/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Buying food from a used-to-be haram store

Samiun
04-25-2010, 09:12 AM
:sl:,

A few months ago, there was a festival celebrated by the Chinese called the Chinese New Year in my country. During that month, they started selling pork in their super markets/stores. I happen to be one of the customer of a particular store who sold pork during the month and it was packed with a stripe-like plastic bag? I do not know what's the plastic bag called, there's like holes every where. Now that the festival is over, they don't sell pork anymore. Can I still buy food and drinks from that store?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dagless
04-25-2010, 01:57 PM
You'd be hard pressed to find any food shops in the west which do not sell haram things. Unless you want to give up on food I don't think there is any other option.

edit: http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/59870

أبو سليمان عمر
04-25-2010, 02:06 PM
i dont think it matters if they sale haram or not so long as you dont buy the haram

ardianto
04-25-2010, 02:39 PM
:sl:

In one hadith Rasulullah (saw) allow sahabah use cooking ware that was used by non-Muslim to cook non halal food, but sahabah must wash that cooking ware with water before use it.

Nabiel, you can buy meats, vegetables, fruits from that store. Then wash it with water, same like when you wash meats, vegetables, fruits that bought from other stores. But you don't need to wash packed foods or drinks because you don't eat the packs.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!