/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Let's make the biggest number of users online !

marwen
04-27-2010, 10:29 PM
Assalamu Aalaykom wrwb.

Hope you all having a good time !

Well, I had this idea after the forum had some changes and some problems (now it's all right alhamdulillah), and we all realised that the number of users online is much fewer than it used to be.
So I suggest that we login together in the same time at a predefined date/time and stay in the forum for an hour (at least). Thus, we can gather a maximum number of users online in the forum.

The advantages/objectives of this idea are :

1) to bring again the members of the forum and may be we repeat this experience many time so the number of users will increase.

2) show the admins of the forum that we appreciate the effort they're doing (even if they make us upset sometimes :D)

3) a big number of users at the same time can realise a big benefit to the forum by sharing a maximum number of ideas/posts at the same time.

4) make the members more used to meet together with big numbers, and may be that increases the average number of users per day.

5) to have fun ;D

So I suggest that the meeting will be this Tursday 29th April 2010 and can be repeated another time on Sunday 2nd May 2010 (if the first time is not very successful).

The gathering will be on 20:00 GMT (so find the time corresponding to your place) on Thursday, and repeated at the same time on Sunday.

All you have to do is to log in the forum and stay online for an hour.

I added a poll to this thread to see if the idea is successful or not. So you may vote for the idea :
a) Yes, you agree with the idea and you will participate.
b) No, the idea is stupid and useless

May be one of the admins can help by sending e-mails about this idea to the users who are not seeing this thread .

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
04-27-2010, 11:45 PM
I think when the forum is back to normal - with the new old skin, then I think the admin can send an email out to everyone about the update and people might decide to come back

marwen
04-27-2010, 11:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
I think when the forum is back to normal - with the new old skin, then I think the admin can send an email out to everyone about the update and people might decide to come back
Yeah, true that can bring them back too.

PouringRain
04-28-2010, 11:48 AM
I probably shouldn't.... but I stay logged in even when I am not here. Does it show up that I am logged in even when my browser is closed? Anyhow, I only mentioned that to say that if you do this then I am here.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
marwen
04-28-2010, 05:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PouringRain
I probably shouldn't.... but I stay logged in even when I am not here. Does it show up that I am logged in even when my browser is closed?
lol :D I'm not sure I understand how that works, but that will be good as long as you stay logged in even when the browser is closed.

glo
04-28-2010, 05:53 PM
Hi marwen

If you are after the maximum number of members, you might want to check which part of the world most members live - and then set the time accordingly.
For example, my guess is that many people here are in the UK, and many are younger members. 0:00 GMT equates to 1:00 in the morning - you are not going to catch many UK'lers then ...
It might be a good time for the US (late afternoon or early evening), but you will not catch Europe.

I suggest you try and find a time which is accessible and manageable for as many forum members as possible ...

marwen
04-28-2010, 06:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Hi marwen

If you are after the maximum number of members, you might want to check which part of the world most members live - and then set the time accordingly.
For example, my guess is that many people here are in the UK, and many are younger members. 0:00 GMT equates to 1:00 in the morning - you are not going to catch many UK'lers then ...
It might be a good time for the US (late afternoon or early evening), but you will not catch Europe.

I suggest you try and find a time which is accessible and manageable for as many forum members as possible ...
Thank you glo, that's really a good point. Actually I made a suggestion of the time : I thought 00:00 GMT will be in the middle of the world, so people befor GMT (evening) and the others after GMT (morning) will be able to connect. But it's just a suggestion and we can change it.
Now as you reminded me that the big part of us are from UK, so may be we should make it more suitable for UK residents with respecting the time of the other countries. we have a number of memers from asia too.

May be we should make it at the evening in UK. I guess 20:00 GMT is good (it will be late night in USA too), what do you think ?

marwen
04-29-2010, 12:58 AM
Ok I guess we have to change the time a little bit. It will be 20:00 GMT instead of 00:00. That's because, as sister glo mentioned, a lot of members are from UK and it's hard for them to connect at 00:00 GMT (~01:00), and that's what I saw this night. So the new time is 20:00 GMT Thursday (tomorrow). Hope it's convenient for the majority of people here. I will put this in the main post.

But now I need your votes to see if the idea is successful or not.

glo
04-30-2010, 07:56 AM
Marwen, I noticed that the most users ever online so far were 510, on 07-10-2009 at 09:39 PM. Many of those may have been guests.
(I wonder what happened on that day to attract such a high number. It was past Ramadan and Eid, so that can't have been the reason ...)

So it's a HUGE number you are trying to beat!
You will certainly have to spread the word and rally people round before you have the chance of breaking a new record.

Perhaps using one of the festivals, such as Ramadan or Eid, might increase your chances of attracting a lot of people. How about an online Eid gathering? (I'd join and break the fast with you all! :))

Good luck! :)

marwen
04-30-2010, 08:14 AM
Yeah good Idea ! :D, but the probem is the message won't reach all the members. only online memebers can see it and not for long.
And I couldn't afford to pm all the members here.

concerning the 510, I think it was the admin who sent them automatic e-mails, so they come at the same time lol.
I think it's hard to beat that number. I just want the forum to be more crowded to have more ideas and more benefit.

Sawdah
04-30-2010, 09:14 PM
The big day was yesterday right? Did it go as planned?

marwen
04-30-2010, 10:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seekerofjannah
The big day was yesterday right? Did it go as planned?
No unfortunately it wasn't so successful. May be we should have an event or something in order to get more members.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Good try!. . .i guess it didnt work :-\

'Abd Al-Maajid
04-04-2011, 03:02 AM
Most users ever online was 905, 4 Days Ago at 06:08 PM.

Beardo
04-04-2011, 03:31 AM
FYI, I did not sponsor or even know about any of these initiatives. Just an FYI, lol.

Woodrow
04-06-2011, 12:42 PM
If at any moment you look at the number of users here you will see that at most only 10% are members. the greatest numbers seem to come from people doing google searches. so to increase the numbers we need people to start more significant threads that will push us to the top page in google searches,

So what we need to do is do a google search on any topic. If IB does not show on the first page, start a good thread about the topic.

Notice if you do a google search for top Islamic forums. We show up very high.

However if you do a google search for Aardvarks, we do not show at all:

So it is now obvious that to get a high user count on a specific day we all need to make significant posts about Aardvarks

'Abd Al-Maajid
02-10-2012, 12:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Ya7ya
Most users ever online was 1232, 3 Days Ago at 07:09 AM.
And no one noticed that, how ironic.

ardianto
02-10-2012, 12:59 PM
Welcome to forum, brother Baidu spider, enjoy your stay here.

(he visit us many hundreds time in a day, everyday) ;D

Endymion
02-10-2012, 01:19 PM
My option.

Great idea but im too busy to be a part of it :hmm:

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
02-11-2012, 06:38 PM
hrm that's interesting... I can try to visit more often. :)

AabiruSabeel
12-23-2012, 09:52 PM
:sl:

We just made a new record for most online users 4 hours ago.

Most users ever online was 3022, 4 Hours Ago at 08:42 PM.

Cabdullahi
12-23-2012, 10:14 PM
Cabdullahi got exposed there

Amat Allah
03-21-2013, 08:01 PM
Most users ever online was 8065, 23 Hours Ago at 11:34 PM.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!