/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Namaz

Lonely Gal
04-24-2010, 11:32 AM
Salaam all,
I was with my friends recently, one who has recently started prayer, which is great. However when we were explaining to another friend how to read namaz, she said she only read the short version ie only 4 farz for Asr and farz, nafil and vitr for Esha..
Now i've always believed that the namaz came with its full structure for a reason, i.e all the sunnat, farz nafil etc . This is the correct way to read namaz, and only if one is busy must they cut it down so I've always read all the namaz in its correct form.
But my friend reads the short version all the time as shes tired. Now is this permissible?
She said that her relatives have been namazi for a very long time and they read it like that so its ok, and i couldnt comment cos ive only been praying properly for a few yrs..
Can someone give me advice on this situation and anything in writing that i send to my friend to explain if this short version is incorrect?

thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
04-24-2010, 01:43 PM
Excuse me sister,

can you explain in more detail, what do you mean with short version ?.

أبو سليمان عمر
04-24-2010, 01:54 PM
we are obligated to pray 5 times a day 17 rakat 2 fajr 4 dhur 4 asr 3 magrib 4 isha
the sunnah and nawfil such as 2 before fajr 4 before dhur 2 after etc 3 witr and what not is not obligated but is very good to do the reward is great and it is not smart to miss out on the reward such as

the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever prays twelve rak’ahs during the night and day, a house will be built for him in Paradise: four before Zuhr and two after, two rak’ahs after Maghrib, two rak’ahs after ‘Isha’ and two rak’ahs before Fajr prayer.”
Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, no. 380; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 6362.
and about the witr are many but give this to ur friend
QUESTION :
What is your advice to someone who has stopped praying the Sunnah prayers in the daytime and does not pray anything at night?

ANSWER by Shaykh Muhammad ‘Umar Baazmool, instructor at Umm Al-Quraa University in Makkah

There is nothing more outstanding as advice than the hadeeth of the Messenger (sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam), when he said:

"The very first thing a servant will be asked about on the Day of Judgement is the prayer. If it is found to be deficient, then it will be said, ‘Doesn’t he have any optional prayers?’ If it is found that he has optional prayers, then they will fill the void, and thus his prayers will be accepted, and the rest of his deeds will also be accepted." [1]

And the Messenger (sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam) was asked about a dream that Ibn Umar had, so he (sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam) said:

"What a good man ‘Abdullaah ibn Umar is, so long as he prays at night." [2]

So then consistently praying the optional prayers, the most important of them being the Witr prayer and the (12) Sunnahs throughout the day and night, is from the most important of all affairs to the Muslim. This is because you, O Muslim, by way of them, compensate for the lapses found in your obligatory prayers.

And the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam) clarified in a hadeeth that a man may pray but he may only be credited with half of it, another may pray but only be credited with one third of it, and another may pray but only be credited with one fourth of it… [3]

The meaning is that it often occurs that the people have shortcomings in their prayers, while it is obligatory to offer them, completing them perfectly. So have you actually offered all of your prayers completely and perfectly according to the Sharee’ah?

So then you must take care to consistently offer optional prayers, you must take care to consistently offer the Witr prayer, you must take care to offer the other optional prayers consistently. It has been related that Imaam Ahmad said about the one who does not consistently pray the Witr prayer, "He is an evil man, his witness is not to be accepted."

So how could a Muslim who has no work keeping him from his worship become lazy and then abandon these (optional) prayers. No doubt, he has caused himself to lose a great amount of good, and to miss an opportunity to obtain tremendous virtues, while being free to do them and try to keep consistency in offering them.

I ask Allaah to excuse us and him, and to be gracious.

There is a hadeeth of the Messenger (sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam):

"May Allaah have Mercy on the one who offers four (rak’ahs) before ‘Asr prayer." [4]

When you do not pray this prayer, four rak’ahs before the ‘Asr prayer, you have prevented your own self from being included in those whom the Messenger (sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam) supplicated for, those who pray this prayer.

The Messenger (sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam) said:

"Whoever consistanly prays twelve rak’ahs throughout the day and night, a palace will be built for him in Paradise." [5]

When you abandon the rawaatib prayers, and you do not pray these twelve rak’ahs, you have deprived your own self from this virtue.

Most of the optional prayers have great virtues attached to them, described by the Messenger (sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam). So then, O Muslim, how can you lose out, how can you not be concerned about it?

And Allaah knows best.

FOOTNOTES

[1] Collected by At-Tirmithee, Aboo Daawood, An-Nasaa’ee, and others, see Saheeh Al-Jaami’is-Sagheer wa Ziyaadah #2020.

[2] Saheeh Al-Bukhaaree #1122 (3/10 of Fat-hul-Baaree)

[3] see Saheeh Sunan Abee Daawood #796

[4] Saheeh Sunan Abee Daawood #1270

[5] Saheeh Sunan Abee Daawood #1250

غزالی
04-25-2010, 03:30 PM
Five Time Namaz
The five daily prayers consist of

1 - Fard: obligatory prayer

2 - Sunnah: Prophet's tradition
There are two kinds of Sunnah:

i. Sunnat-e-Muakkadah: which is also called Sunan-ul-Huda which is a regular, emphasised practice of the Holy Prophet .Sunnat-e-Muakkadah is the injunction of Shariah which was regularly fulfilled by the Holy Prophet but was occasionally missed so that it might not become obligatory for his Ummah or that act which has been emphasised upon by the Shariah.
These rakats must be offered. (However if missed, there is no makeup or qada for it).
ii. Sunnah Ghair Muakkadah : are sunnahs that Prophet Muhammad, Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam, used to leave sometimes without any reason. These are not obligatory.

3 - Wajib: obligatory prayer (Denying a Fard makes one a non-Muslim but denying a Wajib makes one a sinner. One must make up any missed Fard or Wajib prayers.)

4 - Nafl: voluntary prayer

Namaz Rakaat

Fajr:

2 Sunnah Muakkadah
2 Fard

Zuhr:

4 Sunnah Muakkadah
4 Fard
2 Sunnah Muakkadah
2 Nafl

Asr:

4 Sunnah Ghair Muakkadah
4 Fard

Maghrib:

3 Fard
2 Sunnah Muakkadah
2 Nafl

Isha:

4 Sunnah Ghair Muakkadah
4 Fard
2 Sunnah Muakkadah
2 Nafl
3 Witr
2 Nafl

In chart

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
أبو سليمان عمر
04-25-2010, 04:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hafizsaad
3 - Wajib: obligatory prayer (Denying a Fard makes one a non-Muslim but denying a Wajib makes one a sinner. One must make up any missed Fard or Wajib prayers.)
inshallah you can recheck this as far as i know if a fard is missed with no shariah reason the salah can not be made up if the time of the salah has left

غزالی
04-25-2010, 05:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umar^111
inshallah you can recheck this as far as i know if a fard is missed with no shariah reason the salah can not be made up if the time of the salah has left
Right Brother,
what i have posted mean, If any body has missed the fard or wajib salah and time of that salah has also been passed then he have to made up those salah.
otherwise, it is clear if the salah time has left, he can pray as usual.

أبو سليمان عمر
04-25-2010, 05:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hafizsaad
Right Brother,
what i have posted mean, If any body has missed the fard or wajib salah and time of that salah has also been passed then he have to made up those salah.
otherwise, it is clear if the salah time has left, he can pray as usual.
May ALLAH Bless you with Good akhi Ameen
maybe i still misunderstand you akhi but from what i read in you first and second post means that if a salah has passed and the time has also passed you can make it up if im not mistaking
but anyhow inshallah this will help

Praise be to Allaah.

Whoever omits one or more obligatory prayers with no excuse has to repent to Allaah sincerely, and he does not have to make them up or offer any expiation (kafaarah), because omitting the obligatory prayers deliberately is major kufr, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The covenant that stands between us and them is prayer; whoever gives it up is a kaafir.” Narrated by Ahmad, 22428; al-Tirmidhi, 2621; al-Nasaa’i, 462. And he said: “Between a man and shirk and kufr there stands his giving up prayer.” Narrated by Muslim, 242. There is no expiation for that except sincere repentance. See Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 6/50

Prayer is an act of worship that is to performed at specific times, and whoever does not do an act of worship that is tied to a specific time – such as prayer and fasting – until that time is over, with no excuse, then repents, does not have to make up what he omitted, because this act of worship has been limited by the Lawgiver to the beginning and ending of that time.

Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 1/322.

غزالی
04-25-2010, 05:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umar^111
May ALLAH Bless you with Good akhi Ameen
maybe i still misunderstand you akhi but from what i read in you first and second post means that if a salah has passed and the time has also passed you can make it up if im not mistaking
but anyhow inshallah this will help

Praise be to Allaah.

Whoever omits one or more obligatory prayers with no excuse has to repent to Allaah sincerely, and he does not have to make them up or offer any expiation (kafaarah), because omitting the obligatory prayers deliberately is major kufr, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The covenant that stands between us and them is prayer; whoever gives it up is a kaafir.” Narrated by Ahmad, 22428; al-Tirmidhi, 2621; al-Nasaa’i, 462. And he said: “Between a man and shirk and kufr there stands his giving up prayer.” Narrated by Muslim, 242. There is no expiation for that except sincere repentance. See Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 6/50

Prayer is an act of worship that is to performed at specific times, and whoever does not do an act of worship that is tied to a specific time – such as prayer and fasting – until that time is over, with no excuse, then repents, does not have to make up what he omitted, because this act of worship has been limited by the Lawgiver to the beginning and ending of that time.

Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 1/322.
Brother perhaps you have not listen or read the rulling on Namaz made up or Qaza namaz.

In the hadeeth of Abu Qataadah in Saheeh Muslim (681) there is the story of how the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and his companions slept and missed Fajr prayer when on a journey, and (they did not wake up) until the sun had risen. Abu Qataadah said: “Then Bilaal gave the call to prayer, and the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) prayed two rak’ahs, then he prayed Fajr, and he did the same as he did every day.”

one who delays a prayer until its time is over because of a (legitimate) excuse, such as sleeping or forgetting, he has to perform the prayer as soon as that excuse is no longer in effect, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever forgets a prayer let him offer it as soon as he remembers it , and there is no other expiation but that.” Narrated by Muslim.

Al-Nawawi said: “The same as he used to do every day” indicates that the way in which missed prayers are to be made up is the same way as they would normally be done.

The basic principle according to the scholars is that making up is identical to the original action.

see the following link for fatwa and detail on this topic:

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/cat/93

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503546658

awaiskazmi11
03-24-2011, 07:41 PM
Assalam o alaekum sister , sunnah is very important , i think the brother discussed the rakats above , all are necessary , jazakallah

-------------------------------

If you haven't offered your prayer , please go and offer it , if you don't know how to pray ,

~ Sabr ~
05-02-2012, 07:34 AM
:salamext:

I think brother غزالی has explained it very well, MashaAllaah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!