/* */

PDA

View Full Version : clarification

cat eyes
04-30-2010, 02:17 PM
:sl:
Ive sometimes witnessed muslims saying ''ya mohommad'' instead of saying ''ya Allah'' is it shirk? because they are calling out to prophet mohammad (saw) instead of Allah.

Its the very same as how the shia's say ''ya Ali'' or when something happens to a non muslim, they say''oh jesus christ'' because i was watching peace t.v the scholar said whoever calls out to any one else other then Allah, its minor shirk and he was given examples of what i have just written above. i notice that in some nasheeds too that its almost like they are kinda worshiping and praising our prophet (saw) instead of our creator. believe me ive listened to so many nasheeds and i dont feel comfortable listening to them anymore after reading a book on bid'da because they say ''ya mohammad'' like in a worshiping type way

well can any one who is knowledgable about bid'da and who has studied it extensively could you please explain. did the sahaba ever do these types of things?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
omar ibrahim
04-30-2010, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
:sl:
Ive sometimes witnessed muslims saying ''ya mohommad'' instead of saying ''ya Allah'' is it shirk? because they are calling out to prophet mohammad (saw) instead of Allah.

if they said ya mohammed and they ask for help or thinking that he is hearing them then it becomes a shirk

Its the very same as how the shia's say ''ya Ali'' or when something happens to a non muslim, they say''oh jesus christ'' because i was watching peace t.v the scholar said whoever calls out to any one else other then Allah, its minor shirk and he was given examples of what i have just written above. i notice that in some nasheeds too that its almost like they are kinda worshiping and praising our prophet (saw) instead of our creator. believe me ive listened to so many nasheeds and i dont feel comfortable listening to them anymore after reading a book on bid'da because they say ''ya mohammad'' like in a worshiping type way

dont worry about nasheed maybe the nasheed is just a poem about the prophet or ali and there is no problem on that

well can any one who is knowledgable about bid'da and who has studied it extensively could you please explain. did the sahaba ever do these types of things?
the sahaba is the best example for people at that time i dont think they did it because its haram in islam

Salahudeen
04-30-2010, 10:36 PM
My friend also says this, because they believe the prophet pbuh is hazir nazir (all seeing/ all hearing/ omnipresent)

Innocent Soul
05-01-2010, 02:57 AM
Assalamualaikum

My friend also says this, because they believe the prophet pbuh is hazir nazir (all seeing/ all hearing/ omnipresent)
Even some of my relatives also do so I think it is not correct. Only Allah is the all seeing and all hearing.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tango92
05-01-2010, 09:46 AM
i would say stop listening to those types of nasheeds, if the people singing them had any taqwa they would not do such an act....

cat eyes
05-01-2010, 02:07 PM
im going to order more books on it. my own opinion i don't think its right... in many nasheeds now they are not even mentioning Allah anymore. i mean shirk is becoming so common.

Muslims say its only out of love for the prophet (saw) but loving the prophet (saw) you can do in the privacy of your own home... people can get mislead by this you know so many new things are becoming popular.

aadil77
05-01-2010, 02:18 PM
yh its just bidah/shirk that alot of muslims are falling into unknowingly

but truth does prevail, look at how much bidah in asian community is getting hammered down

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!