/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Healthy Snack Ideas

Abu Zainab
05-01-2010, 11:10 AM
After I go home from work I really feel exhausted and can't wait till dinner is ready. And I always get that dizzy feeling....."Amma mujhe chakkar aarahee hai" (sounds familiar??);D

Its an everyday thing and my mom and wife try their best to get rid of that "chakkar" feeling.

Here is the list:

1. Garlic soup with toast
2. Noodles
3. French toast
4. Steamed corn with butter
4. A complete breakfast with eggs n' all....hunh??

Would you like to share your ideas for a nice and healthy snack?

If it's something unique please post a simple recipe as well.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Danah
05-01-2010, 11:22 AM
What about:
1. Cinnamon crackers with a warm cup of choco milk or any other kind of juice.
2. Fruit salad
3. Toast with cheese

I dunno this is what I can think of right now

aadil77
05-01-2010, 11:31 AM
theres too many snacks to mention:

pot noodles, toast with puck cheese, crisps, biscuits, cakes, fruit

Getoffmyback
05-01-2010, 12:01 PM
I really like the british breakfast. Fried eggs , beans, fried sausage, fried mushrooms, fried tomatos, fried or almost cremated turkey bacon, fresh toast and some butter on it. Hmmm.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
05-01-2010, 12:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Getoffmyback
I really like the british breakfast. Fried eggs , beans, fried sausage, fried mushrooms, fried tomatos, fried or almost cremated turkey bacon, fresh toast and some butter on it. Hmmm.
mmm mmm, you're missing the hash browns, without that its not a proper full english breakfast

Muhammad
05-01-2010, 12:21 PM
Assalaamu Alaykum,

French toast
A complete breakfast with eggs n' all

crisps, biscuits, cakes,

All these are "healthy snacks"?! And for some of them, you probably wouldn't need to have dinner after that "snack"!

format_quote Originally Posted by Getoffmyback
Let's try to keep the ideas Halal...

Alpha Dude
05-01-2010, 12:25 PM
Make yourself a healthy smoothie comprising many different fruit + veg. Take some banana, apple, carrot, kiwi, strawberry, cucumber, sugar, milk and blend it all together. :D

Beardo
05-01-2010, 12:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
Assalaamu Alaykum,

French toast

crisps, biscuits, cakes,

All these are "healthy snacks"?! And for some of them, you probably wouldn't need to have dinner after that "snack"!

Let's try to keep the ideas Halal...
Bro Muhammad, you'd be surprised. Nowadays you can find Halal bacon and sausages, etc. They're made from beef or something. We have them here in the US, not sure about the UK.

Abu Zainab
05-01-2010, 12:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad

French toast

crisps, biscuits, cakes,

Bro, most of the time it's the oil that makes a meal healthy or unhealthy....I personally like to use olive oil or coconut oil.
And regarding the "no need to have dinner" thing...well guys like me who want to gain weight wouldn't mind that at all.

aadil77
05-01-2010, 12:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Bro Muhammad, you'd be surprised. Nowadays you can find Halal bacon and sausages, etc. They're made from beef or something. We have them here in the US, not sure about the UK.
Yh turkey ham and bacon is halal, its usually used as an alternative for expats in arab countries, you can get it from any halal frozen food stores

Sausages can be made from turkey, lamb, chicken and beef.

Bear in mind ham, bacon and sausage can be from any meat its just a special cut of meat

Life Artist
05-01-2010, 03:12 PM
yogurt with digestive biscuits =)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-02-2010, 03:37 PM
HALAL HAM :-O...never heard of that one before.....
i just call it halal meat..sounds much more Halal and easy to pronounce :-)...so yeahh...

Ummu Sufyaan
05-03-2010, 04:53 AM
:sl:
just drink water in the meantime?

or a few dates?

Abu Zainab
05-03-2010, 07:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
just drink water in the meantime?

or a few dates?
A glass of warm water with some lemon in it would be nice....it does wonders.

And dates are good too....they contain a lot of vitamins and minerals....they say its all in the roots....them critters go deep down in the soil to collect all those goodies. My favorite variety is "رطب" - Rutab (literally humid or moist.)

tango92
05-03-2010, 08:51 AM
garlic bread, or garlic bread topped with cheese

or blend almonds with water (peel the almonds first) only use just enough water to get them blending or else theirl be large bits in the drink

or samosas, grab em from the freezer when noones looking that way youll get a second helping at dinner ;D;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!