/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

Abdul Wahid
05-02-2010, 02:58 PM
:sl: my brothers and sisters in Islam.

I have been thinking about writing this for a while. I'll keep it short and to the point InshaALLAH. I'm currently studying at university and the state of the Muslims at university has shocked me. To tell you the truth I was expecting it to be bad because my mates had told me before-hand. Still it was shocking. Some brothers and sisters will already the situation.

My main concern is for the sisters. Everywhere at university all you see is fitnah. Sisters with scarfs/hijabs are the worst Astagfirullah. This isn't a rant at the sisters so sisters please forgive me. Alhumdulillah there are sisters who fulfill the requirement of the hijab. Their in a minority. The majority of sisters wear scarf/hijab and wear tight clothes revealing their bodies. They were the most make-up and you know what they look like dolls. Isn't this contradicting oneself? You can't do one good deed and at the same time do multiple sins.

Couple of incidents I have witnessed.

I was walking past a study room and I saw a sister with a hijab snogging a guy. Now I was shocked. I was thinking should I knock the door and tell them this is haram. But I never maybe because I was weak. Before you say it how do you know they weren't married; well they weren't cos I recognised the sister. Now the blame is not alone on the sister but the brother too.

Another time a sister with a hijab I saw outside the library sitting down with a woman and guy smoking a cigarette. You may not think of this incident as bad as the above but are these the characters of Muslims. Shouldn't we be different from the kuffar?

I'll leave it at that. Some of you may think I've targetted the sisters but this is not the case. My main point was to highlight what can be done. I'm thinking of doing a leaflet and leaving it in the sisters prayer room in university where sisters can pass onto the other sisters InshaALLAH.

So I want to know what I should put in this leaflet. Brothers and sisters please give me some ideas. JazakALLAH-heir

The reason why sisters are of primary concern is that because they seem more vulnerable. If a guy whether Muslim or not is a charmer then the sister is likely to fall for him. Also I find girls fall in love to quick. The sisters seem to mix with the guys more then the brothers do with the girls.

For the brothers we can actively give them Dawah plus I've seen many brothers change and come onto the right path. Is there anyone for the sisters? I don't think so. Also I'm not denying that sisters don't come back onto the right path.

:Alhumdill lately a lot of brothers have back to the deen. Again not denying that a lot of brothers are still too focused on dunya affairs.

I would like to emphasise that I'm not judging the sisters or trying to harass them but to merely educate them through these leaflets. It's worth the effort. Again the leaflets will be left in the sisters prayer rooms.

I've got a fair idea of what I want to include but any help would be most appreciated.

May ALLAH(SWT) give us all hidayat to come onto the right path and to follow His commands and the Sunnah tareekha (way) shown by the Prophet Muhammad(SAW). Ameen

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cat eyes
05-02-2010, 08:34 PM
:sl: handing out leaflets is a good idea. well brother you do have to be careful how you approach people

when telling them anything. there is a possibility they could have been married and Allah swt has warned us not to be suspicious in fact i know a married couple who are studying together but the sister has now

since left and doing an online course. Allah swt has also warned us not to judge either because Allah swt

know whats in the heart and he can guide them if he chooses. Allah can guide anyone so we must be

extremely careful of even saying stuff with our tongues to anyone. every single thing we uttered will be

recorded. i know its not the proper dress for sisters but you have to ask yourself do they know that?

what do they really know about islam altogether..? i know born muslims and they don't even know how

many sunnats and compulsory acts in the wudhu so you see they could be really in need of knowledge now

this is your chance to grab this opportunity to help them mashaAllah and i hope inshaAllah you will achieve your goal of changing some one but know that all you can do is give the message and only Allah is the one that can guide these people so make plenty of duaa

Abdul Wahid
05-02-2010, 08:39 PM
:sl: sister.

JazakALLAH-heir for your reply.

Agree with everything you have said.

Just to clarify I will not approach no one nor accuse them.

Just to produce the leaflets and leave them in the sisters prayers room so they can hand to other sisters.

InshaALLAH a way of educating the sisters and making them aware of what the Islamic requirements are.

Cabdullahi
05-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Brother run away as fast as you can! the feisty sisters on this forum will come and get you! how dare you talk about the sisters like that :(

Alhamdulilah at my university we have no-nonsense sisters who are very strong in terms of their religion and its the males more than anyone who indulge in the bad stuff

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
05-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Somethin weird I've noticed at my uni is that the most of the hijab wearing girls are malaysian, but then every and I mean almost every single one of them wears the exact same pair of tight jeans. Also please dont tell me to lower my gaze as I do, but its not somin hard to notice.

I thought malaysians were quite practicing I wonder if this is the norm in malaysia

Dagless
05-02-2010, 08:51 PM
If the sister was wearing hijab then she no doubt knows its haram.

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Wahid
I was walking past a study room and I saw a sister with a hijab snogging a guy. Now I was shocked. I was thinking should I knock the door and tell them this is haram.
If you ever need to raise money for anything; forget a sponsored run, just do what you were thinking of doing. I would have paid good money to see the outcome of that.
Seriously though, you should remember there is a time and a place to remind people; bursting in while the act is being performed, to lecture, might not be the best approach.

Cabdullahi
05-02-2010, 08:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
Somethin weird I've noticed at my uni is that the most of the hijab wearing girls are malaysian, but then every and I mean almost every single one of them wears the exact same pair of tight jeans. Also please dont tell me to lower my gaze as I do, but its not somin hard to notice.

I thought malaysians were quite practicing I wonder if this is the norm in malaysia
Brother i think its just your imagination...it happened to me once too...i saw sisters with hijab all wearing potato sacks until i realized it was me just daydrreaming

either its your imagination or Israel is shipping these special jeans to malaysia where all the sisters are happy to wear the same jeans without malice intended to each other

Ummu Sufyaan
05-03-2010, 03:07 AM
:sl:
1. pamphlets are a good idea. if you do this, as well as including ayahs and hadiths, try include, explain and focus on the whole uni lifestyle as well and its negative affects. these things tend to go hand in hand i find. you have an intermingling environment, then its only a stones throw away before you have people intermingling.

2. try getting a sister to advice them. for example if your own sister attends the uni then ask her to speak to them.

3. avoid talking to them personally because if you do that then they will deem that inconsistent on your part and are not likely to take heed.

4. start a website (or something along those lines) addressing the issues...thats another good indirect way.

The sisters seem to mix with the guys more then the brothers do with the girls.
sorry, but this doesn't make sense. if the sisters are intermingling, then there is someone that they have to be intermingling with. unless you mean the kuffar men?

If the sister was wearing hijab then she no doubt knows its haram.
that's actually not always the case.

Dagless
05-03-2010, 03:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
that's actually not always the case.
She is either wearing it out of personal choice - in which case she knows. Or she is being made to wear it - in which case her family is quite strict and she knows.

Ummu Sufyaan
05-03-2010, 03:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
She is either wearing it out of personal choice - in which case she knows. Or she is being made to wear it - in which case her family is quite strict and she knows.
or she is wearing it because it is her culture/family culture to wear it in which case its part of her cultural dress and therefore she is ignorant on the Islamic rulings concerning intermingling.

S<Chowdhury
05-03-2010, 10:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
Brother run away as fast as you can! the feisty sisters on this forum will come and get you! how dare you talk about the sisters like that :(

Alhamdulilah at my university we have no-nonsense sisters who are very strong in terms of their religion and its the males more than anyone who indulge in the bad stuff
Hey don't blame brothers aswell, it takes two to tango ;D joke. Here is an article about this topic:

Muslim College Life - Dating Drinking and Deen

cat eyes
05-03-2010, 02:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77

Then they are probably british born.. the malaysians i know wear the traditional dress or mostly the abaaya. they usually dont mix with other muslims from other countries.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!