/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Spiritual encounters

Darth Ultor
05-03-2010, 03:16 AM
You ever had a supernatural encounter? I know ghosts don't exist in Islam, but there are malevolent Jinn. In February of '09, I was walking my dog one calm night and then suddenly a really cold strong wind started blowing, the trees were flailing wildly, and the area by the development's clubhouse got a bit hazy in the distance, and I usually walk him around that area. But it seemed as though the universe itself was urging me to go back to the house. I bolted with the dog back to the house, and he was running with his tail between his legs, not wagging it like he usually does when running. Scariest feeling I ever had. Once I was back in the house, everything was calm again.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
05-03-2010, 03:24 AM
that sounds like the making of an enchanting evening Boaz..

typical start for tales from one of my favorite anthologies isbn 1aspx?isbn9780192804471 -

Yes I have many stories but would like to keep their sanctity .. I come from a city more ancient than sin and you can encounter everything there in the old buildings...:smile:

CosmicPathos
05-03-2010, 03:38 AM
^ lol ... let me take a guess. Iskandria?

جوري
05-03-2010, 03:58 AM
port saiid actually.. but no the old old house I am referring to was in cairo.. and I have seen things there so bizarre I prefer to classify them the active imagination of a child, although I know otherwise!

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Darth Ultor
05-07-2010, 06:32 PM
Are these actually Jinn, or can energy just linger on the earth?

Supreme
05-07-2010, 10:48 PM
I have previously had dreams where I dream something and it comes to fruition very soon, sometimes in the next day. Does that count?

جوري
05-07-2010, 10:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
Are these actually Jinn, or can energy just linger on the earth?
they were jinn and they too follow their own religions.. but I don't want to say more on this topic..

peace

LauraS
05-07-2010, 11:05 PM
^^^^ I have that Oxford book of ghost stories, I haven't read it yet though. I've had quite a few strange things during my time, I have premonition sort of experiences and get unexplained scratches. I won't dwell too much on it though because people would either think I'm mad or a liar. :\ Me and my friends stopped in a haunted Tudor manor house before, it was crazy lol, all the lights were off ,it was silent and then there was just the sound of someone scraping their fingers across the wooden end of one of the beds before there was all this banging on the wall that moved from the window to the wall by my head. My heart was pounding so much lol, then we just started laughing slightly hysterically. :P It took a while for us to turn the lights off again. My friend also moved from her bed because she had a packet of sweets on the shelf behind her and it sounded like someone had put their hand in and was rattling around. I just decided/hoped at the time it was her and didn't say anything until she asked if it was me. It was all very exciting really and we went back, but apart from a slight knocking nothing happened that time. :|

جوري
05-07-2010, 11:37 PM
I don't see why anyone would call you crazy or delusional or a liar.. in fact even the most skeptical of us has some strange encounter, I personally always look for a logical explanation as I adhere to the Islamic explanation which is that there is a veil between us and the other realm as such even Islamically speaking, I should have doubt on what it is I have seen.. but I know what I have seen and there is no way I can classify it under anything of the physical laws of our universe!

anyhow that is that!

peace

aadil77
05-07-2010, 11:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
port saiid actually.. but no the old old house I am referring to was in cairo.. and I have seen things there so bizarre I prefer to classify them the active imagination of a child, although I know otherwise!

have you seen jinn? what do they look like?

I heard there were some crazy jinn inside the tombs of pharoahs

جوري
05-07-2010, 11:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
have you seen jinn? what do they look like?

I heard there were some crazy jinn inside the tombs of pharoahs
I really don't want to talk about this, but will tell you this much.. whatever I have seen I have seen in the mirror, and others who have seen this particular thing have seen it only in the mirror.. and we'd named him abu dahr a7mar for an obvious reason!

LauraS
05-07-2010, 11:50 PM
I don't see why anyone would call you crazy or delusional or a liar.. in fact even the most skeptical of us has some strange encounter, I personally always look for a logical explanation as I adhere to the Islamic explanation which is that there is a veil between us and the other realm as such even Islamically speaking, I should have doubt on what it is I have seen.. but I know what I have seen and there is no way I can classify it under anything of the physical laws of our universe!

anyhow that is that!

peace
I meant I have quite a few stories and sometimes it feels like if I tell people that's what they'll think. Someitmes when it comes to premonitions there is no logical explanation, because there's no way you could have known what you do. It's like for a few seconds everything makes sense that shouldn't, then afterwards it's the oddest feeling because you were so certain of something but it no longer makes sense. Lots of people have premonitions I imagine, perhaps it's like you're tapping into a part of your brain that's not always in use.

aadil77
05-07-2010, 11:56 PM
I really don't want to talk about this, but will tell you this much.. whatever I have seen I have seen in the mirror, and others who have seen this particular thing have seen it only in the mirror.. and we'd named him abu dahr a7mar for an obvious reason!

Who was abu dhar, I remember his name?

I've seen jinn in the form of a cat, it sat outside my madrassa class and listened to us praying Quran

the mirror thing sounds scary, I remember kids used to say if you say some certain words whilst looking at the mirror - something comes after you

جوري
05-08-2010, 12:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by LauraS
I meant I have quite a few stories and sometimes it feels like if I tell people that's what they'll think. Someitmes when it comes to premonitions there is no logical explanation, because there's no way you could have known what you do. It's like for a few seconds everything makes sense that shouldn't, then afterwards it's the oddest feeling because you were so certain of something but it no longer makes sense. Lots of people have premonitions I imagine, perhaps it's like you're tapping into a part of your brain that's not always in use.
There are a few theories about that 'déjà vu' -- psychiatry in general is based on so much empiricism and as a quasi scientific substitute for things that folks otherwise render a particular religious meaning to.. but underneath it all you really don't know the cause of many of those phenomenon which run the gamut.. we can only theorize!

Who was abu dhar, I remember his name?

I've seen jinn in the form of a cat, it sat outside my madrassa class and listened to us praying Quran

the mirror thing sounds scary, I remember kids used to say if you say some certain words whilst looking at the mirror - something comes after you
abu dahr means possesses back.. abu dahr a7mar means possesses a red back.. anyhow.. this particular thing was harmless for I was told by my grandmother that she had seen it at fajr time in the mirror making ablution.. hence I believe they too follow different creeds, which I mean generally it is believed that they do-- the things I have seen as a child I haven't seen as an adult except in dreams.. and generally my dreams have come true even the terrible ones..

as an ex. once I had a dream about my dead uncle, he was dressed in a wedding type suit really sharp and looking very serious, everyone in my family was trying to avoid his gaze and I had missed him so much I wanted to go and hug him, I didn't understand why everyone was giving him the cold shoulder.. everyone was there except my aunt.. she was the only one not present.. I found out the next day that she died on her way to the hospital..:( anyhow stuff of that nature makes me wish to never dream but then sometimes I am sent some comforting dreams too and for those I am grateful!

Ramadhan
05-08-2010, 07:15 AM

This reminds me of own experience.
I had this white american friend who did not believe at all in the realm of djinn. He thought Indonesians are funny because we believe in all types of djinn. We shared an apartment in Jakarta which was built on a relocated graveyard (it is still surrounded by graveyards). Two experiences completely changed his opinion about the matter:

1. One night he was alone in the apartment with my cousin and I was away. They were in living room just talking and suddenly heard noises from the kitchen. They thought I'd arrived and entered through the back door and went cooking and made all that noises. But they got suspicious when they called me and no one answered from the kitchen. The noises kept continuing. Finally they decided to check out who's in the ktchen and collecting their courage, they went in to the kitchen, and just right then the noises stopped and no one was in the kitchen and the room looked as normal as before.

2. One morning when he was in the living area, he was looking at the free standing full length mirror and definitely saw a person or close to it in the mirror. It was definitely not a hallucination.

He was a skeptic before, but not after those two events :D

ardianto
05-08-2010, 10:00 AM
That was cat, not jinn.
Bloody marry ?, or other ghosts ?. That is in movie.

Do not ever call jinns to appear in the mirror. They will not appear in the mirror.
But later, they will come to you when you are not ready. And not in the mirror.

LauraS
05-08-2010, 10:12 AM
lol bloody Mary and the candyman. load of rubbish. Does anyone believe in spirit guides?

aadil77
05-08-2010, 10:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
That was cat, not jinn.

Do not ever call jinns to appear in the mirror. They will not appear in the mirror.
;D nah my teacher said you can get jinns inside animals

nah I think it was the candyman LOL, and its called bloody Mary, not marry

ardianto
05-08-2010, 10:18 AM
I don't talk about bloody mary or candyman.

But, don't ever call any spirit.

ardianto
05-08-2010, 10:18 AM
EDIT
(double post again. What happen, I submit once, not twice).

ardianto
05-08-2010, 10:26 AM
;D nah my teacher said you can get jinns inside animals
But I am sure, that was not jinn, but real cat.
nah I think it was the candyman LOL, and its called bloody Mary, not marry
I mean Mary, name of a woman. I am not an English native speaker, remember ?.

I think it's better if I do not tell my experiences with spiritual encounter here.
Or, this thread will turn into Horror thread. ;D

Ramadhan
05-08-2010, 10:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
That was cat, not jinn.

Jinn are created in several types:

Abu Tha’labah al-Khushani said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘The jinn are of three types: a types that has wings, and they fly through the air; a type that looks like snakes and dogs; and a type that stops for a rest then resumes its journey.” (Reported by al-Tahhaawi in Mushkil al-Athaar, 4/95, and by al-Tabaraani in al-Kabeer, 22/214. Shaykh al-Albaani said in al-Mishkaat (2/1206, no. 4148): al-Tahhaawi and Abu’l-Shaykh reported it with a saheeh isnaad).

They are even able to take forms of human beings:

The story narrated by al-Bukhaari (3275) from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) put me in charge of guarding the zakaah of Ramadaan. Someone came to me and started scooping up some of the food, and I said, “By Allaah, I will take you to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).” He complained of being in need and having dependents, so Abu Hurayrah took pity on him and let him go. This happened three times, and on the third occasion, Abu Hurayrah said: “I will take you to the Messenger of Allaah. This is the third time and each time you say that you will not come back, then you come back.” He said, “Let me go and I will teach you something by means of which Allaah will benefit you.” I said: “What is it?” he said: “When you go to bed, recite Aayat al-Kursi, ‘Allaah! Laa ilaaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), Al-Hayyul-Qayyoom (the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists)…’ [al-Baqarah 2:255] until you complete the verse, then you will always have a protector from Allaah, and no devil will come near you until morning comes. So I let him go, and the next morning I told the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) what had happened. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “He told you the truth, although he is a liar. Do you know who you have been speaking to for three nights, O Abu Hurayrah?” He said: “No.” He said: “That was a devil (a shaytaan).”

جوري
05-08-2010, 04:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
This reminds me of own experience.
I had this white american friend who did not believe at all in the realm of djinn. He thought Indonesians are funny because we believe in all types of djinn. We shared an apartment in Jakarta which was built on a relocated graveyard (it is still surrounded by graveyards). Two experiences completely changed his opinion about the matter:

1. One night he was alone in the apartment with my cousin and I was away. They were in living room just talking and suddenly heard noises from the kitchen. They thought I'd arrived and entered through the back door and went cooking and made all that noises. But they got suspicious when they called me and no one answered from the kitchen. The noises kept continuing. Finally they decided to check out who's in the ktchen and collecting their courage, they went in to the kitchen, and just right then the noises stopped and no one was in the kitchen and the room looked as normal as before.

2. One morning when he was in the living area, he was looking at the free standing full length mirror and definitely saw a person or close to it in the mirror. It was definitely not a hallucination.

He was a skeptic before, but not after those two events :D
I have a story about that too, sob7an Allah.. it took place in England and near a grave yard, since we'd stayed there for a couple of months.. I have to run errands now, maybe later insha'Allah...l

aadil77
05-08-2010, 07:25 PM
I have a story about that too, sob7an Allah.. it took place in England and near a grave yard, since we'd stayed there for a couple of months.. I have to run errands now, maybe later insha'Allah...l
to be continued.... :skeleton:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-08-2010, 08:19 PM
Aslaamu alaaykum
Wow this is soooooooo scaryyy...
Theres this video on youtube of this cat whos sooo feirce like..almost looks like its got a jinn in it..Allahu Alam im not sure..
and yeah this topic is soooo NOT good for me but thought id comment i heard many silly stories..
I thought Ghosts were Jinn the Non muslims ones thats why u can see them and you cant see the Muslims ones..This is my own opinion not what ive been brought up with ...But yeah Trust in Allaah Subhaanu Wa Tala to protect you :)
Always seek Refugee with Allaah from the Shaytaan..
Trust in Allaah he protects you :)... So yeah .....
It Works uno Alhamdulilahi Rabil Alameeen...

Wa alaaykum Salaam

Darth Ultor
05-08-2010, 09:26 PM
Jinn can possess humans?

جوري
05-08-2010, 09:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
Jinn can possess humans?
Yes in fact I know of Jews who believe that too..[plus the 'dark arts' of prophet Solomon (p)]
Do you not?

Snowflake
05-08-2010, 09:49 PM
I hope we don't have a power cut now. It's nearly midnight and I'm home alone - and there is a mirror just to my right lol :-\ :phew

Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
Aa udhu billah!

As children... (I'm really scared now, I think I'll play surah al baqarah as I type lol)

That's better Allahu akbar!

As I was, that my parents used to warn us against looking into mirrors at night. We were never told why though. Then some time ago I was reading the Prophet's Book of Medicine, and it said looking into a mirror at night can cause facial paralysis. SubhanAllah. This is serious.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-08-2010, 09:56 PM
OMG why did i haave to read thissssssssssssssssssss..NOW i feell so scared and paranoid..I DONTLIKE MIRRORS this is scaring meee i have 1 in my roooooooooooom...
Astagfirullaah....IM SOOOOOOOOO STUPID...im gona unsubscribe from this thread..

جوري
05-08-2010, 09:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
I hope we don't have a power cut now. It's nearly midnight and I'm home alone - and there is a mirror just to my right lol :-\ :phew

Aa udhu billah!

As children... (I'm really scared now, I think I'll play surah al baqarah as I type lol)

That's better Allahu akbar!

As I was, that my parents used to warn us against looking into mirrors at night. We were never told why though. Then some time ago I was reading the Prophet's Book of Medicine, and it said looking into a mirror at night can cause facial paralysis. SubhanAllah. This is serious.

you really don't know what my grandmother's house looked like.. her mirrors must have at least been a hundred years old and I honestly think alot older..

I am talking old large mirrors that looked like this in old rooms

I don't think there is anything remotely close to that anymore in existence.. you know the house has been abandoned for many yrs but still owned by my family.. I ought to go there sometimes and take some of the old furniture I am sure it would be worth alot in one of those antique road shows ..

Snowflake
05-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Awww sis Muslim, cover it up lol. Put on a recitation of al Baqarah. It's made me feel safe. :)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-08-2010, 10:01 PM
BUT WHAT IF I HAVE A "ONE OF THEM" IN MY ROOM?

When i hear this typa stuff or read ..it keeps me awake all night even im dead sleepy MANN :( thiss nooot good

Snowflake
05-08-2010, 10:01 PM
you really don't know what my grandmother's house looked like.. her mirrors must have at least been a hundred years old and I honestly think alot older..

I am talking old large mirrors that looked like this in old rooms

I don't think there is anything remotely close to that anymore in existence.. you know the house has been abandoned for many yrs but still owned by my family.. I ought to go there sometimes and take some of the old furniture I am sure it would be worth alot in one of those antique road shows ..

Lol I was going to suggest selling it as an antique too, but it's got a head or two, so forget that. That mirror is really spooky though. I'd never look into it.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-08-2010, 10:02 PM
its hard to cover it up..plus i dnt even wana go near it now..how im i gona see my face tomorow SubhaanAllaah

Snowflake
05-08-2010, 10:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim World 12
BUT WHAT IF I HAVE A "ONE OF THEM" IN MY ROOM?

When i hear this typa stuff or read ..it keeps me awake all night even im dead sleepy MANN :( thiss nooot good
Surah al Baqarah will cause the shaytaan(s) to flee sis. Recite Ayahtul Kursi, an-Nas & al-Falaq. There is no might or power except Allahs. Allah is with you sis :)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-08-2010, 10:06 PM
I swear that made me smile but dont reply now sis only in pmS..InshaAllaah coz im guna unsubscribe :)

Goodbye freaky thread *runs away faster than the wind*

So yeAh

جوري
05-08-2010, 10:06 PM
Lol I was going to suggest selling it as an antique too, but it's got a head or two, so forget that. That mirror is really spooky though. I'd never look into it.

my grandmother's mirrors were ornate, I can't recall if they had heads or not.. but they must also weigh a ton so they'd be difficult to drag really.. I got to tell you everyone was without a blemish in those mirrors-- people looked positively radiant and attractive even the pimply faced teenagers..

God I miss her and the old house sometimes.. I had a dream about her after she died and she was in her kitchen smiling and I was standing by the window where she kept her water urns.. ah to capture that again for an hour..

Snowflake
05-08-2010, 10:27 PM
my grandmother's mirrors were ornate, I can't recall if they had heads or not.. but they must also weigh a ton so they'd be difficult to drag really.. I got to tell you everyone was without a blemish in those mirrors-- people looked positively radiant and attractive even the pimply faced teenagers..

God I miss her and the old house sometimes.. I had a dream about her after she died and she was in her kitchen smiling and I was standing by the window where she kept her water urns.. ah to capture that again for an hour..
We could all do with a mirror which lies :P

I wonder if you could capture your lovely memory on paper? Some memories are so precious that they are worth sharing with the next generation.

May Allah unite you with your grandmother in al-Firdaws ukhti. Ameen :)

جوري
05-08-2010, 10:30 PM
We could all do with a mirror which lies :P

I wonder if you could capture your lovely memory on paper? Some memories are so precious that they are worth sharing with the next generation.

May Allah unite you with your grandmother in al-Firdaws ukhti. Ameen :)
so true sis.. ameen.. may he unite us all (Muslims) in jannatul firdaws ameen ya rabb.. then we can reminisce of our time on earth but with less sorrow..

Snowflake
05-08-2010, 10:33 PM
Ameen.. with no sorrow my dear sis :statisfie

Rabi Mansur
05-08-2010, 10:53 PM
I have a story about that too, sob7an Allah.. it took place in England and near a grave yard, since we'd stayed there for a couple of months...l
That kind of reminds me of my only encounters with ghosts. I am a skeptic so don't fall for much, but I have had two encounters that made me wonder if they are real.

First one was in Okinawa. If you've ever been there you know that there are bodies buried all over Okinawa from the war. I was a mormon missionary there years ago. Our apartment was in a spot cut out next to a hill. I could see out my window and about 4 or 5 feet away from the window was a grave. My bed was next to the window so I was sleeping close to where someone was buried. One night, my companion, who was in the bed next to mine, all of a sudden started screaming that a spirit was trying to attack him. He was thrashing around yelling, screaming, etc. It was really scarey. Some other missionaries and myself had to physically restrain him. Really weird experience.

The other one was when I was in college. One night I woke up and there was a horrible stench in the air and it felt like there was this oppressive spirit in the room. I just put the pillow over my face and head and waited for it to leave. The next morning I asked my roommate if he had noticed anything odd like a horrible stench, (he was from south america and believed in spirits and all kinds of weird stuff) he told me that he had been calling spirits in the night. And that some spirits (evil spirits) had a horrible stench. It really freaked me out when he told me.

Anyway...

:wa:

aadil77
05-08-2010, 11:00 PM
jinns are usually found at grave yards

LauraS
05-08-2010, 11:10 PM
What is a jinn in Islam, is it a word for spirit or does it mean something more than that?

Ayesha Rana
05-08-2010, 11:19 PM
lol people stop getting all stressed Jinns are EVERYWHERE. They live on this earth like we do but hmmm how to explain, it's like a radio, they are just on a diferent channel but still there. We should not try to interact with them because it is not the way that Allah made for us and if it does happen that the barrier is crossed then it is Qadr (fate) and was meant to be. There are Jinns all around, they mind their own business (mostly) and we mind ours.

Read your Dua's and you will be safe. Don't just 'read' but know the meaning of what you are saying. How can you expect Allah to answer your prayer when yuo don't know what you are asking for, have some respect (though I am sure we all do :-))

And sis who mentioned the Spirit Guides. My sister was doing a memory course. She came accross one that seemed pretty good so she signed up for the first level and then after some browsing she found reviews on it. As you progress through the levels you are todl that you can pick anyone at all fromt he past to be your spirit guide. The guy who was talking about this with one of the course dudes was telling about a lady who chose Jesus as her spirit guide. This guide told her to do really wierd stuff nothing to do with christianity that confused her and sent her totally off track, then she met some devout christians who told her what christianity really was and when she started listening to them her spirit guide tried to kill her. This guy said, and I believe him, that they were demons (well I'd say jinn) because jinn have longer life spans than us, whether she has chosen her grandma or anyone each human is assigned Qareen (an evil jinn aka devil who tries to make us do bad throughout our life) The Qareen of the person chosen as a quide just comes and tricks you into thinking it is them by reminding you of memories you had togetehr or imitating the voice of the person. Easy for them. Harmful for us if we fall for it.

Don't rely on supernatural spirit guides and the like. Rely on God. If you are sincere and you want to be guided ask Him with an open heart to guide you to what is right and He will. You don't need anyone else. Just God. God is enough, He created us, turn to Him, why go for intermediaries and other wierdy things when the Greatest Being, your Creator who knows you more than yourself is ready to help you and carry you through.

Ayesha Rana
05-08-2010, 11:28 PM
A Jinn is another being

Okay as muslims we believe in Angels Humans and Jinn.
Angels are made of light, Humans of clay and Jinn from a smokeless flame.

God created Jinn like He created humand and Angels. Jinn like Humans have free will. They were made before humans and lived on this earth but they disobeyed God and they have very fiery tempers. God destroyed the majority of them and banished the rest that is why they mostly have their dwellings in empty desolate places like graveyards, deserts, ocean and they fear humans so they don't really make contact with us (though there are the exceptions). Jinn, like humans can be good or bad (due to their free will). They too have religions and sects just like humans, so there are Jewish, Christian, Hindu and Muslim Jinns...etc The bad ones are what we call devils. Satan is a Jinn too. God raised him to the status of the Angels because he worshipped God for so long with the Angels. When the command came for all the Angels to bow down to Adam in obedience to Gods command Satan was included in this order because he was with the Angels but he was proud and refused to bow don to Adam so God banished him from paradise. Satan asked God to grant him respite till the Day of Ressurection and God granted him this. Satan vowed to mislead as many as he could and take them to hell with him. God said that He would fill Hell with the evildoers but as for His pious slaves, Satan would have no power over them. So we as muslims try to obey and worship God in the way He taught us so that He will protect us from being led astray and put us in to Heaven with His Mercy. Everyone sins. God says the son of Adam is sinful but the best of the sinners are those who repent.

lol I don't know where I have ended up in my reply now lol but I hope I answered your question :D

LauraS
05-08-2010, 11:31 PM
^^^Gosh lol, I wasn't expecting the story about the spirit guide to turn the way it did. I believe we are assigned good spirit guides though, I've got this really interesting book about them. I've had little incidents, like little words of advice, for example to not leave my book on the table next to my bed because I would knock my drink over. The first thing I did when I woke up was knock my drink over. I always leave my book and drink together usually, so it's not as though it was just common sense speaking. I often get sort of premonitions about really innane things or information about people just jumps into my head randomly. As I said I'm quite into the theory that it's when we tap into the other parts of our brain that aren't in everyday use, because who knows what potential there is with the percentage that just lies dormant? It's fascinating really.

aadil77
05-08-2010, 11:35 PM
What is a jinn in Islam, is it a word for spirit or does it mean something more than that?
just think of them as a paralell race to humans - except they're invisible to us,

in christianity you call em demons, like the ones in prophet Solomons army

LauraS
05-08-2010, 11:36 PM
just think of them as a paralell race to humans - except they're invisible to us,

in christianity you call em demons, like the ones in prophet Solomons army
Oh ok thanks, so they're not good then.

Ayesha Rana
05-08-2010, 11:40 PM
no that's not them as in they are not just bad. There are good ones too. They are just another race. Good or bad. Like we are. Solomon had control over the Jinn but not all jinn are evil. They have feelings and lives too they are a race of their own.

جوري
05-08-2010, 11:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rabimansur
That kind of reminds me of my only encounters with ghosts. I am a skeptic so don't fall for much, but I have had two encounters that made me wonder if they are real.

First one was in Okinawa. If you've ever been there you know that there are bodies buried all over Okinawa from the war. I was a mormon missionary there years ago. Our apartment was in a spot cut out next to a hill. I could see out my window and about 4 or 5 feet away from the window was a grave. My bed was next to the window so I was sleeping close to where someone was buried. One night, my companion, who was in the bed next to mine, all of a sudden started screaming that a spirit was trying to attack him. He was thrashing around yelling, screaming, etc. It was really scarey. Some other missionaries and myself had to physically restrain him. Really weird experience.

The other one was when I was in college. One night I woke up and there was a horrible stench in the air and it felt like there was this oppressive spirit in the room. I just put the pillow over my face and head and waited for it to leave. The next morning I asked my roommate if he had noticed anything odd like a horrible stench, (he was from south america and believed in spirits and all kinds of weird stuff) he told me that he had been calling spirits in the night. And that some spirits (evil spirits) had a horrible stench. It really freaked me out when he told me.

Anyway...

:wa:

sob7an Allah in fact my experience was very similar to that though I cast it aside as a nocturnal panic attack.. our British flat mate thought it would be amusing to 'summon up spirits' so I sat and watched while our third friend decided she wanted nothing to do with it and went to her room.. while the other three had at it.. I thought the whole thing was so cheesy-- they were playing with the Ouija 'summoning spirits from the nearby grave yard' and I just chuckled thinking they were making crap up.. anyway when I went to bed later around 2-3 am I felt a hand try to suffocate me and I actually saw this shadowy being but my vision was blurry and I was so startled that I could barely catch my breath, I felt like I was struggling with a being and managed to turn on the light on my desk, but I was really confused and thought it was the girls playing a stupid joke on me so I went marching to the first ones door and her room was locked she was dead asleep and because of my loud hammering at the door she came, she was horrified herself and really startled because I was accusing her of things left and right.. when I managed to calm down a bit and felt like none of it made sense.. I just thought the only logical explanation is a nocturnal panic attack or something and the 'shadowy being' was part of a dream or a trance state.. because honestly I don't know what else it could be!

Ayesha Rana
05-08-2010, 11:43 PM
lol next time read the Ayat ul kursi before you go to bed. That must have been scary...

Darth Ultor
09-25-2010, 12:44 PM
Can Jinn hurt humans?

aadil77
09-25-2010, 01:14 PM
Oh ok thanks, so they're not good then.
good/bad just like us, the ones in his army were obviously good as they were believers and they obeyed him

LauraS
09-25-2010, 04:17 PM
good/bad just like us, the ones in his army were obviously good as they were believers and they obeyed him
Oh, I'd forgotten what we were talking about lol, I had to look back! :p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!