/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Post a picture of your favorite meal :b

marwen
05-01-2010, 12:53 AM
you can post here a picture of your favorite meal (and its recipe if you want).

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
marwen
05-01-2010, 12:53 AM
Ok let me begin. My favourite meal is Couscous with 'Allouch' (lamb's meat :)).

It's the national dish in Tunisia, and it's also prepared in other north africain countries (Algeria, Morocco...).

This meal is based on couscous.

Couscous is made from processed semolina : semolina + flour+salt+water. And it's made in form of grains. Couscous can replace rice dishes, and it's cooked in a similar way.

How to prepare Couscous with Lambs meat ?
Here is the recipe :
Ingredients:
-------------
½ kilo meat “cut into cubes”
½ kilo couscous “you can get this at the super store”
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 onions “cut into small cubes”
2 green peppers
2 potatoes
2 carrots
Pumpkin “cut into cubes”
1 can chickpeas “ready for cooking”
4 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoon chili powder or “harissa*”
salt and pepper for seasoning
½ tablespoon paprika
½ tablespoon cinnamon
½ tablespoon cumin

*Harissa is the chili paste Tunisians use for cooking.

Season the meat with the spices and put it into a pot with the olive oil and onions, fry it for a bit, then add the tomato paste, chickpeas and a cup of water, and let it boil for 15 minutes.
Cut the vegetables and throw them in the pot, add 1 liter of water and let boil.
To prepare the couscous, put it into a colander or sifter, over the big pot, wet the couscous and put it into the sifter and steam it for 30 minutes.
Add the potatoes to the sauce, and rewet the couscous in the sifter with a bit of the sauce “which will give it the red color”, continue cooking for another 20 minutes.

Put the couscous in a big bowl, pour some sauce over it and stir it, then arrange the vegetables and meat over it, and you’ve got yourself a beautiful, yummy Tunisian dish!
Now I feel very hungry ! :p

nousername
05-01-2010, 01:20 AM
looks delicious!

PouringRain
05-01-2010, 01:57 AM

Something along these lines............. lobster, crab legs, and shrimp. I only eat this type of stuff about once or twice a year. LOL I'll have to post more pics of fav. meals that I eat more frequently. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
marwen
05-01-2010, 02:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nousername
looks delicious!
Thank you :)

format_quote Originally Posted by PouringRain

wow really nice ! but that should be an expensive dish no ? :)

PouringRain
05-01-2010, 02:08 AM
French Onion soup.... I like it homemade and without the bread and cheese. But traditionally it has bread and cheese. I just do not eat much bread nor cheese.

Here is my simplified way of making it:

Slice 6 yellow onions and cook them in 1 Tbsp. butter until they start to brown. Add as much beef stock, or beef bouillion and water, as you desire and 1 bay leaf and pepper and then reduce heat and simmer for a couple of hours.

PouringRain
05-01-2010, 02:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
Thank you :)

wow really nice ! but that should be an expensive dish no ? :)

Yeah, lobster and crab legs are expensive, especially where I currently live. I grew up near the ocean, but now I am quite far from it. I use shrimp in my salads, pasta, etc. I love seafood. My fav. fish is Salmon. I eat Salmon at least once a week.

PouringRain
05-01-2010, 02:17 AM
Since I Mentioned Salmon..... I make a meal like this about once a week: Salmon, white rice, and asparagus. :)

marwen
05-01-2010, 02:27 AM
Since I Mentioned Salmon..... I make a meal like this about once a week: Salmon, white rice, and asparagus. :)

ummm :b, that last one seems to be really delicious. I just like fresh sea food. And now I discovered you're a pro in term of cooking :), we're gonna learn from you :D

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Wow all the foods look deliciousooo MashaAllaah ..
Thanks all for posting :)....

aadil77
05-01-2010, 10:13 PM

this is what I jus had, but with loads of chilli sauce :p

Güven
05-01-2010, 10:19 PM
^ That's my man! :shade: My favourite meal : P

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-01-2010, 10:40 PM
What about BIRYAANI? no one likes that? hmm

well my fave FOOD is Chicken and Chocolate..i like other geeky foodling too but i like these 2 more :) so yea...sorry cudnt get pics up of the typa Choc or Chicken i like buh im sure u can find some awesome ones online ..so yeah indeeed

LOL you all loook like your soo hungryy...i think you mite end up eating the screen hope u dont eat the comments along with it *runs of*

marwen
05-01-2010, 10:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim World 12
...i think you mite end up eating the screen
yes I thought about doing that :playing:, but thank God, you woke me up now !

Ok now a question: what is BIRYAANI ? is it an asian food?
I'm sure it's a good, but am I the only non-geek member who don't know it ? :hmm:

aadil77
05-02-2010, 12:33 AM

I'm sure it's a good, but am I the only non-geek member who don't know it ? :hmm:
biryani is a combination of some of the best of Allahs creation :P

here it is, behold! the best tasting meat rice on earth:

PouringRain
05-02-2010, 12:39 AM
What about BIRYAANI? no one likes that? hmm

I did not know know what it is either. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biryani

Muslim World 12, is it like a stir-fried rice? Some of the pictures and the description makes it sound liek that, but others look very different. Which kind do you make and can you give us a recipe? It all looks very good. I often fry rice with various oils, spices, meats, veggies, etc. Usually I just take my leftover rice and see what things I have on hand to stir fry with it. LOL

glo
05-02-2010, 06:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
biryani is a combination of some of the best of Allahs creation :P

here it is, behold! the best tasting meat rice on earth:

My Pakistani neighbour makes a wonderful Biryani.
I can't wait until next Eid!!

glo
05-02-2010, 06:08 AM

this is what I jus had, but with loads of chilli sauce :p
I found a special smilie for you, aadil. I hope you like it!

(I don't know whether he is looking grumpy or whether that's a mustache ...)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-02-2010, 10:26 AM

Alhamdulilaah u didnt eat the screen...*phew*...

Biryaani is what Brother Aadill has posted lol that piccha, however there are different types of Biryaani such as Chicken, vegetable etc etc,you can combine the materials together, basically its rice with either Chicken or vegetable or whatever you like lol.....

I think its an asian food..like Pakistani, Indian not sure if Bangladesh is involved in this case and maybe many more Countriess so yeah..its a common dish in India and Pakistan again I think..because i dont know much about the foods lol..

yeah its nice..if you like Chicken and rice or add whatever you like then yeah im sure you will like it...

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-02-2010, 10:28 AM
I did not know know what it is either. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biryani

Muslim World 12, is it like a stir-fried rice? Some of the pictures and the description makes it sound liek that, but others look very different. Which kind do you make and can you give us a recipe? It all looks very good. I often fry rice with various oils, spices, meats, veggies, etc. Usually I just take my leftover rice and see what things I have on hand to stir fry with it. LOL
Yeah its like stir fried rice...i dont really cook it :\...ill try put up a recipe soon ;D

Masuma
05-02-2010, 06:37 PM
Yum...yum...yummiii!

Eeeennn, mouth watering thread...:exhausted

Umm...I love Palao.

Thanks for the delicious thread! ...will eat it in school...;D

And oh yes! yes! thanks for the awesome recipies! Will try them someday to impress mommy... heheehe :Evil: oh i mean heheehe :statisfie

brotherubaid
05-03-2010, 10:05 AM
Pulao is awsome , i love it , out here the afghani resturants make the best pulao.

will try to get pics of ghozi

غوزى

or

خاروف محشى

cant seem to find any good ones yet.

brotherubaid
05-03-2010, 10:09 AM
Ok let me begin. My favourite meal is Couscous with 'Allouch' (lamb's meat :)).

It's the national dish in Tunisia, and it's also prepared in other north africain countries (Algeria, Morocco...).

This meal is based on couscous.

Couscous is made from processed semolina : semolina + flour+salt+water. And it's made in form of grains. Couscous can replace rice dishes, and it's cooked in a similar way.

How to prepare Couscous with Lambs meat ?
Here is the recipe :

Now I feel very hungry ! :p
I have got many tunisian friends n I LOVE THAT STUFF! pretty famous in the whole west arabia i guess , a friends mom was visisting last year and she made us the best couscousa ever !

ardianto
05-15-2010, 02:08 PM

Mie Bakso (noddle and meatball).

Batagor. Fried tofu that filled with fish and tapioca dough. Served with peanut sauce.

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
05-15-2010, 05:50 PM
A combo of 'chowmein & macaroni', with baked beef fillet & veg. salad:coolalien

tw009
05-15-2010, 07:07 PM
ohh man this thread is making me hungry! :(

Life_Is_Short
05-15-2010, 08:42 PM
"Sheperd's Pie" and "Spinach"

shuraimfan4lyf
05-15-2010, 08:51 PM
I am having some "Tahari" right now. Biryani is my favorite dish though.. My mom cooks it really good mmm..No sharing here :p.

S<Chowdhury
05-15-2010, 08:56 PM
PFC CHICKEN AND CHIPS YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OR SAM's POWER PACK OR 2 for 2

S<Chowdhury
05-15-2010, 09:02 PM

this is what i jus had, but with loads of chilli sauce :p
ohhhhhhh man my mouth is watering already ohh jeeeez i need to get myself to my local kebab shop kebabishly :p

aadil77
05-15-2010, 09:15 PM
haha yh

I missin steak, over here you get some hench steaks :p

S<Chowdhury
05-15-2010, 09:23 PM
haha yh

i missin steak, over here you get some hench steaks :p

bruvv u dnt knw about north west london chicken allow steak
for £3.50 i can get a hench chicken i mean proper xtra large size, chips and a drink, gotta come down to london i'll take you taste of lahore, its soo cheap but soo peng at da same timeeee

PouringRain
05-15-2010, 09:26 PM
haha yh

I missin steak, over here you get some hench steaks :p
I do not eat beef..... but out here where I live is TONS of beef and inexpensive. (Probably not halal?) There are steak houses all over and HUGE steaks, good steaks, and inexpensive. I used to love steak. Haha I just do not eat any beef anymore.

PouringRain
05-15-2010, 09:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S<Chowdhury
i can get a hence chicken

Mmmm chicken. Now I am getting hungry too. :hmm:

*sulks off to go drink peppermint tea*

aadil77
05-15-2010, 09:29 PM
I do not eat beef..... but out here where I live is TONS of beef and inexpensive. (Probably not halal?) There are steak houses all over and HUGE steaks, good steaks, and inexpensive. I used to love steak. Haha I just do not eat any beef anymore.
yh its probably not halal, but beef here is expensive or halal beef is expensive - well its expensive in restaurents, in some places you'll be lookin at £15-20 for a steak meal

S<Chowdhury
05-15-2010, 09:31 PM
Mmmm chicken. Now I am getting hungry too. :hmm:

*sulks off to go drink peppermint tea*
Aaaaaaaawwwwwww Sis don't worry i'll be thinking of you when im eating my Fried Chicken haha LOOOOOL jokeeee, all you need to come down to TASTE OF LAHORE (HALAL OF COURSE)

Ohh jeeez i got munchies i can't be bothered 2 drive to my fast food shop, ahhh the reason why i married WIFE MAKE ME SOME CHICKEN ! LOL

shuraimfan4lyf
05-15-2010, 09:33 PM
Steak is meant to be expensive innit. Its hard to find halal steak where I live. Most if not all steak houses are own by non-muslims.

aadil77
05-15-2010, 09:34 PM
bruvv u dnt knw about north west london chicken allow steak
for £3.50 i can get a hench chicken i mean proper xtra large size, chips and a drink, gotta come down to london i'll take you taste of lahore, its soo cheap but soo peng at da same timeeee
allow steak? LOL u dunno abt our african style steak - honestly u'll be beggin for more, for 3.50 u can probably get a whole barbeque chicken down here

leicester is paradise of all cheap halal takeaways, aint nothin im missin out on here

S<Chowdhury
05-15-2010, 09:36 PM
allow steak? LOL u need to try our african style steak - u'll beg for more, for 3.50 u can probably get a whole barbeque chicken down here

leicester is paradise of all cheap halal takeaways

Ohhh is that an offer for meee to come to Leicester? Ok fineee im on my way i'll be around dere @ 12 am for some chicken best b dere yeah or somebody gna get hurt if i dnt get chicken LOOOL

Not allow Steak but man i got craving for chicken i'm lyk a African guy wen comes 2 chicken i need a bucket full you get mee LOOOL

aadil77
05-15-2010, 09:40 PM
Ohhh is that an offer for meee to come to Leicester? Ok fineee im on my way i'll be around dere @ 12 am for some chicken best b dere yeah or somebody gna get hurt if i dnt get chicken LOOOL

Not allow Steak but man i got craving for chicken i'm lyk a African guy wen comes 2 chicken i need a bucket full you get mee LOOOL
haha come down anytime, why do want chicken u can get that anywher

u need some beef ma broda

S<Chowdhury
05-15-2010, 09:46 PM
haha come down anytime, why do want chicken u can get that anywher

u need some beef ma broda
i need both Steak and Chicken with double portion of chips LOOL haha hmmmmmm...............WIFEEEEEEE MAKE ME SOME STEAK INSTEAD *GETS HIT WITH THE PAN* LOOL yeaaa ok I'm actually had it im off seriously im getting some takeaway ASAP these PFC shop owners keep there shops open till 1 am, Im outta here

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-15-2010, 10:13 PM
^Lol MashaAllaah you Brothers are funny talking about food and talking in gangsta style talk or slang or whatever you young people call it:s...It would be funny to see you bros talk in poshh language i.e. using posh words an all

So yeah all food is awesome as long as its Halaal and yeah indeed

aadil77
05-15-2010, 10:20 PM
Indeed... and this is what a halal full english breakfast looks like :p yum, but its missing a hashbrown and tomato

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-15-2010, 10:23 PM
Indeed whats a hashbrown indeed?

aadil77
05-15-2010, 10:28 PM
Indeed whats a hashbrown indeed?
indeed what planet are you living on indeed?

its a potato thing

shuraimfan4lyf
05-15-2010, 10:29 PM
I love hashbrowns..mmm

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-15-2010, 10:43 PM
indeed what planet are you living on indeed?

its a potato thing
Lol akhi im living on Planet Earth, i think ive tried them before, just dont know the name of some things or forget so yeah indeed!

aadil77
05-15-2010, 11:01 PM
Lol akhi im living on Planet Earth, i think ive tried them before, just dont know the name of some things or forget so yeah indeed!
LOL yh sure, i kno you've probly never left bradford u freshie

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-15-2010, 11:08 PM
^ Firstly im not from Bradistan, and second im NOT A FRESHY! Mybe you dont get out from whatsoever your place is....
just because i hvent tried some "Nerd" food doesnt mean im a freshy!....

I like Chicken will get pics of it up soon :)

PouringRain
05-15-2010, 11:26 PM
All this talk of chicken.......... makes me want some chicken kelaguin.

....Or some chicken salad....

I'm in the mood for something very light. Maybe some spinach salad....

Or a tomato olive salad.

I really should go eat some dinner. ;D

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-15-2010, 11:30 PM
^LOL yesh you should since you mentioned soo many nerdy named foods :| such as kelaguin<---now how geeky that sounds is way beyond me and my thinking :)..so yeah :p..Keep posting your fave dishes that have ultraa HUGE names lol..

Hope you dont eat all that once sis tho :)

aadil77
05-15-2010, 11:53 PM
good old fish n chips :p

Life_Is_Short
05-15-2010, 11:56 PM
Why is this thread in "Puzzles & Humour"?

aadil77
05-16-2010, 12:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
Why is this thread in "Puzzles & Humour"?
ha just realised than, it should be in lifestyle or general

PouringRain
05-16-2010, 12:55 AM
Hope you dont eat all that once sis tho :)

Haha.... no, I could never eat it all at once. If I have anything I would normally have just one of those. I still haven't eaten yet!!!! The kids are having a "movie night" and had pizza, which is a HUGE no-no for me, so I am being lazy about making something for myself. By the time I decide it will be too late to eat at all. LOL

جوري
05-16-2010, 01:31 AM

love french onion soup.. simple seafood mesclun salad

and generally seafood pasta is probably the only dish I almost always order when I eat out.. used to love it from this particular restaurant but they have gone out of business since...

I also like a good seafood omelette on occasion!

also I like

and a filet mignon (which I haven't had I think in at least half a decade

:w:

PouringRain
05-16-2010, 02:12 AM
Vale's Lily, now you are making me hungry again! Those all look so good. I posted French onion soup also, ad I LOVE seafood.

I need to stay out of this thread tonight.

جوري
05-16-2010, 02:26 AM
I haven't had dindin yet and I don't think I can now that it is 10:24pm.. I had two hellish days which has impacted my appetite in a negative way.. I did have four cans of juice though.. each probably is a zillion calorie ..

S<Chowdhury
05-16-2010, 09:38 AM
^Lol MashaAllaah you Brothers are funny talking about food and talking in gangsta style talk or slang or whatever you young people call it:s...It would be funny to see you bros talk in poshh language i.e. using posh words an all

Gangsta talk? its how talk in da endz u get me on dem roads hustlin init u need 2 talk lingo 2 get da Bag of Sands , North Weeezy ! REPRESENT BRAAAAP ! <- joke joke joke haha LOOOL Oh Madam let me offer you my formal humble apology for my taboo language :)

aadil77
05-16-2010, 09:49 AM
^u get that chickan blad? LOL

S<Chowdhury
05-16-2010, 09:52 AM
^u get that chickan blad? LOL
YEAA of course fam, haha i got my whip n 11pm to my local PFC Chicken Outlet got myself Meal 5 a fat bucket of chicken chips, coleslaw and a drink

aadil77
05-16-2010, 09:54 AM
YEAA of course fam, haha i got my whip n 11pm to my local PFC Chicken Outlet got myself Meal 5 a fat bucket of chicken chips, coleslaw and a drink
haha pfc kill its Paki footbal club, over here its all abt tha maryland chicken n royal chicken

S<Chowdhury
05-16-2010, 09:57 AM
haha pfc kill its Paki footbal club, over here its all abt tha maryland chicken n royal chicken
Royal Chicken Yeaaaa dats buff, but got hand it 2 u Paki's u knw yur chicken, i got munchies again

brotherubaid
05-16-2010, 12:54 PM
Lool , yes those hala chicken spots in Uk are nice , i went there after staying in US for about 4 years n we didnt have any fried chicken spots in US except for HFC halal fried chicken in chicago which was close but not that good to be honest , so when i went to london i was amazed to see places like cottage chicken n sfc n all , specialy the hot chicken wings , pretty nice , i remmber on edgware they had a SFC and it had a really nice deal , two chicken fillet burgers for 2 pounds! that was nice , filed me up real good.

But chicago does have good desi food , places like sabri nihari n usmania n even ghareeb nawaz n sultan palace n that halal italian spot with gyros n all are all nice, actually best desi food i have ever had , even better than here n UAE or PAK , even though i havent seen much of pak im sure lahore n karachi have great food , i have mostly been to peshawre n kohat n the frontier province.

by the way if u are close to birmingham , there is a pathan spot , called khayber or something , its pretty good , THEY HAVE THE BIGGEST ROTI I HAVE EVER SEEN , they actually give it to u hanging from a hook and a stand! coz its so BIG! n amazing namkeen mutton karahi n chapli kabab .... dont know if anyone knows the name of that spot exactly , sarhad something or khyber something cant reacall was there in 2007 so been a while.

Samiun
05-16-2010, 02:34 PM
:sl: brothers and sisters, I am disappointed!

Why didn't anyone mention PASTA!!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-16-2010, 05:18 PM
Haha.... no, I could never eat it all at once. If I have anything I would normally have just one of those. I still haven't eaten yet!!!! The kids are having a "movie night" and had pizza, which is a HUGE no-no for me, so I am being lazy about making something for myself. By the time I decide it will be too late to eat at all. LOL

Lol aww ..pizza is awesome dont you think? :p...lol im sure you wont be able to stay away from this thread from this thread tho right? :p...these people will just make you go crazzy with all their Nerd posts about their so called "favourite food" LOOOOL <--- aaah that just make me laff out loud LOADS lool so yeah :p

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-16-2010, 05:22 PM
Gangsta talk? its how talk in da endz u get me on dem roads hustlin init u need 2 talk lingo 2 get da Bag of Sands , North Weeezy ! REPRESENT BRAAAAP ! <- joke joke joke haha LOOOL Oh Madam let me offer you my formal humble apology for my taboo language :)
more like Nerd language...you just spoke gibbrish according to me :\..LOL *copies the bro*..."oooh i so calledly, joked, joked bla bla and whatever else he said" *sighs*

So yeah

btw it was like that talk that kids today speak u gets me? :\ silly words such as instead of blood they say blad coz their tongue is soar of talking too much, and many more useless words...

So once again---> So yeah

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-16-2010, 05:24 PM
Whats PFC stand for Pakistani fried chicken or somthing else? and all chicken is the same everywhere, just the flavouring ppl use and how they cook it and bla bla bla bla bla..calling it maryland and royal and all...

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-16-2010, 05:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by brotherubaid
Lool , yes those hala chicken spots in Uk are nice , i went there after staying in US for about 4 years n we didnt have any fried chicken spots in US except for HFC halal fried chicken in chicago which was close but not that good to be honest , so when i went to london i was amazed to see places like cottage chicken n sfc n all , specialy the hot chicken wings , pretty nice , i remmber on edgware they had a SFC and it had a really nice deal , two chicken fillet burgers for 2 pounds! that was nice , filed me up real good.

But chicago does have good desi food , places like sabri nihari n usmania n even ghareeb nawaz n sultan palace n that halal italian spot with gyros n all are all nice, actually best desi food i have ever had , even better than here n UAE or PAK , even though i havent seen much of pak im sure lahore n karachi have great food , i have mostly been to peshawre n kohat n the frontier province.

by the way if u are close to birmingham , there is a pathan spot , called khayber or something , its pretty good , THEY HAVE THE BIGGEST ROTI I HAVE EVER SEEN , they actually give it to u hanging from a hook and a stand! coz its so BIG! n amazing namkeen mutton karahi n chapli kabab .... dont know if anyone knows the name of that spot exactly , sarhad something or khyber something cant reacall was there in 2007 so been a while.
sfc stands for stir fried chicken right?

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-16-2010, 05:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nabiel
:sl: brothers and sisters, I am disappointed!

Why didn't anyone mention PASTA!!

Yes mee too i me i am also dissapointed...you should all have remembered it!!!?? makes me incredibly angry ...btw love Pasta its awesome too:)

S<Chowdhury
05-16-2010, 10:16 PM
more like Nerd language...you just spoke gibbrish according to me :\..LOL *copies the bro*..."oooh i so calledly, joked, joked bla bla and whatever else he said" *sighs*

So yeah

btw it was like that talk that kids today speak u gets me? :\ silly words such as instead of blood they say blad coz their tongue is soar of talking too much, and many more useless words...

So once again---> So yeah
Sis U best jam yur hype LOL

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-16-2010, 10:18 PM
^Yes bro ... i should and will do InshaAllaah....
sorry for the hypness

tw009
05-16-2010, 10:35 PM
:sl:
My favorite!

YUMM!!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-17-2010, 09:16 AM
^Thats Lasagne right? sorry if i spelt it incorrectly:(

shuraimfan4lyf
05-17-2010, 09:23 AM
Lasagna** Freshy;D

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-17-2010, 09:26 AM
Sorry so i did spelt it wrong :\ me no speak good english me freshy as y`all all claim! yes yes yes me freshy :\

shuraimfan4lyf
05-17-2010, 09:33 AM
u lern englesh now!

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-17-2010, 09:36 AM

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-17-2010, 11:08 AM
Is that somalian food? MashaAllaah

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-17-2010, 01:44 PM
Is that somalian food? MashaAllaah
Yeh. lool its very tasty

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-17-2010, 02:24 PM
^Jazakallahu Khayr indeed.never tastedd Somalian but yeah must be tasty...indeed

brotherubaid
05-17-2010, 08:55 PM
Never tasted somali food but a couple of years ago i was hooked on somali tea!! we had a cafeteria close to a place i used to work for in dubai, He did have other teas as well but he was a somalian guy did have somalian food as well but all i ever tried was somali tea, used to have it daily matter of fact, good stuff, lol subhanAllah was just talking about the somali tea today as i was cruising around Ajman ( a city of united arab emirates) with a couple of friends n sipping on coffen regular tea. I was telling them they gotta try it one day!

shuraimfan4lyf
05-17-2010, 09:06 PM
I have tasted somali food when my friend invited me to his house. I heard the somali tea is really good. I dont know whats so special about it. I should try it sometime.

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-17-2010, 09:22 PM
Lool, Somali tea is addictive and there is no caffeine inside it 2. I can't even make a somali tea even though I am somali, I heard it takes a lot of effort and work to make it and there's a lot of different spices and herbs in one cup and loads of sugar!
There are loads of different cuisine to try around different countries , I like middle eastern/somali cuisine and also Italian cuisine. I don't like chinese cuisine it's too salty and fishy.

Al-manar
05-17-2010, 09:38 PM
Kofta

Stuffed Vine Leaves

http://almashriq.hiof.no/general/600...ak-areesh.html

Stuffed Green Peppers

http://www.ummah.net/family/recipes/filfil.html

shuraimfan4lyf
05-17-2010, 09:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-manar
I tried the 2nd dish..I think its lebanese. I dont know why but I didnt like it at all. It was stuffed with rice etc.. and I love koftas! The ones my Ummi makes are different from the picture amove!

Al-manar
05-17-2010, 09:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shuraimfan4lyf
I tried the 2nd dish..I think its lebanese. I dont know why but I didnt like it at all.
the second dish (the 1st and the third as well) could be the best dish or the worst dish ever !! depends on the availability of the material eg,spices .....

for example the vine dish should be the season of the grapes to be fresh leaves,otherwise you have to buy the packed conservated ones ...which taste less fresh.....

the spices very important factor too.... truly the dishes i mentioned are a challenge to be made perfectly ....
they are common in Turkey,syria,lebanon,jordan,Egypt ..............

shuraimfan4lyf
05-17-2010, 11:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-manar
the second dish (the 1st and the third as well) could be the best dish or the worst dish ever !! depends on the availability of the material eg,spices .....

for example the vine dish should be the season of the grapes to be fresh leaves,otherwise you have to buy the packed conservated ones ...which taste less fresh.....

the spices very important factor too.... truly the dishes i mentioned are a challenge to be made perfectly ....
they are common in Turkey,syria,lebanon,jordan,Egypt ..............
Yeah I tried it at a restaurant my friend worked at..The other mediterranean food there was superb, specially the lamb kabob sandwich.mmm!

Sawdah
05-18-2010, 01:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mohamed_Sadiq

I can't see the image...

But let me guess, is it bariss or basto? :D

Edit: No, wait. Bariss and basto isn't somali food. Everyone eats it.:hmm:

Is it lahoh?

shuraimfan4lyf
05-18-2010, 05:25 AM
I had a lamb-shish kabob with side dish as hommous!! It was soo good alhamdulillah.

May Allah provide food for the one who is hungry and drink for the one who is thirsty. Ameen ya rabb

glo
05-31-2010, 03:15 PM
Here is a meal I made last week: the good old full English breakfast - consisting of toast, fried egg, mushrooms, tomato, (turkey) rashers and (beef) sausages.

Guaranteed halaal! :D

Cabdullahi
05-31-2010, 03:17 PM
how can those rashers be halal....you can't fool us madame!

but it looks nice masha'Allah!

glo
05-31-2010, 03:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
how can those rashers be halal....you can't fool us madame!

but it looks nice masha'Allah!
I can guarantee you that no pork was used in the making of those rashers, Abdullahii!! :D

cat eyes
05-31-2010, 04:36 PM

I just love dal curry:embarrass with home made bread aaaaa:p

cat eyes
05-31-2010, 04:44 PM

and marinated chickpeas:statisfie im so hungry now:heated:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-31-2010, 06:53 PM
^MashaAllaah :)

marwen
05-31-2010, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes

and marinated chickpeas:statisfie im so hungry now:heated:
nice pic. That look very delicious !
We have a similar chickpeas based meal here in Tunisia, but I don't have the pic now.

shuraimfan4lyf
05-31-2010, 07:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Here is a meal I made last week: the good old full English breakfast - consisting of toast, fried egg, mushrooms, tomato, (turkey) rashers and (beef) sausages.

Guaranteed halaal! :D
Is that real food? Lol it looks so fake for some reason:hiding:

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
05-31-2010, 07:27 PM
^It looks like plastic toys!:X

★ηαѕιнα★
05-31-2010, 07:31 PM
Id have to say:..................LASAGNA!!!! YUM!!

Makes the cat fat! :D

shuraimfan4lyf
05-31-2010, 07:32 PM
No offense, but I thought it was made out of cloth...

aadil77
05-31-2010, 07:34 PM
No offense, but I thought it was made out of cloth...
it is, she knitted it, duhhhh!!!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-31-2010, 07:42 PM
LOL thought the same :-\

shuraimfan4lyf
05-31-2010, 07:42 PM
it is, she knitted it, duhhhh!!!
Oh Lolll..I knew that..I just thought that my eyes are deceiving me..

glo
05-31-2010, 07:54 PM
LOL

Sorry, peepz, I thought it was obvious that my breakfast was not real! :D

Thanks to aadil the confusion has been cleared up. (Are you a secret closet knitter yourself, brother?? :giggling:)

(I'll stop causing trouble in this thread now ... :hiding:)

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
05-31-2010, 07:55 PM
^Yikes, a meal of wool!:X

shuraimfan4lyf
05-31-2010, 07:57 PM
LOL

Thanks to aadil the confusion has been cleared up. (Are you a secret closet knitter yourself, brother?? :giggling:)

Lol its alright, hmm, Aadil is that true? :p

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-31-2010, 08:13 PM
^Lol bro Shuraim, isnt it obvious enough now the bros a secret clothe knittin agent? no more questioning :-\ or else!
Knitting is a funny word LOL , say it exactly how its spelt LOL its funny, K nitting LOL

So yeah

shuraimfan4lyf
05-31-2010, 08:19 PM
LOL

^Lol bro Shuraim, isnt it obvious enough now the bros a secret clothe knittin agent? no more questioning :-\ or else!
Knitting is a funny word LOL , say it exactly how its spelt LOL its funny, K nitting LOL

So yeah
Lol I am asking Aadil if he is a secret closet knitter..

aadil77
05-31-2010, 08:28 PM
Lol I am asking Aadil if he is a secret closet knitter..
no, I'm just not blind

LOL

shuraimfan4lyf
05-31-2010, 08:34 PM
no, I'm just not blind

LOL
Oii, I thought it was some next type of food or sumat.

★ηαѕιнα★
06-01-2010, 10:07 AM
Since we wondered of the topic..Have a question for you guys. Came across the pic bellow: Would you eat this?

Abu Zainab
06-01-2010, 10:49 AM
Now prepare to drool my dear friends :p

Iskender Kebab

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-01-2010, 11:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ★ηαѕιнα★
Since we wondered of the topic..Have a question for you guys. Came across the pic bellow: Would you eat this?

Lol not me :-\ . . . but loooks funny though

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-01-2010, 11:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Imraan
Now prepare to drool my dear friends :p

Iskender Kebab

Awesome dude, people should eat first and then look at this thread :-\

marwen
06-01-2010, 11:44 AM

eww ! is that thing alive ? look at his head :scared:

★ηαѕιнα★
06-01-2010, 02:08 PM
eww ! is that thing alive ? look at his head :scared:
Yeah it looks like it could come alive doesnt it?? Scary really..
And bro Imraan: Im hungry now thank you for that:hmm::p

Abu Zainab
06-01-2010, 02:43 PM
Ok how about manti....mini meat dumplings in a yogurt base.

It's a Turkish delicacy by the way.

shuraimfan4lyf
06-01-2010, 03:24 PM
Lol not me :-\ . . . but loooks funny though
It looks like one that one monster from Harry the pothead.

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
06-01-2010, 03:33 PM

^SURE!...Thats water melon, one of my fav. fruit! *prick the eyes & bites off the head*:skeleton:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-01-2010, 05:23 PM
It looks like one that one monster from Harry the pothead.
LOL do you mean the Harry potter thingy guy?
So yeah

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-01-2010, 05:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by «ßιηт мσнαмє∂»
^SURE!...Thats water melon, one of my fav. fruit! *prick the eyes & bites off the head*:skeleton:

LOL sis, *Joins her* and *Grabs the rest* *Runs off*

★ηαѕιнα★
06-01-2010, 07:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by мυѕℓιмαн 4 ℓιfє
LOL sis, *Joins her* and *Grabs the rest* *Runs off*
Some hungry people out here...;D

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-01-2010, 07:34 PM
^;D , sureee sis :p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!