/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it suitable to marry her accordance with Islamic law? Feedback plz.

Hi7
05-09-2010, 10:23 PM
Salam Alaikum,

I am a Muslim man, and have been dating a non Muslim Russian lady for about 8 months. She is Russian Orthodox. She has left her Russian fiance to be with me.

We have been talking about marriage. She doesn't want to be a Muslim, but she said that our future children could be Muslims.

We currently live in an Asian country (not my country) where the main population is buddist. Since we aren't married yet, we haven't had any physical contact yet.

Because she had a Russian fiance before, perhaps she is not a chaste lady. I don't feel comfortable asking these types of questions, but if I really have to I will ask her whether she is chaste or not. Based on the information above is it suitable for me to marry her accordance with the Islamic law? Any advice?I thank you in advance for taking the time to reply to me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AhmadibnNasroon
05-10-2010, 03:14 PM
www.islamqa.com

distressed
05-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Salaam

Not sure about the islamic law thing, and maybe some1 else will be able to answer that bit for you. Having bin in a similar situation myself (& nearly being gunned down on this forum) i would advise against it, i dont think it would work marrying a non muslim thats just my opinion.. However if she has said that she doesnt mind any future children being muslims, how do you know she wont change her mind in the future ?? Does she know anything about islam and its practices ?? either way good luck with what ever you decide.

Ummu Sufyaan
05-11-2010, 09:28 AM
:sl:
i sincerely advise you to stay away from such a relationship as you cant guarantee that she wont change her mind, run off with your kids and raise them however she wants not to mention dump you for another guy as she dumped her first for you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ayesha Rana
05-11-2010, 05:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
i sincerely advise you to stay away from such a relationship as you cant guarantee that she wont change her mind, run off with your kids and raise them however she wants not to mention dump you for another guy as she dumped her first for you.
*encore* exactly keep right away from it bro if you know what's good for you.

Anyway you shouldn't have been dating her in the first place and evil cannot make good.

One of your kids rights on you is to get them a good mother so don't go trasing their rights before they are born.

Allah will find you a lovely pious Muslim wife Insha'Allah

format_quote Originally Posted by distressed
Having bin in a similar situation myself (& nearly being gunned down on this forum) i would advise against it
lol at gunned down :D

Abdul Wahid
05-11-2010, 05:49 PM

Agree with sisters Ummu Sufyaan & Ayesha Rana.

Is it worth the risk? Risks far outweigh the rewards.

There are many sisters out there whom you can choose from.

:wa:

Snowflake
05-11-2010, 08:59 PM
Agree with sisters Ummu Sufyaan & Ayesha Rana.
Na'am. Well said sisters.

What does Russian orthodox mean? :?

cat eyes
05-12-2010, 04:51 AM
why dose it matter whether she is chaste or not? also have you tried giving her any type of dawah at all? maybe she has wrong idea about islam altogether.

don't marry her at all. your gone mad. don't make any stupid decisions just because she is all sweet

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!