/* */

PDA

View Full Version : South Park creators warned over Muhammad depiction

questioner8
04-22-2010, 12:41 PM
Is the islamist reaction backed up by islam/muslims in general?

South Park warned over Muhammad
Islamists have warned the creators of TV show South Park they could face violent retribution for depicting the Prophet Muhammad in a bear suit.
A posting on the website of the US-based group, Revolution Muslim, told Matt Stone and Trey Parker they would "probably wind up like Theo Van Gogh".
The Dutch film-maker was shot and stabbed to death in 2004 by an Islamist angered by his film about Muslim women.
A subsequent episode of the cartoon bleeped out references to Muhammad.
Drug-snorting Buddha
The posting gave details about a home Stone and Parker reportedly co-own.
It also listed the addresses of their production office in California and the New York office of South Park's broadcaster, Comedy Central.
"We have to warn Matt and Trey that what they are doing is stupid and they will probably wind up like Theo Van Gogh for airing this show," warned the posting, written in the name of Abu Talhah Al-Amrikee.
"This is not a threat, but a warning of the reality of what will likely happen to them," it added.
Mr al-Amrikee later told the Associated Press the posting was not an incitement to violence. It had been published to raise awareness of the issue and to see that it did not happen again, he added.

This is not a threat, but a warning of the reality of what will likely happen to them
Abu Talhah Al-Amrikee
A Comedy Central spokesman said the network had no comment.
In the 200th episode of South Park, broadcast in the US and UK last week, Muhammad appeared several times inside a bear suit. Figures from other religions were also depicted, including a drug-snorting Buddha.
Wednesday's 201st episode saw any spoken references to Muhammad bleeped out, while a prominent banner stating "censored" was used in the programme.
Speaking in an interview with the Boing Boing website before the 200th show aired, the South Park team defended the scenes.
"We'd be so hypocritical against our own message, our own thoughts, if we said, 'okay, well let's not make fun of them because they won't hurt us,'" said Parker.
"It matters to me when we talk about Muhammad that I can say we did this... and I can stand behind that," Stone added.
"I don't think it's going to change the world, but this is how it's got to be for our show."
In 2006, Comedy Central banned Stone and Parker from showing an image of Muhammad in an episode that was intended to be part of a comment on the controversy caused by the publication of caricatures of the prophet by a Danish newspaper.
An earlier episode, Super-Best Friends (2001), contained an image of Muhammad but passed without comment.
"It was before the Danish cartoon controversy, so it somehow is fine," Stone told Boing Boing.
"Then, after that, now that's the new normal. We lost. Something that was okay is now not okay."
Muslims consider any physical representation of their prophet to be blasphemous. The caricatures published in Denmark sparked mass protests worldwide.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/h...nt/8636455.stm

Published: 2010/04/22 08:58:52 GMT

© BBC MMX

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
islamirama
04-22-2010, 10:24 PM
Muslim group issues ‘warning’ to ‘South Park’ show

By ALEX DOBUZINSKIS - Apr 22, 2010

LOS ANGELES: A US Muslim group has issued a dire Internet "warning" to creators of the satirical animated TV show "South Park" over a depiction of the Prophet Mohammad in a bear outfit.

"We have to warn Matt (Stone) and Trey (Parker) that what they are doing is stupid and they will probably wind up like Theo Van Gogh for airing this show," said a posting on website RevolutionMuslim.com.

The website posted a graphic photo of slain Dutch filmmaker Theo Van Gogh, who was killed in 2004 by an Islamic militant over a movie he made that accused Islam of condoning violence against women.

It also posted link to a news article with details of a mansion in Colorado that Parker and Stone apparently own, suggesting the Web posters know where to find the South Park creators.

The episode in question aired last week on cable channel Comedy Central of the 200th episode of "South Park,” in which the Prophet Mohammad was depicted in a bear outfit.

"South Park" has a history of aiming biting satire at politicians, celebrities and the media, and its episodes have often drawn criticism.

The website of Revolution Muslim was down on Wednesday because of what a leader of the group called a traffic overload.

Most Muslims consider any depiction of the founder of Islam as offensive.

The head of Revolution Muslim, Younus Abdullah Muhammad, 30, defended the posting.

"How is that a threat?" he told Reuters. "Showing a case study right there of what happened to another individual who conducted himself in a very similar manner? It's just evidence." According to US law enforcement officials, the federal government rarely prosecutes threat cases. The First Amendment of the US Constitution gives broad protections to free speech, and what constitutes a threat is often subject to interpretation.

In Ireland, police last month arrested seven people in connection with a suspected plot, involving the Internet, to kill Swedish cartoonist Lars Vilks. Vilks' 2007 sketch of the Prophet Mohammad with the body of a dog drew anger from Muslims.

Younus said his group "didn't tell anyone to go to their houses and conduct violence" and he added he is not worried the Web post would lead to violence against Parker or Stone.

He described his group as an alternative media outlet with about 20 active posters to the website. Members also engage in demonstrations and lectures at mosques, he said.

"Why would anybody that is plotting or planning to commit a violent act in retaliation, why would they need a post on RevolutionMuslim.com?" he said.

Comedy Central, a unit of Viacom Inc that airs "South Park," declined to comment.

http://arabnews.com/lifestyle/sidelights/article45948.ece

CosmicPathos
04-22-2010, 10:32 PM
Abu Talha Al-Amrikee (am I missing any sarcasm in this last name)? Last time it was Yusuf Khattab.

Vito
04-22-2010, 10:41 PM
The 2nd episode which was the newest actually had it where they censored the prophet's name, where as the first one didn't. So either the message got through to them, or they were just mocking the Muslim group. Within these episodes, they also have prophet Isa and prophet Musa (pbut) who was depicted as a computer or something... They also had a bunch of other guys including Buddha who was snorting crack in all the scenes he was in. These guys are twisted.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
04-22-2010, 10:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
Abu Talha Al-Amrikee (am I missing any sarcasm in this last name)? Last time it was Yusuf Khattab.
its not his real name

Blackpool
04-22-2010, 10:43 PM
Imagine a non-muslim killing a muslim that depicted the pope? Then a non-muslim website shows a picture of the dead muslim and then warns muslim producers that it could be repeated if they did anything of the sort again. What would you think? Idiots...!

Pygoscelis
04-22-2010, 10:56 PM
You guys do realize that threats like this only makes people like the makers of SouthPark (and myself) want to stand up to such bully threats and do the opposite of what is demanded, right? The whole cartoon issue that depicted Mohammed, for example, had been forgotten and would have not been seen by many people except that some crazy islamists resurrected the story and drew world media attention to it. As a result, lots of us people who otherwise would not have cared, wanted to see these cartoons and wanted them to be published again and again. Sometimes these islamists are their own worst enemies.

CosmicPathos
04-22-2010, 11:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
You guys do realize that threats like this only makes people like the makers of SouthPark (and myself) want to stand up to such bully threats and do the opposite of what is demanded, right? The whole cartoon issue that depicted Mohammed, for example, had been forgotten and would have not been seen by many people except that some crazy islamists resurrected the story and drew world media attention to it. As a result, lots of us people who otherwise would not have cared, wanted to see these cartoons and wanted them to be published again and again. Sometimes these islamists are their own worst enemies.
lol. sure, idiots wanting to put their lives at risk.

Beardo
04-22-2010, 11:22 PM
http://jannahwiki.com/all-entries/tr...nternet-raids/

جوري
04-22-2010, 11:42 PM
lol. sure, idiots wanting to put their lives at risk.
don't you need to be a limber adrenal junkie for that.. from my understanding the creators of these series are fat turds.. obviously their ratings are down, whenever turds have low ratings and need to make a fast buck, they rile up a few Muslims and get the attention they seek!

:w:

Rabi Mansur
04-23-2010, 01:44 AM

I'm just learning Arabic and even I had to wonder about that name...Al-Amrikee...right.

The best advice is if you are going to be offended then just don't watch it. Now their ratings are sky-high. I can normally stand to watch about 5 minutes of South Park and then it is time to change the channel. I've never watched an entire episode because I am usually grossed out or offended.

:wa:

Ummu Sufyaan
04-23-2010, 02:03 AM
everyone else is allowed to complain if they dont like something or feel offended if something they dont like appears on a show/newspaper/magazine.

جوري
04-23-2010, 02:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by rabimansur
. I can normally stand to watch about 5 minutes of South Park and then it is time to change the channel. I've never watched an entire episode because I am usually grossed out or offended.

:wa:
ditto that, they are on comedy central but there is an even worse show than south park if you can imagine that.. it is beyond disgusting called ugly americans or something like that

The_Prince
04-23-2010, 02:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Blackpool
Imagine a non-muslim killing a muslim that depicted the pope? Then a non-muslim website shows a picture of the dead muslim and then warns muslim producers that it could be repeated if they did anything of the sort again. What would you think? Idiots...!
well, if it was a tiny group, as in this case, 1 guy who posted the article with the threat, then like a rational sande minded human being, i would conclude, that this lone man is quite crazy, and leave at that.

what i wouldnt do is start to generalize on the enitre community, which is what were seeing here, and furthermore, i wouldnt blow it out of proportion, which again, is what were seeing, all because of one man, who decided to post an article threatning someone.

but something tells me you never knew that did you? i bet you didnt know that this tiny group is made up of no more than 5-10 members, and it was only one member, the head guy, who posted the threat. offcourse you didnt know these details, because the media you put your trust in, is filled with emotional propaganda to make you think that this is a major issue and that there is this huge Islamic group threatning the producers of south park, when in reality it is only one, yes, i repeat, just ONE man.

the biggest irony is that the media has made such a huge deal of this, that now, a whole load of jihadis are going to learn about this incident, when at the start, it is was just 1 extremist. imagine that, the media propaganda has created more trouble for the south park producers, trouble that was never there. if they didnt give their attention to this 1 man, no one would know anything, well, now everyone knows, including a whole load of extremists.

so if you really cared, you would condemn and speak against the propaganda filled media for actually putting the creators of south park in danger, just so they (the media) could sell some stories and get good ratings, and continue their campaing of poison against the Muslim community.

Ramadhan
04-23-2010, 03:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Blackpool
I seriously doubt your attempt at logical thinking.

1. Has any catholic made it blasphemy to depict pope? In any case, they would be so proud and invite the muslims to the vatican to have dinner with the Pope. Have you actually met any catholic at all? or understood the tenets of their theology? They even made their god in painted rubber complete with blinking lights and singing angels. You can buy them in your nearest mart especially in the run up to the holidays.

2. Muslims are not allowed to create images out of living being, with even much stricter ban on the depiction of prophets pbut, one of the purposes is to avoid and prevent idolatry, so I doubt any muslim would depict pope just out of amusement. Muslims would not do such thing, and ask for the same respect in return.

Maryan0
04-23-2010, 03:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar

2. Muslims are not allowed to create images out of living being, with even much stricter ban on the depiction of prophets pbut, one of the purposes is to avoid and prevent idolatry, so I doubt any muslim would depict pope just out of amusement. Muslims would not do such thing, and ask for the same respect in return.
I agree, We muslims do not write books disrespecting other faiths we do not draw cartoons mocking the religious figures of other faiths we do not spend even a fraction of the time that these people do demeaning Islam disrespecting other faiths. These people have far too much time on their hands. It's pathetic.
Salam

جوري
04-23-2010, 04:03 AM
Maybe it is time we start doing that to their turdy asses.. oh wait.. when Muslims exercise their freedom of speech rights, they put out a warrant on their heads and bomb entire villages..
real humdingers aren't they?

Trumble
04-23-2010, 04:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
everyone else is allowed to complain if they dont like something or feel offended if something they dont like appears on a show/newspaper/magazine.
There is just a 'slight' difference between 'complaining' and death threats.

If you want to avoid 'offence', don't watch South Park - and that applies to far more people than muslims.

format_quote Originally Posted by Lisa0
I agree, We muslims do not write books disrespecting other faiths ...
You've obviously not read Harun Yayha.

CosmicPathos
04-23-2010, 04:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble

If you want to avoid 'offence', don't watch South Park - and that applies to far more people than muslims.

Harun Yahya is not an authority on Islam.

CosmicPathos
04-23-2010, 04:31 AM

Death threats are still milder than the assassinations carried out by the US and Israel.

Donia
04-23-2010, 05:04 AM
South Park is a weird show.
I don't think they have any boundaries on what they will use as their attempts at comedy.

Has anyone seen the movie (years ago)? They even depicted Shaytan and Sadaam Hussein in a disgusting way. This show is just dumb and I just avoid watching it.

On a side note, I think the brother made it very clear that he wasn't issuing a threat, he was merely stating what he intended to do. I'm not saying that I agree with him, but at least he is trying to stick up for what he believes is right.
In my opinion, I say just leave the idiots to their sins and let Allah judge them.

:sl:

aamirsaab
04-23-2010, 08:24 AM
TBH, I've seen worse images on this very forum (courtesy of our long-time friends the trolls) than anything depicted in south park.

Skavau
04-23-2010, 11:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
Yes, they are allowed to complain. Not make threats on people's lives.

I seriously doubt your attempt at logical thinking.

1. Has any catholic made it blasphemy to depict pope? In any case, they would be so proud and invite the muslims to the vatican to have dinner with the Pope. Have you actually met any catholic at all? or understood the tenets of their theology? They even made their god in painted rubber complete with blinking lights and singing angels. You can buy them in your nearest mart especially in the run up to the holidays.

I seriously suspect you have completely missed the point. It does not matter whether or not depiction of Muhammed or the Pope is allowed, what matters is that the fact that these people are making death threats over it.

Skavau
04-23-2010, 11:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Donia
South Park is a weird show.
I don't think they have any boundaries on what they will use as their attempts at comedy.
No they don't. They mock and ridicule everything.

On a side note, I think the brother made it very clear that he wasn't issuing a threat, he was merely stating what he intended to do. I'm not saying that I agree with him, but at least he is trying to stick up for what he believes is right.
In my opinion, I say just leave the idiots to their sins and let Allah judge them.
Oh, so how does that make it any better? He's not making threats, oh no, he specifically means to try and murder people.

Ummu Sufyaan
04-23-2010, 11:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skavau
Yes, they are allowed to complain. Not make threats on people's lives.
that wasn't what i was referring to. i want replying in regards to Pygoscelis post

when something is targeted at us, everyone tells us to shut up and get over it becuase "so and such target every group and everyone." why is it when it happens to us we are told to shut up and ignore it otherwise it will just draw more attention whereas this isnt the case for others. would this be the case for others who got targeted?

Skavau
04-23-2010, 12:06 PM
when something is targeted at us, everyone tells us to shut up and get over it becuase "so and such target every group and everyone." why is it when it happens to us we are told to shut up and ignore it otherwise it will just draw more attention whereas this isnt the case for others. would this be the case for others who got targeted?
Well I certainly do not say that. It is your right to complain if you like. Those who state that you (and Muslims in general) should be quiet and ignore it likely do so in the context of presuming that threats of violence are laced and absolute demands are made.

But, it is up to you. When Christians complained about Monty Python it bought more attention to it. When they complained about Jerry Springer: The Opera, the same also happened.

Supreme
04-23-2010, 03:18 PM
The death threateners must possess an IQ below room temperature to watch South Park in the first place. Even I find some of the content grossly offensive against religion, and I'm not offended very easily at all. So I generally stay away from the programme.

S_87
04-23-2010, 03:46 PM
You guys do realize that threats like this only makes people like the makers of SouthPark (and myself) want to stand up to such bully threats and do the opposite of what is demanded, right?
why go down that road at all? whos the bully? the person who is purposely insults and taunts? or the person who stands up for themselves?
muslims would NEVER do that to Jesus peace be upon him. the pope is not in line with Muhammed peace and blessings be upon him, so im using jesus pbuh....non muslims regularly insult muslim scholars and we dont see this outcry...

Missinglinks
04-23-2010, 04:14 PM
Bismillah alhamdolillah

those who argue that this is not insulting and muslims shouldn't complain...

see this movie, it says enough, more than enough... see it to the end

islamirama
04-23-2010, 04:18 PM
No they don't. They mock and ridicule everything..
Everybody but the jews, it seems they are off limits lest you be called anti-semetic, forced to apology on tv, pay ransom and what not!

Ramadhan
04-23-2010, 04:36 PM
I seriously suspect you have completely missed the point. It does not matter whether or not depiction of Muhammed or the Pope is allowed, what matters is that the fact that these people are making death threats over it.
I am certain that you have become Blackpool's mouthpiece, which is might as well as I seriously suspect your braincells are not working in this case.

Here's what Blakpool wrote:

He wants to show that such case could hypothetically happen but with roles reversed, and I refuted him and provided facts in doing so.

Meanwhile, all you did is scream "look! some moslem issued death threats! it's not fair!"

You might want to have a look at statistics how many muslims have been killed senselessly by western governments and then come back here to have a more fair perspectives.

aadil77
04-23-2010, 04:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
Everybody but the jews, it seems they are off limits lest you be called anti-semetic, forced to apology on tv, pay ransom and what not!
yh these jews have their own anti-semitsm laws in place

Ramadhan
04-23-2010, 04:46 PM
No they don't. They mock and ridicule everything.

Oh, so how does that make it any better? He's not making threats, oh no, he specifically means to try and murder people.
Now they have learned that not everything is a material to mock and ridicule.
Well, at least not without some repercussions.

Just because all people of other religions are meek and willing to see their religions get trashed, it does not mean that they can do that to Islam.

جوري
04-23-2010, 04:47 PM
It is called the anti-defamation league.. google it.. you can only defame a Jew, but apparently not Muslims!

:w:

Supreme
04-23-2010, 05:45 PM
South Park has included offensive depictions of Moses, has it not? How on Earth can you claim it hasn't insulted Jews when it's portrayed Moses in a satirical light! As a matter of fact, a whole episode was dedicated to insulting Judaism...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewbilee

Jewbilee" is the ninth episode of the third season and 40th overall episode of the animated television series South Park. The final part of The Meteor Shower Trilogy, the episode described what happened to Kyle and Kenny, who both went to a Jewish Scouting camp, on the night of the meteor shower. The episode satirized misconceptions of Judaism [1] and originally aired on July 28, 1999.
I would say that I hate it when I'm right, but frankly, I don't.

جوري
04-23-2010, 06:34 PM
I don't watch south park. I don't know who they portray I do know that the show is created by scientologists or there are constant references to scientology .. I think the entire show is in very bad taste, not sure who would watch it unless beavis and butthead type individuals .. whatever the case, it has received more attention that it deserves which I suspect is what low lives resort to when all else fails.. all these shows like family guy and ugly americans etc are just so disgusting, I don't know why there is no censorship, I think they should be made akin to porn, either on special channels where you have to pay or at some hour of the night where normal folks with paying jobs don't pay it much heed.. there is no point in such shows unless it is to get a reaction pure and simple..

I saw by accident a show once where bert and ernie from sesame street were turned into homosexuals and the dialogue was unbelievable and it is really sad to turn beloved childhood characters into such an abomination even if for a laugh.. I think the folks who make such shows are akin to animals, they were probably raised on the streets and as such can't uplift themselves to handle and deal with the rest of society but fancy themselves really clever or non-conformists or whatever term they convince themselves of to feel better about what they do.

Most folks outgrow the stupidities of their teen years, but these people like to persist in their bullying and stupidity and we should let them.. I really don't want anyone to pay them much attention anymore than they would a two dollar common street wh ore

KAding
04-23-2010, 07:00 PM
I agree, We muslims do not write books disrespecting other faiths we do not draw cartoons mocking the religious figures of other faiths we do not spend even a fraction of the time that these people do demeaning Islam disrespecting other faiths. These people have far too much time on their hands. It's pathetic.
Salam
I would respectfully have to disagree. I see very little respect for unbelievers in the Qu'ran.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". Unfortunately, on this matter neither the Qu'ran, countless Muslims or the creators of South Park are without sin.

cat eyes
04-23-2010, 07:11 PM
south park crosses all limits even they go as far as taking the piss out of mentally handicap people i use to watch it before i was practicing but even then i still felt there was alot of inappropriate stuff in it. very perverted stuff

جوري
04-23-2010, 07:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
I would respectfully have to disagree. I see very little respect for unbelievers in the Qu'ran.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". Unfortunately, on this matter neither the Qu'ran, countless Muslims or the creators of South Park are without sin.
funny you should quote that:

That is what Misquoting Jesus is about, and I talk a little about it in the new book, Jesus, Interrupted, that we don't have any of the originals of the New Testament. What we have are copies made later, usually centuries later, and these copies are all different from each other, sometimes in big ways, most of the time in little ways. We have thousands of these manuscripts, but these thousands of manuscripts have hundreds of thousands of differences in them. A lot of them are just misspelled words that don't matter much, if anything, but there are big differences too. There are some entire passages that were inserted or omitted in one manuscript or another.
For example, the story in which Mary Magdalene is about to be stoned by the crowd until Jesus intervenes and says, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."
It's an interesting story. Later tradition identified her as Mary Magdalene, but actually the story doesn't. This is a mistake people make because in all the Jesus movies, she's Mary Magdalene. But she's an unnamed woman who gets caught in the act of adultery. So yeah, "Let the one who is without sin be the first to cast a stone at her." This entire story, a beautiful story that in some ways you could argue is the favorite story of people who read the Gospels, wasn't in the Gospels. It's only found in the Gospel of John, and it's not found in the earliest and best manuscripts of John. So scholars for hundreds of years have known that it wasn't part of John, it was a story that was added later by scribes because it's found only in our later manuscripts.
That's a big one.
http://www.indyweek.com/indyweek/com...nt?oid=1214629

made up history, made up Gospels, made up decency, made up propriety, made up goodness made up (fill in the blank) and justify stupidity!

Maryan0
04-23-2010, 07:45 PM

what disrespect is there for unbelievers in the quran, if you are a kufar you are a kufar if you willfully disbelieve in islam than your abode will be hell, these are our beliefs in the same way a christian believes that people who disbelieve in their religion will not enter the kingdom of heaven in the same way an athiest believes that we worship a non existent diety. I dont care if you tell me i'll go to hell or that my religion is false because I believe otherwise. That's not disrespect. The point is muslims do not mock the religious figures of other faiths as has been done with our prophet, we dont draw comics that show bestiality or religious figures with bombs on their heads. We do not insult the religious figure of other faiths, criticism and debate or not the same as mockery and insult.

Supreme
04-23-2010, 07:51 PM

Why on Earth are you using a Christian quote to convey your message?

Skavau
04-23-2010, 08:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
why go down that road at all? whos the bully? the person who is purposely insults and taunts? or the person who stands up for themselves?
muslims would NEVER do that to Jesus peace be upon him. the pope is not in line with Muhammed peace and blessings be upon him, so im using jesus pbuh....non muslims regularly insult muslim scholars and we dont see this outcry...
Threatening to kill someone is hardly a proportionate response to being offended, however deeply so.

Skavau
04-23-2010, 08:07 PM
I am certain that you have become Blackpool's mouthpiece, which is might as well as I seriously suspect your braincells are not working in this case.
Anymore personal insults in a thread where Muslims are being outraged about personal insults?

Meanwhile, all you did is scream "look! some moslem issued death threats! it's not fair!"
No, I responded to the apologists for those who threaten violence.

You might want to have a look at statistics how many muslims have been killed senselessly by western governments and then come back here to have a more fair perspectives.
This has nothing to do with the topic.

Skavau
04-23-2010, 08:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
I don't watch south park. I don't know who they portray I do know that the show is created by scientologists or there are constant references to scientology
You're wrong. One of their voice actors (Chef, who was/became/is a Scientologist) left the show in protest when they did a mockery of Scientology.

Skavau
04-23-2010, 08:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
Actually, given that one of the main cast is in a Jewish Family and anti-semetic jokes are made a lot of the time by one of the other main cast - I highly doubt that.

Vito
04-24-2010, 12:21 AM
This is interesting..

http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/arc...w-mohammed-day

Oh yea let me add, read at your own risk.. Some people have no shame.

جوري
04-24-2010, 12:41 AM
You're wrong. One of their voice actors (Chef, who was/became/is a Scientologist) left the show in protest when they did a mockery of Scientology.
it is settled then, the show is run by shameless atheists!

all the best

Lynx
04-24-2010, 01:40 AM
South Park has some good satirical content once you see beneath the 'dumb jokes'.

As others have mentioned South Park makes fun of EVERYONE. They even make fun of atheists. I recall an episode dedicated to making fun of Richard Dawkins so no body can accuse South Park of bias towards any group of people. Heck, in the episode when they went to Afghanistan they even made fun of American culture in comparison to Afghan culture. The Jewish jokes are the best though.

Anyway, South Park is the type of show where they just make fun of everyone in a grossly exaggerated way. Again, there's some satire behind a lot of the episodes which makes the show funny for an audience that is looking for something more than just the 'gross' stuff. That said, to take South Park seriously and issue a death threat is a tad extreme considering how ridiculous some of the stuff on the show is. It's just pointless to feel offended by it. The option is there for people not to watch it and the people who will watch it are the type that don't care about the jokes they air or they are the type that will find something similar elsewhere so there really makes no sense in censoring it.

Zafran
04-24-2010, 01:46 AM
Has south park done something about disrespecting the Holocaust? - thats the real no go area for the shameless world.

Ramadhan
04-24-2010, 06:59 AM
Anymore personal insults in a thread where Muslims are being outraged about personal insults?
which part was it an insult?

No, I responded to the apologists for those who threaten violence.
and I responded to stupid assertion by Blackpool.

This has nothing to do with the topic.
I am exposing hipocrisy.

Ramadhan
04-24-2010, 07:07 AM
Alhamdulillah muslims are still standing up against attempts by atheists and disgusting people who want to debase our prophet SAW and our religion.

Lynx
04-24-2010, 07:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
Has south park done something about disrespecting the Holocaust? - that's the real no go area for the shameless world.
Yes, I recall an episode where Cartman gathers people to exterminate the Jews. He even gathers an army of followers, dresses up as Hitler, and marches down the street doing the Nazi salute. It was the episode where they make fun of the Passion of the Christ movie. Funny stuff. See, South Park is all about making fun of everyone. It isn't anything personal to Muslims, it just makes fun of everyone so it's a bit extreme when people wish death on the creators. If people don't like South Park's brand of humor they should not watch it. It's for people who don't get offended easily. And again, when they make fun of things it's almost always so ridiculous you just have to laugh at it or dismiss it as something childish.

Skavau
04-24-2010, 12:39 PM
which part was it an insult?
The part where you declared I had no brain cells.

and I responded to stupid assertion by Blackpool.
Yes, after misrepresenting my agenda for posting in this thread.

I am exposing hipocrisy.
And what hypocrisy would that be? I do not endorse the killing of muslims by western governments as you claim, so there is none.

جوري
04-24-2010, 01:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lynx
South Park has some good satirical content once you see beneath the 'dumb jokes'.

watch fraiser if you want satire of a certain degree.. one shouldn't have to dig through a heap of dung to find a morsel!

all the best

Ramadhan
04-24-2010, 01:57 PM
The part where you declared I had no brain cells.
Excuse me!
That is a lie. Show me where I declare you have no brain cells.
That would be absurd.

Yes, after misrepresenting my agenda for posting in this thread.
you were misrepresenting Blackpool's post.

And what hypocrisy would that be? I do not endorse the killing of muslims by western governments as you claim, so there is none.
Hard to believe, judging by posts you made in this forum.

Skavau
04-24-2010, 02:00 PM

Excuse me!
That is a lie. Show me where I declare you have no brain.
"I am certain that you have become Blackpool's mouthpiece, which is might as well as I seriously suspect your braincells are not working in this case."

Rather ironic on a thread where people are getting outraged over insults.

you were misrepresenting Blackpool's post.
I wasn't even responding to or adding anything onto Blackpool's post. That is your presumption. I actually replied to you.

Hard to believe, judging by posts you made in this forum.
Please point them out.

Pygoscelis
04-24-2010, 02:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
it is settled then, the show is run by shameless atheists!

all the best
Sorry but no. They've ridiculed atheism too.

Pygoscelis
04-24-2010, 02:55 PM
what disrespect is there for unbelievers in the quran, if you are a kufar you are a kufar if you willfully disbelieve in islam than your abode will be hell, these are our beliefs in the same way a christian believes that people who disbelieve in their religion will not enter the kingdom of heaven in the same way an athiest believes that we worship a non existent diety.
On that level, I think it is fair to say that dismissing (even ridiculing) another's beliefs as fiction is vastly different from endorsing and worshiping a God that tortures those who hold other beliefs.

Pygoscelis
04-24-2010, 02:57 PM
what disrespect is there for unbelievers in the quran, if you are a kufar you are a kufar if you willfully disbelieve in islam than your abode will be hell, these are our beliefs in the same way a christian believes that people who disbelieve in their religion will not enter the kingdom of heaven in the same way an athiest believes that we worship a non existent diety.
On that level, I think it is fair to say that dismissing other's beliefs as fiction (thinking your God doesn't exist) is vastly different from invening, endorsing, or worshiping a God that tortures those who hold other beliefs.

جوري
04-24-2010, 03:02 PM
They've ridiculed atheism too.
good! Now what would you like-- applause?

all the best

Ramadhan
04-24-2010, 04:50 PM
"I am certain that you have become Blackpool's mouthpiece, which is might as well as I seriously suspect your braincells are not working in this case."
Where in that sentence do I declare you have no braincells?

ironically, this only proves my sentence above.

:shade:

Rather ironic on a thread where people are getting outraged over insults.
rather ironic that you accuse me of saying things which were never there to begin with, and regard it as an insult.

I wasn't even responding to or adding anything onto Blackpool's post. That is your presumption. I actually replied to you.
you decided to jump in and replied to my post which I wrote in reply to Blackpool's post. And you totally missed the point.

Please point them out.
Oh good, i can't wait for you to write anything in the worlds affair section, writing posts in outrage defending the millions of muslims who were actually killed by the western government, instead of just being threatened with killing, just like when you get your panties all twisted in this thread telling the muslims to just chill when the prophet SAW is ridiculed.

M..x
04-24-2010, 05:00 PM
What tha freakin hell is an Islamist. LOOOL. Gosh, What next?

Maryan0
04-24-2010, 09:16 PM
On that level, I think it is fair to say that dismissing other's beliefs as fiction (thinking your God doesn't exist) is vastly different from invening, endorsing, or worshiping a God that tortures those who hold other beliefs.
If you dont believe it it should not bother you. What is hell and it's punishments to you in life if you dont even believe in it's existence?

Ramadhan
04-25-2010, 05:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
Has south park done something about disrespecting the Holocaust? - thats the real no go area for the shameless world.
I agree.

They would not dare to touch the blinding truth:

1. hyperinflated number of jews killed by Nazis
2. occupation and murder of civilians by Israel in Palestine

lest they be fired by their jews-owned studio.

Lynx
04-25-2010, 05:40 AM
I agree.

They would not dare to touch the blinding truth:

1. hyperinflated number of jews killed by Nazis
2. occupation and murder of civilians by Israel in Palestine

lest they be fired by their jews-owned studio.
They make fun of Jews the most. They make fun of everyone. I indicated the episode that parodied the holocaust in a previous post. So much for your conspiracy theory. Oh and if you really want some Jew humor then South Park IS the show to watch. They have some pretty funny Jew Jokes :)

Ramadhan
04-25-2010, 05:44 AM
They make fun of Jews the most. They make fun of everyone. I indicated the episode that parodied the holocaust in a previous post. So much for your conspiracy theory. Oh and if you really want some Jew humor then South Park IS the show to watch. They have some pretty funny Jew Jokes :)
I never said they never made jokes about the jews. Did you actually read what I wrote?

Show me an episode where SP made jokes about jews who hyper-inflated the number of jews killed by Nazi, and show me an episode where they made jokes about Israelis who take away lands from palestinians and then murdered palestinian children and woman.

Lynx
04-25-2010, 07:30 AM
I never said they never made jokes about the jews. Did you actually read what I wrote?

Show me an episode where SP made jokes about jews who hyper-inflated the number of jews killed by Nazi, and show me an episode where they made jokes about Israelis who take away lands from palestinians and then murdered palestinian children and woman.
You agreed with the following: "Has south park done something about disrespecting the Holocaust? - thats the real no go area for the shameless world."

My response contradicts that particular statement. So do you agree or disagree that south park has made fun of the holocaust? If you meant to agree with something else then you should correct your post and remove the quotation, which I have shown to be completely false, and input the correct quotation that you were agreeing to.

Second, if there was a fear of being fired by their "Jew owned studio" then why haven't they been fired so far for all the hundreds of Jew jokes all the time? I'll give you a hint, there is no Jewish bias controlling over what South Park airs.

Third, I don't know where you're getting 'hyper-inflated' from.

Fourth, I have only seen a few episodes of South Park but as far as I know they haven't made any parodies of the Mid-East conflict. They can't make an episode out of every conflict in the world. They pick only the ones that the average viewer cares about (i.e., well-known conflicts affecting the average viewer: Iraq, Afghanistan wars). So why would they? They might in the future but clearly the lack of has nothing to do about any bias towards Jews since the Jews are the primary racial target of South Park :):) Lol. It's probably not a conflict the average viewer really cares about anymore than they would care about the atrocities committed under some African regimes.

Skavau
04-25-2010, 09:03 AM

Has South Park done an episode about Holocaust Deniers? I don't know, but do click here. I have no idea about whether they have done one on the Palestinian conflict.

Ramadhan
04-25-2010, 02:52 PM
You agreed with the following: "Has south park done something about disrespecting the Holocaust? - thats the real no go area for the shameless world."

My response contradicts that particular statement. So do you agree or disagree that south park has made fun of the holocaust? If you meant to agree with something else then you should correct your post and remove the quotation, which I have shown to be completely false, and input the correct quotation that you were agreeing to.
I don't see how the episode that you were referring to can be constituted as "disrespecting the holocaust". In any case, the episode only reinforces the idea that the holocaust was extremely horrible.

As I said, I didn't say SP never made jews jokes. Jews are never adverse in making jokes about themselves, degrading their religions, debasing their prophets, etc if it means they can turn some profit out of it.
They would even milk their misfortunes and force other nations to pay for it, such as what happen with the holocaust and Israel.

However, they would not make jokes about something that potentially expose their lies. Such as what is actually and accurately happening during the holocaust and in Palestine.
There is ample evidence of academics getting fired, politicians getting vilified from saying that holocaust victim numbers is hyperinflated and that the state of Israel breaks all kind of international laws.
The zionists would mercilessly punish anyone who contradict them in the issue of the holocaust and palestine.

the issue here is if SP has ridiculed something that the jews considered scared, like the true accounts of holocaust and the palestine.
You know, if SP created episodes where they paint muslims as terrorists, I guarantee you that no one will issue any death threats.
Muslims love and respect the prophet SAW and it is our duty to defend his honor. on top of that depiction of the prophet SAW is completely haram.
SP knew all this and decided to make a cartoon of our beloved prophet SAW AND ridiculed him.

Second, if there was a fear of being fired by their "Jew owned studio" then why haven't they been fired so far for all the hundreds of Jew jokes all the time? I'll give you a hint, there is no Jewish bias controlling over what South Park airs.
please refer to the above.

Third, I don't know where you're getting 'hyper-inflated' from.
Seriously, you never heard that there have been researches done that showed that the number of holocaust victims are grossly inflated by the holocaust industry??

Fourth, I have only seen a few episodes of South Park but as far as I know they haven't made any parodies of the Mid-East conflict. They can't make an episode out of every conflict in the world. They pick only the ones that the average viewer cares about (i.e., well-known conflicts affecting the average viewer: Iraq, Afghanistan wars). So why would they? They might in the future but clearly the lack of has nothing to do about any bias towards Jews since the Jews are the primary racial target of South Park :):) Lol. It's probably not a conflict the average viewer really cares about anymore than they would care about the atrocities committed under some African regimes.
I am not US citizen but even I know that middle east is the single most important foreign affairs issue for the US government.
Israel is the largest recipient of US foreign aid from 1950s until 2003, its citizens even received more federal aid per capita that US citizens.
Every administrations has provided special envoy and special unit and so much resources to meddle in the middle east. And why hasn't average american citizens received fair and accurate coverage of the middle east? Ask the US media which are mostly controlled by the jewish lobby.

Masuma
04-25-2010, 07:56 PM
:bism:

Retaliation is natural and is totally justified in this case

BUT

Not in the manner of that Muslim brother (by giving threats to the owners).

It could’ve been done in the most sensible and EFFECTIVE ways like doing it “officially” in a peaceful manner.

Collective Muslim efforts:

1. Millions of Muslims throughout the world could have hold peaceful demonstrations and could’ve demanded their respective governments to make the owners of the show apologize for this atrocious crime.
  2. Muslim media could’ve broadcasted that “how” it was very wrong and blasphemous of them insulting our Prophet :saws1: (as we Muslims are extremely sensitive in his case. Alhamdollilah!)
  3. We could’ve requested the owners of the show to AT LEAST stop making fun of religious figures and to keep their “insults” limited to the politicians, celebrities etc.

Individual Muslim efforts:

1. Muslim forums, websites and personal blogs could’ve voiced Muslim opinions openly and it could’ve been accessible to every internatican (own made term meaning a member of the internet world).
  2. We could’ve asked our friends and family members to boycott such shows and this would’ve led to only a small turnout of audience (as the whole world can’t be made of shameless people!)

But seems like we are not that lucky! :(

I don’t doubt that brother’s intentions but his step has now put many of the “innocent” Muslim websites and forums in danger. See here!

Islam is Peace, Allah loves Peace and so we Muslims should always try to find peaceful ways of solving a problem!

Masuma
04-25-2010, 07:59 PM
FOR GOD’S SAKE PEOPLE!

Don’t you see this anti-islamic propaganda of depicting Muslims as terrorists, violent and INTOLERENT???

They lure us into their trap and some Muslims are easily fooled. Such type of threats would only make matters worse! First this show might not have been widely watched but now after this “threat”, the viewers number is bound to increase (…you see, curiosity is a big thing!)
Instead of defaming this show, we’ve made it more popular. Now it would receive more advertisements which would lead to it’s even more wide broadcast, it would gain more audience and so again more advertisements and so the vicious cycle would begin and would only end when Allah would destroy it completely!
Now those Muslims who support this brother’s action, (if there are any here) can you give me any references from the Quran or hadith of the Prophet (who was sent as a Mercy for the worlds) where it say that kill the other person even if there is a peaceful ways of solving the problem???
Our beloved Prophet always used the most peaceful, effective and ingenious ways to solve a problem and so should we.
You must have read in the rules of the IB forum that posting links of anti-islamic sites is not allowed as it would only increase traffic to these websites. Don’t you think this rule should also be applied for such matters? Instead of making such shows more famous by our “threats”, we should try to neutralize such anti-islamic propaganda by using peaceful ways.

I love you all my dear Muslim brothers and sisters! May Allah make us a true Muslim Ummah!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!