/* */

PDA

View Full Version : lie to protect yourself? permissable?

anonymous
05-09-2010, 09:52 AM
say if u have done sometin reali bad in the past dat no - one noes about and then you fear sum1 has found out but itz a matta of protecting yur self - respect, can you conceal your sins by lying? is it allowed in such circumstances?
i'm so embaresed about what i have done and it seems as if lyin is da onli way.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mujahideen92
05-10-2010, 12:08 AM
Lying wont make your situation better bro, in fact it may only make things worse and you will feel more guilty

marwen
05-10-2010, 08:27 AM
There is a difference between keeping the truth for yourself, and lying. If no one asked about an information, then you can keep it for yourself if it's better.
But when someone seriously asked you about an information, and probably he will know it anyway, then it's better to face it and to answer him before things get more complicated. In islam, if you refuse to say the truth when you are asked lest people get mad on you, then you'll be betraying Allah. So it's better to face the truth and endure peoples' reaction than betray Allah and suffer from eternal punishment in the afterlife. So chose to be right with Allah and seek help from him to get you out your problems, and to protect you from the anger of people.

PS : this advice applies to me too.

Alpha Dude
05-10-2010, 09:09 AM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
There is a difference between keeping the truth for yourself, and lying. If no one asked about an information, then you can keep it for yourself if it's better.

But when someone seriously asked you about an information, and probably he will know it anyway, then it's better to face it and to answer him before things get more complicated.
I agree with this. You don't need to lie.

You can choose your words carefully such that your sin remains concealed yet you are not technically telling a lie.

In islam, if you refuse to say the truth when you are asked lest people get mad on you, then you'll be betraying Allah. So it's better to face the truth and endure peoples' reaction than betray Allah and suffer from eternal punishment in the afterlife. So chose to be right with Allah and seek help from him to get you out your problems, and to protect you from the anger of people.
I agree with this in principle. Keep in mind though that it is actually a duty to hide our sins. If somebody asks us whether we have done xyz sin then we should say something like 'it is not the adab of a muslim to indulge in such activity'. This is not considered deception.

However, saying that, if the sin is such that it has an impact on the person that is asking and he will find out sooner or later and complications most likely will arise then it might be better to place trust in Allah and just tell (but that is just my humble opinion). Otherwise there really is no such need.

Read this for more information.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!