/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tips on reading and memorizing?

Samiun
04-28-2010, 10:31 AM
:sl:, could any brother/sister here in this forum give me some tips or technique in reading? I have been reading quite a few fatwas since I began to find interest on 'music is haram'. As my curiosity deepen I now find it quite hard to remember something in a book or a fatwa. It's true, if I had been given an order to do something like an hour ago I would forget it instantly. The next thing I know I had a 'hunch' that I have forgotten something and hours(some where around 5-10) later I would remember the 'order' but then I would forget it again. I really need help, I am not even at an age where I'm suppose to forget things easily..

Lastly, it took me days(and still trying) to memorize 'Dua Qunut' for fajr...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
marwen
04-28-2010, 01:24 PM
Concerning memorizing, I think there is a thread in the forum about ways to strengthen memory, I think it's this :
Ways To Strengthen One’s Memory

I can give you a tip about memorizing, I heared it from one experienced Sheikh :
"If you want to memorize the quran or any text, try to memorize it line by line (or aya by aya). For each line/aya do the forllowing :
1) just read it and try to understand it.
2) look at it deeply and concentrate in it, and try to see how it's written (the form of words, the order and the position of words.
3) keep looking at it (the line/aya) and take a profound breath in order to bring a maximum quantity of oxygen while you're concentrating.
4) don't look at the line/aya, and try to repeat it in your mind about three times.
after that (3 times) the text line/aya is completely memorized.
then repeat this method with all ayat/lines you have untill you memorize all the text."
And I want to tell you that your memory is not weak, you have a good memory but it needs activation. Memory is improved by exercice (like every organ in the body), It will be a little bit hard to memorize in the first time, but after 2 or 3 exercices, you'll be surprized how good your memory is.

Samiun
04-28-2010, 02:19 PM
:sl: Jazakhallah Khair brother Marwen, Inshallah I will be able to understand and memorize a lot of dua,fatwas and surahs...

ardianto
04-28-2010, 03:11 PM
May Allah makes you easy to memorize Qur'an and become a hafiz.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd Al-Maajid
09-21-2010, 06:24 AM
I want to memorize Al Imran v. 169-175 and Al Hadid v. 12-16. Any suggestions and advices?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!