/* */

PDA

View Full Version : help me revive a sunnah

anonymous
04-30-2010, 10:23 AM
i really and truly want to revive the sunnah of niqab (in my area) :-[ however i have not much of an idea of how to go about it. i know most of you will suggest to show sisters hadiths and ayahs and that type of thing, but i want to avoid that for now so that i dont come across as 'Holier than thou' or 'just because you wear one, it doesn't mean its easy for us' and also becuase i fear that people will just be a niqaabi becuase i tell them to so they will feel obliged to do what i say so it may sow seeds of showing off and those things.

i want to approach this in a more subtle manner. but what are other methods i could use. i've so far come up with 2. one is to tell my friend of my idea and advice her becuse i know that she will listen or at least be agreeing to my idea and then this will inshallah grow and continue. second is just get out there myself like go to malls, go for walks basically be as noticeable as i can so that maybe sisters will feel encouraged. another one i have just thought of is to tell someone who i know is popluar, well known and loved in the community. again, producing the same result as number one.

what are your ideas and thoughts? remember i want to avoid being direct :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul Wahid
04-30-2010, 04:38 PM
:sl: sister.

MashaALLAH I think its a great idea but I'm a bit lost on giving you advice on how to approach this. InshaALLAH a brother or sister will give you the advice that your in need of.

However I had the same idea as you. In fact I was going to create a thread tonight or tomorrow on the issue. I'm at uni so I've seen the sorry state of the sisters. I don't want to be judgemental or act as if all brothers are pious. My thread will have the reasons why I'm 'targetting' the sisters. Not directly.

My idea was along the lines of creating a leaflet on the importance of hijab/niqab. The benefits and rewards etc. Once the leaflet is completed I will leave it in the sister's prayer room & they can pass it to other sisters. So how about creating a leaflet?

:wa:

anonymous
05-01-2010, 03:39 AM
yeah i want to avoid that type of dawah for now and just really try my best to use my manners (or lack of :-[). i really think that people will listen more if it's done through a person and not words. i just want to try with that first and see where that method will take me.

about your thread, sorry i cant help but comment :hiding: make sure you include in it that sisters dont cover to protect a guys iman :raging:and that brothers should take it upon themselves to guard their own iman regardless of what a sister is wearing. please make sure you address the importance of lowering the gaze for brothers as well. why are we always targeted man imsad :raging:

sorry again :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!