/* */

PDA

View Full Version : the mannerism of a muslim

Ummu Sufyaan
05-03-2010, 08:49 AM
:sl:
how should the mannerism of a muslim be? i mean his/her speech? what type of speech should a Muslim avoid?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
05-03-2010, 12:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
how should the mannerism of a muslim be? i mean his/her speech? what type of speech should a Muslim avoid?
- Bad speech (cursing, backbiting, etc etc)
- Useless speech.

Useless speech does not mean anythng non-religious. It just means don't swell on sports topics etc. But if you're talking about recipes, business, etc that's useful to some extent.

It's really important for a Muslim to be merciful in his words and actions though. MERCIFUL. Allah Ta'ala is the MOST Merciful, but we can also show Rahma to the creations of Allah Ta'ala in the hope for mercy from the Almighty. This applies to being patient when someone is hurting you etc. It's really a test of patience most of the time.

But controlling anger is what separates humans and animals.

distressed
05-06-2010, 10:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
- Bad speech (cursing, backbiting, etc etc)
- Useless speech.

It's really important for a Muslim to be merciful in his words and actions though. MERCIFUL. Allah Ta'ala is the MOST Merciful, but we can also show Rahma to the creations of Allah Ta'ala in the hope for mercy from the Almighty. This applies to being patient when someone is hurting you etc. It's really a test of patience most of the time.

But controlling anger is what separates humans and animals.
If some1 has hurt you, then how can you patient ?? I would be interested to know. Im only just finding my way back to my faith, but sometimes, if you know that person, is intent on hurting and is doing a real gud job of it, then it takes a lot for som1 just to 4give ? doesnt it ? sometimes its not easy to control your anger, if some1 has been unjust to you.

Ummu Sufyaan
05-06-2010, 10:40 AM
^ its completely understandable where you are coming from, but sometimes its best not to react (or at least not in front of the person that is making you angry) becuase it just shows them that what they are doing is right and it makes them happy that they have hurt you. the best thing to do in these situations is to be smart about it and just show the other cheek.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
distressed
05-08-2010, 11:13 PM
^ its completely understandable where you are coming from, but sometimes its best not to react (or at least not in front of the person that is making you angry) becuase it just shows them that what they are doing is right and it makes them happy that they have hurt you. the best thing to do in these situations is to be smart about it and just show the other cheek.
Its not always easy to do that, cos theres some really nasty people in this world, sometimes you cant have the patience, to ignore people.

Ayesha Rana
05-08-2010, 11:47 PM
Nah that's why you turn to God and give your affairs to Him to settle for you. And remember the golden rule!!!!! The Reward that you get when you got hrough a trial is proportional to the Sabr you have. The more patience you have the more you are rewarded and this one always keeps me going---->

There is no Hand but the Hand of Allah is above it,
There is no Opressor but he is tried with a greater Opression.

Wat goes around comes around.
Noone will get away with anything

If there weern't nasy evil horrible cruel spiteful people in this world then where is the test? You have to prove yourself to be worthy of Jannah

Ummu Sufyaan
05-09-2010, 09:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by distressed
Its not always easy to do that, cos theres some really nasty people in this world, sometimes you cant have the patience, to ignore people.
i know =( inshallah everythign goes well. sometimes though it feels good knowing that the reason why people will/may attack you, etc is because they know you are better then them and/or because of their own insecurity...so by them being nasty in reality is just a reflection of their own self.

distressed
05-09-2010, 07:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ayesha Rana
Nah that's why you turn to God and give your affairs to Him to settle for you. And remember the golden rule!!!!! The Reward that you get when you got hrough a trial is proportional to the Sabr you have. The more patience you have the more you are rewarded and this one always keeps me going---->

There is no Hand but the Hand of Allah is above it,
There is no Opressor but he is tried with a greater Opression.

Wat goes around comes around.
Noone will get away with anything

If there weern't nasy evil horrible cruel spiteful people in this world then where is the test? You have to prove yourself to be worthy of Jannah
I understand what your trying to say, its just im not practising atm, so although i have a faith, i dont think i entirely rely on it, if that makes any sense. How do you guys have such strong faith ?? I do intend to change my ways, hence the reason why i joined this forum, to erase the mistakes & to learn more about islam.

Ayesha Rana
05-09-2010, 08:57 PM
I understand what your trying to say, its just im not practising atm, so although i have a faith, i dont think i entirely rely on it, if that makes any sense. How do you guys have such strong faith ?? I do intend to change my ways, hence the reason why i joined this forum, to erase the mistakes & to learn more about islam.
I owe everything to my Mum (firstly Allah (swt) of course because He is the one who put my soul in this body with this family and let me have the upbringing I did).

Good intention ukhtee is excellent. All actions are by their intentions. But good intentions do not justify wrong actions which is why we need Allah's help for everything we intend to undertake. The more you try the easier it will become. You will see. Keep it up.
Be sincere some of the things I did that I think helped strengthen my Iman were to read good Islamic books:
'Spectacle of Death' is one I would realy reccomend, it sort of wakes you up and makes you realise the end will come what are you going to do now to prepare for it?
Read hadith books, Riyadh us Saliheen by Imam Nawawi is lovely and my all time favourite when I was a young teenager. Tafseer books (explanations of he Qur'an) Tafseer ibn Kathir is one of the best. Read it. At first to do this, to learn about deen might feel hard and tiresome but when you get into it and if you are sincere your heart will open and you will feel a love and devotion to Allah and a strong desire to please Him that nothing can shake. And even if you stumble you will always stand up firm and stronger than before. May Allah make it easy for you.

distressed
05-10-2010, 10:54 AM
I owe everything to my Mum (firstly Allah (swt) of course because He is the one who put my soul in this body with this family and let me have the upbringing I did).

Good intention ukhtee is excellent. All actions are by their intentions. But good intentions do not justify wrong actions which is why we need Allah's help for everything we intend to undertake. The more you try the easier it will become. You will see. Keep it up.
Be sincere some of the things I did that I think helped strengthen my Iman were to read good Islamic books:
'Spectacle of Death' is one I would realy reccomend, it sort of wakes you up and makes you realise the end will come what are you going to do now to prepare for it?

Read hadith books, Riyadh us Saliheen by Imam Nawawi is lovely and my all time favourite when I was a young teenager. Tafseer books (explanations of he Qur'an) Tafseer ibn Kathir is one of the best. Read it. At first to do this, to learn about deen might feel hard and tiresome but when you get into it and if you are sincere your heart will open and you will feel a love and devotion to Allah and a strong desire to please Him that nothing can shake. And even if you stumble you will always stand up firm and stronger than before. May Allah make it easy for you.
I am trying, its just i have limited knowledge, so its a bit difficult to know where to start. Ive got spectacle of death...and have read bits of it. I'll look the other books up, thanks.

glo
07-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Nah that's why you turn to God and give your affairs to Him to settle for you.
Those are wonderful words, Ayesha Rana. :statisfie
If we truly believe that God is in control of all things and situations, should we not trust him and try to leave everything to his wisdom?

I agree with Distressed that it is not always easy to put this into practice, but we should never stop reminding ourselves and each other to give our problems to the ONE who knows best how to deal with them!
On our own, we might have the best intentions and try as hard as we like - but without God's guidance we are only likely to mess it up!

Danah
07-02-2010, 03:18 PM
When I deal with some really arrogant/ignorant/selfish peope that I know that no matter how hard I try with them will have no effect I just ignore them. Because my time is more precious to me than wasting it with such people.

Sometimes ignoring people is way harder on them than give me a bit of attention, just leave them to the one who create them. My way of life is as Allah said in Quran:
"and when the ignorant people talk to them they just say: peace"

cat eyes
07-02-2010, 03:28 PM
there is hadith which says the strong man is not the one who wrestles but the strong man is one who controls himself when hes angry

so if anyone argues with you its for you own good, you walk away from them, if you can not do it for yourself then do it for Allah.

in many hadiths you will find its just best to keep your mouth shut thats it and let Allah deal with the person

you will have no excuses on day of judgement in fact this is sign of a believer, the one who lets his tongue get the best of him is not looking to the day of judgement.

this includes being sarcastic, making snide remarks, throwing personal insults. its extremely disgusting for a muslim to behave this way and very sad to see. theres no excuse for it

Danah
07-02-2010, 03:33 PM
This might help in clarify the manners a Muslim should have:
http://protectedpearl.webs.com/apps/...tant-in-islam-

glo
07-02-2010, 04:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
When I deal with some really arrogant/ignorant/selfish peope that I know that no matter how hard I try with them will have no effect I just ignore them. Because my time is more precious to me than wasting it with such people.
Salaam, sister Danah

I agree.

Sometimes the best (but also the hardest) thing is to know when to walk away from such people or such conversations/situations.
I think we need to ask ourselves the following questions:

1. Is there a purpose to this conversation/situation?
2. Is it beneficial to myself and/or the other person involved?
3. Are the people involved (myself and the other person) willing to listen to each other?
4. How is my own emotional state? Am I calm and rational enough to deal with this conversation/situation appropriately?

If the answer to any of these questions is 'No', then there is no point continuing and it is probably best to walk away.
Anything else is only likely to worsen the situation. Most of all, the person most likely to get hurt is YOU.

We have to remember that we cannot change other people.
We cannot always easily change ourselves, but we can change the way we act!

If there is nothing else one can do, then why try? Let it go, forgive, and steer away from anger and bitterness.

There is a saying which goes 'Let go and let God'
If we cannot do any more, then why not leave it to the ONE who can?

Another thing to remember is that the other person - no matter how much one might disagree or how frustrating the situation may be at the time - is only human too!
Chances are that - despite our differences - we have more in common than we realise.
We are still brothers/sisters in humanity, and should therefore remain respectful and kind towards each other.

Ummu Sufyaan
07-03-2010, 03:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah

Sometimes ignoring people is way harder on them than give me a bit of attention, just leave them to the one who create them. My way of life is as Allah said in Quran:
"and when the ignorant people talk to them they just say: peace"
i also have learnt that peoples stupidity isn't my problem to deal with :P

Raziah
07-03-2010, 07:14 AM
Muslim should say a useful thing or to be quite, that's all.

Danah
07-03-2010, 10:38 AM
i also have learnt that peoples stupidity isn't my problem to deal with :P
lol exactly!!
That's why I said that we should not waste our time on them :P

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!