/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Screenshots of old Li

aadil77
05-10-2010, 08:59 AM
has anyone got any? please upload them here, I wanna compare them, this new element blue theme looks cheap with its aqua blue background

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
05-10-2010, 12:34 PM
:sl:

Try the Wayback machine. Here's one old archive: http://web.archive.org/web/200801131...amicboard.com/

aadil77
05-10-2010, 02:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
Wa Alaykum Asalam

JazakhAllah Khair, main difference is that is proper widescreen and better colours, I'm sure this one can be tweeked

AabiruSabeel
05-10-2010, 02:13 PM
This skin (element) is also widescreen. I don't know why you don't get it. Can you post a screenshot?

The main difference that I noticed is the post background colour and quick info background colours are interchanged.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
05-10-2010, 02:45 PM

see the difference?

AabiruSabeel
05-10-2010, 02:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/7299/54672204.jpg
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/5663/11491087.jpg

see the difference?
Those gaps, I remember them, in Aria skin that was there. But not in Element. It doesn't make much difference though.
I think brother -S- will have to check the settings.

aadil77
05-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Those gaps, I remember them, in Aria skin that was there. But not in Element. It doesn't make much difference though.
I think brother -S- will have to check the settings.
also it would be good if we could get the notifications, usercp and all that back on the right side

Alpha Dude
05-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Prior to the upgrade, we had two different versions of the Element skin. Fixed width and Full width.

I don't think changing the skin to have full width would involve too much work. It will most likely be a simple one line alteration to a css file.

In fact, check this thread, there might be some admin tools that allow the necessary changes.

So the solution would be to install another copy of the this same skin and change the width of that to full and keep this as it is. Users would then be left with two versions of the same skin, differing only in width. Just as we had before.

Edit. Just saw this post on VBstyles:

Her is a quick guide on the different xml files

Skin name ending in # = postbit with the user info on the left
Skin name ending in - = postbit with the user info on the top
Skin name ending in + = full width skin.
The skin ending with + is what we have? Why isn't it full width lol.

AabiruSabeel
05-10-2010, 07:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
The skin ending with + is what we have? Why isn't it full width lol.
Our skin is Full Width. It's just some extra space at the ends. I think they kept Full Width at 98% or something similar. If we can make it 100% then it will touch the edges.

aadil77
05-12-2010, 08:45 PM
Our skin is Full Width. It's just some extra space at the ends. I think they kept Full Width at 98% or something similar. If we can make it 100% then it will touch the edges.
cool, also is this skin the default skin for guests and everyone?

Beardo
05-13-2010, 12:54 PM
^ I believe so.

Periwinkle18
05-13-2010, 01:08 PM
i miss old Li :P

aadil77
05-24-2010, 09:50 PM
so how long till you guys resize it?

AabiruSabeel
05-25-2010, 05:41 AM
Ask Rashad. Maybe zAk can also check it, but I don't know. :hmm:

'Abd Al-Maajid
12-22-2010, 12:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
I see you were SM then. :hmm: Old days are always good, can anyone explain it to me why is it so?

Alpha Dude
12-22-2010, 01:42 PM
Just for you, check out the new theme 'Element Blue-Full Width'.

Still a work in process so if you see any inconsistencies/design issues, let me know.

Note that it is best viewed in Firefox and maybe Chrome. Works in IE but there are some issues to sort out for it to render properly. I'll get to them soon inshaAllah.

Woodrow
12-22-2010, 03:26 PM
A bit of nostalgia.

SafaAuditore
12-22-2010, 04:07 PM
I just realized this place is called IB and not LI now....why is that? XD

aadil77
12-23-2010, 12:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bedouin

Just for you, check out the new theme 'Element Blue-Full Width'.

Still a work in process so if you see any inconsistencies/design issues, let me know.

Note that it is best viewed in Firefox and maybe Chrome. Works in IE but there are some issues to sort out for it to render properly. I'll get to them soon inshaAllah.
JazakhAllah khair, nice mashAllah - are you designing it?

it brings back old memories, proper old skool

any chance we can have a element purple full width theme, same colours n everythin?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!