جوري
05-01-2010, 03:53 AM
:sl: I am curious as to how most here would spend them?.. :w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
05-01-2010, 04:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
It is sad to think some people would feel it necessary to change anything. We should always think we may not have even 3 seconds left and should live with that attitude.

marwen
05-01-2010, 04:15 AM
That could be a good and a bad news.
1) Bad news because I will lose the hope of a long life full of ambitions.
2) Good because It'll be suitable to make a good tawba (repentance) and make a Umrah and finish my few remaining days as a good muslim.

But your idea make me think that if I'm not gonna die in three months, I will die some day, may be before 3 months, may be after, but It'll be a short life anyway.

CosmicPathos
05-01-2010, 04:23 AM
Woodrow, again an interesting reality that you have mentioned. jazakAllah

From my current state of emaan, I will be quite depressed. I know it is wrong and I need to work on that. Ideally, We should be happy with whatever comes our way because whatever comes our way, its by the Will of Allah and the Will of Allah is Most Just.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
05-01-2010, 05:13 AM
I was thinking how if we have a few days left on vacation before getting back to work or seeing our loved ones over seas, how we spend the last moments differently and are filled with regret for time mismanaged, bittersweet .. I think we take it all for granted that life is the exception .. thinking of the things we'll amend and fix later.. I'd think even time spent sleeping as a waste.. you are right br. woodrow.. every moment can be our last.. I don't think I have extracted what I wanted for this life or the one to come :( :w:

Muslim Woman
05-01-2010, 08:57 AM
Salaam

repentance , repentance and repentane ; make the will and InshaAllah will try to go to Macca or Madina ; so that I can die there.

tango92
05-01-2010, 09:50 AM
v thought provoking question sis, i hope it will help us get our acts together

i can say i would basically spend more time with quran and keeping up nawaafil prayers, because ive been a bit negligent lately...

Supreme
05-01-2010, 10:24 AM
I'd travel; there's just too many places I haven't been. I'd like to go to Arizona, then Jerusalem, perhaps Rome after that, and eventually Egypt.

aadil77
05-01-2010, 10:28 AM
extra things I'd most likely do: alot more repentance, give as much as I could to charity, sort out my will - if not already done, try and do hajj if I havn't already done so - depending on time of year, alot more ibaadah, and somethin I'd love to do is join our brothers in afghan or somewher, also I'd try and teach everythin beneficial I could to my family members

جوري
05-01-2010, 03:45 PM
can one realistically memorize the Quran in 3 months? plan a trip for umra, amend their wills, make peace with all their loved ones and ones not so loved, make up for fast days missed all while being depressed about a trip from which there is no return? :w:

Dagless
05-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Probably spend the first day making a list of all the things I'd want to do before I die... plotting them on some huge Gantt chart I could pin to the wall and look at every night before I sleep to make sure I don't waste a minute.
Then I'd oversleep the next morning, log onto xbox live and decide mortal experiences can wait one more day. Before I knew it the 3 months would be all but over, I'd have 1 day left to panic (after waking up late), then pray and die. Kinda reminds me of my student life.

aadil77
05-01-2010, 04:25 PM
can one realistically memorize the Quran in 3 months? plan a trip for umra, amend their wills, make peace with all their loved ones and ones not so loved, make up for fast days missed all while being depressed about a trip from which there is no return? :w:
yep if you have a good enough memory and not more than three months of fasts to make up :shade:

nah seriously has someone told you only have 3 months to live?

جوري
05-01-2010, 04:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
yep if you have a good enough memory and not more than three months of fasts to make up :shade:

nah seriously has someone told you only have 3 months to live?
No, and I don't think anyone can say 'you have three months to live' the terms usually used is 'you need to get your affairs in order'- - but I have seen people expire in an instant that even the shahadtyn they don't have time to utter... it is like br. woodrow said, one has to be prepared at every moment, but I think the majority of people aren't! :w:

glo
05-01-2010, 04:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
I'd travel; there's just too many places I haven't been. I'd like to go to Arizona, then Jerusalem, perhaps Rome after that, and eventually Egypt.
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam
repentance , repentance and repentane ; make the will and InshaAllah will try to go to Macca or Madina ; so that I can die there.
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
It is sad to think some people would feel it necessary to change anything. We should always think we may not have even 3 seconds left and should live with that attitude.
I am not sure.
Knowing that I only had three months left to live would certainly sharpen my awareness of what is missing in my life.

I was having this discussion with my husband not so long ago, because a work colleague of mine is just in that situation. She was diagnosed with cancer and has opted for chemotherapy, just to prolong her life a little. But she only has a matter of months to live ... :cry:

My husband says he would love to travel through Europe and travel up north to see the Northern Lights. I think that would be a deeply spiritual and fulfilling experience for him.

Personally, I cannot imagine that I would feel the need to travel.
But I would want to put my life right.
Tell people things I need to say to them before I leave.
Make peace, put things right, repent, draw closer to God.
Make sure my husband and children will be supported and cared for by others after my death.
Spend quality time with all that are important to me.
Write a few things down for my children to read as they grow up.

Those are the kind of things which would matter to me most.

glo
05-01-2010, 05:00 PM
Adding to the topic of the thread, if you could choose, would you consider it a blessing to have some time left to prepare for death?
Or would you rather die suddenly and expectantly?

Danah
05-01-2010, 05:22 PM
This is just remind me of a story I read happened in the ancient ages where people used to live for long years (100 yrs and above). The story was about a man who was told that there will be a time where people age will be 70 (this are us now), the man then said: "If I was in their place I will live my life (sajid) prostrating to Allah!!"

Maybe we can ask for forgiveness from people who we might wronged in our life. We also may do a quick revision on Quran, do an Umra, do lots of Istighfar.

very true!

format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Adding to the topic of the thread, if you could choose, would you consider it a blessing to have some time left to prepare for death?
I think it will be a blessing to be prepared to death instead of die suddenly!
but if we think about it carefully, I think dying suddenly is good for us as it make us prepared all the time and watch ourselves on what we are doing in this life as it make us know that Allah is watching us all the time.

cat eyes
05-01-2010, 06:07 PM
:sl: i will try and do hajj at any cost this is very important for me.

Id ask people for forgiveness and spend the 3months asking Allah forgiveness. i would be kinda nervous but happy at the same time because i can use that time preparing myself. but we should be really preparing ourselves anyway because we can die at any second thats the scary thing :(

I Just heard the other day young man died of sudden death that really woke me up to reality of everything and i spent the whole day thinking about it and what have i really done with my own life.

we have to stop thinking that we are young too and we got plenty of time.. u could be hit by a car tomorrow:(
:wa:

Woodrow
05-02-2010, 01:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
This is just remind me of a story I read happened in the ancient ages where people used to live for long years (100 yrs and above). The story was about a man who was told that there will be a time where people age will be 70 (this are us now), the man then said: "If I was in their place I will live my life (sajid) prostrating to Allah!!"
:sl:

For much of world the life expectancy is much less than 70. For example on the Pine Ridge Reservation it is in the low 40s.

Here is a list of life expectancy by Nation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ife_expectancy

Nearly every member on this forum has an expected life expectancy longer than nearly half of the world's people.

But, the life expectancy of other people is important, our own life is the one of the greatest importance to each of us. Perhaps our thoughts should not be what can I do in the future, but rather can I begin undoing my past, beginning right now. Not next month, next week or even tomorrow, but this very second. That is really the only long term planning we can actually do something about. One second in the future, is a very long time, if it is our last second. In our next second second we can make amends for our past sins and be prepared for the Mrecy of Allaah(swt)

Asian man
05-03-2010, 04:37 AM
I had a childhood friend who died in November 2007, he was 16 years old (may Allah put him in Jannah)

Woodrow
05-03-2010, 04:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asian man
I had a childhood friend who died in November 2007, he was 16 years old (may Allah put him in Jannah)
Ameen to your Du'a

In my family (going back as far as the family records go) no male has ever lived to the age of 60. I am the oldest any male in my family has every lived to be. Very profound thought to be aware of.

Looking back to my childhood, there are less than 6 people from my high school class still alive. But, we only had 75-80 students in my High School, so that may not be too bad considering we graduated 51 years ago.

CosmicPathos
05-03-2010, 04:59 AM
This thread is depressing yet depicts reality. We are talking about preparing for death but what about the reluctance to not die? We enjoy our flesh so much that I am sure all of us will be saddened if we were given the news that we are going to die in next 3 months. Only a Mumin and a lover of Allah will not be saddened a bit after hearing these news. He/she would rather thanks God to let him/her know that his/her time is about to be up and they should start finalizing their ibadah. But I feel sad because I am not that strong to be at that state yet. It requires guts to be even able to imagine that you are going to die .... I think its the materialistic worldly-minded person in me that I have to get rid off and I am sure most of us here will have these problems ... ya Allah.

PouringRain
05-03-2010, 05:02 AM

Tell people things I need to say to them before I leave.
Make peace, put things right, repent, draw closer to God.
Make sure my husband and children will be supported and cared for by others after my death.
Spend quality time with all that are important to me.
Write a few things down for my children to read as they grow up.
I would do those things also. While we can do those at this point in our present lives, if I knew I was going to die then I would make sure it was all prepared. For example, I can make plans and provisions for my children now, in case of my death, but if I knew I was going to die within 3 months then I would make certain again that everyone knew what was going on and was prepared for it. At this point I wouldn't sit around talking abotu my death and my plans with them, because I wouldn't want to scare them or concern them unecessarily.

I would liek time to prepare..... mostly for others. I'd like time to prepare my children. I wouldn't want to suddenly go and they are left lost and scared. I am almost the only thing they have in life.

So true....... like that saying "live like you were dying."

Muslim Woman
05-03-2010, 03:21 PM
Salaam/Peace

.. would you rather die suddenly...
while in salat/ prayer , I think it would be nice to go to God Almighty .

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!