/* */

PDA

View Full Version : covering my head...

pipay
04-29-2010, 08:58 AM
before i made a mistake in my life, i was thinking of converting to islam, but after what happened, i've got second thought about it. anyway, is it ok to cover my head like other muslim ladies even though i'm not yet converted (still thinking)? i want to know if it would be convenient for me just in case i pushed through with my conversion or get married with a muslim man. if a christian lady married a muslim man, is it mandatory for her to cover her head or wear the full black dress (abayaa)?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
PouringRain
04-29-2010, 01:08 PM
Since I am not Muslim, I can not answer you from that perspective... As far as from a non-Muslim perspective, if you want to cover your head then there should be no problem doing it even though you are not converted. There are many Christian and Jewish women who also cover their head. It is not strictly an Islamic practice, so there should not be any problem covering as a non-muslim if that is what you choose. But.... don't cover out of "convenience." :) Cover out of conviction.

جوري
04-29-2010, 07:26 PM
hey pipay so nice to hear from you again.. how is it going, how is your baby? Hope you are well.. =)
not sure how to answer your Q if you remain christian and your religion doesn't mandate a head cover from you (which I think it does) then I guess it should be left to your discretion whether to comply with that or not .. I am glad to see you back here..

peace

glo
04-29-2010, 07:27 PM
Welcome back, pipay :)

I am glad you managed to post your thread.
How are things with you? How is your son?
Where are you living now?

I agree with PouringRain.
You should cover up for no reason other than that it feels right in your own heart!

Many women from different cultures and religions cover their heads - so you don't have to be a muslimah to be allowed to do so.

I look forward to hearing more from you. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
//-Asif-\\
04-29-2010, 07:55 PM
Asalaam Walaikum

As far as I know Pipay, it isn't mandatory for a Christian woman who marries a Muslim man to be required to wear a hijab, and definitely not if she hasn't converted yet. The black burqa stuff is not a requirement either. If you married and Muslim and remained Christian, none of this is required upon you. Even if you became Muslim, the all black burqa isn't required either.

While covering the head with a Hijab is certainly a requirement for Muslim women as declared by The Qur'an and Sunnah, the Burqa isn't. Dressing modestly and covering the required body parts is okay as long as you aren't wearing loud bright, eye catching, attention grabbing type colors. So some women decide to go all black to try and meet those requirements. So it varies on that point according to the woman and whatnot. Nor can a Muslim husband force a woman, Muslim or not to cover up but can suggest and stress the importance of such.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!