/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Nissan develops paint that repairs scratches

islamirama
04-23-2010, 12:28 AM
Nissan develops world's first clear paint that repairs scratches on car surfaces

Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., has developed the world’s first clear paint that repairs scratches on painted car surfaces, including scratches from car-washing machines, off-road driving and fingernails.

“Scratch Guard Coat” contains a newly developed high elastic resin that helps prevent scratches from affecting the inner layers of a car’s painted surface. With “Scratch Guard Coat” a car’s scratched surface will return to its original state anywhere from one day to a week, depending on temperature and the depth of the scratch.

The water-repellant paint also has a higher resistance to scratches compared with conventional clear paints. A vehicle painted with “Scratch Guard Coat” will have only one-fifth the abrasions caused by a car-washing machine compared with a car covered with conventional clear paint. Scratches from car-washing machines account for the majority of scratches to painted car surfaces.

“Scratch Guard Coat” is effective for about three years.

“Scratch Guard Coat” will be applied for the first time on an SUV model that is scheduled for a partial makeover in the near future. The paint will be applied to the car’s chassis, bumpers, door mirrors, among other parts.

http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/NEWS/2005/_STORY/051202-01-e.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
04-24-2010, 02:14 PM
If I have that car, I will not tell my friends if my car has special paint.

They must be want to do some tests.

Güven
04-24-2010, 02:27 PM
Just what my car needs! :D

Cabdullahi
04-24-2010, 02:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
Just what my car needs! :D
Why would your toy car need this?!?!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pygoscelis
04-24-2010, 03:04 PM
I'm Canadian. Do you think this paint will stain my dogsled team's fur?

syilla
04-29-2010, 08:36 AM
wow cool...did they explain where the paint is made off ?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!