/* */

PDA

View Full Version : PDF help

Ummu Sufyaan
04-29-2010, 02:55 AM
:sl:
im scanning from a book and am saving it as a PDF file. some pages dont seem to rotate it automatically though (as that what Adobe is meant to do)...and when i try to do that myself and save it, it doesn't save the changes. well it does, but when i reopen the *supposedly* saved document it just opens it like how it scanned it--->upside-down.

hereis an example.

so i reopen the file, flip it and save it. and the result is this

i even tried to rename the document, but to no avail.

any ideas?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syilla
04-29-2010, 04:51 AM
salams ukhtee...

try to install primopdf (its free) then click on 'copy' and print it using primopdf printer. don't click on pdf button.

Wassallam,

Ummu Sufyaan
04-29-2010, 06:37 AM
what does Primopdf do? and i dont need to print it though...just transfer it from book to screen =)

syilla
04-29-2010, 07:42 AM
awww ukhtee :D... it doesn't really print out. it convert into pdf....but their format is like choosing a printer. :) Try it ukhtee. You can also change the font darker :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syilla
04-29-2010, 08:50 AM
salams ukhtee...

i'm now beginning to understand the question :hiding:

have you tried to scan up side down?

Ummu Sufyaan
04-29-2010, 08:53 AM
^yh i think it has something to do with the way i scanned it. but it shouldn't matter anyway since i have the option of rotating the page.

never mind for now anyway sis, my brother said i should just use vuescan...so i'll take it from there and see how it goes.

thanks for the help.

syilla
04-29-2010, 08:59 AM
^^^InshaAllah everything will be good :)

Ummu Sufyaan
05-09-2010, 11:36 AM
i have another question...how do you secure a document so that no-one can copy/paste it?

syilla
05-14-2010, 05:32 AM
^^^do you mean by copy/past the text or just the image?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!