Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Soulja Girl
04-27-2010, 07:22 PM
:sl:

So romantic :statisfie buh a lil ott! :hiding:

:wa:

marwen
04-27-2010, 09:16 PM
Well I really don't like this exaggerated luxury, mostly in a muslim country :( . I know it's a kind of investment and it brings money to the gulf zone, but is it really needed ?
I think 10% of the money spent on this cr**p can save the life of millions of poor persons, and can help starving children in gaza as well, or even can be spent in scientific reasearch to make the muslim world more advanced. I think Islam recommends modesty and moderation, and all these buildings are totally the opposite of modesty.

Supreme
04-27-2010, 09:28 PM
It looks alright, but Dubai has never appealed to me. Give me Egypt anyday- and, on that note, I think I may be visiting it next year.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Danah
04-27-2010, 09:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
Well I really don't like this exaggerated luxury, mostly in a muslim country :( . I know it's a kind of investment and it brings money to the gulf zone, but is it really needed ?

No! I see it as something over too.

~Raindrop~
04-27-2010, 10:21 PM
Considering the fact that we're supposed to be living as travellers ( which most of us conveniently forget :-\), someone has just VERY lavishly decorated the airport departure lounge for a few minutes of luxury whilst waiting for the plane to arrive.

Ridiculous.

Danah
04-27-2010, 10:28 PM
^ very good wording...it's exactly as you said it!

~Raindrop~
04-27-2010, 10:40 PM
Ah...I can't claim credit for the words I'm afraid :)

One of my Shuyookh once wrote something along those lines. It was the first thing that crossed my mind.

AabiruSabeel
04-28-2010, 02:21 PM
Strain not thine eyes. (Wistfully) at what We have bestowed on certain classes of them, nor grieve over them: but lower thy wing (in gentleness) to the believers.[15:88]

Nor strain thine eyes in longing for the things We have given for enjoyment to parties of them, the splendour of the life of this world, through which We test them: but the provision of thy Lord is better and more enduring. [20:131]

Is it they who would portion out the Mercy of thy Lord? It is We Who portion out between them their livelihood in the life of this world: and We raise some of them above others in ranks, so that some may command work from others. But the Mercy of thy Lord is better than the (wealth) which they amass.
And were it not that (all) men might become of one (evil) way of life, We would provide, for everyone that blasphemes against (Allah) Most Gracious, silver roofs for their houses and (silver) stair-ways on which to go up,
And (silver) doors to their houses, and thrones (of silver) on which they could recline,
And also adornments of gold. But all this were nothing but conveniences of the present life: The Hereafter, in the sight of thy Lord is for the Righteous. [43:32-35]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!