyes
04-21-2010, 03:12 PM
:sl: this is what i had found so far sis. most scholars are more strict about it then others.

Is a woman’s prayer wearing make-up considered permissible?
Is a woman’s prayer considered permissible after doing wudoo’ and putting make-up on her face?.

Praise be to Allaah.
If a woman does wudoo’ then puts makeup on her face, that does not matter, and it does not affect her wudoo’ or her prayer, so long as it is not naajis, because purity of clothes and body are essential for the prayer to be valid.

It should be noted that it is not permissible for a woman to wear makeup in front of non-mahram men, because she is commanded to cover her face in front of them and because wearing makeup is an adornment that leads to fitnah. If she does that and then prays, she will have the reward for her prayer but she will have the burden of sin for tabarruj (wanton display).

It says in Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (17/129): There is no reason why a woman should not adorn herself by wearing makeup on her face, or kohl, or doing her hair in a manner that does not make her resemble kaafir women, but it is also essential that she cover her face in front of men who are not her mahrams. End quote.

It also says (17/128): Using kohl is allowed in Islam, but it is not permissible for a woman to show any of her adornment, whether kohl or anything else, to anyone other than her husband or mahrams, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“…and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands…”

[al-Noor 24:31]

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

cat eyes
04-21-2010, 03:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimgirl12
Hello

I was just wondering, can muslim women wear conceler/foundation on their face in from og non marams - i ask becasue - i suffer from acne and have blemishes on my face which i feel embarrased about and therfore wear it - i wouldnt wear it if my skin was clear but unfortunatly its not

any ideas???
I understand what you are saying but you should learn how to accept yourself for the way you are sister then others will accept you. i stopped wearing make up 8months ago now and cant tell u how great it feels to be myself

Snowflake
04-21-2010, 03:41 PM
:sl: I think beautifying oneself knowing non mahrams will see you and concealing flaws are two different things. I doubt scholars knows what foundation is lol. Primarily its job is to help makeup stay put. It should be the same colour as the skin itself which means it is invisable and not really changing the way you look, except hiding light blemishes. Heavier blemishes need concealer.

There is a hadith in which a man who lost his nose in a battle asked the Prophet (saw) if he can have a silver nose. He was granted permission. He was not being vain by wanting to conceal his deformity/flaw. I think you should explain your problem to a scholar, and tell him exactly what foundation is and why you are wearing it. I don't see why it would be a problem as long as it's halal and wudhuable.

However that solution is short term sis. Covering up the symptoms won't make the cause disappear. You should find a good alternative therapist and treat the acne from the inside out. May Allah grant you a cure.

:wa:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
EllyDicious
04-21-2010, 03:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah

However that solution is short term sis. Covering up the symptoms won't make the cause disappear. You should find a good alternative therapist and treat the acne from the inside out. May Allah grant you a cure.

I agree with this.
You should treat acne for your own health. You need to find a skin doctor rather than worsen them by putting make up on.

cat eyes
04-21-2010, 03:53 PM
:sl:well whether its for beautifying ones self or concealing flaws its quite the same thing :hmm: when you wear make up, it totally changes ones face. it enhances your skin tone. scholars are not babies. they know alot more then us.

I Also can quote you several hadiths. islam has laid out rules and its not for us lay people to contradict them.

even women who have lost there hair cannot wear wigs so what dose that tell you? why should you try change your creation

she should seek medical help and no make up is not going to cure the problem

one guy who i had went to school with medication had gotton rid of his acne. :wa:

Cabdullahi
04-21-2010, 04:02 PM
for how long will you hide behind foundation.....if you think good of yourself so will the people!..........forget what people think your opinion about yourself is what is important.!!

Snowflake
04-21-2010, 04:42 PM
=cat eyes;1320153]:sl:well whether its for beautifying ones self or concealing flaws its quite the same thing :hmm: when you wear make up, it totally changes ones face. it enhances your skin tone
Maybe you're right but I genuinely feel that beautifying yourself where no flaw exists and covering up a flaw purely to look acceptable are not the same. I do think the sis could do with asking a scholar as although Islam has laid down the laws, each case is judged by its own merits. The fact that the Prophet (pbuh) allowed a man to conceal his flaw suggests there it may be permissable for the sister to conceal her skin blemishes.

scholars are not babies. they know alot more then us.
No doubt sis. But when it comes to the application of makeup, I doubt they know the purpose of foundation. For instance in pakistan women used to wear foundation to whiten their faces. They genuinely thought that was what it was for. There may be scholars who have the same thinking. I don't think they study makeup in alimi courses. That is why I said it's better to ask a scholar and explain the purpose of why the sis needs to use foundation. Allah knows the intentions of the heart.

I Also can quote you several hadiths. islam has laid out rules and its not for us lay people to contradict them.
Sis, I stated the hadith not to contradict any Islamic ruling, but to show that there are concessions in special cases.

even women who have lost there hair cannot wear wigs so what dose that tell you?
That women are not allowed to wear wigs.

why should you try change your creation
Covering flaws is not changing Allah's creation.

she should seek medical help and no make up is not going to cure the problem

one guy who i had went to school with medication had gotton rid of his acne. :wa:
I agree.

muslimgirl12
04-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Salaam - Thankyou so much for your replies -

I would just like to say that - the only reason i put on foundation is to hide the marks that i have from having acne for years - my acne has calmd down a lot but i have a lot of scars because of it ans these wll never go away but are less visible when putting on foundation - and yes it is skin colour - its not like i put on blusher or lipstick, its simply just to hide the marks on my face

its been a problem for me for years (about 10 years to be exact). and it is distressing for me and other people who suffer from this also.

cat eyes
04-21-2010, 09:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimgirl12
Salaam - Thankyou so much for your replies -

I would just like to say that - the only reason i put on foundation is to hide the marks that i have from having acne for years - my acne has calmd down a lot but i have a lot of scars because of it ans these wll never go away but are less visible when putting on foundation - and yes it is skin colour - its not like i put on blusher or lipstick, its simply just to hide the marks on my face

its been a problem for me for years (about 10 years to be exact). and it is distressing for me and other people who suffer from this also.
well make up dose not cure acne infact it could possibly make it worse. some types of make up sinks into the pores of the skin creating fine lines and if your make up has reached its expiry date it can cause bacteria to grow all over your skin creating more spots. DONT BUY CHEAP MAKE UP. this is my own personal advice. dont ever mix foundation with water this also creates bacteria. always wash your make up off before sleeping. never leave it on. i cannot imagine how difficult this must be for you but i would still speak to imam because whether or not its for beauty it dose enhance a persons face. you should have this type of thinking that you dont want to give any non mehram the chance to look at you.

KittenLover
04-21-2010, 09:20 PM
my brother calls girls with loads of make up on clowns, and attah face (flower face) so don't go over the top to the point you look fake.

cat eyes
04-21-2010, 09:20 PM
Is My Makeup Causing Pimples?
By Angela Palmer, About.com Guide
Updated: December 28, 2007
About.com Health's Disease and Condition content is reviewed by the Medical Review Board
See More About:makeup and acneacne cosmeticaacne triggersacne causesconcealing acne

Is your makeup triggering breakouts?

Photo © Angela Palmer
Sponsored Links
Acne Treatment
Get Clean Skin Today , Request a Call Back Online Now !
Aestheticsurgery.ie/Acne_Treatments
Irelands Largest Stockist
Thousands of Customer every month great prices, 100% satisfaction
www.kudosbeauty.ie/dermalogica
Acne Scars Gone - 14 Days
Yes it's possible with Meladerm! Fade Acne Scars & Acne Marks.
CivantSkinCare.com/Acne-Scars
Acne Ads
Acne Treatment
Acne Pictures
Acne Whiteheads
Acne Problem
Acne Scar Cure
Most teen girls and adult women who suffer from acne develop a sort of love-hate relationship with their makeup. You rely on it to help cover up acne pimples that make you feel self-conscious. On the other hand, it can actually create more of the blemishes you are trying to conceal. How can you ensure your makeup isn't sabotaging your efforts to clear your skin?

Never sleep in your makeup.
Every night before bed, make it a point to thoroughly but gently remove all traces of makeup from your face and neck. Use a gentle cleanser and toner to help do so.

Choose makeup labeled noncomedogenic.
Noncomedogenic makeup does not contain ingredients known to clog the pores. Reducing the amount of pore blockages is a good start when treating acne, and some women find their breakouts improve just by changing to noncomedogenic makeup.

Clean your applicators frequently.
Half of the fight against blemishes is reducing the amount of acne-causing bacteria on your skin. And makeup brushes and applicators are bacteria magnets. Wash all makeup brushes with antimicrobial soap a few times each week, and thoroughly spray them with isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol after every application. Use disposable applicators whenever possible, and dispose of after each use.

Choose powder-based makeup instead of liquids.
Although liquid makeup gives better coverage, most have an oil base. Definitely not something you want to put on your acne prone skin. Powders have the added benefit of helping to absorb excess oil.

Try switching brands.
If your acne seems to worsen after wearing makeup for several days in a row, you may want to try a different brand. Certain makeup formulations, even those labeled noncomedogenic, can cause breakouts in sensitive individuals. If this seems to be the case for you, try another brand. Your skin might tolerate one better than another.

Go bare whenever possible.
Leave your face makeup-less at least a few times a week. Allow your skin time to breathe and heal. And when you do wear makeup, remember, less is best.
Above all, try not to get discouraged. Finding what works for your skin is often a matter of trial and error. But with patience and time, your skin can heal. And you can feel confident with or without your makeup.

http://acne.about.com/od/acnetriggers/a/makeup.htm

EllyDicious
04-21-2010, 09:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KittenLover
my brother calls girls with loads of make up on clowns, and attah face (flower face) so don't go over the top to the point you look fake.
Right. Wearing too much make up to cover flaws on your skin makes you look fake and plastic.

GuCcI
04-22-2010, 01:58 AM
I'll tell you from experience, when you have blemishes or zits or whatever, wearing foundation or concealer to cover it up doesn't help the problem, it only makes it worse. i use to wear foundation in high school but as soon as i stopped, my skin cleared up so well that now im afraid to wear it even only on special occasions. your pores end up getting clogged, your skin cant breathe, and the unpleasantness on your face that you're trying to cover up doesnt disappear, only becomes more prominent.
check with your doctor/dermatologist to give you some good products that will help. once you give your skin the freedom to breathe and be free, it'll start clearing up on its own. remember to drink a good amount of water and dont touch your face with your hands.

also i find that with time, the scars start to disappear on their own. the less makeup you wear, the less dependant on it you become. being dependant on makeup is horrible because u cant leave the house without your daily face and removing just one layer of it makes you look 'different' or incomplete. people may not even notice it, but just feels like something is missing. getting addicted to it has serious confidence and self esteem issues.

Snowflake
04-22-2010, 08:35 AM
:sl: I don't entirely agree that makeup makes your skin worse. Maybe cheaper brands do. But allergies aside, it's usually lack of hygiene from unwashed makeup sponges/brushes which can cause skin eruptions. Furthermore makeup actually protects the skin from the elements.

P.S. If your foundation is visible and looks mask-like, then you're wearing too much or using the wrong one. Foundation is not supposed to be noticeable.

P.P.S. I hate makeup :p

S_87
04-22-2010, 10:20 AM
hmm on a side note, foundation may cover up but will it antagonise your acne too????
if you can, let the acne run through-yes it will hopefuly clear up (how old are you? )

piXie
04-22-2010, 10:31 AM
Ah, don't deprive the poor sister of her makeup people. She can wear her makeup and BE HAPPY and also stay within the beautiful noble dignified honorable and protected limitations of Allaah and make Him HAPPY.

:D

I may be smiling but I am serious.

Scroll down

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

cat eyes
04-22-2010, 12:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GuCcI
I'll tell you from experience, when you have blemishes or zits or whatever, wearing foundation or concealer to cover it up doesn't help the problem, it only makes it worse. i use to wear foundation in high school but as soon as i stopped, my skin cleared up so well that now im afraid to wear it even only on special occasions. your pores end up getting clogged, your skin cant breathe, and the unpleasantness on your face that you're trying to cover up doesnt disappear, only becomes more prominent.
check with your doctor/dermatologist to give you some good products that will help. once you give your skin the freedom to breathe and be free, it'll start clearing up on its own. remember to drink a good amount of water and dont touch your face with your hands.

also i find that with time, the scars start to disappear on their own. the less makeup you wear, the less dependant on it you become. being dependant on makeup is horrible because u cant leave the house without your daily face and removing just one layer of it makes you look 'different' or incomplete. people may not even notice it, but just feels like something is missing. getting addicted to it has serious confidence and self esteem issues.
thats right. a person with experience will actually know. i use to get blemishes after wearing make up too but as soon as i stopped my face became proper white like i could not believe

muslimgirl12
04-23-2010, 10:08 AM
Hi

thanks for all your advise

also another thing - - i didnt have any physical heath problems because of it but was self conscience about it when i smiled as they looked like vampire teeth - two at the front were long then i would get two small teeth next to them and then two long ones again which were the same lenght as my front two teeth - so i had two small teeth in between

I was just reading something and have found out that some scohors say vaneers are haraam - is this true - if so what do i do as they cut one of my tooth to place the vaneer - i didnt know they were haraam and am now worried

does this mean my wudo hasnt been valid??

also i booked a holiday a long time ago for me and my sis online (the site said you couldnt cancel/or get money back) my sister couldnt find her passport so i reported my card stolen so my money wouldnt go out -
was this wrong and if so do i owe money back as its kind of cheating - but i dont know how much the holiday was

taqwagarden
11-23-2016, 12:58 AM
Your photos of you transforming to niqabi are so cute, masha'Allah!!! :love:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!