/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Scientist say ants do "Suicide Bombings", and these ants prove... evolution is wrong

quranalim
05-09-2010, 12:39 AM
The ultimate sacrifice in public service is to destroy enemies by committing suicide in defense of the colony. Many kinds of ants are prepared to assume this kamikaze role in one way or another, but none more dramatically than workers of a species of Camponotus of the saundersi group living in the rain forests of Malaysia.

Discovered in 1970 by two entomologists, these ants are anatomically and
behaviorally programmed
to be walking bombs. Two huge glands, filled with toxic secretions, run from the bases of the mandibles all the way to the posterior tip of the body. When the ants are pressed hard during combat, either by enemy ants or by an attacking predator, they contract their abdominal muscles violently, bursting open the body wall and spraying the secretions onto the foe.74

Such a serious sacrifice by the ants cannot, of course, be explained by either natural selection or by the "evolutionist socialization process". As emphasized many times before, the creature which carries out this very important sacrifice is not a man of a certain intelligence, education, sense and conscience, but an ant. Even if we think that ants may have gone through some physical change – there are ant fossils nevertheless that have remained unchanged for 80 million years – it is quite obvious that physical changes alone would not equip it with such features. No mutation experienced by a living being can cause its sudden transformation into a thinking, judging, feeling and sensing individual.

Even if we assumed that there had been an ant one day who decided to sacrifice itself to put up such a defence, it would of course be impossible for it to load this idea into its genes and transmit it to other ants.
http://www.harunyahya.com/ant07.php

Quran says all creatures will be judged on judgement day. These ants have proven evolution wrong, but they also blow themselves up for defense (suicide bombing)

Does this mean on judgement day they will be punished for this? Even though allah has programmed them to do this

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
DataPacRat
05-09-2010, 12:45 AM
Before you try to use suicidal ants to disprove evolution, you might want to remember that nearly all ants don't reproduce at all - only the queens (and drones) do, all other ants sacrificing their entire lives to ensure that the queen can create a new generation of queens. Some spend their lives tending fungal farms; some spend their lives milking aphids; some spend their lives fighting off invading insects; and some spend their lives blow themselves up. All of these actions contribute to the fitness and the survival of the queen, who then becomes more able to reproduce. Those colonies whose members better contribute to their queens have an advantage over those colonies who do not; this difference provides enough leeway for classic "survival of the fittest" processes to take place, allowing evolution to proceed, simply on the level of ant-colonies rather than individual organisms.

In many senses, an ant colony /is/ a single organism, simply one with a body split up into lots of pieces.

Thank you for your time,
--
DataPacRat
lu .iacu'i ma krinu lo du'u .ei mi krici la'e di'u li'u traji lo ka vajni fo lo preti

Mujahideen92
05-09-2010, 01:41 AM
No offense, but Harun Yahya is a total nut imo...

Woodrow
05-09-2010, 01:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mujahideen92
No offense, but Harun Yahya is a total nut imo...
While I cringe every time I see him presenting "Scientific" evidence. I believe he is very far from being a nut. But, I think he would do more good if he presented replicable facts and stopped trying to be taken seriously as a scientist.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
marwen
05-09-2010, 01:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by quranalim
... These ants have proven evolution wrong, but they also blow themselves up for defense (suicide bombing)
I don't think this is a real proof of the falsity of the Evolution Theory. And I think it's hard to find a proof against the evolution theory, because there is nothing concrete about it that we can discuss, I mean it's all based on guess, and you cannot say that a given guess is true or false.

format_quote Originally Posted by DataPacRat
"survival of the fittest"
The survival of the fittest phenomenon isn't a proof neither an argument to the evolution theory in its general definition, though it's supporting the evolution "guess", or way of thinking.

marwen
05-09-2010, 02:20 AM
Will these ants be punished for doing "Suicide Bombing" on Judgement day ?
erm.. It's more likely a "no". But "I don't know" is the best answer I can find.

Seeker1066
05-09-2010, 02:29 AM
This is nothing new. All honeybees kill themselves to defend the hive as the use of their sting rips out the venom sack leading to death. Ants form bridges over streams where thosands die so they can cross. Yet Man who has reason and freewill will choose martydom rather than deny his beliefs. That is truly a noble death that Jews, Christians and Muslims can agree upon.

Peace to all.

Dagless
05-09-2010, 03:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by quranalim
http://www.harunyahya.com/ant07.php

Quran says all creatures will be judged on judgement day. These ants have proven evolution wrong, but they also blow themselves up for defense (suicide bombing)

Does this mean on judgement day they will be punished for this? Even though allah has programmed them to do this
Only Allah knows who will be punished.
Suicide is the intentional taking of ones own life. What you've described seems to be natural response or unconscious action which is part of the ant. You cannot say the ant intentionally took its life because it is not within the control of the ant not to take its own life.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!