/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Qur'anic Arabic MP3s

Ibn Ezra
04-30-2010, 11:59 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this site but I am excited to be here. My Arabic isn't the best (but I'm working on it). It seems to me that, unlike Qur'anic Arabic, modern Arabic no longer pronounces case endings (e.g. "bismillah" instead of "bismillahi").

If I'm correct in this understanding, does anyone know of a set of MP3s for the Qur'an where these vowels are pronounced?

Thanks!
David

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
04-30-2010, 03:59 PM
Ibn ezra.. you can say it both ways it depends on parsing and conjugation of other words.. Arabic is very complicated (the second most difficult language after Chinese) I recommend you start with basics ..

here is a site where you can listen to the Quran in any language, pronunciation, transliteration:

http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/quran/

aadil77
04-30-2010, 04:02 PM
www.quranicaudio.com for all your quran mp3 needs

Ibn Ezra
04-30-2010, 07:27 PM
Thank you for your responses! I've read and translated a fair bit of the Qur'an but my background is comparative Semitics (Aramaic, Syriac, Ethiopic, Hebrew, Ugaritic, etc.).

I'll definitely incorporate some of these MP3s into my education.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nora.
04-30-2010, 08:19 PM
You can download all Quranic chapters in MP3 and Real-Player from the link in my signature :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!