/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Offering Help

Life_Is_Short
05-06-2010, 07:04 PM
:sl:
Do you offer help to those that don't ask for any? For-example on the street you see that someone may need help with carrying their shopping. They seem to manage fine but would appreciate some help.
Do you go up to them and offer help? :hmm: Has anyone done that in the past?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
05-07-2010, 07:39 PM
I don't think there is anything wrong with politely and casually asking if the other person would like some help.
They can always say no thank you.

Even if they don't want any help, they will probably appreciate the offer and the thought.

Beardo
05-07-2010, 07:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
:sl:
Do you offer help to those that don't ask for any? For-example on the street you see that someone may needs helps with carrying their shopping. They seem to manage fine but would appreciate some help.
Do you go up to them and offer help? :hmm: Has anyone done that in the past?
It depends. I first observe if the person looks like they'll be accepting. I mean, situations such as if someone drops something, I'll quickly go to pick it up as that's spontaneous. But if I see someone across the street having difficulty carrying a bag... Well, I actually don't help them because I fear my beard will freak them out or they might feel mistrusting. I don't want to cause any drama. Though, I suppose now that you mention it, I could try it out one day...

Supreme
05-07-2010, 09:37 PM
I've done it before, but people can be rude (at least here in London). I would definetly help and elderly person if it looked as it they were srtuggling, of course.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
shuraimfan4lyf
05-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Well, I actually don't help them because I fear my beard will freak them out or they might feel mistrusting.
Lol I know what you mean. They think you will start yelling Allahu Akbar at any moment. :p

Help those who think should be helped. Ya3ni, I will hold the door for someone if they are few steps behind me not like 100 ft away..

Rafeeq
05-08-2010, 04:35 AM
I used to do this and find people very happy and comfortable. I recomend to do it.

ardianto
05-08-2010, 10:10 AM
Around a year ago, I wrote advice to a sister in this forum. I suggested her to give a little help to someone else to relieve her depression. Unfortunately, she was very angry, and accuse me made a joke about her depression.

But actually, that advice was not a joke. Give a little help to someone else can relieve our depression. Trust me, see smile of this someone can makes you so happy and get new spirit in your life.

ardianto
05-08-2010, 10:10 AM
Double post.

Life_Is_Short
05-12-2010, 09:09 PM
Hypothetically speaking, you see someone struggling with a maths problem in class. Would you offer to help?

marwen
05-12-2010, 09:14 PM
Hypothetically speaking, you see someone struggling with a maths problem in class. Would you offer to help?
You mean like that :

Yes if something that i understand, why not ?

Life_Is_Short
05-12-2010, 09:18 PM
I forgot to mention. They're in your class but you have never spoken to them before. It's a stupid question but would you still help?

marwen
05-12-2010, 09:23 PM
I forgot to mention. They're in your class but you have never spoken to them before. It's a stupid question but would you still help?
hmm, yes I may hesitate a little bit before, it's not like someone I already know. But I think I'll offer help at least if I'm sure he'll not mind.
But As I'm a dude, I can help a new brother, but I can't offer help to a new girl I don't know (she can understand me wrongly :D) if you know what I mean :/

shuraimfan4lyf
05-12-2010, 11:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
You mean like that :

Yes if something that i understand, why not ?
LOL at the pic hahaha...man that kinda looks like me when I am doing math..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!