/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Shaibaan Approaching The Lion! ~~~~~ A Beautiful Story ~~~~~

imam bukhari
05-08-2010, 08:53 PM
Shaibaan Approaching The Lion!

One Year while Sufyaan Ath-Thawree (a contemporary of Imaam Abu Haneefah) was performing hajj in the company of Shaibaan Ar-Raa’i, a lion appeared before their traveling party on the road they were traveling upon.

Sufyaan said to Shaibaan, “Look how this lion is blocking the way and terrifying the people.

Do not fear,” Shaibaan said. When the lion heard Shaibaan’s words, it moved its tail, as a dog might do when it is showing how obedient it is to its master. After he approached the lion, Shaibaan rubbed its tail gently; it made another meek, subservient gesture with its body and tail, after which it hurried away into the distance, leaving the traveling party alone.

What is this showing off, O Shaibaan?” Sufyaan asked.

And was this showing off, O Sufyaan?” Shaibaan answered. “Had I wanted to show off and gain fame, i would have placed my provisions on its back for the journey, until we reached Makkah!

[Taken from "Glimpses Of The Lives Of Righteous People", Darussalam publishing, p. 81, quoting from "Bahrud-Dumoo", p.131 and "Sifatus-Safwah" 4/307]

Source: http://theauthenticbase.wordpress.co...hing-the-lion/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!