/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Geocentric Islam .. Earth is FIXED !

mandosalama
05-09-2010, 10:46 AM
Al-salam alikum

As a muslim I should know that the Earth is the center of the universe, but as many muslims that was not clear to me untill I had a revelation.. kinda !
as we go on this blog we will know evidences and see proofs , but for a start we should agree on something , if the quran said that the world is geocentric and we bacame sure of this then we will not argue the point!.. being muslim means to surrender to the words of allah even when many say it is lunacy and lies!
Iman "faith" means that the second we reach the point where we learn that the rasul Muhammad believed in a fixed earth WE WILL BELIEVE THAT TOO.

that said , remember that scientificly the two theories are probable. there is no disproof of the geocentric "theory" yet! and there will not be.

the truth will out , it is after all OUT THERE.

peace
Salama

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mandosalama
05-09-2010, 10:49 AM
I started a blog about the subject :

http://mando2u2003.blogspot.com

there you can find evidences that Qura'n says the earth is the center of the universe.

Chuck
05-09-2010, 10:51 AM
This is garbage.

mandosalama
05-09-2010, 10:54 AM
Is not He Who has made the earth as a fixed abode. Quran 27:61

There are 2 Fatwas from sheikhs Ibn Baz & Outhaimeen (suadi) says the sun orbits the earth everyday.
there is a famous book in arabic by eid wardany says the same and suadi authorities permited it also the Azhar.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Chuck
05-09-2010, 11:04 AM
You are taking that verse out of context.

Sheik ibn baz, don't know where he said that, but he has been misquoted on another similar issue which he denied strongly:

Is the Earth round or flat?

Question: The following letter reached the program (broadcast program) from Kenya, sent by our brother, the student, Ibraheem Muhammad Al-Awwal. The brother says, "I heard the program Nurun 'alad-Darb (A Light upon the Path) and I benefited greatly from it. Therefore, I wanted to send these questions to you all because their topics are very perplexing to me. The first is: Is the earth round or flat?"

Response: According to the people knowledge (scholars of Islaam) the earth is round, for indeed Ibn Hazm and a group of other scholars mentioned that there is a consensus (unanimous agreement, Ijmaa') among the people of knowledge that it is round. This means that all of it is connected together thus making the form of the entire planet like a ball. However, Allaah has spread out surface for us and He has placed firm mountains upon it and placed the animals and the seas upon it as a mercy for us. For this reason, Allaah said:

{And (do they not look) at the Earth, how it was made FLAT (Sutihat)}, [Soorah al-Ghaashiyyah, Aayah 20]

Therefore, it (the Earth) has been made flat for us in regards to its surface, so that people can live on it and so that people can be comfortable upon it. The fact that it is round does not prevent that its surface has been made flat. This is because something that is round and very large, if it is made flat (its surface), then its surface will become very vast or broad (i.e. having a flat appearance). Yes."

Shaykh Ibn Baaz

Chuck
05-09-2010, 11:07 AM
Here are the 3 translations, it has nothing to do with the orbit of Earth:
YUSUFALI: Or, Who has made the earth firm to live in; made rivers in its midst; set thereon mountains immovable; and made a separating bar between the two bodies of flowing water? (can there be another) god besides Allah? Nay, most of them know not.
PICKTHAL: Is not He (best) Who made the earth a fixed abode, and placed rivers in the folds thereof, and placed firm hills therein, and hath set a barrier between the two seas? Is there any Allah beside Allah? Nay, but most of them know not!
SHAKIR: Or, Who made the earth a restingplace, and made in it rivers, and raised on it mountains and placed between the two seas a barrier. Is there a god with Allah? Nay! most of them do not know!

mandosalama
05-09-2010, 11:17 AM
just search geocentricity and ibn baz and you will find that i didn't lie!
Ibn Baz said in a specific book called "evidence of the possibility to go to planets and of the running of the sun and standing of the earth"
الأدلة النقلية والحسية على جريان الشمس وسكون الأرض
from his own site : look at #2
http://www.binbaz.org.sa/mat/21286

He did not say the earth is flat ..

mandosalama
05-09-2010, 11:27 AM
013.002 Allah is He Who raised the heavens without any pillars that ye can see; is firmly
established on the throne (of authority); He has subjected the sun and the moon (to his Law)!
Each one runs (its course) for a term appointed. He doth regulate all affairs, explaining the
signs in detail, that ye may believe with certainty in the meeting with your Lord.

Al-Qur'an, 013.002 (Ar-Rad [The Thunder])

Narrated Abu Dharr: The Prophet asked me at sunset, "Do you know where the sun goes (at
the time of sunset)?" I replied, "Allah and His Apostle know better." He said, "It goes (i.e.
travels) till it prostrates Itself underneath the Throne and takes the permission to rise again,
and it is permitted and then (a time will come when) it will be about to prostrate itself but its
prostration will not be accepted, and it will ask permission to go on its course but it will not be
permitted, but it will be ordered to return whence it has come and so it will rise in the west.
And that is the interpretation of the Statement of Allah: ‘And the sun Runs its fixed course for
a term (decreed). That is The Decree of (Allah) The Exalted in Might, The All-Knowing.’"
Sahih Bukhari 4:54:421

a clear Hadith says that the sun orbits earth everyday..

mandosalama
05-09-2010, 11:33 AM
The Qur'an clearly tells us that the sun follows a daily cycle, which ends every night when the sun goes to its resting place. المستقر
no where in the Qura'n the Earth has an action .. or a movement verb around anything. nothing
just like the skies .. it is fixed
in Qura'n how many times came the skies and the earth in the same sentence .. one after anothe ?
many many times .. because just like the fixed skies the earth is standing still in the center of the universe

Muhammad
05-09-2010, 11:45 AM
Assalaamu Alaykum,

When interpreting verses of the Qur'an, a proper methodology must be followed to reach the correct understanding. It is not allowed to interpret a verse according to how we personally understand them, rather one must have a good understanding of the principles of tafseer.

Thread closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!