/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Cats

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Aslaamu alaaykum..

Ermm ...well since ive never created a Thready before thought id make one for once..so yeah :)...
Well i have a Question about Cats...

Did the Prophet Sallahu Alaaayhi Wa Salam have a Cat? I read somewhere that he had a Cat called Muezza, but i dont know the Authencity of the story, so yeah...

Do Animals pray? like the mountains,trees, ants in other words creation of Allaah worship Allaah? im not so sure about that, please correct me if im wrong InshaAllaah

Please can you post Hadeeths about Cats and how you should treat them and how special animals are in Islaam please ..:):statisfie also any other info you have regarding Animals in Islaam please share id love to know...and if you`ve had a Pet then please share some lovely times you had with them ..

Jazakallahu khayr for all your helpful Geeky Input..so yeahh:uuh::statisfie

Wa alaaykum Salaaam....

Ps..I hope this Thread made sense too InshaAllaah..i kinda get carried away sometimes so forgive me InshaAllaah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul Wahid
05-03-2010, 05:46 PM
:sl: sister.

Your first thread - are you serious? 646 posts & no thread! Shocking!

I'm not sure your thread is in the right place but it don't matter. I'm sure sister cat eyes should know about this.

With regards to the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) having a cat - there is nothing in Hadith or Qu'ran to suggest this. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

However the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) was kind and gentle with cats. He appreciated cats. Prophet Muhammad (SAW) favourite cat was Muezza. There is a well known story regarding the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and Muezza.

When the call to prayers was heard, Muezza was asleep on one of the sleeves of the Prophet’s (SAW) robes. The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) wanted to wear the robe to go to prayers. Rather than disturb Muezza, Prophet Muhammad (SAW) cut off the sleeve to leave Muezza in peace.

Again I don't the authenticity behind this or any authentic source.

It is permissible to keep cats in the house, and there is nothing wrong with that because cats are not harmful or naajis (impure). With regard to cats not being harmful, no one disputes that, rather they are useful because they eat snakes, rats bugs and other things that may be in the house or yard.

With regard to cats not being naajis, this is known from the hadeeth of Kabshah bint Ka’b ibn Maalik, who said that Abu Qutaadah – her husband's father – entered upon her and she poured water for him to do wudoo’, and a cat came to drink from it, so he tipped the vessel for it to drink. Kabshah said: “He saw me looking at him and said, “Do you find it strange, O daughter of my brother?’ I said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of ALLAH be upon him) said, “They (cats) are not naajis, rather they are of those who go around amongst you.”’

(Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 92; al-Nasaa’i, 68; Abu Dawood, 75; Ibn Maajah, 367. classed as saheeh by al-Albaani. Ibn Hajar narrated in al-Talkhees that al-Bukhaari classed it as saheeh).

Islam’s teachings in relation to cats (and other animals) indicates a gentle approach to our fellow creatures, including humans!

It was narrated that Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of ALLAH be upon him) said: “A woman entered Hell because of a cat which she tied up and did not feed, nor did she let it loose to feed upon the vermin of the earth.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3140; Muslim, 2242). The vermin of the earth means insects and mice, etc. This hadeeth does not denounce the woman for keeping a cat, but it demonstrates that the woman’s sin was in not feeding it or leaving it to eat from the vermin of the earth.

The great Sahaabi Abu Hurayrah (literally “Father of the Kitten”) was so called because he used to love cats and keep them. He became well known by this name and people forgot his real name, until the scholars disputed concerning his real name and there were nearly thirty different opinions as to what it was. Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr said in al-Istee’aab: “The most correct view is that his name was ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn Sakhr but none of them disputed that he was Abu Hurayrah.”

Note: It is permissible to keep cats but it is not permissible to buy or sell them; they may be given as gifts or given away. That is because of the hadeeth of Abu’l-Zubayr who said: “I asked Jaabir about the price of dogs and cats. He said, ‘The Prophet (peace and blessings of ALLAH be upon him) forbade that.’” (Narrated by Muslim, 1569).

And ALLAH(SWT) knows best.

:wa:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-03-2010, 07:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Wahid
:sl: sister.

Your first thread - are you serious? 646 posts & no thread! Shocking!

I'm not sure your thread is in the right place but it don't matter. I'm sure sister cat eyes should know about this.

With regards to the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) having a cat - there is nothing in Hadith or Qu'ran to suggest this. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

However the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) was kind and gentle with cats. He appreciated cats. Prophet Muhammad (SAW) favourite cat was Muezza. There is a well known story regarding the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and Muezza.

When the call to prayers was heard, Muezza was asleep on one of the sleeves of the Prophet’s (SAW) robes. The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) wanted to wear the robe to go to prayers. Rather than disturb Muezza, Prophet Muhammad (SAW) cut off the sleeve to leave Muezza in peace.

Again I don't the authenticity behind this or any authentic source.

It is permissible to keep cats in the house, and there is nothing wrong with that because cats are not harmful or naajis (impure). With regard to cats not being harmful, no one disputes that, rather they are useful because they eat snakes, rats bugs and other things that may be in the house or yard.

With regard to cats not being naajis, this is known from the hadeeth of Kabshah bint Ka’b ibn Maalik, who said that Abu Qutaadah – her husband's father – entered upon her and she poured water for him to do wudoo’, and a cat came to drink from it, so he tipped the vessel for it to drink. Kabshah said: “He saw me looking at him and said, “Do you find it strange, O daughter of my brother?’ I said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of ALLAH be upon him) said, “They (cats) are not naajis, rather they are of those who go around amongst you.”’

(Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 92; al-Nasaa’i, 68; Abu Dawood, 75; Ibn Maajah, 367. classed as saheeh by al-Albaani. Ibn Hajar narrated in al-Talkhees that al-Bukhaari classed it as saheeh).

Islam’s teachings in relation to cats (and other animals) indicates a gentle approach to our fellow creatures, including humans!

It was narrated that Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of ALLAH be upon him) said: “A woman entered Hell because of a cat which she tied up and did not feed, nor did she let it loose to feed upon the vermin of the earth.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3140; Muslim, 2242). The vermin of the earth means insects and mice, etc. This hadeeth does not denounce the woman for keeping a cat, but it demonstrates that the woman’s sin was in not feeding it or leaving it to eat from the vermin of the earth.

The great Sahaabi Abu Hurayrah (literally “Father of the Kitten”) was so called because he used to love cats and keep them. He became well known by this name and people forgot his real name, until the scholars disputed concerning his real name and there were nearly thirty different opinions as to what it was. Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr said in al-Istee’aab: “The most correct view is that his name was ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn Sakhr but none of them disputed that he was Abu Hurayrah.”

Note: It is permissible to keep cats but it is not permissible to buy or sell them; they may be given as gifts or given away. That is because of the hadeeth of Abu’l-Zubayr who said: “I asked Jaabir about the price of dogs and cats. He said, ‘The Prophet (peace and blessings of ALLAH be upon him) forbade that.’” (Narrated by Muslim, 1569).

And ALLAH(SWT) knows best.

:wa:
Aslaamu alaaykum

Jazakallahu khaayr for your awesome replyy...i really appreciate it very much..becasue i adore Animals..

And lol yes its my first post but like i have a "Introduce Yourself" post also :\ whichs makes 2 threads in total..

Yeah i figured i posted it in the wrong section as i realised later...because im still not sure how to post it in the correct sect lol...
So yeahh Really appeciate your reply...

Wa alaaykum Salaam

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-03-2010, 07:48 PM
So ..if i was to get a Kitten , would it be better i get a free one?

InshaAllaah just to correct me someone if i am wrong...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdul Wahid
05-03-2010, 08:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim World 12
So ..if i was to get a Kitten , would it be better i get a free one?

InshaAllaah just to correct me someone if i am wrong...
:sl: sister

You should be able to find a kitten somewhere. A lot of people keep cats and give kittens away once they are able to eat/drink themselves. Ask around if you can. Or go to a shelter?

If your living in the UK - then check this link out.

http://www.catchat.org/topcats/index...position=91:91

It is permissible in Islam for a person to keep permissible things that no one else has taken possession of before him, such as taking firewood from the desert or wood from the forest. The same applies to taking cats and raising them. One takes possession of a permissible thing by be acquiring it and having it under one's care, provided that it does not belong to anyone.

Based on the above, we may say that there is nothing wrong with keeping cats which do not belong to anyone, on condition that one feeds them and does not torment them. But if it is proven that they cause some harm, such as if they are ill or one fears that they may transmit disease, then you should not keep them, because “there should be no harming nor reciprocating harm.” So whoever will be harmed by a cat’s presence should not keep one. Similarly, one who is not able to feed a cat should let it eat from the vermin of the earth and not keep it locked up, because of the report narrated by al-Bukhaari (3223) and Muslim (1507) from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with them both), according to which the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A woman was punished because of a cat which she kept locked up until it died, and she entered Hell because of it, because she did not feed it or give it water when she kept it locked up, neither did she let it eat from the vermin of the earth.”

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-03-2010, 08:31 PM
But a kitten is new like the owner has looked after it and cared for it?

So basically because another owner owned the kitten, its not mine right? so i dont have right over it, is that what you mean? InshaAllaah forgive me i get confused a lot sometimes..

Jazakallahu khayr for the link...

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-03-2010, 08:35 PM
It doesnt have my town in there :(...is there some way i can find my town?

UmmSqueakster
05-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Points to cat thread.

re: the price of a cat. I volunteer with a cat rescue organization. We charge a $100 adoption fee for those who want to adopt a cat from our care. I wouldn't consider this a price, rather, it is a small portion of what it costs us to rescue and care of the cat before placement, and a donation towards the costs of taking care of future rescued cats. We have a vet look over each cat we take in, provide medical care and medicine where needed, spay or neuter as needed, and then feed, house and care for them until they find a home. Basically, you're not paying for the cat, you're paying for the care of the cat that you'd have paid for anyways even if you got the cat for free (every cat should go to the vet, get shots, etc etc etc).

re: prior ownership. If a cat is in a rescue/shelter, it's gotten there usually 1 of 2 ways - the cat's prior owner relinquished custody, or the cat was a stray/ran away and the owner didn't do anything to make sure it was found (which they can do with a microchip and/or collar), and as such, have relinquished custody that way. So, the cats in shelters/rescues aren't owned by anyone, and should inshaAllah be islamically fine for you to adopt.

If you're interested in feline companionship, do visit your local shelter/rescue, and see what cats are looking for homes. Don't go in with your heart set on one particular kind, age or color. Visit with lots of different cats and find the one that speaks to you. Kittens require A LOT of work and attention. And, there are lots of older cats who've been abandoned by the people who were suppose to take care of them, and are just looking for a loving person to take them home.

In my case, from the moment I saw my Squeakster in a cage at the humane society, I knew Allah (swt) had made her just for me. Cheesy, I know, but I could just tell she was meant to be my cat. We've had her now for a year and a half, and I love her more each day. Alhamdulilah for kitties :statisfie

Abdul Wahid
05-03-2010, 08:45 PM
But a kitten is new like the owner has looked after it and cared for it?

So basically because another owner owned the kitten, its not mine right? so i dont have right over it, is that what you mean? InshaAllaah forgive me i get confused a lot sometimes..

Jazakallahu khayr for the link...
I'm confused myself now after reading your response. Lol.

I've read it a few times & basically if the owner gives you the kitten - its yours. Your job to look after it. Feed & care for it.

Is that OK?

Abdul Wahid
05-03-2010, 08:47 PM
It doesnt have my town in there :(...is there some way i can find my town?
What town is it? It's probably under a county?

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-03-2010, 08:50 PM
aww your cat is beautiful MashaAllaah soooo cutee...
Jazakallahu for sharing and for your advice..
I just need to find a local cat rescue shelter InshaAllaah..

Cats are just adorably adorable ALhamdulilaah

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-03-2010, 08:52 PM
lol sorry...

would that go for a cat i bought with money? because i will take care and look after it? or its haram?

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-03-2010, 08:53 PM
What town is it? It's probably under a county?
It should be Under West Yorkshire...begining with a H..but dont see itt..

Abdul Wahid
05-03-2010, 08:57 PM
It should be Under West Yorkshire...begining with a H..but dont see itt..
If it's not there - then look for a place that is closer to your town and go for a little trip inshaALLAH.

Or find someone that you know that has a cat/kittens.

UmmSqueakster
05-03-2010, 08:59 PM
lol sorry...

would that go for a cat i bought with money? because i will take care and look after it? or its haram?
Would what go for a cat you bought?

When you're getting a cat from a rescue or a shelter, I don't think of it as buying. Instead, it's an adoption fee.

If you were to get a purebred cat that costs hundreds or thousands of dollars/pounds, that is buying.

Google your town and cat rescue/cat shelter, and see what comes up.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-03-2010, 09:04 PM
If it's not there - then look for a place that is closer to your town and go for a little trip inshaALLAH.

Or find someone that you know that has a cat/kittens.

Okayy Jazakallahu khayr for your help ...InshaAllaah

Abdul Wahid
05-06-2010, 10:50 AM
Where is my last post gone? :raging:

Rassshaddddd. :raging:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-06-2010, 11:08 AM
Its gone there..follow the arrow--------->dont stop keep going-------->nearly there--------------->erm what your reading my post? Aaah well it happens :\..and to your post..well its gone.GONE FARRR FARR FARR AWAY!

So yeah

cat eyes
05-06-2010, 01:12 PM
somebody talking about cats :D

;D

:wub:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-06-2010, 01:21 PM
^lol Jazakallahu Khayr sister...Cutey Kitties lol..

Cats are Awesome..My fave is the Lion "Roarr" *looks at everyone hungrily*.."Roarrrsss *Loudly*" *watches eveeryone step back slowly*..

Sorry didnt mean to scare you all was just a thing i had to do :\

Aaah well it happens i guess...

So Yeah!:)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-11-2010, 09:00 PM
Yaye Cats are a beautiful creation of Allaah,for that is indeed why they is awesome..Alhamdulilaah :)

aadil77
05-25-2010, 09:45 AM
Yaye Cats are a beautiful creation of Allaah,for that is indeed why they is awesome..Alhamdulilaah :)
are you sure?

oh and this one is for you dog lovers

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-25-2010, 09:50 AM
^lol Errr wth! are they your pets? you have an awesome taste in animals :-\. anyways lol thats just disgusting, this is the "Cats" Thread, the beautiful perfect animal, althought their may be some ugly ones lol, doesnt make the way they act and stuff different to the good looking ones now does it, i mean like just because of the way it looks, they may still have nice characteristics? InshaAllaah someone correct me, but wow those ones u posted are Ugly! Good Luck feeding them Bro!

Peace

aadil77
05-25-2010, 09:59 AM
^lol Errr wth! are they your pets? you have an awesome taste in animals :-\. anyways lol thats just disgusting, this is the "Cats" Thread, the beautiful perfect animal, althought their may be some ugly ones lol, doesnt make the way they act and stuff different to the good looking ones now does it, i mean like just because of the way it looks, they may still have nice characteristics? InshaAllaah someone correct me, but wow those ones u posted are Ugly! Good Luck feeding them Bro!

Peace
nah they're not mine but the rspca has themm ready for you to adopt, since no one else has wanted them you might be kind enough to take them in :D, let them make friends with your other cats

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-25-2010, 10:04 AM
My other Kitten not CATS. . .If my kitten saw them she would probably get scared, I would adopt them if i could as in if i was allowed, but since im not then i cant adopt them, maybe in the future. . .
Theres nothing wrong with them, theyre just innocent lil animals just deformed faces etc. Thats really sad to think about what they have to go through, noone would take em just because of the way the look! Really is sad . . .But Jazakallahu for sharing Akhi. . appreciate it!

So Yeah!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Aslaamu Alaaykum. . .
Does anyone know why the animals Brother Aadill77 has posted, why they look like that? what lead em to look like that? They look really scary, but why are they like that? InshaAllaah if i make sense someone can answer. . .

Wa Alaaykum Salaam

Ali_008
05-25-2010, 02:25 PM
my mom recently adopted a cat. she used to roam around my house and my mom fed it some meat some day and since then it daily comes to our place. she stays throughout the day and leaves only in the evening. My mom recently asked me to check for the affection Rasoolullah (SallAllahu Alayhi Wasallam) had for cats, I wasn't sure about it. I found very important info here. JazakAllah Khair.

cat eyes
05-25-2010, 03:02 PM
those cats clearly not have been taken care of properly. cats are beautiful when humans look after them!

Woodrow
05-25-2010, 03:07 PM
Aslaamu Alaaykum. . .
Does anyone know why the animals Brother Aadill77 has posted, why they look like that? what lead em to look like that? They look really scary, but why are they like that? InshaAllaah if i make sense someone can answer. . .

Wa Alaaykum Salaam
One of the pictures does look like one of the semi hairless breeds.

some people raise them as they can be kept by people who are allergic to cat hair. The others are diseased animals the poor dog has very severe case of Sarcoptic mange. Hopefully those poor creatures are or have been treated for their conditions

Supreme
05-25-2010, 03:18 PM
I used to have two cats. Until a Chinese lady who lives down the road picked one up one day, (she thought it was homeless, because apparantly if cats stray out of your garden, then have no residence) fed them roast chicken and that cat didn't come back. Our cat food couldn't compete with the luxurious food given to the cat by the lady. Then she took the other one (again, assuming that being ten metres from our home, they didn't 'belong'). Well, turns out this lady has a son, and this son is allergic to cats. No, I'm not joking. She's be kidnapping our cats and her son was allergic to them. Eventually, we lost interest in having to collect our cats from her house and the excessive pieces of meat she fed them every few days, she gave them to a cat home.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-25-2010, 03:21 PM
^Jazakallahu Khayr . . .so its diseases SubhaanAllaah poor animals
Do kittens make a purr sound when you stroke it? is that a normal sound and why does it make that sound?

Woodrow
05-25-2010, 04:03 PM
^Jazakallahu Khayr . . .so its diseases SubhaanAllaah poor animals
Do kittens make a purr sound when you stroke it? is that a normal sound and why does it make that sound?
Kittens usually do not learn how to purr until they are at least a few months old. Not all cats Purr it is only the smaller members of the cat family that purr, such as the common domestic ones. Some biologist assert only domestic cats purr. Nobody really knows how a cat purrs. We can figure out how to send a rocket to the moon, but the mechanics behind a cat purr is still a mystery. Most people believe purring is a sound of being happy and content. Mother cats will also purr to soothe and calm her kittens.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-25-2010, 06:29 PM
Aww MashaAllaah Jazakallahu Khayr for sharing . . MashaAllaah very interesting info about cats ive learned here

cat eyes
05-25-2010, 10:14 PM
sis look at this fat guy HAHA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhOFR3rRWxM

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-25-2010, 10:39 PM
Lol awww it died :(. . .still cute tho :)

cat eyes
05-26-2010, 03:25 PM
Lol awww it died :(. . .still cute tho :)
yeah poor cat was over weight:(

shuraimfan4lyf
05-26-2010, 03:31 PM
Dangg that cat is obese! :|..what were they feeding him? Mcdonalds or what..

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-26-2010, 03:37 PM
Obviously they were OVER feeding it. . . I guess they feel for the cuteness of the kitty, coz it asked for too much food so they kept feeding it and feeding it and feeding it and feeding it

So yeah

Woodrow
05-26-2010, 03:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shuraimfan4lyf
Dangg that cat is obese! :|..what were they feeding him? Mcdonalds or what..
Probably.

Some people have the idea that a fat animal is a healthy animal. Not just cats are victims of obesity:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-26-2010, 03:57 PM
^Not nice :(
i have seen other animals that are quite obese . .
lol there is this video on youtube of this fat cat its cute and quite funny :-\, she acts a lil like a human
here is a video, theres more on the side bar if you click on this link :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gtfbsNHxh8
That cat is soo funny lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!