/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ~ Animals..So yeah! ~

Pages : [1] 2

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-08-2010, 06:39 PM
Aslaamu Alaaykum My dear Sisters and Brothers and my dear Non-Muslim friends of the World :)

I wanted to create a thread to know what is everyone`s favourite animal InshaAllaah..i love Animals and wanted to know what your favourite animal is, and if you dont like animals feel free to give your opinion InshaAllaah and hope this doesnt sound too thick in the head i.e. dumb...Jus curious and so yeah indeedy :D and oh yeah hope this thread doesnt make you all go sad, just hope your all smiling and happy when your reading this lol so yeah

So yeahh....

Would love to know what animal yaz all likez :)
So yeah

Wa alaaykum Salaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul Wahid
05-08-2010, 08:41 PM
:sl: sister.

'So yeah' are two words that you should bookmark. Lol. There your favourite words. So Yeah!

I have plenty of favourite animals. However I'll try to keep it brief and talk about the pets that I have got or had.

Currently I have 2 budgies. One is vicious, loves biting my finger but they are nice little birds. Have to clean them everyday, fresh seeds & water. It's not easy looking after them. I haven't got a parrot but would love to get one soon InshaALLAH.

Also got 6 gold-fishes. There bigger then your average gold fishes.

Used to have a chicken too. Weird innit? Basically a mate had 3 & he kept them in his back garden but 2 of them got munched up by the foxes. So he gave me the last one & I had it for 9 months. Yes 9 months. Unbelievable I had it for that long. But MashaALLAH it was a great experience. Looking after the chicken was more demanding than looking after the budgies. I had to buy the chicken different seeds, plus it ate a number of other things.

Just before Maghrib the chicken used to go into the garage (that's where it slept) & I had to lock it up. Obviously I didn't want the fox to come and eat it. You know the best thing was during the time of Fazr, it used to start its 'cukoo noise'. You don't need a alarm cos the sound of the chicken will wake you up & straight-away you'll know its time for Fazr. So just after Fazr I had to go open it up and let it out. Give it some fresh seeds and water.

The funny thing is I had it for 9 months & not one neighbour complained. It made a lot of mess in the garden - my mum used to moan.

At the end we had to Zabah & munch the chicken. No, don't think its cruel because my sisters did. I have to go now - will post more later if I haven't bored you.

:wa:

جوري
05-08-2010, 08:49 PM
I wish I'd have a real Arabian mare someday insha'Allah..

I love riding horses and they are my favorite animal..

:w:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Aslaamu alaaykum
Jazakallahu Khayr akhi or your input : )..
everyone thinks i should bookmark the word "Indeed" but okay as you claimeth shall so calledly book mark "So yeah" also...
MashaAllaah my mother loves Birds and Rabbits and soft animals..does it hurt when they bite your finger? I had a lil bunny was soooo cute i had to clean its house thingy everyday i had no problem..wasnt hard ..its soo easy if you make it easy trust me bro..but if your lazy then yeah things can be hard bro not assuming your lazy. i can also be lazy..you can be called tired not lazy bro MashAllaah may Allaah reward you for looking after the dear soft creatures of Allaah..

Never had any fish but they dont seem like hard work..but they dont do much as theyre Allaahs creatures still awesome MashaAllaah

Naah bro i dont think its weird keeping a chicken .in fact my cousins keep chickens..MashaAllaah theyre cute and like it is hard work putting em back in the house thing..as they run lol..i think you had Roosters as they only do that coocoo noise thingy lol, some neigbours in my village accross me lol(hope that makes sense) they have beautiful white Roosters, they make that noise all the time ,even when its not Salaah time.

Did you become emotional when you had to zabah the Chicken? i would be :\ because you looked after the animal and then having to eat it ,its really sad, i have become kinda close to the chickens wudnt imagine to do such a thing...but SubhaanAllaah so yeah indeed..

No it wasnt boring ,interesting ,love to hear all sorts about Animals, i know some sisters who told me when they recite Qur`aan the Cats would come sit next to them and listen, thats a very loving thing i like about Animals..Its natural and beautiful Alhamdulilaah, Coz its he Creation of Allaah Allmighty indeed ...
So yeah
InshaAllaah please do share more when you hve time ...
Wa alaaykum Salaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-08-2010, 08:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ

Wowww MashaAllaah that horse is really Beautiful ,i love horses also, would ABSOLUTELY love to ride a horse....Jazakallahu for sharing sister..
Very beautful picture you pasted there :) appreciate your input :)

So indeed yeh

aadil77
05-08-2010, 09:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Wahid
:At the end we had to Zabah & munch the chicken. No, don't think its cruel because my sisters did. I have to go now - will post more later if I haven't bored you.

ha what a happy ending

جوري
05-08-2010, 09:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim World 12
Wowww MashaAllaah that horse is really Beautiful ,i love horses also, would ABSOLUTELY love to ride a horse....Jazakallahu for sharing sister..
Very beautful picture you pasted there :) appreciate your input :)

So indeed yeh
you can always ride a horse in an orchard insha'Allah.. not all horses are made for racing some are just for regular transportation.. I have to say the first time I rode a horse I was freaked out.. but when I rode a camel I was reallllllllllllllly freaked out lol..

sob7an Allah.. all those creatures are a gift from Allah swt to us..

Woodrow
05-08-2010, 09:11 PM

We just bought 3 more horses. Two of them are Qurabs which is 3/4 Arabian and 1/4 Quarter horse they are better suited for our climate than pure Arabians.

The Female:

The male:

We also got this Male Tennessee Walker:

For a total of 32 horses. The horses finally outnumber the cats. So I guess horses are our favorite animal by default.

Here are some of the others:

جوري
05-08-2010, 09:12 PM
as an addendum to that I love both the name mare and the Arabic of it which is mohra .. think it makes a fine name for a baby girl.. I had a Saudi teacher once when I was a little girl whose name was Mohra and she was a gorgeous stunning woman Masha'Allah.. Saudi women were beautiful in general but she was an amazing striking looking woman.. full of virtue and full of life..

Misz_Muslimah
05-08-2010, 09:12 PM
^ Mashallah nice pics..

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-08-2010, 09:13 PM
you can always ride a horse in an orchard insha'Allah.. not all horses are made for racing some are just for regular transportation.. I have to say the first time I rode a horse I was freaked out.. but when I rode a camel I was reallllllllllllllly freaked out lol..

sob7an Allah.. all those creatures are a gift from Allah swt to us..

MashaAllaah sis..InshaAllaah will ride one day lol :)..I rode a Camel a looong time ago when i was like 13 but that i can hardly remember lol, i see all animals as a creation of Allaah so i dont hate them, only maybe if they harm me but still no reason to hate them as theyre created that way..

But yeah Alhamdulilaah indeed they are a blessing from Allaah Allmighty ..

جوري
05-08-2010, 09:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
We just bought 3 more horses. Two of them are Qurabs which is 3/4 Arabian and 1/4 Quarter horse they are better suited for our climate than pure Arabians.

The Female:

The male:

For a total of 32 horses. The horses finally outnumber the cats. So I guess horses are our favorite animal by default.

]
Masha'Allah br. woodrow may Allah swt bless you and yours abundantly.. I love dark horses with shiny coat but that gorgeous white horse of yours seems really agile..

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-08-2010, 09:16 PM

The Female:

The male:

MashaAllaah Brother do you own a farm? Those beautiful horses MashaAllah, do you ride them? woww awesome..Jazakallah for sharing too

The horse in the Fourth you posted looks like he/she is shy MashaAllaah sooo adorable and lovely.

aadil77
05-08-2010, 09:18 PM
brother woodrow is that you in the 5th pic? mashAllah nice threads (clothes) :) waistcoat, hat, in pakistan thats the traditional sort of clothing

shuraimfan4lyf
05-08-2010, 09:19 PM
:sl:

I like cats.. even though im scared of them sometimes.

Woodrow
05-08-2010, 10:01 PM
Masha'Allah br. woodrow may Allah swt bless you and yours abundantly.. I love dark horses with shiny coat but that gorgeous white horse of yours seems really agile..
Jazakallahu Khayran Sr, TVL, we feel Allaah(swt) has blessed us with this latest gift.

The 2 Quarabs almost had a sad fate. They were badly mistreated by the original owner, nearly starved to death and along with a third one, sold to a slaughter house in Chicago to be made into dog food. A horse breeder rescued them and let us know about them, the rest is history They will now have a good home. We are grateful that a young lady in the Chicago area managed to rescue them before it was too late. She nursed them back to health, kept one and let us take those 2. I will not say much, except if I were to write what I think of people who deliberately mistreat animals, I would have to ban myself.

The Tennessee Walker is a multiple Grand Champion and is actually a very expensive horse, much more than we could ever afford. The owner has made over $1 million dollars in stud fees from him and said he feels he made all the money he can handle. He gave us the horse along with paying for the registration and pedigree transfer. The horse's name is Signals Black Champion. His pedigree can be seen here:
http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/signals+black+champion

You can read a little about him here:

http://www.lazy8horses.com/page04.html

Allaah(swt) works in wondrous ways. in order to make some money with the horses we were saving to buy some Arabians and Tennessee Walkers so we could have horses that sell for high prices, And Mashallah unexpected those 3 fell into our hands. Truly a gift and blessing that will help us make our horse ranching be self sufficient. It would have taken us many years, if ever to build up a bloodline equal to what Allaah(swt) just sent us. alhamdulillah Finally, the horses will be bringing in more income than expenses. My wife Aabidah, has been raising horses for nearly 40 years. she is almost in shock, she never even imagined she would ever have even one horse equal to either of those 3. Her Black and white horse Rowdy is what she thought would always be the most valuable horse she ever had. This was a big and very pleasant surprise for which we are very grateful.

جوري
05-08-2010, 10:10 PM
Jazakallahu Khayran Sr, TVL, we feel Allaah(swt) has blessed us with this latest gift.

The 2 Quarabs almost had a sad fate. They were badly mistreated by the original owner, nearly starved to death and along with a third one, sold to a slaughter house in Chicago to be made into dog food. A horse breeder rescued them and let us know about them, the rest is history They will now have a good home. We are grateful that a young lady in the Chicago area managed to rescue them before it was too late. She nursed them back to health, kept one and let us take those 2. I will not say much, except if I were to write what I think of people who deliberately mistreat animals, I would have to ban myself.

The Tennessee Walker is a multiple Grand Champion and is actually a very expensive horse, much more than we could ever afford. The owner has made over $1 million dollars in stud fees from him and said he feels he made all the money he can handle. He gave us the horse along with paying for the registration and pedigree transfer. The horse's name is Signals Black Champion. His pedigree can be seen here:
http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/signals+black+champion

You can read a little about him here:

http://www.lazy8horses.com/page04.html

Allaah(swt) works in wondrous ways. in order to make some money with the horses we were saving to buy some Arabians and Tennessee Walkers so we could have horses that sell for high prices, And Mashallah unexpected those 3 fell into our hands. Truly a gift and blessing that will help us make our horse ranching be self sufficient. It would have taken us many years, if ever to build up a bloodline equal to what Allaah(swt) just sent us. alhamdulillah Finally, the horses will be bringing in more income than expenses. My wife Aabidah, has been raising horses for nearly 40 years. she is almost in shock, she never even imagined she would ever have even one horse equal to either of those 3. Her Black and white horse Rowdy is what she thought would always be the most valuable horse she ever had. This was a big and very pleasant surprise for which we are very grateful.

I can't imagine anyone being cruel to these magnificent noble creatures let alone any creature but after seeing that chinese girl torture that poor kitten I can only believe that it is too real.. Al7mdlillah imagine how lucky these hoses are to have you care for them.. May Allah swt reward you immensely.. it is mind boggling to slaughter a horse to turn it into dog meat.. how crazy is that?

Alpha Dude
05-08-2010, 10:10 PM
:sl: Unc is a cowboy. MashaAllah. :D

Woodrow
05-09-2010, 01:37 AM
I knew I had a picture of Rowdy by himself. He is my wife's favorite horse and was our most valuable one before today.

Should I start putting up pictures of the cats? I believe we have 20 of them.

Sawdah
05-09-2010, 02:32 AM
^ You have some beautiful horses br./uncle Woodrow, mashaAllah.

Should I start putting up pictures of the cats? I believe we have 20 of them.
20 cats? MashaAllah!

I like cats. I wouldn't mind if you put up their pictures.

Ramadhan
05-09-2010, 03:03 AM
I have two cats, I took them home a week after they were born as a gift from a friend. They were so vivacious and terrorized the whole house, furnitures are not safe from their claws, and they left marks everywhere they go from their fur to the scratches as they sharpen their claws. :exhausted
Sometimes i think those cats must have thought they were either spiders or monkeys because they would always try to climb up ANY structures and often they got stuck high on those mesh wire blinds and I had to take them down.
So I named them "Arnold" (from arnold schwarzenegger) and "Sylvester" (from sylvester stallone) because of their machismo nature and behaviour, until 6 months later when I took them to the vet to get desexed and the vet told me they were females..! :skeleton:
I kept their names however because they seemed to like and respond to them.

ardianto
05-09-2010, 04:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
I have two cats, I took them home a week after they were born as a gift from a friend. They were so vivacious and terrorized the whole house, furnitures are not safe from their claws, and they left marks everywhere they go from their fur to the scratches as they sharpen their claws. :exhausted
Sometimes i think those cats must have thought they were either spiders or monkeys because they would always try to climb up ANY structures and often they got stuck high on those mesh wire blinds and I had to take them down.
So I named them "Arnold" (from arnold schwarzenegger) and "Sylvester" (from sylvester stallone) because of their machismo nature and behaviour, until 6 months later when I took them to the vet to get desexed and the vet told me they were females..! :skeleton:
Male cat faces are wider than female cat faces.

Start to notice cat faces, and see the difference.

Woodrow
05-09-2010, 05:06 AM
Here are some of our meow animals. Most were shelter rescues, drop offs and feral cats that grew up wild. The feral cats sort of just come in to get out of the rain and are pretty much untouchable and will bite. We only actually bought 3 of the cats. I'll try to begin with the bought ones.

This is "Pepper" he is a Maine Coon cat. They are a very large breed and while they are very lovable and easy going I would not recommend one to a person not experienced with large cats.

Here is Pepper with Bryce and Toby. Bryce is the second largest and is a breed called Munchkin. He is larger than the average house cat, except he has very short legs. The small cat is Toby he is a Cymric and looks a lot like a lynx..

OOOOps wrong picture that is Pepper, Bryce and Honey. Honey is KC's mother.KC and Honey were shelter cats. both like all of our cats have been neutered.

Here is Bryce and KC, KC is a standard American Short-hair kitten and is about 6 months old. He was a shelter rescue.

Here is a picture of Toby the cymric He is quite a climber.

Enough for now, I took a lot of recent pictures of them and have not uploaded them to photobucket.

Woodrow
05-09-2010, 06:29 AM
More of the meows

Cabdullahi
05-09-2010, 08:55 AM
SO YEAH!.....erm my favourite animal is the cheetah and i also like the falcon YEAH SO! there you go

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-09-2010, 10:02 AM
More of the meows

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww jazakallahu Khayr brother Woodrow so much..Those cats are beautiful..i bet its a lot hard work you have to put in? MashaAllaah the cat smiling is extra awesome and cute MashAllaah....

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-09-2010, 10:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
Brother Jazakallahu khayr for sharing i appreaciate it, do the cats still scratch the house even if you have a scratch post? like where they scratch all their claws so they dont do it on the furniture InshaAllaah ..but thanks..MashaAllaah

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-09-2010, 10:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
SO YEAH!.....erm my favourite animal is the cheetah and i also like the falcon YEAH SO! there you go
lol MashaAllaah i think the Bengali cat looks kinda like the cheetah jus noticed that Jazakkallahu khayrr for sharing Akhi indeed

So yeahh

piXie
05-09-2010, 10:41 AM

Mine too, they are even mentioned in the Qur'aan. I love pure white horses. If I had one, I'd name it Buraq. :wub:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-09-2010, 10:52 AM
^MashaAllaah...what does Buraq mean? Its a nice name MashaAllaah

Cabdullahi
05-09-2010, 11:23 AM
So yeah! i adore my cat bambii.........yeah, SO!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-09-2010, 11:27 AM
So yeah! i adore my cat bambii.........yeah, SO!
Aslaamu alaaykum
Oh i remmember Bambi MashaAllaah beautiful cat, hope shes well and gets fed awesome food Indeed for you shall suceed....
Cats smile right? or is that just how they are?

So yeah

Wa alaaykum Salaam

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-09-2010, 11:28 AM
Hey , do cats ever become angry? even if the cats loves you the most it would still get angry at you? if so provide the reason therefore Indeedyyyyy weeedy

so yeah

piXie
05-09-2010, 11:46 AM
^MashaAllaah...what does Buraq mean? Its a nice name MashaAllaah
It means Lightning. Its the name of the horse like animal which carried the Prophet :arabic5: during the miraculous Night Journey (:

Cabdullahi
05-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Hey , do cats ever become angry? even if the cats loves you the most it would still get angry at you? if so provide the reason therefore Indeedyyyyy weeedy

so yeah
so yeah , my cat gets really angry sometimes and scratches me but im like yeah so! i dont care

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-09-2010, 12:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie
It means Lightning. Its the name of the horse like animal which carried the Prophet :arabic5: during the miraculous Night Journey (:
MashaAllaah...thats really interesting to know..that blessed horse MashAllaah Love horses

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-09-2010, 12:06 PM
so yeah , my cat gets really angry sometimes and scratches me but im like yeah so! i dont care
lol akhi..but do you know what the reason is for its anger? you must have done something wrong to it, or maybe you didnt give it what it wants and thats why it geekly gets angered up at you...lol you dont care, it must hurt? i read or heard something somewhere that the claw feels like a needle maybe that was for a kitten, it probably feels like a knife with a bigg kitty..SubhaanAllaah...
MashaAllaah interesting info bout Animalss deeedy so yeah

So yeah

waji
05-09-2010, 12:25 PM
I Love Lion

and would like to keep fishes but it requires alot time.

Cabdullahi
05-09-2010, 12:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by waji
I Love Lion

and would like to keep fishes but it requires alot time.
yeah so?

just joking :)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-09-2010, 12:29 PM
i love lions too,very beautiful creature..indeeed

so yeah

Sawdah
05-09-2010, 12:38 PM
More of the meows

They seem to be a bit everywhere, lol.

JazakAllah Khair for sharing uncle Woodrow.

What kind of cat is the last one?

Woodrow
05-09-2010, 02:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seekerofjannah
They seem to be a bit everywhere, lol.

JazakAllah Khair for sharing uncle Woodrow.

What kind of cat is the last one?
The last cat is no known breed except called mixed. We are attempting to get her listed in the Guiness book as the world's smallest cat. She is now 5 years old and smaller than most kittens. W e do have a web page for her, her name is Lissa. My wife rescued her when she was first born and she had very serious illnesses during her first year of life that stunted her growth. For some reason she survived and is now a healthy cat, just tiny. But she thinks she is a lion and actually dominates over the other cats, possibly because she is one of our oldest cats. Here is her web site:

http://www.lissa.123bemyhost.com/

ardianto
05-09-2010, 02:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by waji
I Love Lion
Your avatar have told it.

Supreme
05-09-2010, 02:20 PM
It's certainly a tough one. My uncle owns a farm, and growing up, I frequently went there to see farm animals that I loved to play with, such as chickens, sheep, pigs, cows etc. However, my favourite farm animal is the horse. I remember once I went to a farm, and my sister and I saw a horse by itself just standing in the middle of the farm. Everyone ignored it. We approached it, and it looked like it was crying (although I'm not sure if animals can cry, but that's what I remember it looked like). So, we stroked the horse, hugged it, did what any other seven year old kids would do to a big, cute animal. Then we tried pushing it all the way to the other horses, but, despite our best attempts, the horse kept on just standing there, as if unaware two little children were trying to guide it to the field with the other horses. I also remember running from about twelve cows that were chasing me and my sister who I think I annoyed by trying to stroke one. So scary, yet so fun.

I also love elephants. And cats.

I a

Woodrow
05-09-2010, 02:27 PM
MashaAllaah Brother do you own a farm? Those beautiful horses MashaAllah, do you ride them? woww awesome..Jazakallah for sharing too

The horse in the Fourth you posted looks like he/she is shy MashaAllaah sooo adorable and lovely.
We are farming horses, although we do own a bit of acreage we do not have a farm per se, We are just now getting the horses all in one location. The horses had been pretty well scattered, 2 horses were in Kadota South Dakota on the Pine Ridge Oglala Reservation, one was Nebraska, 2 were in Illinois. Some were open ranged on the Cheyenne River Lakota Sioux reservation. We are now leasing 880 acres range land and are in the process of moving them all to it. We are also in the process of buying a Dairy Farm, which is going slow. We finally agreed on a price and now it is just a question of paper work before we take ownership.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-09-2010, 02:33 PM
^MashaAllaah brother..May Allaah make it easy for you to look after all the animals..Ameen..
Soo many horses MashaAllaah i wud love 1 for my self if i lived on a biggg hugee massive house

Woodrow
05-09-2010, 02:58 PM
^MashaAllaah brother..May Allaah make it easy for you to look after all the animals..Ameen..
Soo many horses MashaAllaah i wud love 1 for my self if i lived on a biggg hugee massive house
Raising horses requires a considerable amount of land. They are herd animals and love to run on the open prairie. Fortunatly because of my wife being Native american we were/are permitted to open range on some of the Reservations and land here in the Dakotas is quite low price. We lease the 880 acres for much less than what many people pay in rent for an apartment. Only need to have a barn and stalls. We are using a 100 year old barn that is very big. The horses can be expensive, so you need to be able to use them to generate an income to cover the expenses, we had been paying out a bit more than what was coming in, but Mashallah it now looks like this year we will begin making enough from them to cover their expenses and Inshallah bring a small profit. The last 2 years were quite expensive and ended as a loss when we were trying to locate them all into Minnesota. Never finished the fencing, never got to move them, spent a lot in boarding some etc.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-09-2010, 03:56 PM
MashaAllaah..you defo have enough to provide for them..
Hope everything is made easy for you and the Ummaah Ameen..

lol i bet my whole house is worth maybe one horse i think..

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
05-09-2010, 04:22 PM

Try NOT to ever step on their tail!! :skeleton:

I luv budgies & fishes... Will try to upload few pics later insha'Allah.

Woodrow
05-09-2010, 05:39 PM
MashaAllaah..you defo have enough to provide for them..
Hope everything is made easy for you and the Ummaah Ameen..

lol i bet my whole house is worth maybe one horse i think..

Prices of horses do vary. If a person wants a horse only as a pleasure horse for riding or as a working horse for a farm they are very low priced and can be had for under $100 but if one is looking for a show horse, a breeding line or a fully trained horse for Dressage, Jumping, etc the price gets to be much more than the price of a house.

This is a horse we are now in the process of negotiating to buy we may have to settle for his grandson he is a bit pricey. His owner lives down near Fort Mead and we have looked at him often. Currently he is leased out to a farm in Oregon, Beautiful creature. From DW (Dakota Wind Stables) He has had considerable Dressage training and can perform on his own without a rider. He is a show off. We do have the option of breeding our newly acquired Arabian mare to him.

The video does contain music so mute your volume:

Here what an Andalusian trained for dressage can do (again mute your sound)

All of this is pretty to look at but this type training is needed for working a horse with cattle, and horses are still the only known way to work a cattle herd.

Again music on the videos, so use your mute button

On the second one you will notice it is the horse who does the work. the rider doesn't have to do a thing and even kids can go along just for the ride. The second video is a calf round up to brand and ear tag the calves before returning them to the open range. Out here the cattle free range and branding is the only way a farmer can identify his own cattle.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-09-2010, 05:43 PM
MashaAllaah brother..they are awesome..will check out the vids..
If i got a horse i would want it to care for and ride :)..buT MashaAllaah great work!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-09-2010, 05:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mujaheedah
Try NOT to ever step on their tail!! :skeleton:

I luv budgies & fishes... Will try to upload few pics later insha'Allah.
InshaAllaah lol one time one my lil nieces accidently stepped on a kitties tail and it bit her,, it was a shock to my niece as she didnt know it was going to bite her..but cutee they are kitties :)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-09-2010, 05:48 PM
lol the white horse in the first vid, doesnt it become tired at one point? MashaAllaah

-Elle-
05-09-2010, 06:31 PM
Prices of horses do vary. If a person wants a horse only as a pleasure horse for riding or as a working horse for a farm they are very low priced and can be had for under $100]
:muddlehea really? Under 100$? I thought they were sooo much more expensive! I don't know how I got that idea :S

Mash'Allah a thousand times over your horses are gorgeous...and the kitty sleeping in the sink is adorable...I can't even get one cat because of my brothers' allergies, and here you are, with 20. lol MashAllah

I absolutely love animals, horses and penguins are my favorite, and white tigers too, since I find them simple gorgeous, sub7anAllah..

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-09-2010, 06:57 PM
Yes samere sis they are beautiful animals are Lions and tigeers...:)

Woodrow
05-09-2010, 07:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by houda~
:muddlehea really? Under 100$? I thought they were sooo much more expensive! I don't know how I got that idea :S

Mash'Allah a thousand times over your horses are gorgeous...and the kitty sleeping in the sink is adorable...I can't even get one cat because of my brothers' allergies, and here you are, with 20. lol MashAllah

I absolutely love animals, horses and penguins are my favorite, and white tigers too, since I find them simple gorgeous, sub7anAllah..

A horse can be very low price, even free ones are available. For people that are not interested in raising or showing the I would urge them to get a free one. It will save them from going to the dog food canneries. Horses need not be expensive. However, if you do not have the place to keep one the boarding and upkeep on one is very expensive and can cost over $1000 a month. So unless a person has land to keep one on, it is best not to get one. For a horse to be happy you need to have at least 3 acres of land for each horse.

But if a person has the land a free horse can be found at this site:

http://www.horses-and-horse-informat...adoption.shtml

While I am in the business of selling horses. It is more important a person get a horse that suits their needs and for most people this can be a free or low cost horse. Few people will ever need a registered or dressage horse. A good healthy, gentle horse will be best for most people that only want one for light pleasure riding.

shuraimfan4lyf
05-09-2010, 09:22 PM
I think only the racing horses are really expensive...

Life_Is_Short
05-09-2010, 09:31 PM
Attachment 4067

I like hamsters. They're cute.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-09-2010, 09:57 PM
^awww...yeah they are :)

Sawdah
05-09-2010, 09:59 PM
The last cat is no known breed except called mixed. We are attempting to get her listed in the Guiness book as the world's smallest cat. She is now 5 years old and smaller than most kittens. W e do have a web page for her, her name is Lissa. My wife rescued her when she was first born and she had very serious illnesses during her first year of life that stunted her growth. For some reason she survived and is now a healthy cat, just tiny.
Alhamdulillah, may Allah keep her healthy inshaAllah.

But she thinks she is a lion and actually dominates over the other cats, possibly because she is one of our oldest cats. Here is her web site:

http://www.lissa.123bemyhost.com/
Nice site. JazakAllah Khair for sharing.

I like the picture of her and the RC coke standing. What did the RC coke ever do to her? hehe

Woodrow
05-10-2010, 12:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by shuraimfan4lyf
I think only the racing horses are really expensive...

Tjhe Lippizanner when fully dressage trained is the most expensive. It takes years to train one and they are also one of the rarest of horse breeds. Even an untrained foal will cost at least $25,000. They are the only horse breed that can gallop backwards at full speed. Amazing and Beautiful horses.

shuraimfan4lyf
05-10-2010, 04:34 AM
I know some princes from Saudi love horses. I remember watching King Abdullah showing off his horses to the George Bush(May the curse of Allah be upon him) on the news.

I like this white horse..so beautiful mashaAllah..

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-11-2010, 09:12 PM
MashaAllaah .... Animals are just amazzing, dont y`all think so?
I love kittens...
I read a Hadeeth, i forgot the refs sorry ..but yeah anywayss, in the Hadeeth it said to treat the Cat as you would treat your family, lets say along those lines..i.e. feed your cat how you would feed your family etc..
Correct me if ive said anything wrong...
So yeah Indeed!

Double frogs :)

cat eyes
05-11-2010, 10:05 PM
kittens are so cute muhahaha subhanAllah sometimes i cant get over how cute they are

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :wub:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-11-2010, 10:08 PM
^Yeah sis i picked 2 kitties today, they were soo smal and adorable MashaAllaah...One kept climbing on my shoulders lol, but was soooooooooooooooooooooooo cuteee..
Allaah created em perfect..SubhaanAllaah imagine how cute and adorable the Beloved of Allaah ,sallahu alaayhi wa salaam thought they were..sooo beautiful to imagine :)

Salahudeen
05-11-2010, 10:08 PM
I can't wait to get 1 :( my friend has 1 cos they had a rat problem in their house and everytime I go round to his house it stands up and puts its feet on my knees and looks me in the eye lol and we have a little staring competition. Since they got it all the rats went :)

cat eyes
05-11-2010, 10:09 PM
People say im a proper girl but come on everybody loves kittens! how can you not! my brother pretends to be all tough and manly but once my sis brought a kitten home and he just melted over it like a little girl i never seen a guy act that way haha

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-11-2010, 10:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
I can't wait to get 1 :( my friend has 1 cos they had a rat problem in their house and everytime I go round to his house it stands up and puts its feet on my knees and looks me in the eye lol and we have a little staring competition. Since they got it all the rats went :)
Awww MashaAllaah that is just adorable...the nails of the kitty dont even hurt..THEYre sooo adorable man.

cat eyes
05-11-2010, 10:12 PM
yeah your cat will eat that rat straight away she will be so hungry you know lol

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-11-2010, 10:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
People say im a proper girl but come on everybody loves kittens! how can you not! my brother pretends to be all tough and manly but once my sis brought a kitten home and he just melted over it like a little girl i never seen a guy act that way haha
lol sis i absolutely love animals..i just cant stop saying aww and stuf just naturally comes out of my mouth...theyre awesome animals tho, coz they love you back!

Salahudeen
05-11-2010, 10:15 PM
I hope the cat/kitten I get is good at catching rats, I saw 1 in the back garden the other day.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-11-2010, 10:18 PM
eww would never make my beautiful kitten eat filthy creatures lyk rats man..ewww how could you?!?

cat eyes
05-11-2010, 10:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
I hope the cat/kitten I get is good at catching rats, I saw 1 in the back garden the other day.
the cat will go anywhere really where there is a rat lol even if its on the sofa or in the tiolet she will eat it there

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-11-2010, 10:22 PM
^ewwwww i hope myn doesnt..

cat eyes
05-11-2010, 10:22 PM
eww would never make my beautiful kitten eat filthy creatures lyk rats man..ewww how could you?!?
but maybe if you have a pet rat too they can be friends and cuddle each other? lol

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-11-2010, 10:23 PM
^ lol pfft ...Yeah a clean 1 will do..i think there have been cats and rats as friends before lol :\

aadil77
05-11-2010, 10:37 PM

penguins... you gotta love em

aadil77
05-11-2010, 10:41 PM

cheetah one amazing animal, it can do 0-60mph in 3 seconds - faster than most yer ferrari's, lambo's and the lot

top speed = 75mph subhanAllah LOL

Woodrow
05-11-2010, 11:58 PM
A slow poke compared to:

"The Peregrine Falcon is the fastest bird, and in fact the fastest animal on the planet, when in its hunting dive, the stoop, in which it soars to a great height, then dives steeply at speeds of over 200 mph (see fastest animals) However, it does not make the top ten when travelling in level flight." SOURCE

The awesome power of Allaah(swt) evidenced in some of his smallest creatures. We can only imagine what exists and we simple humans have not yet seen.

aadil77
05-12-2010, 12:03 AM
A slow poke compared to:

"The Peregrine Falcon is the fastest bird, and in fact the fastest animal on the planet, when in its hunting dive, the stoop, in which it soars to a great height, then dives steeply at speeds of over 200 mph (see fastest animals) However, it does not make the top ten when travelling in level flight." SOURCE
ha but a cheetah does not have gravity and wind on its side

Woodrow
05-12-2010, 12:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
ha but a cheetah does not have gravity and wind on its side
How about the lowly deer fly. Getting hit by one hurts like the bejabbers:

I doubt if the old reported speeds are true. But have watched them and being hit by some I agree the speed of 50MPH is very probable.

The name deer botfly (also deer nose bot) refers to any species in the genus Cephenemyia, within the family Oestridae. They are large, gray-brown flies, often very accurate mimics of bumblebees. They attack chiefly the nostrils and pharyngeal cavity of members of the deer family. The larva of Cephenemyia auribarbis, infesting the stag, is called a stagworm[1]. The genus name, also spelled Cephenomyia, comes from the Greek kēphēn, drone bee, and myia, fly.

It was reported for many years that Cephenemyia was the fastest of all flying insects, cited by the New York Times and Guinness Book of World Records as traveling at speeds of over 800 miles per hour[2]. The source of this remarkable claim was an article by entomologist Charles H. T. Townsend in the 1927 Journal of the New York Entomological Society, wherein Townsend claimed to have estimated a speed of 400 yards per second while observing Cephenemyia pratti at 12,000 feet in New Mexico[3].

In 1938 Irving Langmuir, recipient of the 1932 Nobel Prize in Chemistry, examined the claim in detail and refuted the estimate[4]. Among his specific criticisms were:

* To maintain a velocity of 800 miles per hour, the 0.3-gram fly would have had to consume more than 150% of its body weight in food every second;
* The fly would have produced an audible sonic boom;
* The supersonic fly would have been invisible to the naked eye; and
* The impact trauma of such a fly colliding with a human body would resemble that of a gunshot wound

Using the original report as a basis, Langmuir estimated the deer botfly's true speed at 25 miles per hour.

The latest edition of Encyclopaedia Britannica cites a speed of 80 km (50 miles) per hour for this fly[5]. Time magazine published an article in 1938 "debunking" Townsend's calculations[6]. But the New York Times, which ran a story in 1937 on "the fastest creature that lives'[7], has not yet published a correction.
For such a little creature a steady speed of 50 MPH is nearly unbelievable. The Cheetah is faster in a short spring but, it can not maintain a fast steady speed.

shuraimfan4lyf
05-12-2010, 04:29 AM

cheetah one amazing animal, it can do 0-60mph in 3 seconds - faster than most yer ferrari's, lambo's and the lot

top speed = 75mph subhanAllah LOL
Lol what about a Bugatti veyron..?? :p I like Lions better...

Ramadhan
05-12-2010, 04:57 AM
the cat will go anywhere really where there is a rat lol even if its on the sofa or in the tiolet she will eat it there
My cats would not eat rats, they are pretty well fed.
However, they would hunt down cockroaches, "cicak" (small lizards common in Indonesian houses) and small rats. Then they would play with them, and once the preys are dead, my cats take them to the floor next to my bed, and gave them to me as offerings. They look so proud that they give me something in return, but look all disappointed when I refused to eat the dead critters.

Woodrow
05-12-2010, 04:59 AM
Some in the back posts I started showing some of our cats. I believe I mentioned the feral cats that live out here. Well one of them chose to have kittens in one of our storage room that she managed to get into.

They look about 3 weeks old. can not get near the mother. If they are still there when they are old enough to wean I will have them neutered and see if I can find homes for them.

shuraimfan4lyf
05-12-2010, 05:29 AM
but maybe if you have a pet rat too they can be friends and cuddle each other? lol
Lol thats impossible..they can never be crats :p

aadil77
05-12-2010, 08:04 AM
LOL yep the bugatti does 0-60mph in 2.5 seconds, there should be some lion with the speed of a cheetah :P

Woodrow
05-12-2010, 08:14 AM
LOL yep the bugatti does 0-60mph in 2.5 seconds, there should be some lion with the speed of a cheetah :P
Lions are somewhat slow poke hunters. Usually a pride will divide into 2 sections, one section will circle around the prey and hide in the brush, then the other section will chase the prey to the hidden lions. They depend on their size and ability to hunt together and not on the speed needed by solitary hunters such as Cheetahs.

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
05-12-2010, 10:25 AM

Jus few pics of my Budgies:sunny:

Getoffmyback
05-12-2010, 11:49 AM
I like dogs ive always wanted one but never had.

Whats the problem in having one ? Someone told that if you touch the dog's saliva then you have to wash yourself 7 times?

shuraimfan4lyf
05-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Lions are somewhat slow poke hunters. Usually a pride will divide into 2 sections, one section will circle around the prey and hide in the brush, then the other section will chase the prey to the hidden lions. They depend on their size and ability to hunt together and not on the speed needed by solitary hunters such as Cheetahs.
Yeah I know Lions arent all that fast..but they are the kings of th Jungle lol..
format_quote Originally Posted by Getoffmyback
I like dogs ive always wanted one but never had.

Whats the problem in having one ? Someone told that if you touch the dog's saliva then you have to wash yourself 7 times?
I cant stand dogs..

UmmSqueakster
05-12-2010, 01:54 PM
Woodrow, I'm jealous of your oodles and ooldes of kitties :omg:

I alas, have but one feline to call my own, but I volunteer with a local cat rescue, so I have dozens of kitties that are "mine" every sunday morning.

My kitty baby, the Squeakster:

And some of my shelter kitties:

Eli, an 8 to 10 year old boy who has a deformed ear, went to his new home a few weeks ago. His new person is an elderly lady in a wheel chair who was looking for a lap cat

Gin gin, one of the "shy" kitties. Alhamdulilah she's been much less shy recently, and will walk up to you and wack your leg until you pet her

Rococo, another shy kitty who is still painfully shy and gin gin's sister. This is a dangerous move right here, as 9 times out of 10 if you try to approach her, she'll swipe you and draw blood

Kit and Willa (with the white nose). Willa is the mom of Gin Gin, Rococo and Kit.

Poor Bobby, one of our lifers. He has horrible stomach issues that make him very grumpy and cause him to pull out his hair. He's a manx (no tail) and a polydactl (extra toes), with very striking eyes. He's a very unique cat, if only he weren't so ornery:

Daisy, a poor 10 year old kitty who was dumped back at our shelter after being adopted from us in 2001:

My big fat Abigail, who was adopted a few months ago alhamdulilah. She had hip issues, so she waddles around, soo adorable

And my favorite Mekasch, who's I'd adopt in a heart beat if AbuS wasn't a 1 cat kinda guy. She's also a 1 cat kinda kitty, and isn't fond of other cats, so it probably wouldn't work out. She's been depressed and not eating lately and had to go to the vet for 2 weeks. Alhamduliah she's eating better now, so well in fact that she puked all over her kennel just moments after I cleaned it :hiding:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-12-2010, 03:59 PM

penguins... you gotta love em
lol theyre funny..but beautiful in a way..the way they walk is awesomly funny

so yeah

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-12-2010, 04:00 PM
A slow poke compared to:

The awesome power of Allaah(swt) evidenced in some of his smallest creatures. We can only imagine what exists and we simple humans have not yet seen.
Interesting info Jazakallahu khayr for sharing...didnt know there was another geeky animal faster than the geeky cheater :p

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Bugatti is a funny word MashaAllaaah ..which ever animal or car that is..

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Some in the back posts I started showing some of our cats. I believe I mentioned the feral cats that live out here. Well one of them chose to have kittens in one of our storage room that she managed to get into.

They look about 3 weeks old. can not get near the mother. If they are still there when they are old enough to wean I will have them neutered and see if I can find homes for them.
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww those kittens are SOOOO cutee MashaAllaah..Akhi Woodrow i am sure you begin to jump (Literally) with joy when you see lil kitties right?

Sooooo cuteee...if cats or kittens hate you i got told they tend to hiss, is that true?

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-12-2010, 04:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mujaheedah

Jus few pics of my Budgies:sunny:

aawwww MashaAllaah:)...cute budgies..

Thanks for sharing images sis :)..appreciate it very much :) Beautiful Budgies..:)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-12-2010, 04:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by UmmSqueakster
Woodrow, I'm jealous of your oodles and ooldes of kitties :omg:

I alas, have but one feline to call my own, but I volunteer with a local cat rescue, so I have dozens of kitties that are "mine" every sunday morning.

My kitty baby, the Squeakster:

And some of my shelter kitties:

Eli, an 8 to 10 year old boy who has a deformed ear, went to his new home a few weeks ago. His new person is an elderly lady in a wheel chair who was looking for a lap cat

Gin gin, one of the "shy" kitties. Alhamdulilah she's been much less shy recently, and will walk up to you and wack your leg until you pet her

Rococo, another shy kitty who is still painfully shy and gin gin's sister. This is a dangerous move right here, as 9 times out of 10 if you try to approach her, she'll swipe you and draw blood

Kit and Willa (with the white nose). Willa is the mom of Gin Gin, Rococo and Kit.

Poor Bobby, one of our lifers. He has horrible stomach issues that make him very grumpy and cause him to pull out his hair. He's a manx (no tail) and a polydactl (extra toes), with very striking eyes. He's a very unique cat, if only he weren't so ornery:

Daisy, a poor 10 year old kitty who was dumped back at our shelter after being adopted from us in 2001:

My big fat Abigail, who was adopted a few months ago alhamdulilah. She had hip issues, so she waddles around, soo adorable

And my favorite Mekasch, who's I'd adopt in a heart beat if AbuS wasn't a 1 cat kinda guy. She's also a 1 cat kinda kitty, and isn't fond of other cats, so it probably wouldn't work out. She's been depressed and not eating lately and had to go to the vet for 2 weeks. Alhamduliah she's eating better now, so well in fact that she puked all over her kennel just moments after I cleaned it :hiding:

Aww i seriously find each story touching sis. esp daisy..love them soo much MashaAllaah... Jazakallahu khayr for sharing sis :)..

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-12-2010, 05:11 PM

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-12-2010, 05:12 PM
yaye it worksss :) Alhamdulilaaah soo pleased...and did all by myself to Alhamdulilaah

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-12-2010, 05:19 PM

<--This is one is just sooo a.dore...able!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-12-2010, 05:21 PM

<---- That is fave Animal ..i personally think that face is Beautiful MashAllaah...The Creation of Allaah Allmighty..The Beauty of Nature
*Lions Roarrz and all ze IB members* "Hey everyone!" *Everyone looks here and ask "Whatt????!!!?" I says: "RUNN!!!!" :) MashaAllaah funny seeyin ya`all run :) *watches lion laff at everyone running* ;D

So Yeahh

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-12-2010, 05:31 PM

<---MashaAllaah just look at that face ..

<--- This looks soo cute and looks intelligent, seee the beautiful features...just soomething awesomly unique bout that one...Looks nice too look at, but can you imagine standing infront of one? WOW would be Beautifulllly awesomee...Just stand infront of it saying MashaAllaah ...SOOOOO kooool

aadil77
05-12-2010, 05:32 PM

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-12-2010, 05:39 PM
^Was hilarious first time i saw it LOL..
Like i mentioned..actually standing infront of a REAL lion. wow the feeling would be ..I dont know lol but yeah kool video

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-12-2010, 06:16 PM

<---The Cuteness and Smilyness of ze Dolphin! :)

<---Aww, arent they just a good match with the sea..blue and blue together Indeed

<--two geeks having a good time in their pure homeland "The Ocean" or ze "Sea", laughing and smiling :)..

So yeah *Moved from ze other thread!*

aadil77
05-12-2010, 06:19 PM

this would have your dolphins for breakfast :shade:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-12-2010, 06:30 PM
^Dolphins are better looking than a Shark or whale or whatever that is..But i doubt the big creature will be able to find the clever Dolphins because they will be hiding somewhere in the sea.
And SubhaanAllaah indeed, the Sea or Ocean is a big place..btw is that your favourite Animal? MashAllaah good to know everyone is sharing their stories about their favourie animals on here..
Jazakallahu Khayr for sharing

So Yeah...

LauraS
05-12-2010, 09:30 PM
What on earth are they doing with a lion? lol There was a sotry about a man who saved a great white from a fishing net and ever since it visits him on him boat and he strokes it, he called it Cindy. I bet he didn't go for a swim with her though. :p

Here's a lion video, they had him when he was cub then released him into the wild. This is them meeting up a year later. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvCjyWp3rEk

and some funny animal clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw0FU733zzg

marwen
05-12-2010, 09:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LauraS
What on earth are they doing with a lion? lol There was a sotry about a man who saved a great white from a fishing net and ever since it visits him on him boat and he strokes it, he called it Cindy. I bet he didn't go for a swim with her though. :p

Here's a lion video, they had him when he was cub then released him into the wild. This is them meeting up a year later. :)

The lion video is really touching ! it shows that even the most wild and scary animals have mercy and affection subhanAllah !

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-12-2010, 09:51 PM

Oh my SubhaanAllaah that vid almost made me cry about Christian the Lion..Lions are soo Beautiful, i wish i met that Lion..MashaAllaah sis Jazakallahu Khayr for sharing that awesome video :)...Where is he today? hmm

shuraimfan4lyf
05-12-2010, 11:14 PM
Yeah I watched the lion video a while back..its so amazing subhanAllah. He recognized them so quickly and hugged them as if they were his mate lions.

Getoffmyback
05-12-2010, 11:58 PM
This forum is So boring. Its made for woodrow and the valy ili , adil77 , danah, islamiramia , supreme, glo, bla bla bla bla and the rest of all of you hypocrites.

Alpha dude is the only muslim between all of you . Good night . If you want to delete my account then just do it. Or you know what do it but if you Are a man or a rightous man just deliver my message to alpha dude tell him you Are a muslim. Delete my account please thanks. Bye. Just delete it.

shuraimfan4lyf
05-13-2010, 12:04 AM
This forum is So boring. Its made for woodrow and the valy ili , adil77 , danah, islamiramia , supreme, glo, bla bla bla bla and the rest of all of you hypocrites.

Alpha dude is the only muslim between all of you . Good night . If you want to delete my account then just do it. Or you know what do it but if you Are a man or a rightous man just deliver my message to alpha dude tell him you Are a muslim. Delete my account please thanks. Bye. Just delete it.

Whats wrong brother? If I said anything that caused harm to you, wallah I want to apologize from bottom of my heart. But, you cant just call everyone a hypocrite because you do not know whats in our hearts, only Allah Subhana wa ta3la knows. May Allah guide you and us all. Ameen.

waji
05-13-2010, 06:10 AM
Usually in day time Lioness hunts and in pride also the Lion remains at back and the Lioness attacks from front
This is because of the Mane of Lion. It can be seen from a distance and Lioness can hide in the bush easily.
Lion hunts in the night.
But the fact is either they hunt in day or night the successful hunt average is about 30% .

aadil77
05-13-2010, 07:58 AM

LOL, alpha dude is apparently the only muslim here

why don't you pm him and let him know, he'll be amazed at your new discovery

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-13-2010, 09:53 AM

Aslaamu Alaaykum...If ive said anything that sounded Hypocrytical forgive me atleast for the sake of Allaah Allmighty ,The Most wise!!!...

Is it because of this thread i created ? Because you posted on this thread..
SubhaanAllaah your post is shocking Brother, are you angry with this thread?
But forgive me if ive said anything bad which may have annoyed you, thats why your posting on my thread...
I hope everythig works out with you and that you are not angry with us all InshaAllaah...

Wa alaaykum Salaam

Ramadhan
05-13-2010, 03:41 PM
^Dolphins are better looking than a Shark or whale or whatever that is..But i doubt the big creature will be able to find the clever Dolphins because they will be hiding somewhere in the sea.
And SubhaanAllaah indeed, the Sea or Ocean is a big place..btw is that your favourite Animal? MashAllaah good to know everyone is sharing their stories about their favourie animals on here..

So Yeah...
Actually, sharks respect and are even afraid of dolphins, depending on the type of sharks.
Dolphins are always in pack, and if feel threatened, they would take turn in hitting shark on its side with such high speed it can injure sharks seriously.
And dolphins are too fast for sharks anyway.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-13-2010, 04:48 PM
^MashaAllaah didnt know that, thought Sharks eat everything :\...
Aah Khayr InshaAllaah but Jazakallahu Khayr for sharing..

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-13-2010, 04:50 PM
My 2 favourite Animals:

And:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-13-2010, 04:52 PM
^MashaAllaah they are both beautiful in their own way..Jazakallahu Khayr for sharing...

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-13-2010, 04:55 PM
^MashaAllaah they are both beautiful in their own way..Jazakallahu Khayr for sharing...
There are a lot of animals to explore in this world but nobody can imagine what kind of animals there are in heaven.

May allah enter us all in jannah-tul-firdoos, ameen

Asiyah3
05-13-2010, 05:01 PM
^Allahumma ameen.

My favorite animal is a parrot, because it's beautiful, the bright colours, a lovely bird masha'llah. Dolphins are also pretty and fun.

I love all animals even though I might not want to get near some of them. I wouldn't like to have a pet. As I can afford a parrot, but I can't imagine myself imprisoning an animal... That's just sad.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-13-2010, 05:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mohamed_Sadiq
There are a lot of animals to explore in this world but nobody can imagine what kind of animals there are in heaven.

May allah enter us all in jannah-tul-firdoos, ameen
Ameen Indeed

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-13-2010, 05:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _muslim_
^Allahumma ameen.

My favorite animal is a parrot, because it's beautiful, the bright colours, a lovely bird masha'llah. Dolphins are also pretty and fun.

I love all animals even though I might not want to get near some of them. I wouldn't like to have a pet. As I can afford a parrot, but I can't imagine myself imprisoning an animal... That's just sad.
MashaAllaah sis but i think that we are allowed to keep them in a cage...correct me im wrong inshaAllaah

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-13-2010, 05:38 PM
MashaAllaah sis but i think that we are allowed to keep them in a cage...correct me im wrong inshaAllaah
As long as you treat them well such as feed them and make sure they are in good health then ur allowed but if ur lazy and won't look after them then its a sin. You get rewarded for looking after animals you know.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-13-2010, 06:06 PM
^ Yes Alhamdulilaah its the creation of Allaah allmighty..

Woodrow
05-13-2010, 06:15 PM
A big error people make is to take on an animal they do not have sufficient resources or knowledge to properly care for them. This results in problems. If a person is going to take on the responsibility of any animal, it is best they do their homework and sincerly learn all about the care and also the the origin of the animal. Exotics are fads and few people ever really understand that their getting the pet means the parents were killed, the habitat damaged and the number of the creature in the wild becomes near extinction levels.

Sugar Gliders are very cute friendly, lovable pets. It is difficult to resist wanting one. But how many people actually can care for one and give it an enjoyable happy life?

pet is a big responsibility and can be very expensive.

shuraimfan4lyf
05-13-2010, 06:30 PM
Thats really true Ammu. Many people buy pets and never really take care of them properly and some even mistreat them. One time I was watching news, and it said about these teenagers who treated this one cat really bad, and they cut one of its legs. Basically, they were torturing it. Aaoodobillah :(..I hate when innocent animals are hurt for no reason.

Asiyah3
05-13-2010, 06:33 PM
mm... I don't really know, I mean about the animal's happiness and life generally...

For example we have a fish that my sister gave us. Yes, we do feed it and change it's water regularly, but still I feel really bad for it. It hangs out alone in a round empty 'aquarium' without there being any plants and it doesn't have a friend...

UmmSqueakster
05-13-2010, 06:36 PM

pet is a big responsibility and can be very expensive.
Every week, we get kitties at the intake who were abandoned after their "owners" moved out of their apartments and abandoned them. They didn't drop them off at the shelter or arrange for them to be taken care of - they just LEAVE THEM BEHIND! No food, no water, nothing, just leave them in an empty apartment.

I just can't comprehend how someone can have this little ball of fuzz as a part of their life, and then just leave them with nothing, to starve or be euthanized :raging:

Woodrow
05-13-2010, 07:43 PM
Every week, we get kitties at the intake who were abandoned after their "owners" moved out of their apartments and abandoned them. They didn't drop them off at the shelter or arrange for them to be taken care of - they just LEAVE THEM BEHIND! No food, no water, nothing, just leave them in an empty apartment.

I just can't comprehend how someone can have this little ball of fuzz as a part of their life, and then just leave them with nothing, to starve or be euthanized :raging:
One of my pet peeves. Those of us who live out in rural areas get very angry at the people who drop off their no longer wanted animals, thinking they will find a nice home at a farm house. It never happens that way. the poor little creatures can not survive in the wild, they are too scared to approach strange humans and by the time they are found they are severally injured from run ins with wild life, near starvation (They do not know how to hunt or find food) and nearly always in the last stages of rabies and have to be shot. I am sick of shooting poor little creatures that at one time were somebodies pet.

LauraS
05-13-2010, 09:43 PM
Referring all the way back to the lion video I posted, yeah it just makes me feel happy. :)

Cats in Greece are treated badly, the strays are so thin. Every year we feed them and last year befriended a family who lived in the grounds of the hotel the problem is they decided to climb up the wall to our balcony and were running around all over the place attacking towels, jumping onto the table and next doors balcony...who weren't very impressed. :p

One year there was this cat and I've never seen an animal so thin, it was painful to see. He was running up to people in the street and literally begging them for food. It upsets me just thinking about it.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-14-2010, 07:07 AM
^SubhaanAllaah almost makes me cry thinkin about...:(...
why people wud do such a thing do an animal is disgusting..they will get what they deserve by Allaah eventually...

Jennie
05-15-2010, 07:37 PM
I love nearly all animals. My favourite is this:

I have a cat, I had a lovely dog, but he died...

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-15-2010, 08:24 PM
^ Wow never seen one of these before, what are they called? And also which countries would your find one in usually?

shuraimfan4lyf
05-15-2010, 08:28 PM
SubhanAllah..the animal looks so weird.. I've seen it before. That URL looks like its from Finland.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-15-2010, 08:33 PM
what URL?
dont c 1

shuraimfan4lyf
05-15-2010, 08:35 PM
I mean the link for the Image. http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/sjahola/...met/niklas.jpg

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-15-2010, 08:37 PM
oh Jazakallahu khayr but didnt see that and sorry for my silly type....
So yeah

Woodrow
05-15-2010, 09:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jennie
I love nearly all animals. My favourite is this:

I have a cat, I had a lovely dog, but he died...
The Giant Anteater is an amazing creature. Although they are not agressive and can not bite they have very powerful claws. There are types of anteaters found throughout the tropics. The Giant one in the picture is from the grasslands of South America and sadly,They extremely endangered and may soon be extinct in the wild. They are fairly large and weigh up to 90pounds (42 Kg) There only food is ants and sometimes termites. As population extends into the grasslands, they are loosing their food supply. It takes many thousands of ants daily to keep one alive.

Asiyah3
05-15-2010, 09:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jennie
I love nearly all animals. My favourite is this:.
I also haven't seen that before. It looks very unique masha'llah. Sister you're from Finland? Also may I ask from where you're originally?

aadil77
05-15-2010, 09:56 PM
you donnt want to mess with one of these guys

Woodrow
05-15-2010, 10:14 PM

In spite of theirunwarranted reputations they are among the gentlest of creatures. Very docile plant eaters and very shy. It is true one has the strength of at least 10 men and could easily tear a human to pieces, they are basically harmless.Another creature that may be extinct during the life time of most members here. But the extinction is from greed in this case. Sadly a dead gorilla on the black market is very valuable. This poor creature is the victim of poachers killing them for their hands and feet which bring a lot in Chinese curio shops. Also the adults are often killed so babies can be taken and sold as pets. Few of which will survive past a year.

It is doubtful the gorillas are the apes mentioned in the Qur'an as the Gorilla was believed to be a fictional animal until the late 1800s and very few people outside the Congo basin of Africa had ever seen one. Although it was mentioned by Ancient Greek Sailors, but it is not believed they had ever been seen outside Mid West Africa. The Mountain Gorilla was discovered in 1902.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-15-2010, 10:16 PM

LOL now that just look hilarious..i almost burst out laughing seeying that MashaAllah,, Jazakallah for posting your favourite animal...

So yeah..

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-15-2010, 10:18 PM
In spite of theirunwarranted reputations they are among the gentlest of creatures. Very docile plant eaters and very shy. It is true one has the strength of at least 10 men and could easily tear a human to pieces, they are basically harmless.Another creature that may be extinct during the life time of most members here. But the extinction is from greed in this case. Sadly a dead gorilla on the black market is very valuable. This poor creature is the victim of poachers killing them for their hands and feet which bring a lot in Chinese curio shops. Also the adults are often killed so babies can be taken and sold as pets. Few of which will survive past a year.

It is doubtful the gorillas are the apes mentioned in the Qur'an as the Gorilla was believed to be a fictional animal until the late 1800s and very few people outside the Congo basin of Africa had ever seen one.

SubhaanAllaah thats really sad..also didnt know that were the gentlist of creatures, kind of a shocker lol..theyre aweesomee animals because Allaah Allmighty is there Creator!

Woodrow
05-15-2010, 10:32 PM
SubhaanAllaah thats really sad..also didnt know that were the gentlist of creatures, kind of a shocker lol..theyre aweesomee animals because Allaah Allmighty is there Creator!
They are very wonderful creatures and not many years ago a young boy here managed to fall into the "Gorilla Pit" at a Zoo and was knocked unconcious by the fall. Everybody was terrified and there was though of shooting all of the gorillas in the pit to rescue the boy. One of the larger female gorillas went up to the boy, picked him up and carried him to a spot the Zookeepers could reach. Then even more amazing all of the gorillas in the pit, moved to the opposite side of the pit, so the zoo keepers could enter without fear. It was unbelievable. Mashallah

all of Allaah(swt)'s creatures are good, the danger is when us humans mistreat that which was created.

aadil77
05-15-2010, 10:39 PM
man I hate animal cruelty

Woodrow
05-15-2010, 10:41 PM
This is a video of a similar incident to the one I mentioned above. The one I remember was at an earlier date and not filmed. If memory is correct the boy in the event I remember was older, a teenager of late preteen.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-15-2010, 10:47 PM
They are very wonderful creatures and not many years ago a young boy here managed to fall into the "Gorilla Pit" at a Zoo and was knocked unconcious by the fall. Everybody was terrified and there was though of shooting all of the gorillas in the pit to rescue the boy. One of the larger female gorillas went up to the boy, picked him up and carried him to a spot the Zookeepers could reach. Then even more amazing all of the gorillas in the pit, moved to the opposite side of the pit, so the zoo keepers could enter without fear. It was unbelievable. Mashallah

all of Allaah(swt)'s creatures are good, the danger is when us humans mistreat that which was created.
SubhaanAllaah thats the mercy of a Animal, Imagine the mercy of Allaah Swt..that is just really beautiful to hear...you hear awful things happening to such creatures..really upsetting SubhaanAllaah..

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-15-2010, 10:53 PM
This is a video of a similar incident to the one I mentioned above. The one I remember was at an earlier date and not filmed. If memory is correct the boy in the event I remember was older, a teenager of late preteen.

Jazakallahu Khayr for sharing the video...

Jennie
05-16-2010, 09:02 AM
Yeah, url is from Finland. And I'm too, I live here and have born here. My father (agnostic) is finnish and mother is from Bashkortostan. It's place in Russia where most of people are muslims.
I haven't had any kind of religious parenting, I choosed islam my religion 'cause I found it something beautiful which I wanted to my life.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-16-2010, 05:14 PM
Alhamdulilaah..That is really beautiful to know sis:)...
Stay happy and smile InshaAllaah because of Deen Al Islaam always:)

LauraS
05-16-2010, 06:19 PM
I hate hunters and poachers. I'm reading a book about 1860s Africa at the moment and they keep talking about how majestic the elephants are and then go around shooting them, boasting about how many they manage to kill and there are people like that. :| These hunters are idiots anyway because they'll hunt the animals to an extinction and then won't have anything to sell, I hope they can't get a proper job after that.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-16-2010, 06:23 PM
^yeah and im sure they wont, their wont be no blessing of Allaah in that ..so surelyy. Allaah does whats best!
MashaAllaah elephants are awesome creatures..but to then go killing em is just nonsense and craziness..

Woodrow
05-16-2010, 06:53 PM
I hate hunters and poachers. I'm reading a book about 1860s Africa at the moment and they keep talking about how majestic the elephants are and then go around shooting them, boasting about how many they manage to kill and there are people like that. :| These hunters are idiots anyway because they'll hunt the animals to an extinction and then won't have anything to sell, I hope they can't get a proper job after that.
Sport hunting is an idiotic sport in my opinion. Although I no longer hunt. I find nothing wrong with true hunters that hunt only for the purpose of gathering food. For many people hunting has been a necessity and remains so today. Here in the USA there were no domesticated animals except for hunting dogs until the coming of the wasichu (white man) even today many Native Americans will not eat domesticated livestock and rely upon hunting. However sport hunting just for the sake of killing a beautiful animal is an abomination to me. Sadly, your dua above will not be understood by most of them. They have no concern about jobs as usually those idiot big game, trophy, sport hunters are extremely wealthy and have no concept of working for a living or having a job.

shuraimfan4lyf
05-16-2010, 09:29 PM
Sport hunting is an idiotic sport in my opinion. Although I no longer hunt. I find nothing wrong with true hunters that hunt only for the purpose of gathering food. For many people hunting has been a necessity and remains so today. Here in the USA there were no domesticated animals except for hunting dogs until the coming of the wasichu (white man) even today many Native Americans will not eat domesticated livestock and rely upon hunting. However sport hunting just for the sake of killing a beautiful animal is an abomination to me. Sadly, your dua above will not be understood by most of them. They have no concern about jobs as usually those idiot big game, trophy, sport hunters are extremely wealthy and have no concept of working for a living or having a job.
Would you kindly tell me where those Native Americans are? I didnt know they still hunt the old fashion way..hmm

Woodrow
05-16-2010, 10:14 PM
Would you kindly tell me where those Native Americans are? I didnt know they still hunt the old fashion way..hmm
My wife's family for starters still live the life of hunters on the Northern Cheyenne Reservation in Montana, and while this is a matter of choice for many of the Lakotah Nation, for too many on the Pine Ridge Rez, it is a matter of survival.

Also virtually every person I know living here on the Standing Rock and Cheyenne River Reservations would prefer to hunt the Tatanka and wapiti rather than eat the poison sold by the wasichu as meat. Although this is a matter of choice and we do sometimes succumb to laziness and eat the wasichu poisons. Down on Pine ridge for a very large percentage any meat eaten is hunted or donated to them. Right now many of us have the desire to return the Tatanka herds to the grasslands and get rid of the imported animals, fattened with hormones, poisoned with pesticides and passed off as meat.

Then again those of us who choose to recognize Russell Means as the rightful President of the "Republic of Lakotah" tend to be a bit radical about things that are not traditional Native American.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-17-2010, 04:15 PM
<-- Check the Cutness out of this cute Kitten...Well Cute MashaAllaah..although people shouldnt be making vids of there kitties begging..
Anyway..just thought it was cutee!!! esp for all Cute Kittie Lovaz :)

So Yeah!

LauraS
05-18-2010, 09:50 AM
There are the whalers and seal clubbers of Canada. Perhaps someone should harpoon them and see how they like it. Or put the fox hunters in a lion sanctuary. I watched an interview on the news of a gril crying because of the hunting ban and her mum was saying "See what this is doing?" Sorry, are we meant to sympathise with this girl who enjoys ordering dogs to tear foxes apart?! It made me sick. Bull fighting's another one, me and my brother saw it on TV in Spain years ago and we made sure to cheer loudly every time the matador got hit...

As you can see, I get very angry when it comes to animal cruelty. :|

Woodrow
05-18-2010, 01:48 PM
I agree. None of those are hunting for food purposes. Those are needless slaughter for egotistical whims, fashion statements and just outright cruelty. I too get very angry when I see the beauty of Allaah(swt)'s creation mistreated or subjected to cruelty

LauraS
05-18-2010, 05:37 PM
Muslim World 12 that video is so cute!

Here's a tiny kitten meowing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OvgD...eature=channel

and a cat stalking the camera: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzzjgBAaWZw

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-18-2010, 08:57 PM
^aww the lil baby kitty is cute, and the second vid i seen it already its soo cute and funny, the kitty with its big huge cute eyes..Thanks for sharing laura :)

shuraimfan4lyf
05-18-2010, 09:01 PM
<-- Check the Cutness out of this cute Kitten...Well Cute MashaAllaah..although people shouldnt be making vids of there kitties begging..
Anyway..just thought it was cutee!!! esp for all Cute Kittie Lovaz :)

So Yeah!
Lol that was a cute video mashaAllah.. Why was it begging when the food was right there???

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-18-2010, 09:13 PM
^Yeah exactly thats what i thought, i think that food was probs for the bigg cat...that was lil kitten..or the owner made it doo that or whatever.Allahu Alam

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-18-2010, 10:20 PM
More Kute Kitties Indeed

<---Kitten dreaming away!

IslamicRevival
05-18-2010, 10:42 PM

Seeker1066
05-19-2010, 03:55 AM
Aslaamu Alaaykum My dear Sisters and Brothers and my dear Non-Muslim friends of the World :)

I wanted to create a thread to know what is everyone`s favourite animal InshaAllaah..i love Animals and wanted to know what your favourite animal is, and if you dont like animals feel free to give your opinion InshaAllaah and hope this doesnt sound too thick in the head i.e. dumb...Jus curious and so yeah indeedy :D and oh yeah hope this thread doesnt make you all go sad, just hope your all smiling and happy when your reading this lol so yeah

So yeahh....

Would love to know what animal yaz all likez :)
So yeah

Wa alaaykum Salaam

I'm going to have to say Sharks are my favorite animal. They are graceful, powerful and remind me that man must respect nature.

shuraimfan4lyf
05-19-2010, 04:51 AM
Lol that monkey looks cute..is it an orangutan??

Ramadhan
05-19-2010, 05:18 AM
That is a type of monkey. Orang utan is a big ape.

These are orang utans:

Orang utans live in the forests in Kalimantan and Sumatra (Indonesia), but sadly their habitats are shrinking very rapidly due to deforestations from loggings, coal minings and palm oil plantations.
I have been to an Orang utans reserve in kalimantan. They are such gentle and fun animals and would imitate human behaviour.

Did you know that "Orang Utan" means "People of the forests" in Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian language)?

shuraimfan4lyf
05-19-2010, 05:20 AM
I know they are big, but I thought it was a baby orangutan. Thanks for the info.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-19-2010, 10:53 PM
aww theyre kind cute in a weird way :). . .

<<<---Awwwww. . .

<<<---Miss Goldy!

<<<---Lil Kiddy bear!

Khayal
05-20-2010, 06:59 PM
AsSalaam O Alaikum Wr Wb!

WasSalaam!!!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-20-2010, 07:05 PM
aaaaaaaaaawww my gosh that white kitty with blue eyes is absolutely gorgeous , and the rest are soo cute, i can guess you are a fan of Kitties also?@ Khayal and the second kitty is sooo cute MashaAllaah , why are they sooo cute? lol

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-20-2010, 08:34 PM
Aslaamu Alaaykum. . .

<<<----Awww this Kitten is sooo Cute, dont you think? those eyes are adorably adorable Indeed!

<<<---Awww!

<<<---Bareee cute that is

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-21-2010, 02:54 PM
Aslaamu alaaykum. . .
I have a Q regarding (ofcourse) kittens. . .
How many hours sleep do Kittens need? And do they need less sleep as they grow older? or stays the same all their life . . .
Like do they sleep all day coz they dont get enough sleep during the night? Aaah so yeah

Wa alaaykum Salaam

UmmSqueakster
05-21-2010, 04:29 PM
Aslaamu alaaykum. . .
I have a Q regarding (ofcourse) kittens. . .
How many hours sleep do Kittens need? And do they need less sleep as they grow older? or stays the same all their life . . .
Like do they sleep all day coz they dont get enough sleep during the night? Aaah so yeah

Wa alaaykum Salaam
assalamu alaikum wr wb,

Cats spend a great deal of their time sleeping. The average cat sleeps for 13-18 hours a day. The exact number can change according to the cat's age and personality. Cats that spend the day alone at home tend to sleep throughout the day.

Newborn kittens spend most of their time sleeping. In fact, this is nature's way to make sure that the kittens do not wander out of the nest, or make noise that might attract predators while the mother cat is away. As the weeks pass, the kittens' sleeping hours gradually change to match those of the adults.
from http://www.thecatsite.com/Behavior/4...-a-Catnap.html

From what I've observed, cats' sleeping isn't dictated by night and day. It's whenever they want, where ever they want ;-)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-21-2010, 08:37 PM
^Lol awwwww Jazakallahu khayr for sharing the info :) . . .I shall keep that all in mind :) so we need to be quiet around them a lot. . ."Ssshhhhh" :)

shuraimfan4lyf
05-21-2010, 09:00 PM
I heard that cats sleep 18 out of 24 hrs a day..Idk if its true..

Woodrow
05-21-2010, 09:29 PM
You may remember the feral calico kitten I posted some pictures of last week or so.

Well she is finally old enough to wean from her mother, so we adopted her before she ends up as a meal for an owl.

She is taking to the house and is getting along with the other meows.

In about 3 weeks we will bring her to the vet for her shots and get spayed. Then we will begin finding a good home for her.

shuraimfan4lyf
05-21-2010, 09:33 PM
MashaAllah she is really cute uncle Woodrow!..I didnt know owls eat cats lol.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-21-2010, 09:53 PM
^LOL neither did i , i thought it was the other way around, this reminds me i should put my Kittens pics up :\ LOL, she was scared of the prayer mat before lol, and now she trynna eat it LOL cutee

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-21-2010, 09:54 PM
aww shes friends with my prayer mat now. . . sooo adorable MashaAllaah

aadil77
05-21-2010, 10:18 PM
aww shes friends with my prayer mat now. . . sooo adorable MashaAllaah
how can you let an animal near your prayer mat, doesn't it become najas?

nd don't get too attached to animals like non-muslims do, they end up valueing them more than humans,

nothing more adorable than cute lil babies :p

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-21-2010, 10:29 PM
Aslaamu Alaaykum. .
Hmm i dont think cats are unclean creatures so maybe thats why
SubhaanAllaah i try to do it for the sake of Allaah, thats i got 1 :\, as its a creature of Allaah, it brings entertainment to ones life e.g. for me keeps me away from TV,Music etc ,dfferent case for others indeed, unless your a Animal Hater..So yeah!. . . I dont think there is anything Naajis about Cats btw. . .and people who hate animals usually make that claim!
Yeah Babies are cute but so are Kittens Indeeed

So Yeah!

Wa Alaaykum Salaam

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-21-2010, 10:32 PM
Alhamdulilaah i dont try to love Dunya as much, as every Muslim shouldnt , for example, for males it can be boring place station games, cars, music etc. and for Females its make up, cute stuff , and some more other boring stuff etc.. . . .so yeah

And sorry if i went of topic

Woodrow
05-21-2010, 10:34 PM
MashaAllah she is really cute uncle Woodrow!..I didnt know owls eat cats lol.
Owls will eat any small animal. A white kitten would be immediatly seen and become a fast meal. The kittens normally would not be prey for an owl, but this is a small easily seen critter and would not last it's first night in the wild. It is getting large enough for it's mother to take the kittens out hunting. So I felt it best to take this one before it goes out with it's mother. Most of the feral cats are dark colored and well adapted for life in the wild. A feral cat is not domestic although their ancestors were domesticatic cats. But after generations of living in the wild, they have reverted to their wild state. The little rascals do bite, so when I do find it a home I have to be certain the person is familiar with ferals.

Here are some other more typical ferals that chose to be born in our attic. But, I am not going to try to tame them.

They are dark enough so they should not be obvious targets for an owl and be able to make it until they are big enough not to be an owl snack.

Woodrow
05-21-2010, 11:01 PM
^LOL neither did i , i thought it was the other way around, this reminds me i should put my Kittens pics up :\ LOL, she was scared of the prayer mat before lol, and now she trynna eat it LOL cutee
LOL, You never saw a North Dakota Owl we have great big Snowy Owls. they are beautiful Birds but gigantic for owls. Here are some pictures of what one did to our car by walking across it.

Here is some info about Snowy Owls

In the winter they are solid white with no black markings

The Snowy Owl was first classified in 1758 by Carolus Linnaeus, the Swedish Swedish naturalist who developed binomial nomenclature to classify and organise plants and animals. The name "scandiacas" is a Latinised word referring to Scandinavia, as the Owl was first observed in the northern parts of Europe. Some other names for the Snowy Owl are Snow Owl, Arctic Owl, Great White Owl, Ghost Owl, Ermine Owl, Tundra Ghost, Ookpik, Scandinavian Nightbird, White Terror of the North, and Highland Tundra Owl. It is the official bird of Quebec.

Description: The Snowy Owl is a large, diurnal white Owl that has a rounded head, yellow eyes and black bill. The feet are heavily feathered. A distinctive white Owl, their overall plumage is variably barred or speckled with thin, black, horizontal bars or spots. Females and juveniles are more heavily marked than males - adult males may be almost pure white, although they have up to three tail bands. Adult females are distinctly barred throughout, and have from four to six tail bands. Immatures are very heavily barred throughout, and dark spotting may codominate or dominate the overall plumage. Intensity of dark spotting varies with the sex of the immatures, females being the darkest. Juveniles are uniformly brown with scattered white tips of down.

Size: Length 51-68.5 cm (20-27") average female 66cm (26" inches), male 59cm (23")
Wingspan 137-164cm (54-65")
Weight 1134-2000g (40-70oz) average female 1707g (60oz), male 1612g (57oz)
SOURCE

They are very impressive birds and one of the few owls that hunts in the daytime. Their normal food in North Dakota is Prairie dogs, but with the dwindling prairie dog population they will hunt any small available animals.

shuraimfan4lyf
05-21-2010, 11:06 PM
how can you let an animal near your prayer mat, doesn't it become najas?

nd don't get too attached to animals like non-muslims do, they end up valueing them more than humans,

nothing more adorable than cute lil babies :p
Cats are Pure Animals brother.. Question: are cats taahir (pure) or naajis (impure)?

Answer: cats are taahir, and based on that, if a cat drinks from a vessel of water, the vessel does not become impure, because of the hadeeth of Kabshah bint Ka’b ibn Maalik, who was in the house of Abu Qutaadah: “Abu Qutaadah came in and I poured water for him to do wudoo’. A cat came and drank some of the water so he tilted the vessel to let it drink. He saw me looking at him and said, ‘Do you find it strange, O daughter of my brother?’ I said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said that they are not naajis, rather they are among those who go around amongst you.’” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 92; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi..

And yeah dont get too attached to animals lol..One time I read a story about a convert muslim woman, she left Islam after believing because her dog died. Her videos could be found on youtube. Such a silly billy.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-22-2010, 10:21 AM
LOL, You never saw a North Dakota Owl we have great big Snowy Owls. they are beautiful Birds but gigantic for owls. Here are some pictures of what one did to our car by walking across it.

Here is some info about Snowy Owls

In the winter they are solid white with no black markings

SOURCE

They are very impressive birds and one of the few owls that hunts in the daytime. Their normal food in North Dakota is Prairie dogs, but with the dwindling prairie dog population they will hunt any small available animals.
The bird is indeed one awesome Bird MashaAllaah, and those marks on your car are beautiful. . lol i hope you didnt scream your head off like some people do due to one small mark :-\. . .Jazakallahu Khayr for sharing

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-22-2010, 10:26 AM
Cats are Pure Animals brother.. Question: are cats taahir (pure) or naajis (impure)?

Answer: cats are taahir, and based on that, if a cat drinks from a vessel of water, the vessel does not become impure, because of the hadeeth of Kabshah bint Ka’b ibn Maalik, who was in the house of Abu Qutaadah: “Abu Qutaadah came in and I poured water for him to do wudoo’. A cat came and drank some of the water so he tilted the vessel to let it drink. He saw me looking at him and said, ‘Do you find it strange, O daughter of my brother?’ I said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said that they are not naajis, rather they are among those who go around amongst you.’” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 92; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi..

And yeah dont get too attached to animals lol..One time I read a story about a convert muslim woman, she left Islam after believing because her dog died. Her videos could be found on youtube. Such a silly billy.
Aslaamu alaaaykum...

I knew it! Jazakallahu Khayr for sharing the Hadeeth, i heard in a Leccy, that if the cats drinks from your plate or your food ,you can still eat it ...
So Yeah, thats actually one of the reasons i got a Kitten, if it was Naajis i wouldnt have even thought bout getting one, i cant put pics of it up as it never stays still , it has to move constantly :\
I would never disbelief in Allaah if my kitten died ,for i know Allaah has the right to take and give life to his creation, it will remain with him. . .
So yeah Awesome info we all learn everydays of our beautiful lives that Allaah the Allmighty hast blessed us with!. . .

So yEAH

Wa alaaykum Salaam

Woodrow
05-22-2010, 10:45 AM
The only thing we screamed our heads about is we did not have the camera handy and did not get any pictures of the rascal. We have seen quite a few of them but have yet to get a picture of one. A few weeks back when we were driving through the Cheyenne River Rez at about 65 MPH we saw one sitting very near the road like he was posing. We decided to turn around and go back and take his picture, after we found a place to turn around and got back he was still standing there. We got out of the car to get a good clear picture and he was still standing there like he was posing. But, the second we pointed the camera at him, he took off like a rocket and we ended up with no picture.

We get more pictures of antelope which are much shyer than the owls and run as soon as they hear a car.

Here are some antelope:

The male in the front was turning to face us as the females were running up into the hills. A second later he leaped off and joined them They are very fast animals and can run at speeds of up to 60 MPH. If memory serves me right they are the second fastest mammal on earth only the cheetah in Africa is faster.

Tiara B
05-22-2010, 10:57 AM
i LOVE ALL ANIMALS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mashallah they are ALL so amazing, and each one is so unique.....so amazing.....and its fun to watch their behaviours
sometimes i wish i could become a zoo keeper or something, just so i can spend time with animals......
we have lovely sunconures, electus, and cute little finches.

oh, and i especially love chimpanzees too!!!!!!!!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-22-2010, 11:29 AM
The only thing we screamed our heads about is we did not have the camera handy and did not get any pictures of the rascal. We have seen quite a few of them but have yet to get a picture of one. A few weeks back when we were driving through the Cheyenne River Rez at about 65 MPH we saw one sitting very near the road like he was posing. We decided to turn around and go back and take his picture, after we found a place to turn around and got back he was still standing there. We got out of the car to get a good clear picture and he was still standing there like he was posing. But, the second we pointed the camera at him, he took off like a rocket and we ended up with no picture.

We get more pictures of antelope which are much shyer than the owls and run as soon as they hear a car.

Here are some antelope:

The male in the front was turning to face us as the females were running up into the hills. A second later he leaped off and joined them They are very fast animals and can run at speeds of up to 60 MPH. If memory serves me right they are the second fastest mammal on earth only the cheetah in Africa is faster.
MashaAllaah those owls are rare here in the Uk, well around where im from. You have a lot love for animals . . . The antelopes are actually near where you live too? wow . . .

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-22-2010, 11:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tiara B
i LOVE ALL ANIMALS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mashallah they are ALL so amazing, and each one is so unique.....so amazing.....and its fun to watch their behaviours
sometimes i wish i could become a zoo keeper or something, just so i can spend time with animals......
we have lovely sunconures, electus, and cute little finches.

oh, and i especially love chimpanzees too!!!!!!!!
Yes they are indeed awesome animals MashaAllaah, its really interesting watching them doing thems. . . That Parrot is soo beautiful, some tend to bite :-\. . . All animals are indeed unique MashaAllaah

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-22-2010, 11:33 AM

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-22-2010, 11:35 AM
^ lol is that a Baboon? MashaAllaah

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-22-2010, 11:37 AM
Yeh, it looks angry for some reason, probably his/her food was stolen, lol

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-22-2010, 11:39 AM
Indeed, i cant tell the diff. . . But Kittens top that in looks any day and any time! Indeeed. . . What are the specialities of a Baboon? since you posted a pic inshaAllaah i would like to know more!

Mohamed_Sadiq
05-22-2010, 11:46 AM
Indeed, i cant tell the diff. . . But Kittens top that in looks any day and any time! Indeeed. . . What are the specialities of a Baboon? since you posted a pic inshaAllaah i would like to know more!
I don't know a lot about baboons but they are like monkeys and like banana's and are cheeky as well and they are funny looking and their speciality is climbing trees, lol

Woodrow
05-22-2010, 12:04 PM
MashaAllaah those owls are rare here in the Uk, well around where im from. You have a lot love for animals . . . The antelopes are actually near where you live too? wow . . .
They are very common. I see herds almost daily. They are not a true antelope and more properly called pronghorns. The Lakotah name for them is tahheenchala. We also have herds of Bison (American Buffalo) Elk and deer. There are also Mountain Goats and Mountain sheep, but the only place they are still in any number is on the Pine ridge Reservation. We only get there a few times a year, about once a month during the summer. We try to get there a few times in the winter to bring clothes and food to the people.

The wild life here is indescribable. We often see eagles. Some of the other animals are getting rare, we have only seen one Badger. The wolf packs have been almost fully exterminated, which is harming all of the animals. It has now been found that the wolf is a necessary part of the ecology for all of the animals to survive. My wife and myself are now part of a project involved with reintroducing wolves to the Dakotahs. There has been some success but sadly misinformed people keep killing them. As a result the "vermin" animals are increasing and in doing so spread disease and destry croplands causing the death of much wild life. The wolves are a natural means of keeping things in balance. Although wolves are predators, their normal food is the sick and injured animals along with the small rapidly reproducing animals such as mice and rats. This in turn limits the spread of disease among the wild life and as a result the wildlife numbers increase where wolves are present. The native Americans only killed animals for food and never did kill wolves. As a result there was plenty of food to feed the tribes. Oddly until the coming of the white man no human was ever killed or attacked by a wolf in America, although the wolves were numerous.

Here are some Bison pictures. We never get close to them, they are very unpredictable and can be very dangerous.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-22-2010, 12:13 PM
I don't know a lot about baboons but they are like monkeys and like banana's and are cheeky as well and they are funny looking and their speciality is climbing trees, lol
Indeed! . . .

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-22-2010, 12:15 PM
They are very common. I see herds almost daily. They are not a true antelope and more properly called pronghorns. The Lakotah name for them is tahheenchala. We also have herds of Bison (American Buffalo) Elk and deer. There are also Mountain Goats and Mountain sheep, but the only place they are still in any number is on the Pine ridge Reservation. We only get there a few times a year, about once a month during the summer. We try to get there a few times in the winter to bring clothes and food to the people.

The wild life here is indescribable. We often see eagles. Some of the other animals are getting rare, we have only seen one Badger. The wolf packs have been almost fully exterminated, which is harming all of the animals. It has now been found that the wolf is a necessary part of the ecology for all of the animals to survive. My wife and myself are now part of a project involved with reintroducing wolves to the Dakotahs. There has been some success but sadly misinformed people keep killing them. As a result the "vermin" animals are increasing and in doing so spread disease and destry croplands causing the death of much wild life. The wolves are a natural means of keeping things in balance. Although wolves are predators, their normal food is the sick and injured animals along with the small rapidly reproducing animals such as mice and rats. This in turn limits the spread of disease among the wild life and as a result the wildlife numbers increase where wolves are present. The native Americans only killed animals for food and never did kill wolves. As a result there was plenty of food to feed the tribes. Oddly until the coming of the white man no human was ever killed or attacked by a wolf in America, although the wolves were numerous.

Here are some Bison pictures. We never get close to them, they are very unpredictable and can be very dangerous.

MashaAllaah they are awesome animals. Jazakallahu for sharing the awesome info Uncle Woodrow (well thats what everyone calls u) sorry

Woodrow
05-22-2010, 12:50 PM
MashaAllaah they are awesome animals. Jazakallahu for sharing the awesome info Uncle Woodrow (well thats what everyone calls u) sorry
The Bison were a very important part of life for the Lakotah, it was the destruction of the vast herds that brought about the defeat of the Lakotah Nation and reduced the tribes to reservation life. The Bison is called tatanka in Lakotah. The old men of the tribe (There actually are some people older than me) still speak of the days when the prairie was solid black with the herds of tatanka migrating through.

The senseless slaughter of the tatanka is one of America's biggest shames.

"Sport" hunting from trains by the "brave" rich white hunters from the eastern cities:

From an estimated 100 million bison that roamed the prairies the number was reduced to less than a thousand by 1905 with nearly all of the slaughter being between 1870 and 1905. Buffalo Bill Cody by himself killed 4280 in just 17 months

Woodrow
05-22-2010, 01:04 PM
There is a Lakotah legend that the white man will only rule Turtle Island (America) until a white buffalo (tatanka) calf is born and then the Lakotah will rise up again as one and drive the wasichu out of the lands.

Oh-oh

Actually there is now a movement headed by Russell Means for us to reclaim Lakotah land as the Republic of Lakotah and sever all ties with the USA

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-22-2010, 04:04 PM
The Bison were a very important part of life for the Lakotah, it was the destruction of the vast herds that brought about the defeat of the Lakotah Nation and reduced the tribes to reservation life. The Bison is called tatanka in Lakotah. The old men of the tribe (There actually are some people older than me) still speak of the days when the prairie was solid black with the herds of tatanka migrating through.

The senseless slaughter of the tatanka is one of America's biggest shames.

"Sport" hunting from trains by the "brave" rich white hunters from the eastern cities:

From an estimated 100 million bison that roamed the prairies the number was reduced to less than a thousand by 1905 with nearly all of the slaughter being between 1870 and 1905. Buffalo Bill Cody by himself killed 4280 in just 17 months
Wow so that animal once existed, it doesnt exist today right?

shuraimfan4lyf
05-22-2010, 09:50 PM
Yeh, it looks angry for some reason, probably his/her food was stolen, lol
I used to love making my cat angry..it was so funny because her eyes used to go all black haha..

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-22-2010, 09:55 PM
^thats not funny, its scary!

shuraimfan4lyf
05-22-2010, 09:58 PM
Lol Indeed..Nah it was fun messing with her. She was so lazy..cats these days

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-22-2010, 10:01 PM
mines not lazy Alhamdulilaah

Woodrow
05-23-2010, 06:04 AM
Wow so that animal once existed, it doesnt exist today right?
The tatanka still exists the herds are even rapidly growing and now number in the thousands all from the few survivors in 1905. There are several thousand on Standing Rock Reservation and are in at least 3 different herds. I have seen 3 different herds, one seems to have at least a thousand in it. The pictures I posted of the Bison in the distance are one of the herds on the Cheyenne River Rez. There are at least 4 herds there, but I only know were that one herd usually is. Pine Ridge has quite a few and the herds there are truly magnificent to watch. But the land is so rugged that the only way to get to them is by light plane. Here is one of the Pine Ridge herds.

Most of the Lakotah find this film clip highly offensive as the section they are on has been designated "Custer" State park. A very big insult to the Lakotah as the park is on Pine Ridge and was stolen by the government and named after the most hated enemy the Lakotah ever faced.

This is the largest wild Buffalo (Bison) herd in the US, There are now over 1500 in the herd. The video just shows a very small part of the herd. It is also the easiest to get to as the state built roads through the park. There are many more Buffalo on the rest of Pine ridge but they are not in a single herd and very hard to get to.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-23-2010, 04:29 PM
^Jazakallahu Khayr

UmmSqueakster
05-24-2010, 01:26 AM
Muslim World, when did you get a kitty? Did you post pictures and I missed it?

The Squeakster looooves prayer rugs. We used to let her fluff around on them while we prayed, but with her dander right in where we make sujood, it effected our eyes, so now no kitty on the prayer rugs.

As for treating them as children, well, I seem to remember a companion of the prophet (saws) who was known for carrying kittens around with him, and doting on them to the point where his friends called him father of the small cats. Perhaps you're heard of him, Abu Huraira (ra)? :statisfie

As for loving our animals too much, I say there's almost no such thing! I love my Squeaky for the sake of Allah (swt), precisely because she is a marvelous creation and a reminder of Allah (swt). That such a little ball of fuzz and fat can bring me such happiness is truly a blessing from my Lord, and for that I say alhamdulilah. If having her, loving her, playing with her, cuddling with her, reminds me of Allah (swt) and gives me more opportunities to thank Him, then alhamdulilah times a million!

Just now, the Squeakster and I were sitting on the balcony. The cottonwoods are fluffing their seeds, so our balcony is covered in white fluff (which could be a whole nother tangent to praise Allah [swt], for such an ingenious way to spread seeds). My fat little cat, who spends all day lazing around the house, displayed tremendous bursts of energy, running and leaping to catch the seeds. SubhanAllah, that Allah (swt) created her this way - she rests to preserve energy, and then when the time comes to hunt, she displays such physical fitness, it puts me to shame.

Alhamdulilah for our animals :statisfie

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-24-2010, 05:42 PM
Muslim World, when did you get a kitty? Did you post pictures and I missed it?

The Squeakster looooves prayer rugs. We used to let her fluff around on them while we prayed, but with her dander right in where we make sujood, it effected our eyes, so now no kitty on the prayer rugs.

As for treating them as children, well, I seem to remember a companion of the prophet (saws) who was known for carrying kittens around with him, and doting on them to the point where his friends called him father of the small cats. Perhaps you're heard of him, Abu Huraira (ra)? :statisfie

As for loving our animals too much, I say there's almost no such thing! I love my Squeaky for the sake of Allah (swt), precisely because she is a marvelous creation and a reminder of Allah (swt). That such a little ball of fuzz and fat can bring me such happiness is truly a blessing from my Lord, and for that I say alhamdulilah. If having her, loving her, playing with her, cuddling with her, reminds me of Allah (swt) and gives me more opportunities to thank Him, then alhamdulilah times a million!

Just now, the Squeakster and I were sitting on the balcony. The cottonwoods are fluffing their seeds, so our balcony is covered in white fluff (which could be a whole nother tangent to praise Allah [swt], for such an ingenious way to spread seeds). My fat little cat, who spends all day lazing around the house, displayed tremendous bursts of energy, running and leaping to catch the seeds. SubhanAllah, that Allah (swt) created her this way - she rests to preserve energy, and then when the time comes to hunt, she displays such physical fitness, it puts me to shame.

Alhamdulilah for our animals :statisfie
Aslaamu Alaaykum
I got her on Friday:statisfie. . .
I havent posted any pictures lol so you havent missed any:p
Alhamdulilaah for your active kitty, mine loves to play a lot lol MashaAllaah, btw why do they make that Purring sound? is that a good sign? Alhamdulilaah indeed that Allaah created em soo beautifully :). . .

Wa Alaaykum Salaam

Myself
05-26-2010, 10:48 AM
funny little incident. we have four chickens (really cute!) and i was showing them off to my friend the other day. she has a pet cat herself. so she goes, 'ohh, they're so cute. can i bring my cat over one day and they can be friends? oh wait, your chickens won't eat my cat up will they?' funny part was, she was asking seriously, with innocence written all over her face. she's in first year uni mind you. i was like, 'my chickens? eat your cat?' she was like, 'oh wait, that can't happen hey?' Lol! funny girl.

but yeah, i have chickens :D cute animals i must say. the things they do... just reminds you who the Creator is of such lovely creations, subhanallah.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-26-2010, 02:03 PM
Funny sis you remind me of "myself"

Myself
05-26-2010, 02:07 PM
wait, 'i' remind you of yourself, or my friend does? im confusing myself with 'myself'.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-26-2010, 02:13 PM
lol sis. . .

Life_Is_Short
05-26-2010, 11:03 PM
It's so cute. :) I want to take it home.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-27-2010, 10:12 AM
^Lol awww cutee :)

Woodrow
06-03-2010, 03:51 AM
About all I have is horses and cats. We spent yesterday working with some of the horses that had never been ridden or it had been a long time since they were last ridden. Lots of fun. But we finished the day with no new broken bones so I guess it was a success.

We only use a bridle or hackamor on the horses. We do not use bits. Seldom use a saddle too, although when we use saddles we use the Australian Saddles, they are better suited for gaited horses.

The first 2 pictures are Annie An older mare that we are going to breed with a White Andalusian.

The next 2 are of Dandy, we plan to sell her later this year, but want to train here for working with cattle first

The next is DeeDee part of our foundation herd

The next couple are of Sassy. He is one that had never been ridden by a man before.

The next 2 are Windy she is Rowdy's 3 year old daughter and is part of our foundation herd. She is very high spirited and has never been ridden. We tried to get a bridle on her. After an hour we got a rope on her, then had to spend 4 hours chasing her to get the rope off.

this next is Pride we have her up for sale.

This last one is Honey, we just sold her, but the new owner hasn't picked her up yet. She is very gentle and a well gaited horse trained for pleasure riding.

The dog in one or 2 of the pictures is not ours. I think he was trying to spook the horses and get me killed. But after he got kicked a few times by the horses he decided to get out of the pasture.

Candle
06-03-2010, 04:25 AM
All three of my favourite local animals:

Canadian grey wolf; I love how noble they are. They'll always hunt for the pack and protect the young.

Orca; love to see the orcas when they migrate. If you're lucky, you can kayak with them. :)

The honey bee/bumblebee: Responsible for 30% of the food on Earth. The honey bee is the hardest worker. Most people don't like them because they sting, but they only sting to protect the hive because they will soon die thereafter. The bee is an ancient symbol of wisdom, and unfortunately it's dying out..

marwen
06-03-2010, 05:02 AM
Great pics mashallah.

I also love bees, because they are hardworkers and they are blessed by God. It's mentioned in the qur'an, that bees are taught by Allah to make their habitations in hills, trees and buildings, to provide us with one of the most healthy and blessed food.
" And thy Lord inspired the bee, saying: Choose thou habitations in the hills and in the trees and in that which they thatch;"
" Then eat of all fruits, and follow the ways of thy Lord, made smooth (for thee). There cometh forth from their bellies a drink divers of hues, wherein is healing for mankind. Lo! herein is indeed a portent for people who reflect."

format_quote Originally Posted by Candle
The honey bee/bumblebee: Responsible for 30% of the food on Earth. The honey bee is the hardest worker. Most people don't like them because they sting, but they only sting to protect the hive because they will soon die thereafter. The bee is an ancient symbol of wisdom, and unfortunately it's dying out..

Candle
06-03-2010, 07:27 AM
Great pics mashallah.

I also love bees, because they are hardworkers and they are blessed by God. It's mentioned in the qur'an, that bees are taught by Allah to make their habitations in hills, trees and buildings, to provide us with one of the most healthy and blessed food.
" And thy Lord inspired the bee, saying: Choose thou habitations in the hills and in the trees and in that which they thatch;"
" Then eat of all fruits, and follow the ways of thy Lord, made smooth (for thee). There cometh forth from their bellies a drink divers of hues, wherein is healing for mankind. Lo! herein is indeed a portent for people who reflect."
Thank you Marwen! That's really cool about bees. Humans have always felt there was something special about them. I think we could learn a lesson from their ways. :)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-03-2010, 11:30 AM
MashaAllaah awesome animals aye :), they make you smile Alhamdulilaah (All Praises are due to Allaah)

Candle
06-03-2010, 03:10 PM
Yes, Alhamdulilaah!

LauraS
06-09-2010, 07:58 PM
I really want a pet tortoise.

aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_N_rjkdcKU&feature=fvst

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ffbto...eature=channel

And look at this wee baby one!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kseEA...eature=related

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-09-2010, 08:01 PM
^Your pictures arent showing sis

This is what i see

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h_N_rjkdcKU...</param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h_N_rjkdcKU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ffbtoj1QbOs...</param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ffbtoj1QbOs&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

And look at this wee baby one!!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kseEAN87sX0...</param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kseEAN87sX0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Snowflake
06-09-2010, 08:19 PM
^Cute turtles mashaAllah!

Introducing the weird and wonderful...

Flying Snake

Horned Lizard - Squirts blood out of its eyes for self-defence. Really!

Otters - How cute! :statisfie

Japanese Goblin Shark

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-09-2010, 08:36 PM
^Awww MashaAllaah sis, theyre your favourite animals :), Jazakallahu Khaayr for sharing, would love to see you pet em one day :p, Esp the Japenese goblin shark lol
And why does the Lizard squirt blood, how is the blood referred to as "Self-Defence"?

Khaayr but cool tho MashaAllaah the otters are cutee :)

Woodrow
06-09-2010, 09:40 PM
Monday and Tuesday I went off on a Horse and Llama buying spree off into Nebraska, Montana and south west South Dakota. We did end up buying one llama, 2 miniture horses and 3 full size horse. I won't say which we bought but here is what we had to pick from:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-10-2010, 10:34 PM
^MashaAllaah sooo cute
Jazakallahu Khayr for sharing :D. . .
Horses are the Awesome! :D

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-17-2010, 08:43 AM

<---Its smiling aawwwww

<--Now that face looks soo intelligent and geeky,MashaAllaah , need to give it tougher maths Qs nex time :-\ as she may have smiled, but aah well it happens :D

<---So cute and the smile puts a smile on your face, and i hope it does to YOU too!

So yeah

Mohamed_Sadiq
06-17-2010, 01:36 PM
I am being honest but those lions are weird looking, they don't look tough. They should look angry and vicous not smiling at the camera.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-17-2010, 01:38 PM
Animals are allowed to smile
Guess in "Someones" world its forbidden now :-\
They look awesome

So yeah

Woodrow
06-17-2010, 06:27 PM
Have to show off our latest Arabia Horse Esaad. We got him on the spur of the moment. We rescued him from a shelter, he was schedualed to be put down this week. An idiot bought him from an Arabian Ranch in Texas back in September. He was sold as a Stud Stallion for a very hefty price over $10,000 the idiot that bought him was told that a stallion can be dangerous (Which is true, if you do not know horses) He had it gelded 3 days after he bought it and then discovered he made the horse worthless and no longer had any resale value. He abandoned the horse and we got called by the shelter that rescued it and asked us if we would take him,

Here is Esaad

We are going to train him for riding and use him just as a pleasure horse and not to make any money off him.

The dog is not our dog. He is a mutt that probably lives nearby. He comes by often to bark at the horses. He been kicked a few times and at least learned not to try to chase the horses.

Asiyah3
06-17-2010, 06:36 PM
Lovely pictures bro Woodrow. =) Jazakallah for sharing.

Horses bring such a peaceful spirit masha'Allah.

Woodrow
06-17-2010, 06:41 PM
Monday and Tuesday I went off on a Horse and Llama buying spree off into Nebraska, Montana and south west South Dakota. We did end up buying one llama, 2 miniture horses and 3 full size horse. I won't say which we bought but here is what we had to pick from:

Now that we have them here here are the ones we bought from Tom:

CHAMPS

ALLIE

BRANDY

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-17-2010, 07:01 PM
The name Esaad is such a beautiful name and that horse is really really beautiful MashaAllaah
Sooooo cutee too. . Brother Woodrow you must have a time of your life like everyday, awesome. .
Jazakallahu Khayr for sharing Esaad and many of your other animals with us. .
Animals are awesome

So yeah

Woodrow
06-17-2010, 07:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by мυѕℓιмαн 4 ℓιfє
The name Esaad is such a beautiful name and that horse is really really beautiful MashaAllaah
Sooooo cutee too. . Brother Woodrow you must have a time of your life like everyday, awesome. .
Jazakallahu Khayr for sharing Esaad and many of your other animals with us. .
Animals are awesome

So yeah
;D I just show the fun and enjoyable side of raising horse. They do entail a lot of work and some of it can be a touch hazardous. When you raise horses, broken bones get to be a very common experience. I can already feel the broken ribs I am going to have when I start trimming hooves. Most will kick you in the chest when you lift up their hind leg and start working on the hoof. Also the fun of breaking them for riding. Horses are not born wanting to let somebody sit on their back. The first time a horse has somebody get on their back it usually goes like this.

Or worse it can end up like this if you are not careful

Horses are very large powerful animals an untrained one of one poorly trained can be very dangerous. When you are in the business of raising and training them you want to be certain they are safe for somebody to buy. so it is essential to train them fully. Broken bones come with the job when you are training them.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-17-2010, 07:27 PM
lol thats kinda funny, but scary for the person sitting on the horse. . .

What is the reason they do that? Is it like the weight is too heavy? it maybe feels unusual to the horse like "Whats this thing doing on me :-\" and kicks the Thing/person off LOL. .

MashaAllaaah

I am sure the broken bones will heal InshaAllaah

Woodrow
06-17-2010, 07:54 PM
lol thats kinda funny, but scary for the person sitting on the horse. . .

What is the reason they do that? Is it like the weight is too heavy? it maybe feels unusual to the horse like "Whats this thing doing on me :-\" and kicks the Thing/person off LOL. .

MashaAllaaah

I am sure the broken bones will heal InshaAllaah
It takes about 3 years to train a horse to having a rider. Normally you do not even take them away from the mother to begin training them until they are a year old. So by the time you actually first get on a horses back it is a large animal weighing a 1000 pounds or more. Fortunatly most of our horses are broken and we only have 17 or 18 left that have never been ridden. Our horse Sassy was first ridden last year:

He is doing very good, but we still have to train him for a saddle. My wife was the one who broke him last year. I could not get near him until we moved here.

It is a slow process. It is not natural for a horse to have anything on their back. In the wild the only thing that will ever be on a horses back is a large predator like a lion, tiger or cougar. The horse has a natural instinct to try to throw anything off it's back. In training you have to gradually teach the horse to overcome this instinct.

And yes the broken bones do heal and it worth a few broken bones to work with these magnificent creations from Allaah(swt)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-17-2010, 07:58 PM
Yeah MashaAllaah. . .

Im sure the prophet sallahu alaayhi wa salam had a horse i think it was called Buraq?

So did his grandsons, Hussain? Correct me if im wrong InshaAllaah

Woodrow
06-17-2010, 08:11 PM
Yeah MashaAllaah. . .

Im sure the prophet sallahu alaayhi wa salam had a horse i think it was called Buraq?

So did his grandsons, Hussain? Correct me if im wrong InshaAllaah
The Buraq is the magnificent creature that carried our beloved Prophet sallahu alaayhi wa salam on his night Journey to Al Aqsa and the Heavens. We do not know what kind of creature it was. But we do know it flew at an unbelievable speed.

The Prophet sallahu alaayhi wa salam and his companions in all liklihood had horses as they were a very common means of transprtation.

FS123
06-17-2010, 08:21 PM
My favs:
peregrine falcon
Mountain Bluebird
Painted Bunting
Savannah Cat

I can't post links :(

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-17-2010, 08:37 PM
The Buraq is the magnificent creature that carried our beloved Prophet sallahu alaayhi wa salam on his night Journey to Al Aqsa and the Heavens. We do not know what kind of creature it was. But we do know it flew at an unbelievable speed.

The Prophet sallahu alaayhi wa salam and his companions in all liklihood had horses as they were a very common means of transprtation.
Awww MashaAllaah soo beautiful to hear about him Sallahu alaayhi wa salam!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-17-2010, 09:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FS123
My favs:
peregrine falcon
Mountain Bluebird
Painted Bunting
Savannah Cat

I can't post links :(
No Problemo

peregrine falcon

<---Nice bird Masha`Allaah!

Mountain Bluebird

<---mashaAllaah the colour is nice and its cute!

Painted Bunting

<--Cute bird, but funny name :-\

Savannah Cat

<--Beautiful Cat!

So yeah

FS123
06-20-2010, 12:51 PM
Thanks sis! :)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-20-2010, 12:54 PM
^Your welcome indeed

So yeah

Snowflake
07-26-2010, 04:49 PM
Those birds are beautiful mashaAllah! praise be to Allah for creating these beautiful things that bring us so much pleasure..

just came across this stunning pic by chance.. SubhanAllah

Misz_Muslimah
07-26-2010, 04:52 PM
^Wow subhanallah..jazaakalahu khayr for sharing :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!