/* */

PDA

View Full Version : tooth vaneers

muslimgirl12
04-23-2010, 07:16 AM
Hello -

I was wondering if tooth vaneers in islam are ok

I had two fitted in 2 years ago because i had two small teeth which looked funny and i felt uncompfortable smiling so i had them - i had no idea and didnt even think about them being haraam, and now im sacred (what have i done)

If this is the case i dont know what to do as they cut one ofmy teeth before replacing them -

are they haraam or not ???

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-23-2010, 02:56 PM
Aslaamu alaaykum..
hmm im not sure what they are, but il let more knowledgable bros and sisters reply to you on that indeed! :)

muslimgirl12
04-23-2010, 03:43 PM
they are basically like Caps -( they make a new tooth for you and stick it on) please help advise me as this is stressing me out - i only got them cos i wanted my teeth to be all the same lenght and now i think it may be haraam even though its too late :(

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-23-2010, 06:03 PM
Is it like when your old teeth have gone and you can get new ones in? well i see if there is a benefit with them such ,having the gap prevents you from eating your food then i think its okay to have them in, but if doesnt them im not so sure... and i dont want to go to a conclusion but with everything in Islaam there is surely ease in it..
Just wait InshaAllaah for another Sister or Brother to pass on better advice...hmm check this out, hope it helps you out sis :)

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/82647/Teeth....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
muslimgirl12
04-23-2010, 10:40 PM
On that site it says its haraam to change the lenght which i did - as i wanted the two small teeth to be the same size as the other and so i put vaneers on -
I didnt know it was haraam at the time when i did it - will i still be sinned for it?

any advise on what to do as the dentist cut one of my teeth before puting on the new tooth but didnt cut the other one
so i cant remove one as my origanl tooth is way to small and if i take the other off which she didnt cut my teeth will look very weird

any someone please shed some light???

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-23-2010, 10:47 PM
Aslaamu alaaykum sis

if you didnt know at the time you did it, then i dont think its counted as a sin, but now that you do know, its best you repent and make dua...
i dont think many can answer, since nobody seems to have replied, or maybe they hvent seen this thread but InshaAllah i will try get back to you sis ...InshaAllaah
Wa alaaykum salaam

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-23-2010, 10:50 PM
Actually you can post your question and they will get back to you sis..go to "Send a question" on the side bar..and put your details and InshaAllaah hope that helps!

Ummu Sufyaan
04-24-2010, 07:08 AM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimgirl12
they are basically like Caps -( they make a new tooth for you and stick it on) please help advise me as this is stressing me out - i only got them cos i wanted my teeth to be all the same lenght and now i think it may be haraam even though its too late :(
i dont know what the ruling is, but isn't better that when such a thing befalls us (as long as it doesn't denote any health problems) that instead of trying to change it, then to learn how to appreciate how Allah has created us and not get unnecessarily worried? so you get your teeth fixed, then you will probably notice that they need more whiting then you get them whitened and the list goes on. you will find that your standards will keep going up and there wont be anywhere where you are satisfied.

if we rush out and try perfect ourselves every time we noticed "bad" about ourselves, then we just get "distracted" by what it actually does for us.

we need to learn how to appreciate ourselves and not "submit" to the obsessive mentality that we are taught to get conditioned to, through tv, media, etc. ignore that stuff and just learn how to be content.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!