/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Writer's Block!

Sawdah
04-24-2010, 11:32 PM
:sl:

I've got some serious case of writers's block for my blog.

Have any of you had writer's block ? What do you do to get rid of it?

Jazakallah Khair in advance. :)

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sawdah
04-25-2010, 02:17 AM
Jazakumullah Khair for approving.

Beardo
04-25-2010, 03:04 AM
It happens occasionally. I read or exercise. Those two help alot.

Woodrow
04-25-2010, 03:31 AM

At times we all need a jump start. Some things that can cause a spark and get your mental imagery running.

Read

Get a friend or relative to ask you some random questions

Review something you have already written and see if you can reword it.

Write out your feelings at this moment and reread them in about 30 minutes. Write any changes you notice.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tango92
04-25-2010, 03:57 AM
pushups and sleeping help me whenever i need to work..... come to think of it that doesnt really make sense

Ummu Sufyaan
04-25-2010, 07:54 AM
try rereading what you've already written incase it inspires you. take a break and clear your head and when you come back just write whatever comes to mind, even if you feel it doesn't make sense, just go back later and edit it.

Sawdah
04-25-2010, 05:06 PM
:wasalamex
May Allah swt reward you all with good for the great advises you've given me. I really appreciate it.

InshaAllah, I'm going to re-read my old posts and from there, I hope I have an idea. If not, I'll try out the other advises from here iA.

Jazakumullah Khair for the help once again. :)

PouringRain
04-25-2010, 07:32 PM
Sometimes the best cure for writer's block is to set it aside and come back to it later. Unfortunately, if there are deadlines, this may not always be possible.

Sawdah
04-25-2010, 07:39 PM
^Fortunatly, I have no deadlines.

But I feel bad for not posting anything, it's been a month.

Snowflake
05-01-2010, 07:52 PM
:sl: Umm.. I just put everything away and 'forget about it'. Then suddenly inspiration hits me out the blue and I can start writing again. The worse thing to do is forcing yourself to think. You'll just get more tense and make it worse. Just relax and say, "Ok, I'll get back to you when I feel like it." Your blog won't run away sis. lol :D

Sawdah
05-01-2010, 08:35 PM
^ I would forget that I'm looking for another subject to write about so I don't post anything for months. But you're right, it isn't good if I pressure myself into writing something. You won't get anything out if it. (been there, done that.)

(By the way, alhamdulillah I'm out of my writer's block. If you still got more advises, post away. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has been in writer's block on this forum. Perhaps someone else will also benefit from your advises inshaAllah. May Allah swt reward you all with the best of rewards for all your help.)

Snowflake
05-02-2010, 09:54 AM
:sl: Hamdulillah that's great to hear sis. La hawla wala quwwata illah billah :D

Thank you for making dua for us. May Allah bless you and your work. Ameen :)

Beardo
05-12-2010, 03:25 AM
I think I'm experiencing Author's Block now too. :l

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!