/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of going Umrah InshaALLAH

Abdul Wahid
05-06-2010, 05:56 PM
:sl: my brothers & sisters.

Hope you are all in the best of health & imaan.

So I was thinking I've finished my exams and I could finally relax. Go for a holiday and chill out. So I was speaking to some brothers whom I wanted to go with. We were thinking of going to one of the following countries. Egypt, Morocco, Turkey ot Dubai. Those were the four countries we narrowed it down to. For personal reasons I was against the idea of going to Dubai or Egypt.

Anyway having thought about it I thought instead of wasting my money (could be around £500 or more), would it not be better if I made intention to go do Umrah. That too in Ramadhan. It will cost more but who cares. The reward gained from doing Umrah in Ramadhan is unimaginable/unthinkable.

I have a few questions though.

1) I'm a student hence I'm in debt - would it still be possible for me to go Umrah?

2) What is the average cost of Umrah?

3) Would it be better if I make my own way or go in a group?

I may have more questions but these will do for now.

JazakALLAH-heir.

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
brotherubaid
05-08-2010, 11:10 AM
walikum as salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

bro good luck with ur exams n studies , may Allah give u successs

n may Allah reward u for thinking like that , yes its not a good idea to go to a vacation in those countries , where only lies amusement n play n notthing else n probably come back with a lot of sins of the eyes n ears n all type of sins , morroco n turkey are no different either bro so if u really did want to travel n spend money then umrah is ur best bet , u cant go wrong there bro , n wel the cost differs from place to place , i mean where u are travelling from , n well having company is good but going with mates is not a good idea , well depending on what sort of mates one has , but yes some friends wil only waste ur time there n get u away from worshipping properly n getting the best out of ur umrah , if u can go with some students of knowledge n righteous brothers its a good idea n while u are there u can benefit from the scholars , may places n masjids in the west do arrange umrah trips tha one realy benefits from like al baseerah n others , If u can tell us ur location may be we can see if there was a masjid or center close by arranging a group umrah.

Going alone is not a bad idea either , but before u go u gotta have some knowledge though of how to properly perform umrah n knowledge of the holy sites n all , n to know about makah n madeenah n the masajid al haram n all so when u go theer u get a better feeling knowing what these places are and what are and how significant they are , like all the way back to Ibrahim alihi as sallam , if u know the history of Islam n the prophets n all u will definetly get a better feel in ur umrah n in makah n madeenah , knowing their history n imprtance n all that happened there.

any way bro i gotta run , but yes its a great idea , do go for umrah, InshahAllah it will benefit u in ur deen n in ur duniya also , and may Allah take u there.

salams

Abdul Wahid
05-09-2010, 01:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by brotherubaid
walikum as salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

bro good luck with ur exams n studies , may Allah give u successs

n may Allah reward u for thinking like that , yes its not a good idea to go to a vacation in those countries , where only lies amusement n play n notthing else n probably come back with a lot of sins of the eyes n ears n all type of sins , morroco n turkey are no different either bro so if u really did want to travel n spend money then umrah is ur best bet , u cant go wrong there bro , n wel the cost differs from place to place , i mean where u are travelling from , n well having company is good but going with mates is not a good idea , well depending on what sort of mates one has , but yes some friends wil only waste ur time there n get u away from worshipping properly n getting the best out of ur umrah , if u can go with some students of knowledge n righteous brothers its a good idea n while u are there u can benefit from the scholars , may places n masjids in the west do arrange umrah trips tha one realy benefits from like al baseerah n others , If u can tell us ur location may be we can see if there was a masjid or center close by arranging a group umrah.

Going alone is not a bad idea either , but before u go u gotta have some knowledge though of how to properly perform umrah n knowledge of the holy sites n all , n to know about makah n madeenah n the masajid al haram n all so when u go theer u get a better feeling knowing what these places are and what are and how significant they are , like all the way back to Ibrahim alihi as sallam , if u know the history of Islam n the prophets n all u will definetly get a better feel in ur umrah n in makah n madeenah , knowing their history n imprtance n all that happened there.

any way bro i gotta run , but yes its a great idea , do go for umrah, InshahAllah it will benefit u in ur deen n in ur duniya also , and may Allah take u there.

salams
:sl: brother.

JazakALLAH-heir for your reply.

Yeah I've definetly gone off the idea of visiting a country to go and chill. Alhumdulillah I've got my heart on going Umrah this Ramadhan. I'm totally committed to it.

I was thinking about going in a group which is what I will most likely do. The groups Alhumdulillah are groups which take people to Umrah/Hajj every year so I won't need to worry about the company that I am in.

InshaALLAH I will start learning about Umrah.

:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!