/* */

PDA

View Full Version : In Spirit of western freedom (man marries cat)

جوري
05-08-2010, 06:53 PM
Going Postal: German man marries his dying cat, Cecilia

0504cat 1?w620 - REUTERS/Srdjan Zivulovic
A cat is seen during an international cat exhibition in Ljubljana ,Feb. 14, 2010. Dying married cat not exactly as shown.

By Mary Vallis May 4, 2010 – 8:14 am
Cecilia, you’re breaking his heart.
Uwe Mitzscherlich, a German postman, is so distraught about losing his 15-year-old cat, Cecilia, to obesity and diabetes that he “married” the animal, AFP reports. Says the otherwise single man:
“Cecilia is such a trusting creature. We cuddle all the time and she has always slept in my bed. Our hearts beat as one — it’s unique!”
Marrying an animal is technically illegal. The man held a mock ceremony by hiring an actress to officiate; the man’s twin brother played a witness. Said the actress:
“At first I thought it was a joke. But for Mr. Mitzscherlich it’s a dream come true”.
Cecilia wore a white dress for the ceremony. (Of course she did.)

Posted in: Posted Tags: animals, Cat, Germany, Marry, Society

Read more: http://news.nationalpost.com/2010/05...#ixzz0nMjHdmao

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S<Chowdhury
05-08-2010, 07:04 PM
LOOOL I don't know which is worse a cat or a video game : Man Marries Video Game

aadil77
05-08-2010, 07:18 PM
the world is sick, I was reading a car mag and there was this article about some saddo who's had relationships with cars, one word.... exhaust

جوري
05-08-2010, 07:20 PM
well you know what the athies say.. 'so long as they consent'-- who are we to define a 'family unit'

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S<Chowdhury
05-08-2010, 07:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
the world is sick, I was reading a car mag and there was this article about some saddo who's had relationships with cars, one word.... exhaust

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw thats disgusting

Cabdullahi
05-08-2010, 07:26 PM
if the cat lived that bit longer it would've used its claws to slice up his johnson like celery stalk....

aadil77
05-08-2010, 07:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S<Chowdhury
Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw thats disgusting
what r u doin here, is it too lonely at 'Ourislamic'? :D

aadil77
05-08-2010, 07:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
well you know what the athies say.. 'so long as they consent'-- who are we to define a 'family unit'

:w:
yh 'what two consenting adults.....blah blah blah'

makes u wonder how a car or a pillow consents, I hope theirs a death penalty for this is shariah

S<Chowdhury
05-08-2010, 07:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
what r u doin here, is it too lonely at 'Ourislamic'? :D
Just wait and seee Brooo what I'm doing here

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ml#post1324839

Ps speak a little louder the hater reception talk is a bit fuzzy :P

Skavau
05-08-2010, 08:26 PM
Did you guys not read the part where it says: "Marrying an animal is technically illegal. The man held a mock ceremony by hiring an actress to officiate; the man’s twin brother played a witness. Said the actress:"?

جوري
05-08-2010, 08:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skavau
Did you guys not read the part where it says: "Marrying an animal is technically illegal. The man held a mock ceremony by hiring an actress to officiate; the man’s twin brother played a witness. Said the actress:"?
is 'technically illegal' the same as positively illegal? and does the 'mock ceremony' change the fact that this German man married his dying cat? I thought you'd be pleased with this news, looks like progress from the atheist front?

all the best

M..x
05-08-2010, 08:36 PM
okay.. even if its a mock ceremony, who does that? you can substitue the word 'sick' for 'retarded' then.
at aadil, thats DISGUSTING. YUCK.

S<Chowdhury
05-08-2010, 08:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M..x
okay.. even if its a mock ceremony, who does that? you can substitue the word 'sick' for 'retarded' then.
at aadil, thats DISGUSTING. YUCK.
LOOL Sister and your signature - Dancing with the devil Immortal Technique Tunnnnneeeeeeeee !

M..x
05-08-2010, 08:44 PM
^ Lol. I think he is such an amazing lyricist, if only he was Muslim though =(..

Skavau
05-08-2010, 09:30 PM
is 'technically illegal' the same as positively illegal? and does the 'mock ceremony' change the fact that this German man married his dying cat? I thought you'd be pleased with this news, looks like progress from the atheist front?

all the best
It doesn't mean anything to me. He just decided to pretend to marry his cat.

جوري
05-08-2010, 09:34 PM
It doesn't mean anything to me. He just decided to pretend to marry his cat.
He didn't 'pretend' -- he married his cat and it made the news.. burying your head in the sand and substituting for less painful words won't change the fact of the matter!

all the best

Skavau
05-08-2010, 09:37 PM
He didn't 'pretend' -- he married his cat and it made the news.. burying your head in the sand and substituting for less painful words won't change the fact of the matter!

all the best
He had a mock ceremony. It has no legal basis. It only made the news because its weird. It doesn't concern me in the slightest.

aadil77
05-08-2010, 09:39 PM

all the best
LOL appropriate time for this:

Skavau
05-08-2010, 09:39 PM
Why do you all think this bothers me, or that I'm trying to hide something?

جوري
05-08-2010, 09:50 PM
He had a mock ceremony. It has no legal basis. It only made the news because its weird. It doesn't concern me in the slightest.
A 'mock ceremony' is anything like the tim robbins sham courtship to susan sarandon? It is indeed weird news but it doesn't change the fact that it happened or what it means, anymore than a man sleeping and fathering grandchildren with his daughter and locking her in the basement or a brother marrying his sister.. indeed outlandish but not surprising when you can't find a baseline to define boundaries!
Why do you all think this bothers me, or that I'm trying to hide something?
then why are your responding here? if it didn't bother you on some level you'd not be here watering down the event in hordes of colorful different ways!

all the best!

Skavau
05-08-2010, 09:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vale
A 'mock ceremony' is anything like the tim robbins sham courtship to susan sarandon? It is indeed weird news but it doesn't change the fact that it happened or what it means, anymore than a man sleeping and producing with his daughter and leaving her in the basement indeed outlandish but not surprising when you can't define a baseline to define boundaries!
I know it happened. Again, it doesn't bother me.

then why are your responding here? if it didn't bother you on some level you'd not be here watering down the event in hordes of colorful different ways!
I haven't watered it down. All I have said is that was not a legal marriage ceremony - which it is not.

Snowflake
05-08-2010, 09:56 PM
It's only called a mock ceremony because the law doesn't recognize it. He married the cat in his head for the sake of marrying the cat. That is worrying.

جوري
05-08-2010, 10:01 PM
I know it happened. Again, it doesn't bother me.

I haven't watered it down. All I have said is that was not a legal marriage ceremony - which it is not.
It should be legalized next.. why should homos get all the glory?

all the best

Woodrow
05-08-2010, 10:08 PM
If a dog married a cantaloupe would they have a Melon-collie baby?

جوري
05-08-2010, 10:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
If a dog married a cantaloupe would they have a Melon-collie baby?
rofl that is funny.. my br. in law came up with a funny too regarding this marriage between man and cat but it only works in very slang egyptian Arabic.. I laughed and laughed .. but your melon collie baby is up there ;D

LauraS
05-08-2010, 11:16 PM
"for Mr. Mitzscherlich it’s a dream come true”.

Whaaaaat? lol I heard about someone who married a dolphin before. :\ There were talking about this on "This Morning" and legal people were saying you can't marry an animal becuase it's impossible for the animal to understand the meaning of the ceremony or something which made me laugh, yeah, because that's the only issue with marrying an animal. :P

Ayesha Rana
05-08-2010, 11:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LauraS
yeah, because that's the only issue with marrying an animal. :P
Oh dear what is the world coming to? Now that is scary you just worried me I think I'll go to sleep before I learn something else new that gives me nightmares.

M..x
05-09-2010, 09:01 AM
wow.. all this over a man marrying his cat *eyes rolly* he must be loving it.. haha
i'm just gutted I weren't invited... JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKEE

Life_Is_Short
05-10-2010, 04:53 PM
I don't know who to feel sorry for. The man or the diabetic cat.

CosmicPathos
05-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Let the man have fun :p

Ummu Sufyaan
05-11-2010, 09:42 AM
:sl:
i really think that guy has some serious psychological issues that need to be sorted. serious.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-14-2010, 10:27 PM
Indeed hes on the wrong, needs to be put on the right path or else he wont even get a chance to regret..
SubhaanAllah May Allaah Allmighty guide him...Ammeen..

shuraimfan4lyf
05-14-2010, 10:34 PM
That is the most retarded thing I have ever heard. Seems like they do not have any common sense. I also heard that in Japan some guy married a anime game character.^o)Just ridiculous.

Here is the article:
okyo, Japan (CNN) -- Nene Anegasaki is a witty, doe-eyed beauty. She looks perfectly perky in sexy skirts, doesn't pick fights and is always at one Tokyo man's beck and call -- that is why the 27-year-old decided to marry her.

The only complication: She is a videogame character in the Nintendo DS game called "Love Plus."

Still, that didn't stop Sal 9000 -- the only name the groom would give -- from marrying Nene in a ceremony witnessed live by thousands on the Web.

When asked if Nene is his dream woman, Sal replied, "Yes, she is. Her character changes to my liking as we talk and travel to different places."

Japan's Internet community has witnessed relationships and marriages to avatars, though it's typically been within the confines of the virtual world. Last month, Sal decided to be the first human-to-avatar union. Clad in a white tux, Sal married Nene in front of some friends and Web users watching the ceremony live online.
Video: Man 'marries' video game

The wedding, while not legally binding, was Sal's way of expressing his devotion to his avatar girlfriend.

"I love this character, not a machine," said Sal, when asked about whether he can love an electronic device. "I understand 100 percent that this is a game. I understand very well that I cannot marry her physically or legally."

The courtship began in September when he started playing the game, in which players nurture a deeper relationship through game play. Sal started carrying Nene around the streets of Tokyo and taking her to Disneyland and to a beach resort in Guam.

Sal says Nene is better than a human girlfriend. "She doesn't get angry if I'm late in replying to her. Well, she gets angry, but she forgives me quickly."

Asked if he's courtesy addicted to the game, he says, "If addiction is playing this every single day, then you might call me addicted." With Nene, Sal doesn't feel the need to find a human girlfriend, he added.

Hiroshi Ashizaki, an author who writes about Internet and game addiction, doesn't think Sal 9000 is an extreme case. What is healthy about Sal is that he can communicate with people enough to do an interview on CNN and webcast a half-serious wedding, Ashizaki said.

"There are many others who can't express themselves like Sal can, and those are the cases we worry about," says Ashizaki. What's important to note, Ashizaki says, is that Sal is a representative of many of Japan's young gamers.

"Today's Japanese youth can't express their true feelings in reality. They can only do it in the virtual world," Ashizaki said. "It's the reverse of reality that they can only talk about what they feel to a friend in the virtual world."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapc...ing/index.html

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-14-2010, 10:46 PM
^bla bla bla..People just dont waste too much time on this, theres no benefit..but to either give Dawah.. it just makes people make more hate remarks... Pray for the person..Indeed Allaah will guide the person if he wills..but sittin here laughing about is just no way to deal with it!

Asiyah3
05-14-2010, 10:52 PM
One word - DiSguStINg. I remember watching a program about a woman who had an affair with bridges. Eww..

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
05-14-2010, 10:53 PM
Afta readin all d comments here...i can only say 'yikes':skeleton:

May Allah (swt) guide thy foolish ppl, Aameen.

shuraimfan4lyf
05-14-2010, 10:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _muslim_
One word - DiSguStINg. I remember watching a program about a woman who had an affair with bridges. Eww..
Bridges??? as in like the road?

Asiyah3
05-14-2010, 11:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shuraimfan4lyf
Bridges??? as in like the road?
Yes, the Golden Gate bridge. But unfortunately she had to leave him for she married the Eiffel Tower. LOL.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-14-2010, 11:11 PM
^SubhaanAllaah. . . :\

shuraimfan4lyf
05-14-2010, 11:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _muslim_
Yes, the Golden Gate bridge. But unfortunately she had to leave him for she married the Eiffel Tower. LOL.
LOL hahahaha..that is just too funny..I think she is on crack.

Life_Is_Short
05-14-2010, 11:18 PM
How exactly do you have an affair with a bridge? :ermm:

Honestly, i think these people have too much time at their hands.

Asiyah3
05-14-2010, 11:20 PM
When I watched the documentary I felt bad for her. The lady was sexually harassed many times.. I think that had an impact on her behavior like she stopped trusting people and "hating" men and so resorted to objects.

Alchemist
05-14-2010, 11:27 PM
rofl that is funny.. my br. in law came up with a funny too regarding this marriage between man and cat but it only works in very slang egyptian Arabic.. I laughed and laughed .. but your melon collie baby is up there ;D
3ayel me2at2at ? hahaha..

marwen
05-14-2010, 11:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alchemist
lol, if I understand egyptian well, does that mean half boy / half cat ? :D

Alchemist
05-14-2010, 11:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
yeah it's something along those lines :D

جوري
05-15-2010, 02:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alchemist

rofl yes how did you know.. 3yal matateen heheheheheheheh.. whahahahaha.. hahahahaha :lol: :haha: ;D

جوري
05-15-2010, 02:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
technically it is a term of endearment that we use sometimes on children it is a slash cutie/kitten.. you know when you see a cute little girl in pig tales and call her 'at'oota.. you basically mean cute 'kitten like'

'at'oota no? :haha:

Sawdah
05-15-2010, 03:02 AM
“Cecilia is such a trusting creature. We cuddle all the time and she has always slept in my bed. Our hearts beat as one — it’s unique!”
Ah, what a sicko!
Who says that? Seriously!

Woodrow
05-15-2010, 03:11 AM
I will just inject a thought that I hope is the real basis of these bizarre marriages. I tend to see them as being a protest and satire of some of the recent changes in marriage and divorce laws.\

A parody and protest against same sex marriages, which are now legal in many places. I see these bizarre marriages as visible statements/protests of how those people see same sex marriage.

Satire in the form of carrying something to the extreme. Subtle ridicule.

Myself
05-15-2010, 05:03 AM
do they have any idea how they've just ruined their own lives by doing... what they've done? what kind of nonsense?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!